Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:48:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Sons of Anarchy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sons of Anarchy  (Read 62403 times)
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: September 10, 2013, 08:55:08 PM

That was pretty crazy.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #176 on: September 10, 2013, 10:48:23 PM

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: September 12, 2013, 06:46:53 AM

I think I'm done with this show. Too many shock for the sake of shock moments. Last season had its moments but I ended up being disappointed overall.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: December 12, 2013, 09:11:43 AM

Well the season 6 ending was a total wreck
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #179 on: January 23, 2014, 12:15:07 PM

I watched the entire run of this on Netflix (1-5) + downloading season 6.  Fuck this season ending.   I might be done, this show is just really dumb.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 12:20:41 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #180 on: January 24, 2014, 08:23:02 AM

You should know how the show ends, and you should have seen the ending of season 6 coming (though maybe not how). This is a modern-day retelling of Hamlet. Spoiler alert - lots of motherfuckers will die.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #181 on: January 24, 2014, 12:04:42 PM

This show is about how no matter how much Jax wants to change, the life he lives makes it basically impossible.  There is no happy ending possible other than everyone quitting the MC game.

I have never played WoW.
Rasix

Reply #182 on: September 13, 2014, 07:22:23 PM

Why does anyone believe anything Gemma says in this show?  

There sure was a lot of torture in this premier.  Felt like I was watching 24, but with a horrendous cover of Bohemian Rhapsody.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #183 on: October 02, 2014, 08:02:32 AM

I'm caught up through last week's episode and yeah, it's getting ridiculous how anyone listens to Gemma. And Juice is a total and utter moron. The fork bit in the first episode went just a little too far. I'm not sure how anyone can believe Jax these days either, including the club, since he's flat out lied to them before for his own ends and they see him flat out lying to everybody else.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: October 02, 2014, 10:06:19 AM

The amount of people that die around the mc is just so ridiculous.  swamp poop
Rasix

Reply #185 on: October 02, 2014, 10:11:43 AM

Yah, they even made a crack about it in the second episode.  "We're running out of room to bury people".  Happy: "I know lots of places."

-Rasix
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: October 02, 2014, 04:24:56 PM

Not QUITE to hate-watch level on this thing yet but inching closer.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Rasix

Reply #187 on: October 02, 2014, 04:25:52 PM

I'm already there.  This is my new True Blood.

-Rasix
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: October 02, 2014, 11:53:34 PM

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: October 22, 2014, 12:24:08 AM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.  I don't know that I can take 6 more bloated messes of episodes to see this travesty to the end.

-H.L. Mencken
Rasix

Reply #190 on: October 22, 2014, 10:25:40 AM

Wife: "Why the hell are they doing this again?"
Me: "I don't know. It'll be over soon."

The plot and character motivations are just a giant mess this season.

-Rasix
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: October 23, 2014, 03:55:43 PM

The only thing that could conciliate me somewhat after this mess of a season is if we actually see Gemma get killed by her own grandson, but I fear Sutter will find yet another farfetched crappy reason to keep his wifes character alive way past her due date.

And yes I agree, its about time this ends, the watertreading they are doing gets more visible from season to season.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: October 23, 2014, 04:52:07 PM

There's no way Gemma survives the show, but I expect most major characters to die in the last few episodes. However, the school shooting last season (or was it two ago?) shows that Sutter doesn't really have a problem showing kids go crazy and Thomas killing Gemma would be pretty epic.

Rasix

Reply #193 on: October 23, 2014, 04:57:11 PM

Do you mean Abel? Because Thomas is still a toddler.

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: October 23, 2014, 05:33:58 PM

The older one, yea.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #195 on: October 25, 2014, 10:43:48 PM

I have long ago decided that trying to template reality or sense onto this show is a mistake. Every single episode, there is a completely unnecessary car/motorcycle chase at almost the exact same time in each episode. It's Shakespearean/soap opera drama for the testosterone set.

And yes, I'm expecting Abel to try to shoot Gemma, but hate to tell you this... she's going to survive.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: October 26, 2014, 08:32:03 AM

Sutter stated early on that SoA was heavily inspired by Shakespeare, particularly Hamlet and Macbeth. I wouldn't be so sure of anyone surviving.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: October 26, 2014, 11:11:03 AM

Sutter is so uncreative that he will probably try to pull off a Vic Mackey ending with Gemma.

-H.L. Mencken
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: October 29, 2014, 10:06:08 AM

The latest episode was more of the same as before but it did get me thinking about how Jax basically has no redeeming qualities left and how he now is the antithesis of what he was at the start of series. With some better writing and more emphasis on drama and less on (lethal) violence the basis of the series could actually have been something really great.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #199 on: November 01, 2014, 09:30:21 AM

The latest episode was more of the same as before but it did get me thinking about how Jax basically has no redeeming qualities left and how he now is the antithesis of what he was at the start of series. With some better writing and more emphasis on drama and less on (lethal) violence the basis of the series could actually have been something really great.

Yes, that's exactly my thought as well. My expectations were much higher, until they went to Ireland. Sutter found a way to offtrack a great story, I guess because he wanted to go to Ireland, I don't know.

This could have been a really great series.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #200 on: November 01, 2014, 11:00:00 PM

The last episode was about the biggest time waste of an episode you could put together. Almost nothing happened until the end and even that was pretty much unnecessary and drawn out. It doesn't help that most of the episodes are now running 90 minutes with commercials (thank you fast forward DVR's!). I still like the show and think overall it was a good series, but it's time to end it. 7 seasons was probably 1-2 too many.

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: November 03, 2014, 08:31:48 AM

We have been watching this to the 5th season but I don't think I can take this any more it has become less a gangster show and more just a soap opera.

The remaining gangster elements have just gotten absurd: The whole cartel-govt thing, the thing over Pope's daughter, Clayton's reason for being alive, etc.

While the soap opera elements have gotten more pronounced (they were always absurd), half the airtime is now Gemma scheming some drama. Take out the bikes & guns and it's just straight up tele novella plots.

Just feels like there's no overarching plot and they're just writing it season by season, which is why you get whole seasons based on idiotic ideas or twists which then get tied up by season end (chasing a baby around for a whole season). Add to that as Haemish notes, time waste episodes have gotten more frequent.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #202 on: November 03, 2014, 08:45:26 AM

I think there is a kind of an overarching plot; Jax's journey from being the morally righteous "his father's son" into a ruthless sociopath "in his stepfather's image" and it all probably sounds good in theory. It's the actual writing and actual execution where it really falls flat on its face with stuff like  adding CIA into the show which was stupid but it probably sounded good on some level (a force that the club couldn't fight against which was as ruthless as any criminals forcing Jax to make further compromises).
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #203 on: November 03, 2014, 10:41:27 AM

The arc would have worked a lot better if it had been limited to 5 seasons or so. There was a lot of time wasting, but never so much as there has been this season. It's a shame really, because there's some good acting in this. This season in particular is so full of useless filler and we still have 5 more episodes to go. Ratings according to Wikipedia have almost been cut in half since the premiere.

Rasix

Reply #204 on: November 03, 2014, 10:51:59 AM

Why watch when you know the end resolution is going to be shit and the journey is even shittier?  Show's cruising on momentum alone.  

I think the premier really set the tone for how big of a clusterfuck this season was going to be.  It's the Chinese because Gemma said so? The biggest liar on the show? SOUNDS GREAT.

Let's try to concoct some grand scheme where we fight everyone at once and hope that they don't catch on, because any single one of these factions can kill us in a second.  GRAND.

Let's just randomly kill everyone and hope it somehow doesn't bite us in the ass this time!  Thumbs up!

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #205 on: November 03, 2014, 11:00:35 AM

Yeah, there's not been a lot of logic put into any of this. It's such a shame considering how disturbing the big death was last season. This season it's just seem to try to find reasons to be violent.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #206 on: November 03, 2014, 11:11:56 AM

This season really has been a fucking mess. Every episode they're pissing off some new faction with whom they were previously cool; I can't even remember why they're fucking with Marx and crew.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: November 03, 2014, 11:57:44 AM

I'm just watching it since it's almost over and I'm still secretly hoping for a good Shakespearean tragedy ending.  why so serious?
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #208 on: November 03, 2014, 12:39:58 PM

Given that Sutter's stated inspirations for the show are Hamlet and Macbeth I think that's pretty likely.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #209 on: November 11, 2014, 08:18:44 PM

Just watched last week's episode. This show just went full retard.  swamp poop

I am officially just hate watching until the end.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Sons of Anarchy  
Jump to: