Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:26:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: The Force Unleashed – Lucas Arts – PS3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Force Unleashed – Lucas Arts – PS3  (Read 38074 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #70 on: July 25, 2009, 05:55:23 PM

I finally 1000'd this game and can safely put it into the DO NOT FUCKING WANT TO SEE EVER AGAIN pile.

You spoke too soon. The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: July 25, 2009, 08:20:47 PM

Almost makes me wish more developers had the balls to say "Fuck the canon!" This was their only option if they wanted to "continue" the story, anyway.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #72 on: July 25, 2009, 08:34:14 PM

Quote from: article
The new DLC will basically be a “what if?” scenario where Starkiller ends up taking Vader’s place at the emperor’s side and is tasked with cleaning up some loose-ends including Obi-Wan Kenobi and Boba Fett.

Indeed, this is a fucking rad idea.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #73 on: July 26, 2009, 03:49:16 AM

Just a shame that LA have taken a typical "milk the SW fans for all we can get" attitude to the game and it's DLC. In that it's overall pretty poor value for money, and now it looks like they're trying to make the Hoth stage disc-only, so the big SW fans have to buy the game again to get the whole thing...

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #74 on: July 27, 2009, 06:32:28 PM

Yeah, that really puts me off.  They *can* release it as DLC, but won't because they'll get a few sales of the new edition out of it. 

Makes me wonder... which would sell more?  The $10 DLC sold to everyone interested, or the new $40?? version sold to a lot less people. 
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: July 28, 2009, 07:56:27 AM

They sold something like 6 million of the original box, way beyond all expectations, so perhaps they figure to repeat that?  I'm betting they'll move tons of boxes again. 

More interestingly, though...how many people even bother with DLC?  As a rule, I don't.  Not for any particular reason, I just don't.  It makes me wonder what the statistics say about that sort of thing.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: The Force Unleashed – Lucas Arts – PS3  
Jump to: