Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:49:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online  (Read 764328 times)
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #1505 on: September 18, 2013, 06:45:06 PM

Tried using Steam Workshop when I got a steam copy.
The popular mods in nexus doesn't exist - turns out it has a size limit and that made a lot of overhauls/graphical mods not hosted (too big)
Hence I just jumped into the Nexus Mod Manager boat, and it's easy to active/deactivate. It also asks you first if you want to update the mod to a new version.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #1506 on: September 19, 2013, 03:03:05 AM

Also you are (were? I dunno if it's changed) limited to like... six Workshop mods at once, and no more. You also couldn't change their load orders.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 01:08:27 PM by koro »
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #1507 on: September 19, 2013, 07:26:18 AM

I'm on the list of people who found the hassle of installing SkyUI much smaller than the hassle of using the "it's fine" standard interface after about a minute of using it.

RE: conversation choices, I always scroll down the options with the mouse wheel to make the choice I want be at the < arrow, and THEN click on it.  But, there's a mod to try to fix the issue, apparently.
Awesome, I'll have to give that mod a try.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1508 on: October 17, 2013, 01:57:49 PM

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1509 on: October 17, 2013, 02:05:21 PM

That will be the most fun people have in the game. It's a downhill slide from creation.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #1510 on: October 18, 2013, 02:35:31 AM

Chest slider confirmed!   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1511 on: October 18, 2013, 04:21:09 AM

I do like all the variable control of the body, that's like the only thing that actually matters in terms of differentiation of players. Face details aren't really visible unless you are zoomed in on a player and everyone wears the same gear eventually. The short guy with the pot belly and twig legs though, that's Jim!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1512 on: October 18, 2013, 08:28:46 AM

So, uh, that's exactly the same as AoC character creation. Right down to the UI.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #1513 on: October 18, 2013, 09:24:47 AM

Needs more Dimonized UNP or CBBE.  why so serious?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1514 on: October 18, 2013, 10:06:07 AM

So, uh, that's exactly the same as AoC character creation. Right down to the UI.

Clearly that's not the case. The triangles are on different sides of the screen, and muscular/thin are swapped!  why so serious?

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1515 on: October 18, 2013, 10:52:59 AM

Looks rather standard to me.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #1516 on: October 19, 2013, 04:58:54 PM

Yep.

And I care just as little. All the character creation in the world matters little to me since it's always something done before you start making ingame choices about your character. CoH's awesome character creation system set the bar for me almost a decade ago. But it also highlighted that really fun experience wasn't something I could do again without rolling a new character. Which was and still is the MMO standard.

For all these games that pitch immersion, I'd like someone to put in a character system that changes over time, based on type of activity against percentage of /played or something. Am I a sloth-like crafter who spends most of his time buying/selling on the auction house? I'd probably not be a muscle bound Adonus, but instead some skinny merchant. Am I a warrior where I get all my buffs from fatty foods like cakes instead of fruits (thinking specifically GW2 type food for the moment)? I'm probably strong as an axe but with a bit of a belly.

I certainly wouldn't build a game around it. Shit, maybe it's not even appropriate for an MMO but rather something like a Skyrim. Whatever, I would just like it if character creation could become something more than painting a nice looking avatar and then quickly forgetting what they look like beyond the latest soon to be obsolete armor you just got.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #1517 on: October 20, 2013, 05:30:24 PM

Heh, unfortunately we run all the time inside MMO's (and most avatar games, Skyrim included), so that would account for enough exercise to keep in very good shape.  Especially if you also consider the weight of equipment we carry around while running (multiple sets of armor, etc).

Though, pair your idea with more support for the roleplaying crowd (character background, public achievement updates, some sort of aging system, family system, combat scars, etc) and it would probably be acceptable.  Especially if the non-roleplayers have cheap access to dyes, armor customization, a barber shop, and costumes/illusions that make them look like different races.
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #1518 on: October 20, 2013, 08:34:29 PM

One of the Fable games did this.  If you ate pies and meat you got fat.  The more you leveled, the older you got (grey hair and gaunt face).  It was pretty annoying -- you tune and tweak your look, then the game comes in behind you and changes it all.

I'm getting old all by myself, thanks.  I don't need my diversions to reinforce the aging I see in the mirror and my friends!

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1519 on: October 20, 2013, 08:35:21 PM

Swtor fucked up your face if you went really dark side.  You could turn it off though.

I am the .00000001428%
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1520 on: October 20, 2013, 10:22:32 PM

For all these games that pitch immersion, I'd like someone to put in a character system that changes over time, based on type of activity against percentage of /played or something. Am I a sloth-like crafter who spends most of his time buying/selling on the auction house? I'd probably not be a muscle bound Adonus, but instead some skinny merchant. Am I a warrior where I get all my buffs from fatty foods like cakes instead of fruits (thinking specifically GW2 type food for the moment)? I'm probably strong as an axe but with a bit of a belly.

I *think* Mabinogi does something like this. At least the vague bits I've heard about it indicate growing from age 10 to 25, and weight gain/loss being an issue.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1521 on: October 21, 2013, 02:29:16 AM

See also GTA San Andreas.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #1522 on: October 26, 2013, 05:34:32 AM

For all these games that pitch immersion, I'd like someone to put in a character system that changes over time, based on type of activity against percentage of /played or something.

why so serious?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #1523 on: October 26, 2013, 07:15:15 AM

I like how this thread has just turned into talking about the The Elder Scrolls online. As opposed to talking about ESO.

I'm back to playin' skirrim
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #1524 on: October 26, 2013, 02:13:17 PM

Reminds me that I bought all the DLC during the summer sale but have yet to play any of it.

I'm not downloading any of these fucking mods.
Spiff
Terracotta Army

Reply #1525 on: October 26, 2013, 10:58:23 PM

I'm not downloading any of these fucking mods.

Those aren't the mods I'd download either.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1526 on: November 19, 2013, 07:08:10 PM

It appears invites may or may not be going out for a beta event that may or may not be this weekend.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #1527 on: November 19, 2013, 08:05:24 PM

It appears invites may or may not be going out for a beta event that may or may not be this weekend.

Yep I may or may not have gotten the same email.

raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #1528 on: November 19, 2013, 08:48:59 PM

Yep I may or may not have gotten the same email.

I'll have to look in my Schrödinger's Inbox to see whether or not I may or may not have received an email. I'll also have to see if my  Schrödinger's computer will actually install or not install the theoretical beta client this time around.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1529 on: November 19, 2013, 09:04:46 PM

I may or may not be in a similar position that some or none of you may or may not be in.  Yep, ended that with a preposition.

ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1530 on: November 20, 2013, 01:39:57 AM

Yes. I got a beta invite, you got a beta invite, just about everyone got a beta invite. What's going on this thread?
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1531 on: November 20, 2013, 02:09:31 AM

I'm guessing a lot of people are about to wish all their skyrim mods worked with this.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1532 on: November 20, 2013, 08:38:31 AM

So seeing as how I also may or may not have gotten a beta invite, I'm now jumping into this thread to see if this thing isn't a steaming pile that does/doesn't deserve space on my hard drive.  What's the consensus?  I'm not one of those "skyrim people" mind you.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1533 on: November 20, 2013, 09:17:49 AM

Well, I didn't get an invite!   Heartbreak  I guess I don't sleep around enough.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #1534 on: November 20, 2013, 10:00:30 AM

Well, I didn't get an invite!   Heartbreak  I guess I don't sleep around enough.

You can't fool me.  Hello Kitty

Also, I got an email with some information in it as well. I guess this is a big push.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1535 on: November 20, 2013, 10:31:06 AM

Why are people keeping their invites "secret"? The invite doesn't have anything in it that says you can't mention it.
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1536 on: November 20, 2013, 10:31:50 AM

Oh damn, I just figured out that my beta invite was from back in September. I had missed that earlier weekend. Would have been nice to have been able to compare the state now to then.  swamp poop

Anyways, if your beta invite was anything like mine, you get the invite e-mail and THEN you sign an NDA, so I'm not sure what all the pussyfooting on this page is about. Is this a forum where you can get banned for NDA breaks or is it just frowned upon? Because you sure are playing up the *wink wink* *nudge nudge* aspect of an invite to play what will likely be a hilarious release.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 10:37:00 AM by ashrik »
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #1537 on: November 20, 2013, 10:34:39 AM

Is this a forum where you can get banned for NDA breaks or is it just frowned upon?

I think it depends on whether it is a (semi) serious developer or Brad McQuaid's/Richard Garriot's  latest pile of fail.  Serious stuff will be deleted, other things may be deleted,but may be kept depending on the amusement value.
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1538 on: November 20, 2013, 10:39:27 AM

Is this a forum where you can get banned for NDA breaks or is it just frowned upon?

I think it depends on whether it is a (semi) serious developer or Brad McQuaid's/Richard Garriot's  latest pile of fail.  Serious stuff will be deleted, other things may be deleted,but may be kept depending on the amusement value.
Where does Zenimax Online fall on this spectrum? Personally, I figure that unless you're trying to make this thread a place where a dev will feel comfortable posting (haha, look at any page), then it should be Fire-At-Will mode by default.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #1539 on: November 20, 2013, 10:43:30 AM

Where does Zenimax Online fall on this spectrum? Personally, I figure that unless you're trying to make this thread a place where a dev will feel comfortable posting (haha, look at any page), then it should be Fire-At-Will mode by default.

Were you around for the halcyon days when Mark Jacobs posted in our Warhammer forums defending WHO and was savaged so thoroughly and so completely he probably still flinches at the thought of F13?  Good times...
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online  
Jump to: