Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:36:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Beowulf - Shanghai UBI Computer Software Co., Ltd., Ubisoft Tiwak - 360 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beowulf - Shanghai UBI Computer Software Co., Ltd., Ubisoft Tiwak - 360  (Read 4214 times)
Azazel
Contributor

on: July 18, 2008, 11:10:59 PM

So I picked this game up as it was extraordinarily cheap. This was no coincidence, and was in fact a portent of the quality of the game.

I enjoy a simple beat-em-up. I like the God of War series. I thoroughly enjoyed most of Conan on the 360 until it got stupidly hard.  I enjoy a spot of Dynasty/Samurai/Whatever Warriors. I even found Ninety-Nine Nights playable for a week or two.

So in that sense, I was prepared to give Beowulf a go. I mean, I spent more on dinner last night than on this game. So it’s not like it was a full-priced bad choice.

So anyway.

It looks decent in spots, though at the same time it also looks so very unpolished. There are some nice water effects. Actually, there are some really poor water effects as well. The controls are poor in pretty much every way. They just feel unresponsive. Moving, running, climbing, fighting. All poor.

Speaking of fighting, combat is awful. A mix of unresponsive combat and God of War-styled giant-monster-boss-fights. Except, again, awful. I'd hoped this aspect would at least be a bit of a redeeming mindless fun. That's all I'd dared to hope for out of the whole purchase, but you know, FAIL.

So anyway. This game is shit. Avoid it like the plague. I'd write more, but this game doesn't deserve any more words.
I’m glad EB Games has a fair return policy. This goes back.

-----------------

Avoid.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 11:12:47 PM by Azazel »

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 11:31:10 PM

I'm sure this review comes as a great surprise to readers.  awesome, for real

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 03:34:52 AM

It was one of those games where you expect very little, but don't even get that.

swamp poop

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 04:44:57 AM

well add Transformers to that list.
Iron man was pretty pathetic too, but at least there's some semblance of gameplay variety. Incredibly Bad Hulk was a trainwreck over at Gamespot review.

How can these guys fail so bad, I don't understand.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Beowulf - Shanghai UBI Computer Software Co., Ltd., Ubisoft Tiwak - 360  
Jump to: