Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:01:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Sons of Anarchy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sons of Anarchy  (Read 62272 times)
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #210 on: November 12, 2014, 07:41:21 AM

The amount of soap opera mixed with a huge number of people killed once again (including a few for insignificant reasons) in the latest episode was just horrible  swamp poop

I don't know why I keep expecting something else and only the series ending in a few episodes will keep me watching this.

which means I'm part of the problem why this kind of crap keeps getting made
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #211 on: November 12, 2014, 10:06:40 AM

To be fair, I actually don't think it was all that bad up until the last few episodes. I mean, yes, we did have car/motorcycle chases for no good reason and there was a good bit of unnecessary padding in previous seasons, along with a lot of "this probably shouldn't work but JAX!" stuff, and the whole 3rd season in Ireland was just a wee bit of a stretch. But the drama was at least compelling. Now, though... it's just fucking ridiculous even by the standards of this show's history.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #212 on: November 12, 2014, 04:16:51 PM

I'm with Haemish; this season has had kind of a shitty start but the rest have been good for what they are.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #213 on: November 12, 2014, 06:32:57 PM

Well this ep certainly had a full season's quota of man-ass in it.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #214 on: November 12, 2014, 07:07:12 PM

Was it set to an awful cover song by Katie Segal?

-Rasix
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: November 12, 2014, 07:58:35 PM

Close. Montage, but not Segal. I wish I was kidding.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #216 on: November 12, 2014, 08:45:46 PM

Yeah, copious amounts of man-ass. This episode wasn't quite as bad as last week's but the ending was telegraphed a mile away. Like at least 4 or 5 episodes back. It also expected you to believe these biker boys are smarter than any of this entire season would have led you to believe.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: December 02, 2014, 11:37:03 PM

swamp poop swamp poop swamp poop swamp poop swamp poop swamp poop swamp poop swamp poop swamp poop swamp poop swamp poop swamp poop swamp poop

Such ponderous shit.

-H.L. Mencken
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: December 03, 2014, 06:14:52 AM

I thought last night's ep was decent; the best of the season, easily. My only complaint was the stupid musical montage.

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: December 03, 2014, 05:36:16 PM

What happened?

I haven't seen the last few seasons, and don't really feel the desire to.  I'd rather just live vicariously through you all via this thread  why so serious?
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: December 03, 2014, 05:43:09 PM

10 minutes of major characters being killed in moments that should have some impact but are totally lame and stupid.
45 minutes of inter-club/gang machinations that are stupid and make no sense.
5 minutes of awkward sex scenes with lots of man ass.
40 minutes of filler.
5 minutes of fairly well-acted stuff buried in all the dreck.

(yes episode was 1 hour 45 minutes like most this season)

-H.L. Mencken
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #221 on: December 04, 2014, 12:42:41 PM

Yeah, all the emotional impact of ANYTHING that happened was completely and utterly drained by the billion hours of useless filler that preceded it. The only thing that moved the emotional needle any little bit was

but only because he really didn't deserve it. Everything else? God, just fucking get on with it. There is no good reason any of the episodes this season have needed 90 minutes of running time.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: December 09, 2014, 10:15:06 PM

That was not very good. Long and drawn out (not to mention the commercials! Now I remember why I usually download my TV shows...) with too many fucking musical montages ruining good drama. The ending was a total cop out.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: December 10, 2014, 12:17:28 AM

Fuck you Kurt Sutter.

-H.L. Mencken
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: December 10, 2014, 09:43:55 AM

The ending was a definite disappointment and lacked any creativity.  The quote at the end was a special fuck you to the whole idea of a Shakespearean tragedy. Ohhhhh, I see.
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #225 on: December 10, 2014, 09:52:40 PM

If Sutter had any balls.

Jax drives off and deep into the woods.
He pulls up to a secluded cabin.
A door opens, a bearded man steps onto the porch.
"You made it" he says.
Jax and Dexter embrace as the screen goes black.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #226 on: December 11, 2014, 10:21:49 AM

Yeah, that was total, sophmoric, heavy-handed bullshit. He didn't even have the guts to give it a good fuck you ending. Jax makes everything ok with the club then goes out in some idiotic, badly CGI-ed blaze of glory on Michael Chiklis' grill? ... the fuck? I waited 7 seasons for that? And the bread and wine/Jesus martyr bullshit? The homeless chick that apparently was at every major death or something who gives him the blanket? Did anyone else notice her at all ever? I didn't even know she'd been in the show prior to that episode before I read a review.

This is the kind of ending you write in 7th grade and think "AWESOME!!!!" and then you never change the ending even though your entire adult life tells you it's utter wank.

Rasix

Reply #227 on: December 11, 2014, 10:29:29 AM

You guys are getting me totally psyched up to watch this.  awesome, for real  My brother-in-law loved it, which means it's terrible.

-Rasix
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #228 on: December 11, 2014, 02:45:39 PM

If Sutter had any balls.

Jax drives off and deep into the woods.
He pulls up to a secluded cabin.
A door opens, a bearded man steps onto the porch.
"You made it" he says.
Jax and Dexter embrace as the screen goes black.

That is the Shawshank ending.  Worked well in that movie.

I have never played WoW.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: December 22, 2014, 08:42:06 AM

For a show that started off with as much promise as this one did in the first season, it ended up being utter shit. I didn't think any season would be worse than the one when they went to Ireland. I was so wrong. This last season was just awful from start to finish.

If I were to recommend any part of this series to anyone, it would be "only watch season 1."
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: December 23, 2014, 08:51:40 PM

Season 2 is good, in fact I would say the best season of the show.

-H.L. Mencken
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #231 on: April 27, 2015, 05:52:18 PM

Catching up now that the final season is on Netflix.

Why watch when you know the end resolution is going to be shit and the journey is even shittier?  Show's cruising on momentum alone.  

I think the premier really set the tone for how big of a clusterfuck this season was going to be.  It's the Chinese because Gemma said so? The biggest liar on the show? SOUNDS GREAT.

Let's try to concoct some grand scheme where we fight everyone at once and hope that they don't catch on, because any single one of these factions can kill us in a second.  GRAND.

Let's just randomly kill everyone and hope it somehow doesn't bite us in the ass this time!  Thumbs up!

Basically this.   awesome, for real

I am officially just hate watching until the end.

And this.   why so serious?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Rasix

Reply #232 on: April 29, 2015, 12:10:04 AM

I didn't even watch the finale.  It sat on my DVR for months until my wife finally deleted it.

I read a recap.  Yah, I'm glad I didn't watch that.  Sutter is a fucking hack.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 12:11:43 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #233 on: April 29, 2015, 08:49:35 AM

The finale was fucking awful, pretentious, self-indulgent, nonsensical shit.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #234 on: April 29, 2015, 09:43:08 AM

Eat

(edit) I'm glad you all lowered my expectations; I didn't hate it nearly as much as I might have.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:42:01 PM by Samwise »

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Sons of Anarchy  
Jump to: