Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 03:14:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: WotLK spoilerfication 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WotLK spoilerfication  (Read 189493 times)
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #525 on: September 30, 2008, 08:38:32 AM

Guys, the motorcycles will just be for fluff. The sidecar pops out of the hog when someone else hops on.

Also - you can't auto dismount off of a hog by hitting an ability, you have to click the 'dismount' button and wait for the animation of your character jumping off, which means it's not a 'fast response' mount (read: normal mounts). All of the multi-passenger mounts work the same way.

You won't see people using it in WSG all the time, it will just be for sitting around in Dalaran. You can't use flying mounts in Dalaran.

The areas to queue for battlegrounds and arenas both disallow the use of ground mounts as well, so you don't have to worry about them getting surrounded by motorcycle gangs.

I think too much of a deal is being made out of this, honestly.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #526 on: September 30, 2008, 08:56:38 AM

It's a defense mechanism, as people realize that WAR isn't the holy grail they are grasping for a reason to hate WoW to keep themselves from going back.  It'll give them something to bitch about for about a month until WotLK hits stores and we get the inevitable "I'm weak" threads and everyone is discussing what server they play on.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #527 on: September 30, 2008, 09:03:46 AM

It's a defense mechanism, as people realize that WAR isn't the holy grail they are grasping for a reason to hate WoW to keep themselves from going back.  It'll give them something to bitch about for about a month until WotLK hits stores and we get the inevitable "I'm weak" threads and everyone is discussing what server they play on.

Can you people not play two games at once? Because I don't really find it that complicated at all playing both.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #528 on: September 30, 2008, 09:09:21 AM

I assume you're talking to the people who are wailing about the game destroying motorcycles?

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #529 on: September 30, 2008, 09:33:36 AM

I'd make that assumption.

Me, I'm still trying to decide if I want to be a revamped prot pally (New Group wahh; we don't have all the reaction abilities of warriors! Waaaah!  awesome, for real) or a Death Knight with all the other noobs.

Decisions, decisions.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #530 on: September 30, 2008, 09:34:22 AM

Can you people not play two games at once? Because I don't really find it that complicated at all playing both.

You clearly are not a true believer and shall be burned in effigy on the forums for your heresy against (world of warcraft / warhammer online).

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Valmorian
Terracotta Army

Reply #531 on: September 30, 2008, 09:36:51 AM

Actually, I've always disliked the pop-culture sillyness of WoW, trying to ignore it as much as I could when playing.  I don't even play WAR so I have no "holy grail" delusions there at all. 
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #532 on: September 30, 2008, 09:40:55 AM

Actually, I've always disliked the pop-culture sillyness of WoW, trying to ignore it as much as I could when playing.  I don't even play WAR so I have no "holy grail" delusions there at all. 

Why are you surfing the WoW forum, let alone posting here then?

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #533 on: September 30, 2008, 09:56:07 AM

PSYCHE.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #534 on: September 30, 2008, 11:24:36 AM

it's look makes me think the artists didn't even try. 

That.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #535 on: September 30, 2008, 11:26:52 AM

Fuck you.  Heart

I'm not canceling WoW for WAR, I will play both. I like WoW, I've got 4 70s and 2 more characters in the 60s. The motorcycle doesn't match the look of the game and is thus stupid. These are not incompatible thoughts.

Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #536 on: September 30, 2008, 12:12:35 PM

I have 4 70s as well - can't wait to go back, really.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Though I do like me some WAR. I'll play both.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #537 on: September 30, 2008, 02:47:47 PM

The helicopters actually look rickety and barely-working, too, though.  I don't have an engineer high enough to have one, but some people have told me that at times, the chopper will stop working, drop a few feet, then kick in again, as though threatening to fall out of the air at any moment.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #538 on: September 30, 2008, 02:50:27 PM

The helicopters actually look rickety and barely-working, too, though.  I don't have an engineer high enough to have one, but some people have told me that at times, the chopper will stop working, drop a few feet, then kick in again, as though threatening to fall out of the air at any moment.

If they could capture the same kind of look and feel with the motorcycles then my objections would go away.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #539 on: September 30, 2008, 04:52:45 PM

I assume you're talking to the people who are wailing about the game destroying motorcycles?

Well yeah, and the general "YOU MUST DECIDE" raging lunacy that some of the fanbois about either game start spewing. Someone needs to remind those people this isn't a race war.

Also, that picture of the monkey in front of a fire was awesome.

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #540 on: October 01, 2008, 05:40:45 AM

I choose not to play more than one MMO at a time.  I have no problem with WAR being successful.  Hell, I want to have something to fall back on when I get tired of WoW. 

Nothing out there, up to this point, has come close to being an option for me.  I was really hoping for AoC, but you know...

If the expansion wasn't coming out in November, I'd probably be playing WAR now.
Valmorian
Terracotta Army

Reply #541 on: October 01, 2008, 12:45:02 PM

Why are you surfing the WoW forum, let alone posting here then?

Boredom.
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #542 on: October 01, 2008, 12:55:55 PM

Well yeah, and the general "YOU MUST DECIDE" raging lunacy that some of the fanbois about either game start spewing. Someone needs to remind those people this isn't a race war.

Also, that picture of the monkey in front of a fire was awesome.

I was saying defensiveness more in a "we don't want to play WoW anymore because we're free and we realize that WoW is not healthy."  Sorta like how a teetotaler hates people who drink, even if they only do it once a year.  There was probably some hope that WAR could feed that inner demon in a more healthy way, now that they realize it's not gonna work, hatred of WoW is a defense mechanism, and probably a smart one! :)

Or I could just be trolling.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #543 on: October 01, 2008, 03:49:41 PM

lPatch probably incoming on the 14th as S3 ends that date.
We’re currently planning to end the fourth Arena season on October 14, 2008, and as always -- this date could easily change. This Arena Season is only ending in respect to the ladder, meaning we'll be taking a snapshot of the season's ladder and then go through our normal process to determine who is eligible for the end-of-season rewards. This process should take approximately one week. It's very important for players who feel that they may be eligible for the arena-specific title and/or Armored Nether Drake to refrain from transferring their character to another realm between the date outlined above, and when the end-of-season rewards are physically awarded.

Upon the end of this Arena Season, teams and ratings will not be wiped, and will carry forward allowing players to earn points each week and purchase gear until the launch of the expansion (November 13, 2008).

Also, it appears the latest test server/ beta push nerfed TBC hit points by 30% to all mobs in raid instances.  Yes, that includes Bosses.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #544 on: October 01, 2008, 09:07:58 PM

Also, it appears the latest test server/ beta push nerfed TBC hit points by 30% to all mobs in raid instances.  Yes, that includes Bosses.

Basically makes a lot more sense why you won't be able to get the Champion of the Naaru or Hand of A'dal titles, or bear mounts out of Z'A after the patch now. Add this to the class changes and basically there is no such thing as an endurance/DPS race fight in the BC instances anymore.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #545 on: October 02, 2008, 12:20:10 AM

After the screeching pop culture stupidity of TBC, I don't see much immersion left to ruin. The gnomes doing the Starship Troopers bit at Toshley Station killed it for me.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #546 on: October 02, 2008, 03:07:01 AM

I dont know. the rampant pulp culture stuff has ALWAYS been there.  Shimmering flats and the races, the thousands upon thousands of cleverly named npc's, the stuff is EVERYWHERE and has been since the game origionally launched.

And it has never really bugged me one bit.  I am actually very amused when I run into the goofy dialogues between various NPC's (such as the whole "rocket man" exchange you hear at area 52).

I have often gone to wowhead and looked up alliance npc's just so i can try to figure out what they are saying on my horde characters.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #547 on: October 02, 2008, 03:50:29 AM

I adore Toshley's Station.  Heart

I'm on fire! Again!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #548 on: October 02, 2008, 05:24:05 AM

I'm a fan of the humor and satire in WoW too.  I prefer that to getting all serious about lore like other games.  I really like the fact that they can sit back and laugh at themselves, us and ourselves.

Just as a side note:  I started a new character just last week.  The newb area at IF was busy.  I went to the SW newb area 2 days ago for a separate quest at that chapel.  It was packed!

You might be saying, "Aw, those are just alts."  However, I've been running into people, as I've been leveling up, that are playing for the first time.  Not just once in awhile, but nearly every play session.

Yeah, this WoW thing isn't going away anytime soon.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #549 on: October 02, 2008, 05:30:03 AM

When you said it was crowded, I expected you to bitch about L70s like myself running around doing noob quests to hit exalted and buy mounts/ get titles.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I want that fucking Albino Drake, dammit.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #550 on: October 02, 2008, 06:35:56 AM

Even taurens can do the Albino Drake comfortably without the hog, now that they cut the requirement down to 50 mounts.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #551 on: October 02, 2008, 06:51:16 AM

lol you nailed it right there what I can't put into words.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #552 on: October 02, 2008, 03:43:36 PM

I dont know. the rampant pulp culture stuff has ALWAYS been there.  Shimmering flats and the races, the thousands upon thousands of cleverly named npc's, the stuff is EVERYWHERE and has been since the game origionally launched.

And it has never really bugged me one bit.  I am actually very amused when I run into the goofy dialogues between various NPC's (such as the whole "rocket man" exchange you hear at area 52).
It's always been there, but it wasn't always so blatent, nor seemed like they were trying so hard to squeeze in a reference every five feet.

It went from being witty to being childishly silly and annoying.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #553 on: October 03, 2008, 10:34:50 AM

I'm not noticing what you people are noticing obviously. I see occasional references, like the Starship Troopers thing, or Haris Pilton and her new line of bags, or stuff like that. Motorcycles only seem silly to me if the Super Devil created them to ride across the Azeroth skies.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #554 on: October 04, 2008, 07:26:16 AM

It went from being witty to being childishly silly and annoying.

Have you seen The Tauren Cheiftains? I speak of course, of the 5-man horde heavy-metal band, that sometimes play during the Darkmoon Faire and can now be found in BRD on a nightly basis. (or summonable, with the Brewfest Remote.)

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #555 on: October 04, 2008, 09:26:51 AM

I'm still amused, not annoyed.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #556 on: October 04, 2008, 11:58:03 AM

Have you seen The Tauren Cheiftains? I speak of course, of the 5-man horde heavy-metal band, that sometimes play during the Darkmoon Faire and can now be found in BRD on a nightly basis. (or summonable, with the Brewfest Remote.)
No, I haven't, but it illustrates my point perfectly: Kind of cool and neat occasional occurance to being heavily over-used and ever-present.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #557 on: October 04, 2008, 01:01:40 PM

They play regularly in the World's End Tavern in Shattrath City.  I don't really see how that's anything less than completely appropriate for the game environment, though.

Would help if they had more than the one song, though, although I do like the song.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #558 on: October 04, 2008, 01:25:42 PM

There's a comedian that does sets in the World's End Tavern as well.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #559 on: October 04, 2008, 03:33:57 PM

There's a comedian that does sets in the World's End Tavern as well.

And he's fucking TERRIBLE.*

My 10 year old tells funnier jokes. No, really.

*That the Horde gets a kickass metal band and the alliance gets a comedian that tells jokes even washed-out Bob Zany wouldn't use just illustrates the Horde Bias of the game devs!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: WotLK spoilerfication  
Jump to: