Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:30:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Dexter 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dexter  (Read 61258 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

on: September 08, 2008, 09:41:59 PM

I watched the whole season one. It was awesome. I didn't have Showtime so I watched it on Netflix, and I just ordered Season 2.

Did yall like it? Does it stay good? Try to keep the spoilers to a minimum please on anything past S1.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 01:52:27 AM

Dexter's good stuff. I don't think S2 is quite as good as S1 but it's not far off. Seemed to lose it's way a bit but ended in good form. It seems to have more of a polarising effect depending on how you react to one character in particular.

Definitely worth watching.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 05:40:40 AM

Erik King made Season 2 great.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 09:11:31 AM

Season 3 Episode 1 is out. It was "Pre-released" much like Episodes 1 and 2 from Season 2.

So far, it's great. They're taking a slightly new direction with Dexter.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 09:33:45 AM

It stays great, but gets a little less believable. But since it's TV, who gives a shit. I have a major hard-on for Michael C. Hall, though, so I'm biased.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 09:36:30 AM

So far, it's great. They're taking a slightly new direction with Dexter.

Kind of expected with the way that Season 2 turned out.

I liked Season 2, but character motivations just seemed off at points.  The amount of Deus Ex Machina was also somewhat absurd.    Still, it was entertaining and managed to continue growing Dexter as a character.

-Rasix
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 06:26:35 AM

Dexter is a very cool character. Not often you can like a mass murderer, but they pull it off with some pretty good writing.

Semi spoiler, skip to 'Overall' if you haven't seen season 2.

I started getting sick of Rita (though she is a fine little thing) and was glad the British Skank showed up for a bit. It didn't quite seem to fit with how Dexter described himself as a non-sexual being though.

Overall, one of the best shows to come out in a long time.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 06:30:18 AM by Slayerik »

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 06:57:10 AM

If you do not understand why Dexter would fuck the Brit, your penis must be broken.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 07:00:02 AM by Oban »

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 07:25:32 AM

If you do not understand why Dexter would fuck the Brit, your penis must be broken.

Did I say anything about not understanding it? Yeah, she's hot as fuck. Just didn't fit with the way he explained himself throughout the series.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 07:27:03 AM

He has some mental issues, he is not in a coma.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 07:30:22 AM

He thought of fucking Rita as like a chore.

I can think of a lot of things I could describe fucking Rita as, a chore wouldn't be anywhere near that list. ;)

Rasix

Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 07:37:32 AM

Dexter comes on to Rita in the very first episode of the show after seeing the first Ice Truck killer victim.  In heightened emotional states, he seems to have normal urges just like anyone else.  The shown sexual interactions with Lila seem support this.

He just doesn't understand the whole Miami date scene and people looking for casual sexual relationships or just relationships period.   His connections to Rita and Lila don't come from a desire to date or have sex, they come from a desire to be seen as normal.

-Rasix
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 09:12:24 AM

True, but he saw his relationship with Rita as ideal because she's too broken to fuck. He could seem "normal" without the obligations of actually participating in the sticky parts. He cares about Rita (and her kids), but almost deifies her.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 12:46:40 PM

Thanks lily, I was having troubles remembering all the details.

I'd say there is some accuracy to what Rasix is saying as well. But his sex problems are a lot bigger than 'not understanding the miami fuck scene'. When he came on to her in that first episode, IIRC, he knew it wasn't going to go all the way.

Either way, he's a damn interesting character.

tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 04:04:03 AM

I don't think Dexter's asexual, he's just afraid (?) that 'the monster' will show through in intimate environments because he doesn't know how to fake it. With Rita this matters, because she's basically a normal, moral person whereas Lila is amoral.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 06:42:07 AM

Dexter is hands down my favorite show airing on any channel. Now that I know the first episode of Season 3 is out On Demand I'll watch it. When does the series start up again "for real"?

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 11:54:45 AM

Finished season 2 last night.  Thoughts tainted with massive spoilers ahead.

photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 21, 2008, 03:27:39 PM

Dexter is hands down my favorite show airing on any channel. Now that I know the first episode of Season 3 is out On Demand I'll watch it. When does the series start up again "for real"?

Same here, the best show out now. Season 3 is starting 29th September if I remember correctly. Pre-Air of S03E01 was great, I like the new direction its taking.

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away"
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 28, 2008, 07:18:42 PM

Season premier was MEH. What the fuck happened to his shaggin' wagon (minivan)?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 06:52:03 AM

He gave it away in the second to last epsiode of the second series.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 06:32:39 PM

Ah, I must have missed it :(

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #21 on: September 30, 2008, 05:23:54 AM

I liked the first episode, especially towards the end.  Jimmy Smits with that mustache looks like my Uncle Monfredo when he was young and trying to look dashing for the ladies.  I also like that Dexter is less naive (if you can put that label on a serial killer) and beginning to become darker.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Rasix

Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 10:41:28 AM

He gave it away in the second to last epsiode of the second series.

Eh, he gave it away to Rita.  You see him getting out of it at work. 

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #23 on: October 03, 2008, 10:24:06 AM

I finished season two as well. It was good, but the resolution was ridiculous. The character development was very good, though. I could have done without the whole Paris thing though. That seemed completely tossed together at the end so that the viewer wouldn't be wondering about it.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 12, 2008, 07:47:31 PM

Season three is turning this show into a whole bunch of cheese  Heartbreak
Rasix

Reply #25 on: October 13, 2008, 12:39:28 AM

Season 3 is really bad so far. I'm beginning to think last season would have been more interesting with him caught and cuffed. He's going to track down another serial killer.  Whoopee friggin' doo.

-Rasix
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #26 on: October 13, 2008, 07:10:15 AM

Yeah but it'll be a twist which most likely means it was one of the remaining Prado boys.

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: October 13, 2008, 02:51:32 PM

Missed last nights episode, wasn't in a tving mood.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: October 21, 2008, 12:53:45 PM

Anyone else sick of Miguel?

A lot of family issues happening too...If I wanted family issues, I'd walk upstairs and punch my wife in tits.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #29 on: October 21, 2008, 01:35:51 PM

JIMMY SMITS IS FREAKING ME OUT MAN.

Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #30 on: October 21, 2008, 01:51:35 PM

Just wait until Smits finds out Dexter's a serial killer, then the series will spice up!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Rasix

Reply #31 on: October 21, 2008, 03:04:18 PM

This season is still all kinds of terrible.  Next episode seems to be the standard "OHH HEY, WHERE'S DEXTER" bit, while Dexter's out killing someone.  Hell.

If it weren't for the awesome Californication, I would have dropped Showtime by now.

-Rasix
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: October 24, 2008, 01:51:48 AM

wHaT Is hApPenINg wiTh THis sERiEs? swamp poop

Smits is awesome though. Just the right kind of borderline crazy.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #33 on: October 24, 2008, 05:46:36 AM

I like Smits, too.  The show is making me wonder just how twisted he really is.  Something bizarro is going to happen with him.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #34 on: October 24, 2008, 11:32:27 AM

What if Smits is the dude peeling flesh. DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Dexter  
Jump to: