Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:01:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Blade & Soul In-Engine Footage (PS3/PC NCSoft MMOG) CLICK HERE. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blade & Soul In-Engine Footage (PS3/PC NCSoft MMOG) CLICK HERE.  (Read 179343 times)
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #70 on: August 05, 2008, 08:20:41 AM

Jesus Christ on an unlubricated stick, that looks like a hi-fidelity WoW, if you take out the player characters. Especially that red orc.
Yeah it has like, trees and hills and a road and some grand canyon rendition. And a desert. Total WoW rip-off.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #71 on: August 05, 2008, 08:23:45 AM

http://videos.curse.com/details/1970/

Lowbie Aion gameplay from korean Closed Beta 3. Don't think it's NDA breaking, it was all over an Aion fan site.

I'm sad that click to move is even an option. Seriously. That means that in order to move the fastest, I'll have to rely on it.

Pardon me while I go QQ in a corner.

ALSO MEANS NO JUMPING

although Flyff had jumping and was CTM!

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Drugstore Space Cowboy
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: August 05, 2008, 08:44:07 AM

You're allowed to say thing like that because you play Eve. Just another Excel clone IMO.

Edit: For future reference though, just so you fit in, WoW was just another in the line of dikus. If anything, call it an EQ-Clone. But calling it a WoW clone would lead you to calling other things WoW clones. And we don't need to see that goddamn penny arcade comic again, even if it is their funniest one.

It was a joke, Schild. It looks next to nothing like WoW in the video.
schild
Administrator

Reply #73 on: August 05, 2008, 09:02:17 AM

The Sarchasm is kind to noone.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: August 05, 2008, 09:44:13 AM

Jesus Christ on an unlubricated stick, that looks like a hi-fidelity WoW, if you take out the player characters. Especially that red orc.
Yeah it has like, trees and hills and a road and some grand canyon rendition. And a desert. Total WoW rip-off.
No, it very much looks like WoW. Every high fantasy game looks similar, but I find this to be extremely close. The use of foliage, atmospherics and lighting seems very similar. Most of all perhaps the used colour range. The top one looks like Feralas in detail.

It's a compliment, though.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: August 05, 2008, 10:38:29 AM

The first one looks like Feralas, not just the coloring, but also the "brick road under thick tree branch with things dangling from it" theme.

Third one is definitely colored much the same as Orgrimmar / Durotar, and has the same theme of wooden spikes pointing upward and dried up vegetation.  Second one looks similar, but has the more muted tones of that Horde outpost in Steamwhatever Mountains.

Number 4 is reminiscent of Crossroads / Ratchet / the lift to Thousand Needles.

And 5, I'd say Feralas again, on the island where the NE's have established that outpost of theirs.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #76 on: August 05, 2008, 11:26:05 AM

Not to mention the guys with totem poles for weapons...

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #77 on: February 20, 2009, 06:40:26 AM

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: February 25, 2009, 08:15:24 AM

Why would they release Aion in the states in Q4 '09 and then B&S right after?
For that matter, why does it take a year for the U.S. release of Aion?

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: February 26, 2009, 07:18:08 AM

Looking at Aion release schedule right above, the "launch" most likely refers just to Korean market. The delay with Aion release in US/Europe is due to time they intend to spend on localization and such, if i remember right. There's supposedly lot of writing that need to be converted, and they don't want another Lineage 2.

edit: besides, that field 'right after' Q4 of 2009 includes whole 2010; it might as well launch in Q4 of it Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 07:21:08 AM by tmp »
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: April 02, 2009, 03:26:12 PM

I've seen all this footage before so I am not sure why this is a 'debut' trailer but, it's all cleaned up and pretty.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47564.html

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
schild
Administrator

Reply #81 on: April 02, 2009, 04:07:21 PM

Goddamn Hyung Tae Kim is a fucking monster (despite the 30% larger than necessary boobs). Best anime-esque art in gaming, imo (yes, up there with the Valkyria Chronicles team and Kazuma Kaneko).
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #82 on: April 03, 2009, 01:50:59 AM

Don't really like the oddly proportioned female models, though. Granado Espada had similar "busty" female models but the GE ones look a lot better.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #83 on: April 03, 2009, 03:55:15 AM

Looking at Aion release schedule right above, the "launch" most likely refers just to Korean market. The delay with Aion release in US/Europe is due to time they intend to spend on localization and such, if i remember right. There's supposedly lot of writing that need to be converted, and they don't want another Lineage 2.

That's not it. They just want to release Aion with more content. Most likely the first free expansion will be included in the US release.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: April 03, 2009, 10:55:20 AM

Don't really like the oddly proportioned female models, though. Granado Espada had similar "busty" female models but the GE ones look a lot better.
They were much less busty and wearing period looking push-up bustiers, so it was at least reasonable, if not comfortable, looking.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: April 03, 2009, 12:43:36 PM

Yeah, their boobs are way too big and torpedo-y for their frames. This looks to be one of those kmmos with nice character models but with only threes armor sets. Hopefully there's a breast slider.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: April 03, 2009, 04:44:51 PM

Hopefully there's a breast slider.
If there actually is one it'll likely just go from "extra large" to "extra gravitational field"...
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: April 03, 2009, 06:40:06 PM

Hopefully there's a breast slider.
If there actually is one it'll likely just go from "extra large" to "extra gravitational field"...

They should write a shader for a gravitational lens effect.
Zira
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: April 05, 2009, 07:01:08 PM

Yeah, their boobs are way too big and torpedo-y for their frames. This looks to be one of those kmmos with nice character models but with only threes armor sets. Hopefully there's a breast slider.

cmon, it is a KMMO... it will have lots of sliders, just none of them will do anything.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #89 on: November 30, 2009, 02:29:21 PM

NECRO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0_sFZDxLRk

There's a new video! It has classes and stuff. 11 minutes long.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: November 30, 2009, 04:18:14 PM

NECRO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0_sFZDxLRk

There's a new video! It has classes and stuff. 11 minutes long.

I have a sneaking suspicion this game is going to be more fun to watch than to play.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #91 on: December 01, 2009, 04:09:23 AM

It certainly isn't lacking for legs or tits. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Or high heels. High heels, while fighting martially. Logical. why so serious?

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: December 01, 2009, 04:51:53 AM

If their expecting me to play the game as long as I know they are, there better be big bouncing tits. That way I will uninstall the next day instead of the same day. If your going to bring action gaming to mmorpg's, might want to remove the grind first from mmorpg's. I see this ending in tears.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: December 01, 2009, 05:43:55 AM

I don't see how the large breasted girls make you guys all  this guy looks legit; the furry lolis on the other hand...

Awesome graphics aside, I'm afraid this will be yet another grindy KMMO. Pass, until I hear otherwise.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #94 on: December 01, 2009, 05:45:52 AM

Beautiful.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: December 01, 2009, 06:00:55 AM

Without Nonentity's necro, I would've never learned about this game. Watching the first video I was all DRILLING AND MANLINESS at the big breasted chicks but then the new video broke out the player race of 8 year old girls. Gah.  this guy looks legit

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: December 01, 2009, 06:05:16 AM

"Huge asses online"

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: December 01, 2009, 06:07:58 AM

Lolz the pedo factor in an mmo hasn't been this high ever.
"Huge asses online"

Those asses weren't huge. By my standards they were just above "flat as board" but still below average.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: December 01, 2009, 07:41:01 AM

No one bringing up the panty shots?
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #99 on: December 01, 2009, 07:42:55 AM

I thought they'd been covered (Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?) already.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: December 01, 2009, 07:44:51 AM

"Huge asses online"

Those asses weren't huge. By my standards they were just above "flat as board" but still below average.

They are not real, and drastically out of proportion. Have you also "Never felt the touch of a woman"?

Heh.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: December 01, 2009, 08:07:21 AM

Here make an avatar.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: December 01, 2009, 10:27:33 AM

"Huge asses online"

They are not real, and drastically out of proportion. Have you also "Never felt the touch of a woman"?

Heh.

I find the female models uninspiring, reminds me of that power girl in "superman and batman: public enemies" who made me cringe. Draegon really armored bra?
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: December 01, 2009, 10:36:17 AM

Draegon really armored bra?

Sense. 
This sentence makes none.
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: December 01, 2009, 12:10:26 PM

Here make an avatar.
That face has no emotion whatsoever.  No joy or anger.

The breasts are full of joy however.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Blade & Soul In-Engine Footage (PS3/PC NCSoft MMOG) CLICK HERE.  
Jump to: