Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:15:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: The Grunkster Retires 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Grunkster Retires  (Read 118705 times)
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: June 21, 2008, 03:49:35 PM

Nah, I don't believe in "grunk".  The language is certainly a fair copy of the genuinely fucked-up retard, and the hyper-responsiveness is a good portrayal of the Jade-style forum obsessive.  But it's too one-paced, and it doesn't work with the occasional nature: the going away for months then coming back, up to pace.  Too much awareness of those around him, too, even if the actual nature of the resulting observations are out of whack.

I don't buy it.  I seem to remember falling for it last time, but I'm older, wiser and perhaps just a little sexier too, now.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #71 on: June 21, 2008, 05:01:43 PM

amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: June 21, 2008, 06:14:39 PM

Nah, I don't believe in "grunk".

All that matters Endie, is that grunk believes in you.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #73 on: June 21, 2008, 08:51:15 PM

I'm sorry, but "whose"?

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: June 22, 2008, 12:21:10 AM

Why can't we have cute Japanese schoolgirl gimmick accounts like we had in the old days?
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: June 22, 2008, 02:11:49 AM

Why can't we have cute Japanese schoolgirl gimmick accounts like we had in the old days?

Hello, I am new here! 

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #76 on: June 22, 2008, 02:29:35 AM

Obangina
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #77 on: June 22, 2008, 03:03:40 AM

I don't get it.

If grunk is real, his posts are no different than those of hundreds of other retards on the internet.
If grunk is a gimmick account, his posts are still no different than those of hundreds of other retards on the internet.

Is there some reason some people here are finding generic internet retardery so entertaining in this case?  If we're so desperate to gawk at fuckwits, why did we kick SirBruce out in the first place?  Grunk isn't even on the level of thejeni or that guy who made the UO subscriber chart.  He's the 11 year old X-box Live gamer that causes us to turn our headsets off.
schild
Administrator

Reply #78 on: June 22, 2008, 03:17:54 AM

His first IP address from was the inside of a psychiatric ward/mental institution.

He's a special brand of special.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: June 22, 2008, 03:18:13 AM

Here is Kiki the Japanese Schoolgirl from lum's.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #80 on: June 22, 2008, 03:29:35 AM

His first IP address from was the inside of a psychiatric ward/mental institution.

He's a special brand of special.

You'd pretty much have to be locked up in one to have anywhere near the free time you'd need to grind up in FFXI.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #81 on: June 22, 2008, 05:57:52 AM

Here is Kiki the Japanese Schoolgirl from lum's.

Not sure what school she's supposed to be going to, but her horns look like cassava roots. Or maybe yams.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #82 on: June 22, 2008, 09:29:32 AM

Maybe she needs a caption,"I yam horny" ?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: June 22, 2008, 09:36:18 AM

Yeah, but would ya tuber?
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: June 22, 2008, 03:23:27 PM

/groan

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: June 22, 2008, 05:00:20 PM

IT'S NOT A TUBER!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Njal
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: June 23, 2008, 04:43:57 AM

<pines for Capt Ebolter>
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #87 on: June 23, 2008, 08:43:50 AM

I'm struggling with the cock joke, though.
Poor Righ.
TheWall
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: June 23, 2008, 09:21:39 AM

Maybe she needs a caption,"I yam horny" ?
Yeah, but would ya tuber?

You two are made of win. Mad pun skills rule the world.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #89 on: June 23, 2008, 05:36:16 PM

Hello, I am new here! 

Ok, that's just teasing. Attach a name to that or something.

Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #90 on: June 24, 2008, 01:44:37 AM

IT'S A TRAP!

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: June 24, 2008, 04:56:01 AM

If you met her in a bar, you wouldn't care what her name was. Or if you know a language in common.

She is insanely cute though. Cute enough that you could block out the shapeshifting teenage angsty ninja schoolchildren, leaping around you, fighting the tentacles coming up through the floor. In the bar. Hey. Did you get carded? How old are you anyway? F**k it, I don't care, just say "how old do you want me to be".

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: June 24, 2008, 06:03:59 AM

Dammit, I'm always late to these threads.  But if I've learned anything from this thread is that grunk really, really likes shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw7CSkbpOp8&feature=related
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: June 24, 2008, 06:21:36 AM

He's good to have around. The utter pride in that stupid screenshot of the goofy cartoon character in shitty looking armor sums up my feeling about hardcore mmo players perfectly. He truly is The Man, someone to be feared and respected for his amazing achievements that most mere mortals will never even approach. He should be on one of those Bud Light commercials.
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: June 24, 2008, 06:28:33 AM

Here's to you, Mr. Uber Level 80 MMO Conquerer.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: June 24, 2008, 11:23:09 AM

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 11:28:27 AM by Oban »

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #96 on: June 24, 2008, 03:02:22 PM

... from ffxi.

Washed a shore on windurst and surrounded by sawed off midgets, A young galka escaped the slavery of the bastok mines. With the odds awlays against him, he drove on to become a god.

It was a great run... the greatest ever. The great Dark Knight leaves behind... what was the greatest mmorpg ever made.

I wana thank... nah fuck it. Those should thank me, for i was the reason they all got there ABJ, there Relics, there AF ,there ying yangs, there torques, there shadow mantles, there bah staff.. shit every item in the game, yall rode the galka to the promised land... and so on.

Grunk was a god. When DRK's were joked about, there is but one legend. One DRK to rule them all, with the power of the club, Grunk 2-8'ed hes way to legendary status... and became the greatest Final Fantasy character in the history ... of final fantasy.

Man, Myth, Legend but above all else... Galka.

Shit, FFXI is dead, it has lost its greatest hero...

Look out deathwisper, there is a new sherif in town.
hey I remember FFXI

I made a Hume warrior and killed goblins for a bit, then I did some really boring quests for Cid and I don't recall the rest but it involved getting in groups to kill crabs for hours while waiting to get my chocobo license. Then I decided the game was gay and quit playing and my life improved 100%

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Dtrain
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: June 24, 2008, 04:25:37 PM

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: June 24, 2008, 04:42:50 PM

I made a Hume warrior and killed goblins for a bit, then I did some really boring quests for Cid and I don't recall the rest but it involved getting in groups to kill crabs for hours while waiting to get my chocobo license. Then I decided the game was gay and quit playing and my life improved 100%

Yeah that's pretty much the whole game. The last time I played I was level 61 and soloing crabs...

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: June 25, 2008, 09:03:25 AM

That's my exact experience in FFXI. Not sure why I even bothered with that one.

You got to the desert and you were absolutely required to group, to kill crabs. The same crabs you've seen the entire game, just with a different hue and the numbers appearing over your head were exponentially higher than the ones you were previously accustomed to. All this to get your riding license from the rare ass drops and then you'd grind a few more days to start unlocking other jobs. Where you'd start the game over again. Killing orange crabs instead of the blue or yellow ones you had progressed to with your FIRST job.

Horrible, horrible game.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #100 on: June 25, 2008, 09:22:39 AM

I think FFXI is the only MMO I've played for which I still harbor hatred and resentment.  That was just horrible.

Remember having to install like four separate programs just to log in?

Edit: He hasn't been active for the last five days, maybe he got tired of AoC and hit the pipe again.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: June 25, 2008, 09:24:02 AM

No but I remember the 4 different CD keys that were each 24 digits long and had to have correct capitalization and shit. Plus the fact that they deleted your dudes when you unsubscribed. It was like a fist fucking at every turn.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: June 25, 2008, 11:01:53 AM

I once spent hours killing crabs after an unfortunate incident with a groupie in the band room. I did get some good dingratz out of it, though.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #103 on: June 25, 2008, 11:35:41 AM

Musicians are mostly broken.  You are so lucky you didn't get rich and famous.  You'd probably be interesting and dead or alive and boring like Paul McCartney right now. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #104 on: June 25, 2008, 04:35:06 PM

Danke.

I actually listened to the song out of curiosity. It kind of sounds like she just memorized the english lyrics without having any clue as to the meaning.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: The Grunkster Retires  
Jump to: