Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 09:20:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Fringe 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fringe  (Read 95538 times)
Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: October 23, 2008, 06:54:18 PM

I haven't removed it from my DVR even though I haven't watched the last three episodes.  It seems really bad.  Which leads me to believe Fox is going to bleed this series dry for another five years and it'll be gangbusters with nerds simply because it's in the sci-fi genre and they'll put up with anything (you know, like Heroes or Jericho).

Can't really compare with X-Files since I never liked or got into that show, but the acting seems a good bit worse and the show is really predictable.
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #71 on: October 23, 2008, 07:41:00 PM

I like that the woman's head explodedead and fried. I think as I get older..I get a bit_more_creepy.

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: October 24, 2008, 05:42:20 AM

Meh. I'm done with it. High hopes have been dashed. It's off my DVR.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #73 on: October 24, 2008, 12:57:53 PM

Saying "fringe science" in this way makes me think of the "super science" from The Venture Bros.  Except that the latter is a fabulous show.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: November 18, 2008, 06:33:22 PM

I know it's cheesy but I think I would have liked it if it were the theme song from x-files in that episode
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: November 19, 2008, 06:41:53 AM

ROFL ROFL ROFL Shaking fist

My best impression of green, green, green, red hypnotic pattern.  Apparently the gggr pattern has been seen in a few other episodes (observer binoculars, John Mosley's hat)

Still giving this show the benefit of the doubt. 
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #76 on: November 20, 2008, 07:34:05 AM

I'm still digging this show. I like that the chick used the GGGR sequence to escape.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #77 on: November 20, 2008, 09:39:05 AM

I'll give it another chance once I can watch all of the episodes consecutively.  Right now I'm having a tough time because missing out on things like previous occurrences of the gggr pattern really pisses me off, but in a way that makes me want to buy the DVD.  Damn you, JJ!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: November 20, 2008, 10:08:17 AM

To tell you the truth though, I really never noticed the reoccuring GGGR....until seeing it mentioned on the interwebs.  Nor do I pick out the random observer appearances.  You can fully enjoy the show otherwise.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: November 21, 2008, 01:46:32 PM

The last episode was  DRILLING AND MANLINESS, and moved "the patten" story forward.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #80 on: December 04, 2008, 06:02:43 PM

Does anyone else think this show just got fantastic with the last episode?

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #81 on: December 05, 2008, 04:30:23 AM

Complaints:

- For now, Walter Bishop is used as a "Deus Ex Machina" a little too much (even if it's justified in the context of the series.).

- Formula is a little repetitive, and brings us back to the "show the villain and its evil act first, and then the investigation leading to it after".

The tenth episode (but the fourth one, introducing The Observer, was good too) has broken the mold, so to speak, and I hope we get more of that, just like it happened in Alias.

The visual quality of the product is excellent, but I expected no less from the experienced Kurtzman/Orci/Abrams trio. It's very high quality, every detail is there for a reason.

John Noble is stellar, Anna Torv is slowly getting into her character, Joshua Jackson is quite good and I really hope they make more use of the actress who plays "Asterix" Farnsworth ;)

Lance Reddick (Broyles) is (evil) god.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #82 on: December 05, 2008, 10:50:01 AM

Oh yeah. I have liked the show since it started, but it absolutely hit perfect stride with this "mid-season" finale. It was perfect from start to finish, and paying off an earlier episode with such pure awesome tells me there's more good stuff in store.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: December 05, 2008, 11:05:28 AM

Yes, but then again, i have been enjoying it from the first one.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #84 on: December 14, 2008, 10:08:20 AM

I agree - the cliffhanger episode was OMFGBBQ!

I love this series and cannot wait for January!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: December 28, 2008, 07:08:42 AM

This is a great series with a likeable cast and interesting stories.  I too didn't catch the gggr stuff.  The last episode was quite good and revealed at a good pace.  When Anna Torv's FBI agent lets down her hair (or pretends to) she has got great charisma.

Turns out Walter Bishop was a busy man back in the day, inventing and hiding many many strange devices.  The writers need to set up another scientist rival maybe so Walter can investigate devices other than his own.
schild
Administrator

Reply #86 on: January 21, 2009, 05:02:28 PM

Wow, they picked a lukewarm and crappy episode to kickoff the second part of the first season.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #87 on: January 21, 2009, 05:35:32 PM

Sometimes I like this show and sometimes I hate it.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #88 on: January 21, 2009, 07:02:35 PM

There was an ad that made it look good recently.  This show didn't even make it off hulu onto my hd last time I tried it out (got to like ep4) should I come back?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #89 on: January 21, 2009, 07:23:40 PM

I think I like the show more as Dunham becomes more unhinged.

"Me am play gods"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #90 on: January 24, 2009, 09:19:23 PM

There was an ad that made it look good recently.  This show didn't even make it off hulu onto my hd last time I tried it out (got to like ep4) should I come back?

Yes, because it built to a great midseason finale. Then they started up again, and though it wasn't as good as the midseason finale, I still liked it.

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: January 26, 2009, 08:39:19 AM

Anyone else notice the observer standing on the sidelines at the Philly-Cards playoff game last week? Fox promo bullshit....maybe I am just upset my eagles lost.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #92 on: January 27, 2009, 11:10:15 AM

Fringe is doing some serious ass kicking, for goodness!

Loved the first episode after the break; can't wait 'til tomorrow night, when my personal donkey will return from the States with the new episode.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: January 27, 2009, 04:35:27 PM

Fringe is great, but if it's a fucking alien invasion I'll just quit watching it and go watch X-Files reruns.
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: January 28, 2009, 12:30:06 AM

Yes, because it built to a great midseason finale. Then they started up again, and though it wasn't as good as the midseason finale, I still liked it.

You're a fucking dickhead HaemishM. I hope you choke on your wrongness and its bile overfills your guts and makes you choke on its wrongness,
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #95 on: January 28, 2009, 01:59:48 AM

Head scratch
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #96 on: January 28, 2009, 07:36:23 AM

He's upset at the possibly that Fringe will cut&paste the conspiracy plot from X-Files.

"Me am play gods"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #97 on: January 28, 2009, 03:19:14 PM

Fringe couldn't do that plot any worse than X-Files did.  awesome, for real

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #98 on: January 28, 2009, 04:25:11 PM

Fringe couldn't do that plot any worse than X-Files did.  awesome, for real

They could steal from LOST too and have them jumping around in time to save themselves from the aliens...on an island.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: January 30, 2009, 07:19:14 AM

Hm, I don't remember writing that. Maybe I thought it was a spoiler more than a prediction. Hooray for drunk posting.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: February 01, 2009, 07:53:27 AM

I'm liking the show for what it is but I'm getting the feeling it's gotten a little 're-tooling'. Massive Dynamic hasn't been seen yet in the second half of the season (couldn't turn around without bumping into them in the first) and now we have the sister and niece in the picture. I'm trying to see the need for introducing those characters.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: February 02, 2009, 08:50:42 AM

I'm liking the show for what it is but I'm getting the feeling it's gotten a little 're-tooling'. Massive Dynamic hasn't been seen yet in the second half of the season (couldn't turn around without bumping into them in the first) and now we have the sister and niece in the picture. I'm trying to see the need for introducing those characters.

So the leading lady has something to loose?

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #102 on: February 02, 2009, 09:58:15 AM

The sister was acting extremely odd about why she was dropping in.  I imagine it will end up being the center of a story arch along with some sexual tension between her and the male lead.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
schild
Administrator

Reply #103 on: February 02, 2009, 10:25:07 AM

The sister was acting extremely odd about why she was dropping in.  I imagine it will end up being the center of a story arch along with some sexual tension between her and the male lead.
I just want to chime in and point out that JJ Abrams always fumbles romance and it's notably the beginning of the end of any of his series.
ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: February 02, 2009, 05:26:35 PM

Tomorrow: The Thing
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Fringe  
Jump to: