Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:48:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: same old same old - servers down 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: same old same old - servers down  (Read 3398 times)
Wasted
Terracotta Army

on: September 17, 2008, 03:31:17 AM

Bitching here because you know, no official boards and all that crap.  I don't really expect anyone to care.

But yeah we get honest for real local Aussie servers for this game and they still patch them in our prime time awesome, for real

Half the open beta week I couldn't get on-line and now in the head start I can't play again second night in.  We represent over 10% of the (projected) payer base if the number of servers allocated is any base so yes it is the 'off-peak' time globally but not a percentage you would want to throw away just because working out how to patch servers on the other side of the world at a different time is too hard.

I just don't understand what these companies are thinking to introduce so much disappointment so early in the experience.  This is the time that habits are changing, that you are spending time at work during the day thinking and getting excited about getting to log in when you get home and that surge of disappointment really is exactly the thing to make you cancel preorders and subs more than bug x or class y balance etc.

If the preorder wasn't a father's day gift but something I had just got myself I know I would have cancelled it by now.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 03:35:15 AM

Sorry to hear that, but sometimes it no piece of cake for us Eastern Standard folks.

For instance I hear my friends are on the Red Eye Mtn server.  I already have a toon there so I go to log on.  The server doesn't show up on the list!  I check the Herald and it shows REM as open.  Thirty minutes later it shows up and then I have a 30 min queue (different issue).

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 03:48:47 AM

Isn't there any feedback channels you could reach aside from their nonexistent forum? It should be a starting point. I know, it kinda pissed me off there's no official forum to talk about technical issues, and I wondered where could I take my complaints to. I mean it would've been much easier to post my beef on a forum and when I wake up the next morning someone would tell me (whether they're official source or not) that it's a bug or a feature and when is it planned to be fixed.

My friend's justification for it is to avoid the forum flames and scare away potential customers "Have you seen AoC forum lulz"
I don't see the issue, he told me to put myself on the developer's shoes, I don't give a flying fuck, I'm not a dev now, I'm a gamer. It's hard to sympathize when they have EA's money and still skimp on the forum for PR purposes.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 03:56:51 AM

Isn't there any feedback channels you could reach aside from their nonexistent forum? It should be a starting point. I know, it kinda pissed me off there's no official forum to talk about technical issues, and I wondered where could I take my complaints to. I mean it would've been much easier to post my beef on a forum and when I wake up the next morning someone would tell me (whether they're official source or not) that it's a bug or a feature and when is it planned to be fixed.

My friend's justification for it is to avoid the forum flames and scare away potential customers "Have you seen AoC forum lulz"
I don't see the issue, he told me to put myself on the developer's shoes, I don't give a flying fuck, I'm not a dev now, I'm a gamer. It's hard to sympathize when they have EA's money and still skimp on the forum for PR purposes.

Knowing that some poor overworked CS person will skim read your email and post back the appropriate generic reply based on whatever key words popped out gives even less satisfaction.  At least here I can get a stream of 'suck it up skippy' and feel good about hating the world again.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 03:59:14 AM

Suck it up, Skippy.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 04:01:27 AM

Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 02:59:46 AM

To give thanks where they are due

Quote from: warherald
Greetings!

All North American servers are coming down at 5AM EDT for an update. All Oceanic servers will be updated later in the PM EDT.

Our estimated downtime is 4 hours and we expect to be back up by 9AM EDT. Patch notes will be forthcoming.

As always please check the herald for information and updates....WAAAGH!!!

Good to see a company responding to its customers.  They did take down the most populour oceanic server (Darklands) which I have my main character on but still.  Its a very welcomed start.

I'm pretending my whinging had an effect.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 03:04:28 AM

Yea, they started doing that with the patch before this one.

Speaking of patches, Mythic sucks ass at it.

Patches address very few of the concerns besides a few stability things. Other stuff bounces in and out of working like alliance shit and such. Frankly, their post launch performance in general could use a shitload of tweaking. As in, get better.

Lack of substantial patches/patch notes are my number 1 concern right now. Following a close second is clear and concise descriptions of how to level up capital city shit.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 06:50:39 AM

Lack of substantial patches/patch notes are my number 1 concern right now. Following a close second is clear and concise descriptions of how to level up capital city shit.

This is a big surprise to me.  Mythic used to do a solid job posting complete notes to the Herald everytime there was downtime or a patch.  I'm surprised that they aren't posting this info someplace... is it possible we just don't know where they're posting this info?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 08:07:17 AM

Leveling a city rank:
In City PQ (Altdorf has that one killing zombies)
City Quests
Killing Mobs in the City Instances (Sewers in Altdorf)
Victory points or whatever they're called.

Some other stuff too probably as I've read that crafting and economy stuff does as well.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: same old same old - servers down  
Jump to: