Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:16:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Does this game get better as you level? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does this game get better as you level?  (Read 115837 times)
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: September 16, 2008, 07:50:37 AM

LOL.

I'm just appling MJ's own rules about NDAs here.  Myabe he shouldn't have posted items that he now regrets stating.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: September 16, 2008, 07:54:56 AM

LOL.

I'm just appling MJ's own rules about NDAs here.  Myabe he shouldn't have posted items that he now regrets stating.

I get it, but at this point, is it worth engaging in this debate?  I would wager that the endgame experience is a good deal similar to the beggining experience.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say if you like the PvP style/experience in Tiers 1 and 2, you will most likely like it in Tiers 3/4 and the same if you dislike it.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: September 16, 2008, 10:16:28 AM

The Elder NDA is in place so that people can't post spoilers and guides on high level content.

most often known as Drevik
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: September 16, 2008, 10:36:48 AM

The Elder NDA is in place so that people can't post spoilers and guides on high level content.

Doesn't matter how many times you tell people this, they still won't believe it.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #249 on: September 16, 2008, 11:22:16 AM

Me? Shit, I'm broke as fuck. The last new game I bought for myself was FIFA 08 for the Wii. And that was a disaster of shitty shit shit shit. I either buy used or wait until that shit goes down in price.

Ok, change that to last 5 games that you bought that were released within the last few years.

Let me think on that:

FIFA 08 (Wii - and then the PS2 version because the Wii version sucked so bad - is that 1 or 2?)
Madden 08 Wii
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 2142
Medieval: Total War 2

What do I win?

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #250 on: September 16, 2008, 12:04:03 PM

Refunds?

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: September 16, 2008, 05:59:08 PM

What high level content?
croaker69
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: September 16, 2008, 06:33:07 PM

What high level content?

You know, the stuff Mythic is desperately trying to create right now.

What may at first appear to be an insurmountable obstacle will in time be seen for what it really is: an impenetrable barrier.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: September 17, 2008, 02:47:15 AM

I take back what I said about scenario pvp.  Nordenwatch is MUCH, MUCH better than Ekrund.  I think the problem in Ekrund was that dwarfs/greenskins have no MDPS and that damn ledge faceoff- combined, it made for the no-dying healer/tank showdown I explained earlier.  Nordenwatch is much more fun, people try to mess up healers, and its possible to kill people (having a nice lvl 1 Morale- point-blank- doesn't hurt either). 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: September 17, 2008, 05:59:34 AM

I can only assume one of two things about the people that keep whining about the Elder NDA:

1.  You're Mentally Handicapped
2.  You're trying to bait any Elders lurking here into breaking the NDA

slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: September 17, 2008, 06:06:01 AM

I can only assume one of two things about the people that keep whining about the Elder NDA:

Gimmick account or Fanboi refugee?

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: September 17, 2008, 06:36:09 AM

Neither, I've actually played with you slog quite extensively in Shadowbane with Masquers.  I suppose that doesn't rule out that I could be a fanboi, but whatever.  I'm sure you and others will assume I'm a fanboi no matter what I say, just like you'll continue to assume the Elder NDA is hiding something other than a content rich end game.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 06:40:31 AM by EWSpider »

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: September 17, 2008, 06:41:36 AM

And why would they need to hide that?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: September 17, 2008, 06:43:24 AM

I already stated the reason.

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: September 17, 2008, 06:46:18 AM

Excuse me.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: September 17, 2008, 07:00:26 AM

Excuse me.

Your question doesn't make sense given the context of my original statement.  Are you asking why they don't want spoilers and encounter guides posted on the Internet before the game even releases?

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: September 17, 2008, 07:05:26 AM

I'm just kidding. That statement was meant to agree with Croaker's post above, sorry if no one got it.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: September 17, 2008, 07:07:39 AM

I'm just kidding. That statement was meant to agree with Croaker's post above, sorry if no one got it.

I'm not unsettled, in fact your use of green text soothed me in a minty sort of way.

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: September 17, 2008, 07:08:27 AM

I really prefer the lime green over the plain green.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: September 17, 2008, 08:12:45 AM

If someone describes something as Cucumber Green, are you to take that as the color of the inside or outside of the cucumber?
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #265 on: September 17, 2008, 08:34:30 AM

Neither, I've actually played with you slog quite extensively in Shadowbane with Masquers.  I suppose that doesn't rule out that I could be a fanboi, but whatever.  I'm sure you and others will assume I'm a fanboi no matter what I say, just like you'll continue to assume the Elder NDA is hiding something other than a content rich end game.

Masquers! fun times!!

Mostly we are talking about NDA because Mark Jacobs made a post WAY BACK WHEN about how having an NDA this late means that players should be suspicious about the game.  Now he has to eat his own words. 

If Shadowbane taught me anything, it's "NEVER BUY A GAME AT RELEASE"  You would think AOC reinforced that decision.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #266 on: September 17, 2008, 08:40:15 AM

I'm sure if he read this thread he'd want to update his original statement to say something like "general" NDA or some other such nomenclature. tongue

cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #267 on: September 17, 2008, 08:43:42 AM

I'm sure if he read this thread he'd want to update his original statement to say something like "general" NDA or some other such nomenclature. tongue

If only he knew he wouldn't be able to lift the NDA before launch he would have not ever made that statement..

Yeah, uhh.. that's kinda obvious.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: September 17, 2008, 08:50:39 AM

He made a post somewhere that he was content with when the NDA was lifted and how it fit into his original statement.

tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #269 on: September 17, 2008, 08:51:04 AM

Especially since DAoC has always had a NDA in one form or another.

"Me am play gods"
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #270 on: September 17, 2008, 08:54:03 AM

He made a post somewhere that he was content with when the NDA was lifted and how it fit into his original statement.

CEO of company makes a statement that spins positively for his product, news at 11?

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #271 on: September 17, 2008, 08:56:28 AM

CEO of company makes a statement that spins positively for his product, news at 11?

Fair enough.

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #272 on: September 17, 2008, 09:25:16 AM

If someone describes something as Cucumber Green, are you to take that as the color of the inside or outside of the cucumber?

I think the inside.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #273 on: September 17, 2008, 11:03:46 AM

Excuse me.

Your question doesn't make sense given the context of my original statement.  Are you asking why they don't want spoilers and encounter guides posted on the Internet before the game even releases?

Actually yeah I would question that, if I didn't know the answer. It is the same reason that everything in TOA was a secret, to the point where CSRs weren't even allowed to tell you which things were bugs and which weren't at first - in the sunshine-and-rainbows-filled imagination of Mark Jacobs, people will have great fun figuring out encounters and finding things out for themselves. Smell the roses!

...except it is clearly demonstrable that most people who focus on PVP, which is probably the prime customer segment for an RVR game, don't want to spend any more time in PVE than the game forces them too. I like exploring and such things myself, but I'm under no illusions that most people share that desire, and it isn't like having that information out there makes it impossible for me to do so. I can just *not read* those sites.

I will never really understand why Mythic is so paranoid about all this sort of thing. But I guess we can look at all the damage being open about everything has done to Blizzard - hmmm....

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #274 on: September 17, 2008, 11:06:07 AM

...It is the same reason that everything in TOA was a secret...

Now that's a frightening statement.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #275 on: September 17, 2008, 11:23:13 AM

There's no *cough* "glory" in completing a PvE encounter after all the guides have been posted on teh interweb.  Even if you claim not to have read them no one will believe you.  I could care less about such things as I'm one of the rvr people that will be waiting for those very guides before I attempt any of the encounters.  However, when I say spoilers I don't just mean guides.  There's more than one "whoa that was fucking cool" moments to be had, and if people were already posting screenshots and movies those moments would lose some of their cool factor.  I understand a very small minority will get to experience and do these things first hand before the spoilers go up, but at least those people that enjoy being the first to do such things and figure things out on their own will have that opportunity instead of having it ruined before the game even releases.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #276 on: September 17, 2008, 11:26:04 AM

There's no *cough* "glory" in completing a PvE encounter after all the guides have been posted on teh interweb.  Even if you claim not to have read them no one will believe you.  I could care less about such things as I'm one of the rvr people that will be waiting for those very guides before I attempt any of the encounters.  However, when I say spoilers I don't just mean guides.  There's more than one "whoa that was fucking cool" moments to be had, and if people were already posting screenshots and movies those moments would lose some of their cool factor.  I understand a very small minority will get to experience and do these things first hand before the spoilers go up, but at least those people that enjoy being the first to do such things and figure things out on their own will have that opportunity instead of having it ruined before the game even releases.

My guild wasn't the first to kill illidan or even the 100th so I read spoilers and even watched movies but when we finally did kill him....it felt pretty awesome to me.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #277 on: September 17, 2008, 11:29:08 AM

personal satisfaction != glory

But you have a point, there's still some accomplishment in defeating a difficult encounter even with spoilers as they still typically require a ridiculous amount of coordination.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #278 on: September 17, 2008, 11:41:48 AM

I'm not just gushing on wow either, that's been my experience in many online games. Oh sure it can feel good to be the most advanced guild on your server but the satisfaction of doing something for that first time if it's truly difficult isn't diminished by spoilers.

To compre online games to real life ( awesome, for real ) it's one thing to read about a place, it's another to actually go there.

edit: so yeah, I'm calling bullshit on this preserving the endgame stuff, I seriously doubt that whatever is there is finished/polished the way mythic wants it to be.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
tkinnun0
Terracotta Army

Reply #279 on: September 17, 2008, 01:03:05 PM

personal satisfaction != glory

But you have a point, there's still some accomplishment in defeating a difficult encounter even with spoilers as they still typically require a ridiculous amount of coordination.

You put the penis in the vagina and then you move it around.. Oh wait, did I just spoil sex for you?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Does this game get better as you level?  
Jump to: