Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:13:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: MMA 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MMA  (Read 265566 times)
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #560 on: November 01, 2011, 11:12:56 PM

Now that I'm overseas, I'm wondering how I'm going to be able to see this fight, if I can at all.

Here's hoping these guys put on a good show. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #561 on: November 02, 2011, 10:07:00 AM

I think everything but the main event will be shown on Facebook.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #562 on: November 18, 2011, 04:09:55 PM

UFC 139 this Saturday!

Main card

Light Heavyweight bout: Stephan Bonnar vs. Kyle Kingsbury
Welterweight bout:  Martin Kampmann vs.  Rick Story
Bantamweight bout: Urijah Faber vs. Brian Bowles
Middleweight bout: Wanderlei Silva vs. Cung Le
Light Heavyweight bout: Maurício Rua vs. Dan Henderson

Umm.... Yeah.  That's a REALLY solid main card. 
- Bonnar is always in interesting fights.

- Story had a mountain of hype and a great streak until getting outwrestled by Brenneman a few events ago.  Both Kampmann and Story are top 10 or fringe top 10 WWs.

- Faber is Faber, and he's fighting a former WEC Bantamweight champ in Bowles.  Faber is generally in good, high activity fights and Bowles is a good wrestler with some surprising power in his hands.

- Wanderlei versus Cung Le?  Yes please.  Both have fun and aggressive styles.  Cung Le throws a million san shou kicks, and Wanderlei is about hyper-aggressive muay thai.

- Shogun versus Hendo?  Yes please.  Hendo is having a Randy Couture-esque renaissance in his 40s after the finishes of Bisping, Babalu, Fejaio, and Fedor.  Dana floated that a win over Shogun would propel him to a title shot with Anderson Slva at MW, but Hendo has his eye on LHW.  For Shogun, this could be BRUTAL if he tries to exorcise the ghosts of his loss to Jon Jones on Hendo's face.

For Cyrrex:

The bulk of the fights are live on Facebook, and there are actually some really good fights there.  I'm not sure if it's US localized or not, but you may have the option to at least catch some of the action.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #563 on: November 20, 2011, 07:25:48 AM

Saw 139...and it was indeed an awesome card!

Faber absolutely mauled Bowles.  Massacre.

I wanted to see Cung Le win, because he is fun to watch and I want to see more good matchups for him in the future...but dang, Wanderlei really took it to him in the second.  The stoppage may have been a little quick, but I think it was inevitable at that point.  Those Muy Thai knees...just brutal.  Looked like Wanderlei from his Pride days.

And the main event?  Shit.  Certainly a fight of the year candidate.  Wow.  Dan Motherfucking Henderson.  Gotta love that guy.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #564 on: November 20, 2011, 07:54:36 AM

Saw 139...and it was indeed an awesome card!

Faber absolutely mauled Bowles.  Massacre.

I wanted to see Cung Le win, because he is fun to watch and I want to see more good matchups for him in the future...but dang, Wanderlei really took it to him in the second.  The stoppage may have been a little quick, but I think it was inevitable at that point.  Those Muy Thai knees...just brutal.  Looked like Wanderlei from his Pride days.

And the main event?  Shit.  Certainly a fight of the year candidate.  Wow.  Dan Motherfucking Henderson.  Gotta love that guy.

The crowd wasn't very good early in the night.  The Bonnar fight and the Kampman fight were both decent fights, but the crowd was booing whenever it hit the ground despite those guys being active.  The crowd might have just been spoiled, though, as it looks like alot of prelims ended in finishs.  Four or five made the Spike free broadcast!

The last three matches were all great.  Faber had a great rebound fight and a great finish.  Wand/Le was a good back and forth battle.  Hendo and Shogun was an amazing fight.... some of the MMA boards are declaring it one of the greatest fights ever.

Fedor also fought Monson this morning/last night in Russia.  Fedor by unexciting UD, and already some of the crazies are describing Fedor as "back".

Edit:

I cordially dislike Sherdog, but this thread is pretty great:  11 M.Bisping's would've been killed in that fight

It establishes the "Bisping" as the unit of measurement for KO power in MMA...  Shogun's chin being rated at 11 Bispings.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 08:46:37 AM by Johny Cee »
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #565 on: November 20, 2011, 10:45:46 PM

haha, Bispings  awesome, for real

I thought the same about the crowd, especially in the Bonnar fight.  He even apologized to them, and I didn't think he needed to at all...I enjoyed his fight.

carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #566 on: November 20, 2011, 10:55:34 PM

haha, Bispings  awesome, for real

I thought the same about the crowd, especially in the Bonnar fight.  He even apologized to them, and I didn't think he needed to at all...I enjoyed his fight.
It was a good fight, and not only did I enjoy it, I really appreciated a chance to see Bonnar's highly touted but rarely displayed ground game.  But when both fighters say something like "I just want to get in there and have an ugly, bloody war" and then one of them decides to focus on, you know, winning, instead of putting on a good fight, I can see how it might upset some of the folks paying money to watch it.  That being said, American MMA audiences are terrible in general, this one just seemed to be a bit worse a bit earlier than most.
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #567 on: December 11, 2011, 08:31:22 AM

Holy Fuck!!
Another great card out of the UFC last night.  I was really worried a few years ago, when the UFC started buying out the other high level mma franchises, that we would see less great fights.  I was wrong.  Putting everyone together in the same organisation is awesome.

Big Nog tapped out to Frank Mir.
Tito Ortiz got ground and pounded by Li'l Nog.
Machido got choked unconscious by Jones.
The Korean Zombie knocked Mark Hominick out in seven seconds.
Dana White anounced the first Flyweight (125 lbs.) fights are set for March.

What a great time to be an mma fan.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #568 on: December 11, 2011, 02:35:43 PM

Jon Jones put Machida to sleep, and then dropped him like he was dead...  on the horrifying scale, that's a seven.  Watching Big Nog's arm break?  UGGGGHHH.

If Jones wrecks Rashad, who's left for him? 
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #569 on: December 11, 2011, 02:37:34 PM

Silva.

Edit: actually Jones moving up to HW is more likely than Silva fighting at LHW again.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 09:02:24 PM by Trippy »
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #570 on: December 11, 2011, 09:31:00 PM

I don't think Silva would ever take that fight.  Not saying Silva wouldn't win (good chance he would), I just don't think he sees any upside to it.

-Rasix
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #571 on: December 11, 2011, 10:23:19 PM

My best guess for after Rashad would probably be Hendo.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #572 on: December 12, 2011, 03:23:00 AM

Yeah, and Hendo has freaking earned that fight.  Still think he would lose, but I've thought that before about Hendo.

And it is a giant understatement to say that Mir tapped out Nog.  He practically ripped his arm off for all intents.  Holy mother of christ.  And the replays!  Each one was like a swift kick to the nuts. ACK!  Fucking awesome.  awesome, for real  Nog is a freaking meathead anyway...I think it is rather hilarious that Mir has absolutely humiliated him twice now.

And Jones dropping Machida like a sack of potatoes.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  I like me some Machida, but dayamn.

Those punches Tito took to the ribs...fucking ouch.  The way he sounded after the match, I thought he may have had a punctured lung.  Breathing very labored.  Anyone hear?

carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #573 on: December 12, 2011, 06:32:35 AM

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Future-uncertain-for-Tito-Ortiz-and-Antonio-Rodrigo-Nogueira-after-UFC-140.html

"He's (Ortiz) in the hospital, with something. He could have a fractured or broken rib. Those things take a long time to recover from. We'll see," Dana White, UFC president, said.

That's all the info I could hunt down. 

Hendo is a really hard guy to count out of any fight, not to mention he has plenty of experience fighting at a size disadvantage.  Between his chin, his heart, the power in his big right hand and his disgusting wrestling pedigree, he's not a man to be taken lightly.  Hendo v. Jones would be the first time Jones fought someone with a better greco-roman pedigree than he has, which makes it interesting.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #574 on: December 12, 2011, 07:01:59 AM

Didn't Bader technically have a better wrestling pedigree?  Hamill?  I dunno.  At any rate, I think that Jones is so big and long that he kinda will manhandle almost anyone at 205.  He throws everyone around like they're small children.  I think he would do the same to Henderson, to be honest (yeah, I know Hendo was an Olympic caliber wrestler).  But Henderson's chance is that there is a fair probability in every fight he is in that he will absolutely punch the shit out of someone.  If anyone can slip a huge punch in on Jones, it would be him.

And I think the media is overplaying Machida's effort here.  Yes, he was his usual elusive self, and yes, he did manage to smack Jon once.  But at the end of the day, it was another massacre.  It just happened to be compressed into one slam, one elbow, one punch, and one near decapitation.

carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #575 on: December 12, 2011, 07:45:11 AM

Bader had a better "regular" wrestling background, but greco-roman is a different beast that translates into the cage a lot better imo.  It's similiar to the difference between kickboxing and muay thai, they bring a very similiar skillset, but diferrent specialties.  Wrestling emphasizes shoot takedowns and positional domination on the ground where greco-roman is more clinch control oriented.  Jones and Hendo are both greco-roman, but Hendo's pedigree is substantially better.  That being said, I think Jones would take him, I'm more saying I'm interested in seeing what Jones' strategy will be fighting someone he will at least have a much harder time man handling.

Machida did a lot better than I expected him to personally.  Machida had lost to the last two guys that Jones had destroyed, so I wasn't expecting much though :)
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #576 on: December 12, 2011, 02:56:51 PM

Bader had a better "regular" wrestling background, but greco-roman is a different beast that translates into the cage a lot better imo.  It's similiar to the difference between kickboxing and muay thai, they bring a very similiar skillset, but diferrent specialties.  Wrestling emphasizes shoot takedowns and positional domination on the ground where greco-roman is more clinch control oriented.  Jones and Hendo are both greco-roman, but Hendo's pedigree is substantially better.  That being said, I think Jones would take him, I'm more saying I'm interested in seeing what Jones' strategy will be fighting someone he will at least have a much harder time man handling.

On Jones' wrestling:

He was a NYS High School champ (New York is a pretty good wrestling state) and a Junior College champion out of an Iowa community college, and was being recruited by the big name college wrestling powers (Iowa, in particular).  Collegiate wrestling is "folkstyle" wrestling, so more shooting and control.  He also wrestled Greco, and was a Junior champion out of high school.

Bader was a Div I All-American (folkstyle) wrestler and Hamill was a multiple time Div III Champion and also won some post-college tournaments.  Hamil chose to go to a Div III school for the deaf, though, so he very likely could have been pretty successful at the Div I level.  Also, Matyushenko and Vera:  Matyushenko was a Soviet champion wrestler, and Vera was an Olympic alternate in Greco (though Vera has looked shitty recently).

Basically, Jones doesn't have the pedigree but talent-wise, he was on the radar of the major Division I wrestling programs.  He knocked up his girlfriend, though, and had to do something to earn money which is why he dropped collegiate wrestling and jumped into MMA.

Many wrestlers who compete in one style (folkstyle or freestyle) also compete in another.  Chael Sonnen actually has a better Greco pedigree then folkstyle/freestyle, but he fights like a folkstyle/freestyle wrestler.

Machida did a lot better than I expected him to personally.  Machida had lost to the last two guys that Jones had destroyed, so I wasn't expecting much though :)

Styles make fights.  Machida is really good at attacking, controlling, and maintaining distance in the striking game when combined with his arsenal of kicks, people thought Machida could neutralize or beat Jones at the striking game.  Also, since he maintains that distance, it's tough to get him to the ground.

Round 1 was basically what people were expecting: relatively even, with the technical edge to Machida.  If he kept that up for a couple rounds and wore down Jones' cardio....  Instead, Jones caught him and ruined him.

I just see Hendo getting completely dominated in a fight with Jones.  Picked apart from the outside, and when Hendo's cardio starts to flag (Hendo has cardio for 2/3 rounds) Jones will have his way with him.  I love Hendo, but Jones isn't going to stay in the pocket trading leather with a guy that has concrete blocks for hands like Hendo's last batch of opponents.  In the clinch, Jones is stronger, taller, faster, and massively more explosive.  Hendo has the experience, but he's 40, and working hard in the clinch with Jones is going to eat up his cardio quickly.

Rashad has great cardio, great speed/quickness, is a good wrestler, and his striking is decent.  That will be an interesting match when if finally happens.  I think Jones wins, but it is an interesting match up of skills.

Other than that....   

Phil Davis is coming on, and I like that guy quite a bit.  He has bad striking and really is more of wrestler/submission fighter at this point, and a fight with Jones would be entirely dependent on if Davis can get Jones down and keep him there.  Davis is more of a control and power wrestler, though, and he doesn't have the explosiveness.

On MMA forums, people have mentioned King Mo.  If Mo develops his game a bunch, he has the tools (world class wrestler, great power, good speed and strength).

As people said, Anderson is in the GSP position.  He's in his perfect weight class, and there is no upside to going up in weight to fight a guy that is running through world class opponents.  Anderson might even have the edge, but why do it?  Especially since he would see the Chael Sonnen strategy implemented by a much more dangerous wrestler.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #577 on: December 12, 2011, 10:41:13 PM

I just see Hendo getting completely dominated in a fight with Jones.  Picked apart from the outside, and when Hendo's cardio starts to flag (Hendo has cardio for 2/3 rounds) Jones will have his way with him.  I love Hendo, but Jones isn't going to stay in the pocket trading leather with a guy that has concrete blocks for hands like Hendo's last batch of opponents.  In the clinch, Jones is stronger, taller, faster, and massively more explosive.  Hendo has the experience, but he's 40, and working hard in the clinch with Jones is going to eat up his cardio quickly.

Rashad has great cardio, great speed/quickness, is a good wrestler, and his striking is decent.  That will be an interesting match when if finally happens.  I think Jones wins, but it is an interesting match up of skills.

You summed up my view on a Hendo fight pretty much exactly.  Hendo would have a puncher's chance, but of course that's against a guy with a freakishly long reach.

On Rashad:  I think Jones would slaughter him.  I like Rashad a lot as a fighter, but Jones is waaaaay to big for him.  Massacre.  You never know, though, so I really want to see the fight happen.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #578 on: December 19, 2011, 04:54:40 PM

I'm really excited for UFC on Fox 2, set for January 28, 2012:

Main card (televised on Fox):

Light Heavyweight bout: Rashad Evans vs. Phil Davis
    Middleweight bout: Chael Sonnen vs. Mark Muñoz
    Middleweight bout: Michael Bisping vs. Demian Maia

That is basically three title eliminators with six big name fighters.

- Evans vs. Davis will definitely select the next LHW contender, unless the winner has a serious injury.  Even then, I don't think there is another match for Jon Jones, so he may sit on the shelf if he has to wait for someone to recuperate.  I guess the UFC might feed Little Nog to Jones in that case just to keep building his brand.

- Sonnen vs. Munoz.  If Anderson wasn't hurt, Sonnen would be meeting with him.  I think the winner of this, unless it's a completely unconvincing fight, will be next in line.  Sonnen is the clear favorite but Munoz has a great wrestling background and monster power.  I'd like to see the Sonnen that showed up for the Stann fight here to buzz saw through Munoz.

Sonnen is also the hands down most entertaining trash talker in the sport's history.  He plays the troll/heel to the hilt, and isn't afraid to contradict himself or play the Ugly American.  It's actually pretty funny, as in longer interviews/Q&As he will drop his act every now and then.

- Bisping vs. Maia.  Um.  This is another spoon-fed Bisping fight, against a top 10 fighter he matches up against well.  Maia is great on the ground, but his striking is meh.  Bisping moves around alot, and he has pretty good TDD and BJJ defense.  If Maia can get this to the ground reliably, it could be an amazing fight either way.  If it's rounds of Bisping firing a jab/combo from outside, not so much.

I COULD see Bisping getting Anderson if he has a convincing win, or if Sonnen loses (Munoz is in the same camp as Anderson and is on a small streak)...  the UFC would love to push a Bisping/Anderson fight to appeal to UK/Aussie/Euro fans, and because Bisping is pretty hated in the US and it would bump Anderson's popularity.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #579 on: December 19, 2011, 07:36:26 PM

From Jones' wiki page:

Jones is also an enthusiastic tabletop miniature wargame competitor and has been collecting Warhammer 40k figurines for some time. His favourite race are the Space Marines and owns a fully painted 20,000 point Ultramarines force.

awesome, for real
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #580 on: December 19, 2011, 08:24:09 PM

From Jones' wiki page:

Jones is also an enthusiastic tabletop miniature wargame competitor and has been collecting Warhammer 40k figurines for some time. His favourite race are the Space Marines and owns a fully painted 20,000 point Ultramarines force.

awesome, for real

That has to be a hoax...
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #581 on: December 20, 2011, 04:39:48 AM

I checked around, and yeah...  Matyuchenko has a bit on his wiki page about his pogs addiction.  Probably a hoax...  though I think I prefer the idea that in his head, Jones is yelling "For the Emperor!"
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #582 on: December 29, 2011, 03:45:30 PM

UFC 141 on FRIDAY:

Main card

Featherweight bout: United States Nam Phan vs. United States Jimy Hettes
    Light Heavyweight bout: Belarus Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Sweden Alexander Gustafsson
    Welterweight bout: United States Jon Fitch vs. United States Johny Hendricks
    Lightweight bout: United States Nate Diaz vs. United States Donald Cerrone
    Heavyweight bout: United States Brock Lesnar vs. Netherlands Alistair Overeem

- Overeem versus Lesner?  Yes please.  Overeem has been ridiculously hyped off the back can crushing since the end of Pride.  His last fight was an unconvincing win over Werdum.  Lesner's first fight since his surgery.  General opinion is that if Brock can get him down, Overeem will get crushed.  Both guys have some questionable cardio, but really I don't think anyone sees this fight going the distance.

- Diaz versus Cerrone?  YES.  Cerrone has been on a tear since coming to the UFC, and Nate upped the drama content this week by being a giant Diaz-douche to Cerrone.  Both guys are high action fighters, so should be a good one.

- Fitch versus Hendricks.  Hendricks sole loss is to Rick Story, Fitch is Fitch... only loss since 2003 is GSP, but coming off the draw with BJ.  Fitch is famous for wins by grinding, unexciting wrestling.

- Matyushenko versus Gustafsson.  Gustafsson is a highly touted prospect at LHW.  Matyushenko is a cagey veteran.  Probably a buildup fight for Gustafsson to get him a top 10 opponent next.  This should actually be a decent fight, but not real exciting and no big relevance to the division.

- I like Nam Phan.  So far, he's been in a couple exciting fights, and just has an exciting style.  His oppo is a New Guy who is undefeated, so who knows.  I want to bet that this will be a great exciting match.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 05:09:00 PM by Johny Cee »
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #583 on: December 29, 2011, 04:37:58 PM

It's actually Friday night, not Saturday.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #584 on: December 29, 2011, 05:09:36 PM

It's actually Friday night, not Saturday.

Corrected.  Wow, thanks alot.  I would have been PISSED if I missed the card.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #585 on: December 30, 2011, 12:17:23 AM

Yeah, I am looking forward to it.  The Overeem/Lesnar fight will have that same feel that all the big heavyweight fights have.  Especially with Lesnar, who is like letting a wild gorilla into the cage.  He might just end up killing someone.

Please please PLEASE let Cerrone destroy Diaz.  Really like Cerrone, and really hate Diaz.

Maybe Fitch will be forced to stand and fight.  I am hoping their wrestling cancels out, and we can see Fitch in a real fight for once.

I also Like Nam Phan.  He needs refinement as an MMA fighter, but he has some of the nastiest body attacks, especially at that weight class.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #586 on: January 01, 2012, 11:49:51 PM

So basically none of that card unfolded as hoped/expected.

That Hettes kid is a wild man.  If he can avoid getting punched in the face, he is going to be dangerous in that division.  Totally manhandled Nam.

Matyushenko is turning into a bit of a tomato can for all the up-and-comers.  Gustafsson is a long limbed reak who will present a lot of problems for people at 205, but I am guessing he will wilt as soon as someone with strong wrestling gets a hold of him.

We finally saw an exciting Jon Fitch fight.  Too bad that is was due to him getting knocked the fuck out in a flash.  No welterweight is safe against Hendriks.  Very powerful guy.

The Diaz/Cerrone fight lived up to billing.  Too bad it didn't go the way I wanted, but I enjoyed the fight regardless.  Got to give it to the Diaz guys, they sure know how to box.

Lesnar, I have finally concluded, is an idiot.  Why on earth he doesn't just bull-rush a guy like that is something I don't understand.  I think he is simply afraid of getting hit.  Granted, he is getting hit by some really powerful guys, but his only chance has ever been going for the freight train style football tackle or double leg takedown.  He went for a weak ass single, and gave up on it too soon.  I knew he was toast as soon as that happened, because you could tell he was too afraid to go after it.  How else did he think he was going to win?  His retirement suits me just fine...despite all the superlatives used to describe his freakish athleticism, the fact of the matter is that he isn't particularly good at MMA.  The more he"learned" the worse he got.  Would have been better off just training as a wrestler, and doing only that.  Oaf.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #587 on: January 19, 2012, 05:28:44 PM

So, UFC on Fox 2?  Munoz is out and Sonnen will now be facing Bisping.

Oh dear.  The combined douchiness in the ring may cause a Douche Singularity!
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #588 on: January 19, 2012, 11:25:00 PM

Sonnen is more performance artist than douche.  I personally think he is hilarious.  Not to mention a dangerous fighter.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #589 on: January 20, 2012, 08:20:24 AM

Sonnen is more performance artist than douche.  I personally think he is hilarious.  Not to mention a dangerous fighter.

I agree 100% on Sonnen...  it's an act, and in longer bits you can see him go in and out of character, and I find him fucking hilarious.  It is still a tremendously douchey thing to do.  Bisping is hilarious because he has no clue that he's a giant douche, and no clue why so many people hate him.  In the past, he's actually blamed it on racism/nationalism which is hilarious... rather than being a raging dick.

I mean, go back to the Hamill fight:  The judges just gifted you a decision that is down as one of the worst in UFC history, and the fans are going apeshit.  If you are Mike, what do you do?  Obviously, you START SMACKTALKING ABOUT HOW YOU KICKED THE SHIT OUT OF YOUR DEAF OPPONENT.  And then Hammill came on and gave Bisping credit, and acted like a gracious loser, further rubbing in how classless Bisping is.

Also, Bisping might be the most protected fighter in the UFC.  Seriously, look at who he has fought.... it's a who's who of cans/journeymen/aged fighters.  Even the few good fighters he has fought, they all match up pretty favorably to him (Silva, Leben).  I give him credit for his LHW run, which had some tough matches (Rashad, Hammill) but MW has been a giant joke.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #590 on: January 26, 2012, 07:46:44 PM

Bisping is just a mid tier fighter; even if he holds Sonnen at bay and gets a decision I don't see how he has a chance against Anderson Silva. Sonnen, on the other hand, I'd love to see get another crack at Silva because he looked damn good the last time they fought.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #591 on: September 07, 2012, 01:42:15 PM

GSP vs. Silva at Cowboys Stadium?

Dana White is saying that Georges St-Pierre and Andreson Silva want to fight each other. Video of interview with White: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onQsQQSKsL8

Originally saw this over at SI.com

Edit: P not B
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 02:09:04 PM by Trippy »
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #592 on: September 10, 2012, 12:39:01 AM

I love me some GSP.  Not only is he a great fighter, but he seems to also be a pretty decent human being.

That said, I don't really want to see him fight Silva.  I think he will get fucking clowned.  Were they of the same size, I would still give Anderson a slight edge, but the fact of the matter is that Anderson is just waaaay bigger than GSP.  Taller and much longer.  GSP's biggest strengths (beyond game planning in general) are his boxing and takedowns.  Boxing with Silva would get him killed, and I think Silva is too long and too quick to be taken down by GSP.

I'll buy it, of course.

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #593 on: July 07, 2013, 09:25:31 AM

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

No, not you, Silva.

And while it lasts...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPdBUwA2GQg
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #594 on: July 07, 2013, 11:54:01 AM

Dumbass.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: MMA  
Jump to: