Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:05:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Thinking of Trying a PVP Server 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thinking of Trying a PVP Server  (Read 23678 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #70 on: June 17, 2008, 09:42:47 AM

Where do you come up with this shit?

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #71 on: June 17, 2008, 10:11:01 AM

Also RPPVP is a trap. There is nothing RP about it with the exception of the poor RP souls who really try to make it work. It has more fuckheads and griefers than normal servers. The RP label just attracts them with the intention of fucking up. I suggest trying on a regular PVP server, it is far less hostile and far more fun, don't let the shitkids ruin the game for you.
I can't decide if you are insane or just that class of troll who enjoys pretending to be incredibly wrong and having people yell at you.
photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: June 17, 2008, 10:19:47 AM

Guess both of you missed the griefer guilds who rolled on Corinthia RPPVP and are supposedly roleplaying *ta dah* Griefers.

EDIT: Missed the main point: This spawned several threads on Fury PvP with the intention of doing the same on other RPPVP servers. "Cause it was fun to fuck with roleplayers". Which they did.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 10:21:40 AM by photek »

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away"
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: June 17, 2008, 10:22:02 AM

There is nothing RP about it with the exception of the poor RP souls who really try to make it work. It has more fuckheads and griefers than normal servers. The RP label just attracts them with the intention of fucking up.

Not that i have seen.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 10:25:36 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: June 17, 2008, 10:23:59 AM

Not that i have seen.

I got my HoX on Corinthia and they were still around last night in the Wild Lands village. Just logged in to do a /who, but there is no /who feature.

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away"
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #75 on: June 17, 2008, 10:27:28 AM

I got my HoX on Corinthia and they were still around last night in the Wild Lands village. Just logged in to do a /who, but there is no /who feature.

In the upper left hand corner of the screen there are three buttons.  One of them is a "players and something" button that is the equivalent of a /who command.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: June 17, 2008, 10:46:21 AM

Guess both of you missed the griefer guilds who rolled on Corinthia RPPVP and are supposedly roleplaying *ta dah* Griefers.

EDIT: Missed the main point: This spawned several threads on Fury PvP with the intention of doing the same on other RPPVP servers. "Cause it was fun to fuck with roleplayers". Which they did.

The closest I have seen are "Murder Herd" and "Hand of Set" , both of which get owned constantly.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: June 17, 2008, 08:44:40 PM

Yea, red names in all adventure zones. Mostly people give each other a wide berth, at least in the teens and 20s zones. Occasionally someone will try something, but if you play smart you see them coming a mile away. It really is basically paying attention.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: June 18, 2008, 05:34:00 AM

So, is there like some window dragging exploit or something with AoC? I swear an assassin that jumped me last night in the Underhalls was blinking all over my screen. My link was green so I don't think it was my connection. But I couldn't hit the guy because he was doing some Nightcrawler impression by blinking all over the place. I'm not yelling "EXPLOIT!" because I lost. I really didn't care about that. Heck, a Ranger kicked my ass and I barely touched the guy because I gotz no skillz as the kids say. Or at least I think they say that. Who can keep up? Either way, though. Was weird.
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: June 18, 2008, 06:15:44 AM

Yea, red names in all adventure zones. Mostly people give each other a wide berth, at least in the teens and 20s zones. Occasionally someone will try something, but if you play smart you see them coming a mile away. It really is basically paying attention.

Yeah, like the Rogue doubleteam that kept ganking me out of stealth in White Sands. They were real easy to see coming. Or the level 24 down in the underhalls who would wait right beyond the zoning points in the dungeon, and you'd be almost dead before you fully loaded, another one real easy to see coming.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #80 on: June 18, 2008, 06:28:21 AM

My brother is playing this on a PVP server, and he's just full of stories of all the newbs he's killed and how they screamed at him.  I should get him to post here.  He's like the anti-me.  When Shadowbane came out, he didn't give any guff about meaningful PVP and player justice, he just said "Man I am going to gank so many newbs!"

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: June 18, 2008, 06:45:58 AM

You mean your alter ego , WUA? I bet you don't even have an azzraping brother. I'm calling BS :)

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #82 on: June 18, 2008, 11:17:53 AM

Nope, it's true.  WUA has a PK brother.  Years ago when we both played UO, I'd watch over his shoulder as he would repeatedly paralyze a dude while reciting the entire Ezekiel verse from Pulp Fiction via a series of macros, then blast them out of their socks.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #83 on: June 18, 2008, 12:19:17 PM

Damn, I didn't realize it but Pulp Fiction is now fourteen years old.  It really doesn't seem that long ago I was watching it with my friends.

Fuck I'm old.
d4rkj3di
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: June 18, 2008, 12:37:51 PM

So, is there like some window dragging exploit or something with AoC?

There are several hacks currently available. PvP is serious business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xVgoCZ75pE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q30-FWVwpbY
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 12:45:17 PM by d4rkj3di »
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: June 18, 2008, 12:51:22 PM

So ya... that's uhh... well, that's no good is what that is.
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: June 18, 2008, 01:34:57 PM

How are HoX for PvP? This thread is making me want to start a character on Cimmeria(sp?). Haven't played a Hox past level 5 yet so would be nice to play something new.
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #87 on: June 18, 2008, 01:42:51 PM

I'm curious if the hacks work as well outside of single player mode.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: June 18, 2008, 01:48:16 PM

How are HoX for PvP? This thread is making me want to start a character on Cimmeria(sp?). Haven't played a Hox past level 5 yet so would be nice to play something new.

Very good at high levels. You have lots of CC and damage at the upper levels and will probably enjoy leveling one. Might be a bit tough up until 30 though.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Thinking of Trying a PVP Server  
Jump to: