Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:48:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Burn Notice 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Burn Notice  (Read 25688 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #35 on: February 02, 2009, 04:56:05 PM

Sadly this show is now losing out, Other family member goes watches Private Practice or ER(last season nostalgia), I watch Eleventh Hour(hoping we get more conspiracies or evil plots instead of random occurences needed to be explained)
I actually prefer the random stuff rather than the conspiracy setup in the Pilot which I thought was a horrible horrible episode (Why would you hire some random person to dispose of XXX for you? Just incinerate them to ashes yourself or, fuck, just throw them into a random dumpster. Morons.) For the conspiracy stuff I'd rather watch Fringe.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 02, 2009, 05:16:41 PM

Sadly this show is now losing out, Other family member goes watches Private Practice or ER(last season nostalgia), I watch Eleventh Hour(hoping we get more conspiracies or evil plots instead of random occurences needed to be explained) So its sad but Burn Notice just gets/got shuffled to you are 3rd/4th TV option at that time, and now that I've missed a few weeks and backlogged on story your pretty much done for and cancelled.

You can get them on Hulu (so it seems):

http://www.hulu.com/burn-notice

Also, that's what Tivo is for! I have a lot of programs that record at 1am or 3am airings so it doesn't conflict with prime time shows.

- Viin
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #37 on: February 02, 2009, 06:40:44 PM

I too like it.  2 episodes plus pilot so far.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Arnold
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 12, 2009, 11:26:10 PM

I just happened to see this show one night and loved it.  It's just good fun.  Now I make a point to watch it when I get the chance.  I've only seen 5 or seen episodes so far.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 13, 2009, 06:02:56 AM

I enjoyed last night's episode. It helped that they had the BSG lawyer as a bad guy.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Arnold
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 13, 2009, 05:26:24 PM

I enjoyed last night's episode. It helped that they had the BSG lawyer as a bad guy.

I saw from the info blurb that it was a bank hostage deal and I thought it was going to be lame.  10-15 minutes later I thought it was going to still be lame... Then he started with the whole doctor thing and being sneaky and I ended up loving it!
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: March 06, 2009, 11:03:34 AM

Season finale, drama.  Great ending -- him swimming alone.  This show has been a great find IMO.  Worth watching if no one knows.  Reminds me of MacGyver + Magnum + The Equalizer.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #42 on: March 06, 2009, 11:16:21 AM

Ya, the ending is good.  Not sure the rest of the show makes sense.   Really? We supposed to believe Fraiser's dad didn't know/sanction Six's brutal (terriorist) methods.   And the pacing of this show was a bit forced like mashing two shows in one.  Good show, but one of the weaker ones of this season.

"Me am play gods"
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: March 06, 2009, 04:25:53 PM

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: March 06, 2009, 04:52:41 PM

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: March 06, 2009, 05:11:29 PM

Shanks was definitely the Michael-could've-been.  That was the point -- giving the world a Michael in the future if he wasn't the Equalizer for Miami.  Yeah, "Daniel" FTW.

That finale was very rushed.  It's like there was a whole episode where they all bonded that should've come bfore.  They should've cut those car cashes by a lot and left in some dialogue.  Still, the whole series is now open a lot more.  No more evil-6 as source of evil -- the world for Michael & co. is now a lot more complicated.  Which should bring better TV.  More backstory for Bruce!
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: March 06, 2009, 05:38:09 PM

Yea, was sad to see him go. But it made sense in context and at least let Michael get away. They could have set up the whole episode differently, but anything besides this would have ended with more of the same: a light ever-present ambiguous "threat" that they punctuate every two episodes between Michael playing PI for soon-to-be-exiles. This series could easily devole into drama with no narrative, as so many others have. But instead they seem to be smarting up, make it more of an actual threat. Probably means more backstory as Soln mentioned, and also potentially a few more partners (which is fine as long as they don't get anywhere near the air time Sam and Fiona do).
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: March 09, 2009, 11:58:40 AM

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: June 12, 2009, 09:26:12 AM

is bacK!
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: June 12, 2009, 09:40:58 AM

Good stuff, interested to see what happens.

- Viin
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: January 22, 2010, 04:41:13 PM

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #51 on: March 01, 2010, 08:51:44 AM

And it's gone again!

This week is the finale episode. That was a quick "season" - what, 6, 7 episodes? Still I like the somewhat darker direction the show seems to have taken. The actor who played Gilroy was just a bit too swishy, IMO, but the season has still been good.

JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: March 01, 2010, 09:24:30 AM

And it's gone again!

This week is the finale episode. That was a quick "season" - what, 6, 7 episodes? Still I like the somewhat darker direction the show seems to have taken. The actor who played Gilroy was just a bit too swishy, IMO, but the season has still been good.

Not yet!  One last episode on Thursday for the season finale, then we're back into hiatus.  *sigh* 
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: March 01, 2010, 06:41:23 PM

Half seasons is the norm these days. But that means you only have to wait a couple of months before new episodes!

- Viin
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: March 01, 2010, 10:14:08 PM

I actually kind of like these short seasons. It feels like the show doesn't wander as much as shows that have to fill 23 episodes do. It keeps the momentum going strong.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #55 on: August 27, 2010, 10:01:46 AM

Finished up the summer season last night. Good way to end it - on a fuck you cliffhanger. I loved the addition of Jesse this season, even though it felt like they were setting him up just to kill him off. I hope they find a plausible way to keep him on the team because he works well with them. At least we only have to wait til November for the next season.

Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: August 27, 2010, 10:22:39 AM

I love this show the way I loved Magnum PI growing up.  Stupid fun.  Some real acting at moments.  Great stuff.
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: August 28, 2010, 02:31:03 PM

I love this show the way I loved Magnum PI growing up.
That's a great comparison, and I agree completely.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: August 28, 2010, 11:25:22 PM

My neighbor across the hall is a lighting tech on this show. Nice guy and currently one of the luckiest dudes I know. I think the show has actually been getting better as the episodes rack up. Always fun to watch when I catch it.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #59 on: October 13, 2010, 11:24:48 PM

Randomly recorded the series premiere on a local station while I was setting up my recordings for the week and liked it so much I got Season 1 on DVD and am watching it now. Good stuff.
Lianka
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: November 30, 2010, 03:26:23 PM

Just saw this on twitter:

TedOnTV Ted Linhart
by BurnNotice_USA
Breaking BURN NOTICE NEWS Jeffrey Donovan will be directing the Sam Axe - Bruce Campbell TV Movie which @MattNixTV will be writing & EP

I predict a lot of beer, loud shirts and a ton of awesomeness!   awesome, for real
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #61 on: November 30, 2010, 05:20:35 PM

To clarify, they are doing a Sam Axe "prequel" that depicts his last military mission and how he ended up retiring in Miami.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/jeffrey-donovan-to-direct-burn-notices-sam-axe-prequel/51447
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: December 02, 2010, 11:08:48 AM

awesome, for real

Edit:  nice to see Bruce and that character get their own vehicle.  I can totally see Bruce on a houseboat running a detective agency / modelling agency / hit squad as a future spin off.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:10:53 AM by Soln »
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: December 18, 2010, 05:01:17 PM

I'm so confused by the season finale.  That seemed rather... final, did the show actually just end?  I can't remember how long Bruce's contract with the show was supposed to last.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: December 18, 2010, 05:04:34 PM

Pretty sure there is a season five, will be interesting to see how they do a barrel roll over the shark.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: December 18, 2010, 08:18:43 PM

I'm so confused by the season finale.  That seemed rather... final, did the show actually just end?  I can't remember how long Bruce's contract with the show was supposed to last.

No. I watched a writer interview and apparently next season will be all about him finally getting some of his wish. I'm sure that the implication is clear.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #66 on: February 12, 2011, 01:10:58 PM

Finally watched this very short season. It was good, though there did seem to be something missing. Can't quite put my finger on it. I spent the whole season waiting for Jesse to get capped. The ending could have been final, but I think Weston is going to find out that the place he came back to isn't quite what he thought it was.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: February 25, 2011, 02:29:07 PM

Yeah, I'm guessing that next season he's going to discover that he's developed a taste for choosing his own independent "good guy" type of job that he's going to miss now that he's an official spy again - even if on the ostensibly "good guy" side of things.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: April 17, 2011, 05:47:01 PM

I almost missed it, the made for TV movie about Sam is on tonight on USA at 8pm CST.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: April 18, 2011, 03:56:57 PM

Shit, I missed it. Oh well.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Burn Notice  
Jump to: