Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 04:43:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Life 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Life  (Read 15997 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: September 30, 2008, 02:40:33 AM

Still got the fruit awesome, for real

Edit: Don't like the slimey new boss, though. Bring back Robin Weigert damnit!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 03:24:54 AM by Trippy »
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 09:56:26 AM

This show is the police procedural equivalent of House.  I don't really care about who committed what crime, I just like watching this dude be quirky.  And while I can't fault the new guy's taste, seriously, he could stand to  tone down the creepy.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 03:47:59 AM

Yea, Robin Weigert made a cameo appearance. Hope they bring her back for more episodes -- maybe even have her working a case with the two main characters now that's she's been demoted back down to Detective.

Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 07:49:17 AM

I'm in complete agreement about the new guy. Don't like him at all, really. He seems very uncomfortable in a creepy part.

Other than that, though, still really like the show.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 10:31:19 AM

He seems to be less quirky this season.. less of the whole Zen stuff.  I actually like the show and I like Donal Logue playing the creepy Captain.  I think he's kind of a stand out because he's a NY cop and he works a bit different then the LA ones.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 06:57:45 AM

The episode from Friday 8-10 was the best of the season.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 06:11:38 AM

Am I the only person on here who still watches? And I the only one who rewound the panty shot of Sarah Shahi?

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 06:12:36 AM

No, no. awesome, for real
Gutboy Barrelhouse
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 06:54:15 AM

Besides that (which was awesome) the ep was great.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 06:58:10 AM

They've all been good this year (well I missed one episode so I don't know about that one).
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 11:54:19 AM

I'm not a big fan of the new captain. I don't think he fits in with the show at all and takes focus away from Crews. Other than that, though, still watching and enjoying.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 01:39:24 PM

Not to creepy guy if you have an insanely hot woman who is trained in weapons naked in front of you DON'T call her dude.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 06:49:47 PM

Love the show.  Damien Lewis is an underappreciated actor. 

His work in "Keane" was spectacular.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 06:11:37 AM

Not to creepy guy if you have an insanely hot woman who is trained in weapons naked in front of you DON'T call her dude.

What amuses me about that is my wife calls everyone dude. Including other women.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 09:59:22 AM

Definitely not a "dude".  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 05, 2008, 01:01:36 PM

I'm still watching.. I think this is the only "cop" show I watch anymore.  I've given up on CSI and Law and Order.
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 05, 2008, 07:20:48 PM

Note to creepy guy if you have an insanely hot woman who is trained in weapons naked in front of you DON'T call her dude.
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1792/sashahcl7.jpg

Duuuuude.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

She's not naked, but maybe your work environment frowns on pictures of girls in bikinis on your desktop, so be forewarned.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 06:18:37 AM

The show is brilliant.  Best on right now in my opinion.  Crews picking up the phone and the reaction was just brilliant.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
Gutboy Barrelhouse
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 03:05:04 PM

Crews getting the bullet that shot him, melting it so it then work in his gun and shooting the FBI agent that shot him, brilliant.
One of the two best shows on TV (LOST is the other for me).
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 06:06:44 AM

I'm still loving this show. I'm worried that it might not be back next season however.

For some reason, I dislike the relationship between Danni and the Captain. I guess it's because I keep hoping Crews will get with her. Which is odd because they don't really have chemistry.

Man, that girl with the pink hair from last episode was...odd. I loved how she was totally different when she dressed up as the rocker than she was in her day to day life.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 08:02:43 AM

Man, that girl with the pink hair from last episode was...odd. I loved how she was totally different when she dressed up as the rocker than she was in her day to day life.
That's Angela Goethals and it was orange hair (she's a redhead in real life) and yes she was "in character" when she was dressed up as the rocker.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 08:19:51 AM

I'm still loving this show. I'm worried that it might not be back next season however.
The ratings have been bad, so yea it may not be back which would be very sad. One small glimmer of hope is even though it's sucking in absolute numbers is actually doing okay if you just look at the NBC shows but that's cause NBC is doing so badly.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 12:59:38 PM

That's Angela Goethals and it was orange hair (she's a redhead in real life) and yes she was "in character" when she was dressed up as the rocker.

Lol. You seem to know more about her than I do. I know she was in character, but it was...interesting they way they did it. It was such a huge contrast from her "normal" self and she did it even when she didn't need to like when Crews was giving her a ride.

Fargull
Contributor

Reply #23 on: February 27, 2009, 07:36:46 AM

Last two shows have been great.  I really don't know of any show on TV that is currently near the quality.  I love the dialogue, acting, and overall ploting of the story (both the episode and over all arch).

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 11:25:58 PM

God I love this show. It's going to suck when they cancel it at the end of the season.
Le0
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 11:45:27 PM

I'm going to give it a shot, it seems to be liked!
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 06:00:13 AM

Sooo...what do you guys think of the revelation on Wed? My guess is she was just asking him about her dad. I think we'll find that she didn't believe Crews when he told her her dad had nothing to do with him going to jail and she is now investigating things on her own time. Maybe Danni will finally get pulled fully into what Crews is doing?

And have you guys noticed that they seemed to have dropped the addiction tension from her character? Also, why is she at the FBI and barely in the show lately? Is she in a movie or something and so has less time?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #27 on: March 12, 2009, 08:25:19 AM

And have you guys noticed that they seemed to have dropped the addiction tension from her character? Also, why is she at the FBI and barely in the show lately? Is she in a movie or something and so has less time?
She's pregnant in real life.
Gutboy Barrelhouse
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: March 12, 2009, 10:45:27 AM

The movie sucks but she is in Rush Hour 3 and the booty shot in the first few minutes makes it worth the cost of the DvD alone. In my opinion.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: March 12, 2009, 10:59:55 AM

Still love this show, the only cop show I even watch anymore. 
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #30 on: March 12, 2009, 11:45:03 AM

Is it being canceled at the end of the season for sure?  I've seen it a few times now and I like the quirky lead character.  The plots aren't brilliant or anything (it IS a tv cop show after all) but he makes it really enjoyable. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #31 on: March 12, 2009, 12:07:51 PM

Is it being canceled at the end of the season for sure?  I've seen it a few times now and I like the quirky lead character.  The plots aren't brilliant or anything (it IS a tv cop show after all) but he makes it really enjoyable. 
NBC hasn't said anything yet but the ratings are low enough that it's very likely this is its last season.
DevilsAdvocate25
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: March 12, 2009, 01:23:00 PM

I love this show, but I keep missing it since they moved it to Wednesday. I need to watch it on Hulu or NBC's website.

Season 1 DVD just came out a week or so ago. Buy it if you love the show.

Aside from just how much I like the show for it's acting, characterizations, and plots, the music is pretty sweet too.
Gutboy Barrelhouse
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: April 02, 2009, 08:39:42 AM

Series finale next week, I hate that NBC has cancelled this show.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: April 02, 2009, 08:53:53 AM

Series finale next week, I hate that NBC has cancelled this show.

They cancelled it? Fuck. It was starting to get good again.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Life  
Jump to: