Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 07:54:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: So I've tried a bunch of characters...... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So I've tried a bunch of characters......  (Read 26843 times)
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

on: September 25, 2008, 09:18:05 AM

Im definitely an Archmage. Does bat country have room?

Level 10 Archmage, Mordwil.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 09:20:34 AM

yes.
Why are you waiting to 10 to join the guild?

"Me am play gods"
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 11:40:18 AM

Yay healers. I love healers, especially since I've decided to be DPS/support for this game.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

-Rasix
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 11:58:08 AM

yes.
Why are you waiting to 10 to join the guild?

Well shoot, I wanted to make sure i was going to like the character.

So far ive tried, Iron breaker, Shadow Warrior, BW(yummy splody fun), Sword Master

Im definitely going to keep the archmage for sure, Who do i send a tell to?

I promise i didnt mean to get all the way to ten. It just kind of happened before i realized it. Game is super fun and all.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 12:05:02 PM by Pennilenko »

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 12:11:23 PM

Waiting until you find something isn't a bad choice, I'm a one woman revolving door. Plus I keep deleting since I'm attached to my name.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 02:01:23 PM

non, tryst, kite, tazelbain, stackhouse, rattran, kayle

/who bat should give you a list people to ask to request an invite in guild chat.

"Me am play gods"
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 02:13:41 PM

non, tryst, kite, tazelbain, stackhouse, rattran, kayle

/who bat should give you a list people to ask to request an invite in guild chat.

Thanks man

Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 08:09:01 AM

My problem is I like bright wizards, but so does everyone else. If I play my ironbreaker, I know the scenario I'm in will have at least 1 ironbreaker.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 08:12:18 AM

I love playing my sorc, but was surprised to find that I really enjoy healers.  It's a challenge to not only keep your party alive, but also keep people alive outside your party. 

The reward for playing a healer: People blame you for not keeping them alive when they do stupid shit (overextend, leave LoS, etc.). 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 08:47:42 AM

Ended up getting this because of the roommate.  I like Disciples.  His guild and Bat Country are all Order.  Meh.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 08:54:33 AM

Try a WP instead.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 09:26:55 AM

Ended up getting this because of the roommate.  I like Disciples.  His guild and Bat Country are all Order.  Meh.

I'm not, you can come play with us on Praaag. (open PvP).

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Arrrgh
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 09:45:22 AM

Try a WP instead.

WP require much multi-tasking. The number of really bad WPs out there leads me to believe that most people aren't capable of playing the class well.

A well played WP is great though.

Rasix

Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 09:49:54 AM

Not here, jerkwad.

-Rasix
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 10:06:52 AM

Try a WP instead.

WP require much multi-tasking. The number of really bad WPs out there leads me to believe that most people aren't capable of playing the class well.

A well played WP is great though.

I do pretty well, and I suck!

It's not actually all that hard to play a WP imo, it only gets harsh if the other team doesn't try to focus damage. Easiest method I've found is to make YOURSELF the biggest pain in the ass, and then you have a single target to heal <3

Then again, I think the Bat Country healers are tired of my near suicidal antics on occasion. I don't remember who it was who told me to stop running into melee with the murderball ticking for 95% of my health.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 08:54:11 AM

Try a WP instead.
I know they are supposed to be mechanically similar, however I prefer the 'feel' of the Disciple.  All the Dark Elves, really, since I get this Baroque vibe from them.  The mechanics are secondary to me, and I'm not big on playing healers as far as that goes.

Are Disciples overpowered?  It hasn't seemed like it in the few scenarios I've played, but I was impressing myself last night.  I like to explore, so I went wandering around Nordica last night as a level nine.  Got flagged by using my area heal next to a flagged Chosen in one of the scenarios, then moved on to my explorations.  I just wandered and let any passing person go by.  An Iron-Breaker two levels above me wouldn't leave me alone so I turned, fought, and won.  A bit later a Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, and Warrior Priest decided to defend the town after I wandered a bit close.  All three levels below me, so they had numbers, I had levels.  The SW kept me slowed, so I couldn't outright run any down and they surrounded me to make it difficult to bounced between them.  I finally managed to kill the Swordmaster after a minute of fighting by switching between him and the Warrior Priest.  Chased the other two so they split up at that point, then let them go.  (Swordmasters with healing are tough!)

We're all in the newbie levels, so maybe they were all learning.  I don't consider myself that great at these games, but as long as I kept my cool I was doing really well.  So what happened?  Class balance at low levels, sucky opponents, am I better than I give myself credit for, luck?

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #16 on: September 27, 2008, 09:19:00 AM

DoK and WP are OP in tier 1, just due to good damage output and healing. DoK/WP level 11s in scenarios tend to wipe everyone else (assuming they start by killing Sorc/BWs then healers)

Tier 2 they even out, but are still pretty good. 1v1 they do great, though it's still hard to kill solo healers.
Arrrgh
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 27, 2008, 11:21:44 AM

Let me rephrase. If you're trying to heal other people WP require a great deal of multitasking. If you only ever heal yourself they're easy to play.

A rune priest can just stand in one spot watching health bars and tossing heals around as needed.

WP have to have someone to beat on, that someone will probably move during the beating on so now you're chasing someone while beating on them. Our WP might want his beat downs to do good damage so he's chasing someone and beating on them while using his attacks in the correct sequence to get good DPS. While doing this he has to be changing friendly targets (while keeping his beatie as his hostile target) and tossing off heals between attacks.

I know they can do the prayer thing to regen fury but then healing becomes a two step process and they're a weak healer who is doing no damage.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #18 on: September 27, 2008, 05:53:02 PM

Yeah, I established during the various previews that my brain refuses to deal with Melee DPSing and Healing at the same time, especially since it's such a pain in the ass to heal people outside of your group. I COULD just decide "fuck everyone else!" and just heal myself, but then I'd be an asshole.  ACK!

God Save the Horn Players
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #19 on: September 27, 2008, 06:31:48 PM

I am using the "Squares" mod.  I am finding it easy to heal people who are in my warband/scenerio but not in my group.

"Me am play gods"
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 27, 2008, 07:15:33 PM

If I know what you are talking about, I used the same mod in DAoC with my healer toons.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: September 27, 2008, 08:55:26 PM

My problem is I like bright wizards, but so does everyone else. If I play my ironbreaker, I know the scenario I'm in will have ONLY 1 ironbreaker.

This would be more accurate. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #22 on: September 27, 2008, 11:44:23 PM

I'm shelving my white lion until some of the pet fixes come through. Started an ironbreaker. Much fun!

And I wanted to see why all those naked dwarfs are running about. No difference in survival, and you get 'unarmored' achievements. Wacky.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 28, 2008, 02:54:44 PM

I'm shelving my white lion until some of the pet fixes come through. Started an ironbreaker. Much fun!

I'm the opposite; shelved my Ironbreaker to try out a White Lion.  I love all the classes in this game, so far, it's hard to choose one.

But they SERIOUSLY need to fix the pet classes.  Pathing is beyond fucked for pets.  I have no idea what the hell my cat is doing.  Half the time he looks like he's just standing around, complex commands like "stay" and "follow" do not seem to work.  Sometimes, he'll just fucking vanish, can't see him anywhere, his portrait vanishes, and his command bar goes away.  So, I click "Summon Lion" and it unsummons him, and I have to sit through the cooldown to get him back.

Also, either make the "Summon Lion" ability instant, or don't have it unsummon my lion when I die.  Every time I die in PvP I have to stand still for two seconds at the spawn and resummon the thing (and make sure it's really summoned not "Spell Complete *step* OOPS I LIDE LOL").
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #24 on: September 28, 2008, 03:37:45 PM

Follow only works if he's in passive mode, and you don't have a mob targeted. When your cat despawns, it's usually right next to you, invisible. Though sometimes it just gets stuck on terrain, and despawns from being too far away. Which triggers the cooldown on the summon button.
Otherwise, you can try using the keyboard shortcut for attack (shift-c) when he seems missing. He'll come running from your side to the mob. The server won't bother telling you where the mob is after your cat attacks, so you get to do the 'wander around until autoattack goes off' If you still have the control bar, you can set your cat to passive, clear target, and hit follow. The pet will return to you, and the mob will follow. Then start beating on you, so you know where it is. Unless Mythic starts updating to the client WHERE SHIT IS more often, I don't know how this can be fixed.

Generally keeping the pet passive, always starting attacks in melee range, then having the cat attack works best. But it's a pain in the butt, makes it hard for the cat to take aggro, and sometimes still doesn't work.

It wouldn't stand out as SO BROKEN if WoW didn't have pets working just fine.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: September 28, 2008, 04:14:57 PM

SWG had better working pet controls, and that's saying something...

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: September 29, 2008, 09:06:30 AM

Not here, jerkwad.

what?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Rasix

Reply #27 on: September 29, 2008, 09:15:31 AM

This may be the Bat Country guild subforum.  Not sure.  Pretty we don't play on Praag though.

Not the forum for giving people other options.  They're going to play with us, damn it.

-Rasix
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 29, 2008, 09:18:34 AM

This may be the Bat Country guild subforum.  Not sure.  Pretty we don't play on Praag though.

Not the forum for giving people other options.  They're going to play with us, damn it.

Oh, wasn't really my intention. Just putting it out there...

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: September 29, 2008, 04:13:02 PM

Right, so the question which nobody has really answered is:  Where is Bat Country playing their Destruction alts?

Probably doesn't matter now, as my Ostermark characters are my highest and I've run across a lot of good RPers to make my guildless existance bearable.

schild
Administrator

Reply #30 on: September 29, 2008, 04:23:29 PM

Destruction alts, what are those?
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: September 29, 2008, 08:21:27 PM

A dirty little secret, apparently.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #32 on: September 29, 2008, 09:15:46 PM

a good way to build rested exp imo. I hop on different alts nowadays to keep things fresh.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: October 01, 2008, 07:01:50 AM

I started my magus on averheim due to the relatively balanced population.

Also amusingly where PA guild's order alts are, or something.
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #34 on: October 02, 2008, 09:06:55 AM

My destro alts are on Avelorn. I like teh arpees.

Also I'm really liking Shadow Warrior. The message board traffic for them is whiny though.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: So I've tried a bunch of characters......  
Jump to: