Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:07:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: So I've tried a bunch of characters...... 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So I've tried a bunch of characters......  (Read 26715 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #35 on: October 02, 2008, 09:07:57 AM

Also I'm really liking Shadow Warrior. The message board traffic for them is whiny though.

Just wait, you get fucking awesome in your late 20s. Fucking awesome.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: October 02, 2008, 10:25:19 AM

I don't get why players dislike shadow warriors. I have a little white lion right now just because I'm burnt out on archery for the month, but dear god if they're not a brutal group support dps. The only downside to the class is the Midgard Hunter syndrome, where you can spec melee, but WHY DEAR GOD WOULD YOU.
schild
Administrator

Reply #37 on: October 02, 2008, 10:35:35 AM

Yar, This is my build for those wondering. Not much group benefit other than the fact I fucking lay waste to people so there's less enemies.

Step 1: Target
Step 2: Kill
Step 3: Goto Step 1.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 02, 2008, 11:18:44 AM

Yar, This is my build for those wondering. Not much group benefit other than the fact I fucking lay waste to people so there's less enemies.

Step 1: Target
Step 2: Kill
Step 3: Goto Step 1.

Failure.

http://war.mmoguildsites.com/career_planner/shadow_warrior?15000511011000000000010000000000000000000000000000000000000

Points: Fell the Weak is ass. If the target is below 50% health, this skill will do the same damage as Eagle Eye! ... Woo?

Shadow Sting is usable in any stance, has no cooldown, and simply requires broadhead to be applied for a healing debuff. Fucking score.

Most importantly to you at this point however: Enchanted Arrow's text is fucked up. The ability applies to Flame Arrow AND Festering Arrow. Get it.
schild
Administrator

Reply #39 on: October 02, 2008, 11:33:50 AM

Wait, what. Enchanted arrow applies to Festering? That changes everything. Also, I would use Fell the Weak as a killing blow because it *costs* 10 less base then Eagle Eye and then less from the previous tactic.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: October 02, 2008, 11:35:36 AM

Yeah, the text for Enchanted Arrows was "Flame And Festering" in beta, somewhere it changed, but board testing shows Festering still ignores resists with the tactic equipped. Which makes it Godlike.
schild
Administrator

Reply #41 on: October 02, 2008, 11:36:41 AM

Festering arrow is pretty much the most guaranteed nerf I know of besides the Sorc PBAoe. But honestly, no one plays Shadow Warrior, so it might be safe. But yea, I'm gonna respect my last point once I get in to take that. So totally fucked up.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #42 on: October 02, 2008, 11:40:21 AM

I don't get why players dislike shadow warriors. I have a little white lion right now just because I'm burnt out on archery for the month, but dear god if they're not a brutal group support dps. The only downside to the class is the Midgard Hunter syndrome, where you can spec melee, but WHY DEAR GOD WOULD YOU.

That's not Midgard hunter syndrome. Midgard hunter syndrome is "you suck."

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #43 on: October 02, 2008, 12:01:26 PM

AKA Squig Herders.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #44 on: October 02, 2008, 12:05:20 PM

AKA Squig Herders.

Yeah that was the impression I got messing around with one. It is kind of too bad, the thing where you ride around in the squig's mouth is pretty  DRILLING AND MANLINESS.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 02, 2008, 04:22:15 PM

My destro alts are on Avelorn. I like teh arpees.
Awesome.  If I kill you, be sure to let me know so I can gloat. Grin

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #46 on: October 02, 2008, 08:10:09 PM

I'm unhappily sitting at Rank 17 on my Shadow Warrior, staring with jealousy at all those abilities I can't use yet.
schild
Administrator

Reply #47 on: October 02, 2008, 08:11:09 PM

That's what you get for looking ahead. This is why new skills always surprise me!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #48 on: October 03, 2008, 11:18:35 AM

And then you promptly run around, telling everyone how awesome these new skills are!
schild
Administrator

Reply #49 on: October 03, 2008, 11:43:15 AM

They're pretty fucking awesome.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: October 03, 2008, 11:53:04 AM

I remember a certain tier1-testing beta phase where festering arrow / poison arrer [SH equivalent] were tier1 abilities.

... you can guess the rest. :p

-- Z.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #51 on: October 04, 2008, 03:16:57 AM

Also I'm really liking Shadow Warrior. The message board traffic for them is whiny though.

Just wait, you get fucking awesome in your late 20s. Fucking awesome.

As someone who whined in guild chat about SW last night, then hit lvls 9 and 10, my opinion has shifted. SW has too many ranged "make me a sitting duck" abilities early on and doesn't have the ability to get away quick enough while also not being able to really stand up in melee. Plus it takes time to set up your abilities correctly in each stance.

I still don't have it right - my skirmish stance needs some work - but adding a melee DOT at lvl 9 and an AOE root at lvl 10 has made my melee capabilities a lot stronger while also giving me a greater ability to plink away at range.

schild
Administrator

Reply #52 on: October 04, 2008, 04:08:27 AM

That's why you pick two stances and ignore the third. May I ask what the point of going Skirmish is?
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #53 on: October 04, 2008, 06:55:14 AM

That's why you pick two stances and ignore the third. May I ask what the point of going Skirmish is?

I don't know what abilities are skirmish only. Perhaps all you need is scout and assault stances, but I'm still figuring stuff like this out.

Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #54 on: October 04, 2008, 08:03:19 AM

I'm still low level (just hit 9) but I do well switching between Scout for sniping and Assault for running/gunning/emergency melee. The only skirmish-style ability I'm locked out of in Assault stance is the snare, and I haven't found that to be a critical issue.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 08:05:52 AM by Lum »
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #55 on: October 04, 2008, 10:55:01 AM

I tried just switching between Scout and Assault stance, with Fletched Arrows (moving ranged attack) in Assault. It worked well.

A quick skim through the skills saw some Skirmish stance-only abilities. We'll deal with that when we come to them.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #56 on: October 04, 2008, 01:28:50 PM

Skirmish stance is nice because its abilities allow you to fire while chasing enemies, has an ability that slows running speed and another that gives good DoT.  And these two fire instantly.  In PvP a SW makes an absolutely shitty melee warrior if you've focused all your gear on ballistics (which you probably ought to be doing if you're playing a scout), and the Skirmish abilities make a good compliment to them.

The only two times I ever drop into assault stance are when I'm trying to enhance my survivability as I'm running away from things or when I get rushed by a bunch of enemies in PvE.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online  |  Bat Country (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: So I've tried a bunch of characters......  
Jump to: