Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:45:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Let's be MORE Useful! Things you don't like! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's be MORE Useful! Things you don't like!  (Read 127090 times)
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #420 on: June 11, 2008, 03:27:31 PM

Apparently the border kingdoms are just copies of the resource areas?  As in Aqualonia's border kingdom is Potain all over again etc.

If true that is fucking lame.
schild
Administrator

Reply #421 on: June 11, 2008, 03:29:27 PM

It's true, found that out the other day when I went to Kush.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #422 on: June 12, 2008, 05:16:42 AM

Apparently the border kingdoms are just copies of the resource areas?  As in Aqualonia's border kingdom is Potain all over again etc.

If true that is fucking lame.

Well that's disappointing. Place holders maybe?
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #423 on: June 12, 2008, 08:26:42 AM

I can't recall is I said this before, but they really need a /who system. Their player and guild search is an insult to mankind. I think the last game where I couldnt do /who "name" was in the mid 90s.

Maybe I just dont know the right command, but this is fucking horrible.

Amen.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #424 on: June 12, 2008, 11:31:09 AM

I don't like that since the patch before this one, I crash several times during each play session.  I never used to crash before.  Since I only play an hour or so at a time, it sort of makes the game unplayable for me.  So far, every update has broken something for me.   swamp poop

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #425 on: June 13, 2008, 12:08:48 PM

I think they introduced a memory leak.  I had my first lock-up yesterday after playing a while, and I'm losing map textures frequently.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #426 on: June 13, 2008, 12:09:40 PM

Happened to me last night after 5+ hours too, old tarantia ate itself.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #427 on: June 13, 2008, 12:25:48 PM

Since the last patch I also have about a one in five chance of crashing while zoning.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #428 on: June 13, 2008, 12:31:48 PM

I'm getting occasional client error messages. My screen will lock up for a few seconds, then I'll get a messages saying that the error was being sent in the background. This has been a recent development, so I'm assuming it was introduced with the latest patch.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #429 on: June 13, 2008, 12:33:46 PM

I've been getting that occasionally since launch, but it's more common now after the June 12 patch. Maybe 3 an hour.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #430 on: June 14, 2008, 07:06:13 AM

The other day I thought it had all got better.  I logged in, completed a couple of quests, actually was in for nearly an hour I think.  Even chatted to Schildy's girl form for a bit.  I made the mistake of holding down both mouse buttons to run around, as I occasionally do, and it froze.  Then it crashed.  Now I crash when I zone, when I look at something, when I move around too much, just most of the time, actually.   swamp poop  And it was all going so well.  Now it's just going.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #431 on: June 14, 2008, 09:41:35 AM

Add having to resummon pets when entering/leaving an instance

Pets don't swim. At least demonologist pets don't. They have to be resummoned if you cross a river.

They also don't climb
Demon pets will occasionally warp to your location to catch up though. But it's inconsistent. Easier just to recast the stupid thing, assuming you bother the cast it in the first place.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #432 on: June 14, 2008, 11:27:12 AM

The other day I thought it had all got better.  I logged in, completed a couple of quests, actually was in for nearly an hour I think.  Even chatted to Schildy's girl form for a bit.  I made the mistake of holding down both mouse buttons to run around, as I occasionally do, and it froze.  Then it crashed.  Now I crash when I zone, when I look at something, when I move around too much, just most of the time, actually.   swamp poop  And it was all going so well.  Now it's just going.

I was having similar problems (the map screwing up usually is the first indicator that things are going to start going poorly).  Friends with low-power PCs weren't having these same issues, so I dropped my texture detail to low, so far it's been a lot more stable (course, not as pretty).
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #433 on: June 14, 2008, 11:44:09 AM

Putting everything on low doesn't help.  I don't think it's any thing like that, anyway.  It was running and working fine before the patch on Monday.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #434 on: June 14, 2008, 07:12:10 PM

"My thighs sweat with the force of your conviction. Use that passion to bring me his head."

I'm, sorry. That has got to be the WORST line I have ever read. I mean come on. The whole "every women isa slut" dialog just jot stupid for me. Wish I'd taken a screenshot...

Hic sunt dracones.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #435 on: June 14, 2008, 07:20:35 PM

"My thighs sweat with the force of your conviction. Use that passion to bring me his head."

I'm, sorry. That has got to be the WORST line I have ever read. I mean come on. The whole "every women isa slut" dialog just jot stupid for me. Wish I'd taken a screenshot...

Are you kidding? thats fucking awesome!

I am the .00000001428%
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #436 on: June 14, 2008, 07:54:35 PM

Pets poofing on zone. Definitely hate having to recast Necro pets every time I zone. Hate. Hate. Hate.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #437 on: June 15, 2008, 05:51:39 AM

She is the former high priestess of Derketo.  The goddess of Lust and Fertility.  Sex is what they do.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #438 on: June 15, 2008, 06:03:54 AM

Putting everything on low doesn't help.  I don't think it's any thing like that, anyway.  It was running and working fine before the patch on Monday.

Sadly, you are right, textures make no difference.  My experience with map wonkiness is from launch, not from Monday's patch, so the patch isn't to blame either.  Deleting the shader files often does nothing to help as well.

Already losing my will to put up with this shit.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #439 on: June 15, 2008, 07:44:40 AM

She is the former high priestess of Derketo.  The goddess of Lust and Fertility.  Sex is what they do.

Derketo is one of the character names I found at that Conan name generator thingy.  I had no idea there was a server named that.  We should have played there - the whore server.

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #440 on: June 15, 2008, 11:21:12 AM

"Your resistance only makes my penis harder!"

i dunno, they seem to be from the same mould.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #441 on: June 15, 2008, 04:34:00 PM

Derketo is one of the character names I found at that Conan name generator thingy.  I had no idea there was a server named that.  We should have played there - the whore server.

Only had we agreed to found the all-female chapter you suggested - Bat Cuntry. Which I'm up for. Totally.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: June 17, 2008, 11:47:30 AM

Well, I've lost interest in the game. No one thing really did it, but here is my list of things that brought the game down for me.

- Boring loot. Yes, I really enjoy loot and having my character's appearance change as I progress. At level 37 my gear looked exactly like my level 10 gear. A lot of my enjoyment of MMOs is finding and buying cool stuff for my dude, AoC just sucks in this department.

- No massive world. I like to explore and get the feeling I'm inside a real world. Not just disconnected maps. Hyboria just doesn't have an epic feel, there's very little exploration - and while the landscape does look nice, it's just not put together in a way that feels real.

- No variety for alts. Doing the same shit over and over sucks for alt-oholics. After my third time through Tortage I could never do it again.

- Realism is boring. I tried to like it, I just prefer more pure fantasy stuff. I want to play a bull man or an ogre, everyone being a human is boring.

- Serious is boring. There's no levity or goofiness in Hyboria, nothing as a contrast to the darkness. In a place I'm going to spend a lot of hours in, I want some variety to theme and mood. Hyborea is emotionally one-dimensional.

- Little annoyances add up. All the small quirks, bugs, problems eventually get more and more annoying. I didn't mind all the loading screens at first. By the end each one seemed longer and more pointless than the last.

Just my final two cents on the game.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #443 on: June 17, 2008, 12:00:36 PM

All good reasons.

Is there an MMO you are looking forward to or returning to? My fear right now is how bad autoattack is, especially after playing this.

Then again I'm still having a riot, played my conquerer last night and got a double decapitation the first 2 mobs I killed. I was very pleased.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #444 on: June 17, 2008, 12:08:24 PM

My fear right now is how bad autoattack is, especially after playing this.

Very true. AoC's melee combat makes autoattack feel hopelessly old fashioned.

I'll probably take a break from the genre for a while, nothing else really appealing out there right now. I do plan on going back to WoW but not until closer to Lich King at least.

I still have hope for Chronicles of Spellborn for combat this isn't autoattack, though it's just a vague hope.

Aion looks promising just in terms of a more colorful, fantastic world. And I still have some hope that Warhammer will be worth playing - but in both cases it's just a matter of getting used to that old school type of combat.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #445 on: June 17, 2008, 01:17:44 PM

Some people are reporting that those hotlinks in the chat window can be scripted to do bad things.  For example a guild master got kicked out of his own guild clicking one.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #446 on: June 17, 2008, 01:24:55 PM

Jesus, who is that? Where do I find her?

Also, the quest where my female character got a merchant to leave Conall's Village by having sex with him, then told him he was limp and would spread the rumor if he persisted annoying everyone, WAS AWESOME.

I think I just heard a feminist shit her pants somewhere.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #447 on: June 17, 2008, 02:39:15 PM

Right now I'm stuck in a tree and cant even instance out of it or die. Oddly I define this as something I don't like.

Jesus, who is that? Where do I find her?

She's in Kopshef Province in Stygia. Her names Semira and Shes in the pastun island thats got lots of undead types. I think you get the quest to talk to her from... um... *checks* Captain Menes.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 05:27:12 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #448 on: June 17, 2008, 04:56:27 PM

Now that's my kind of M-Rated game.

Damn it's refreshing.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #449 on: June 17, 2008, 06:28:48 PM

The grammatical errors are seriously driving me loony.  Yes, I realize I am fucking weird.  But goddamn, I just did three quests in the noble district where I had to kill "assassin's" and "slayer's" and such.  I was willing to stomach the first one like that, but after the third I just couldn't take it.  I wouldn't care if I had any faith at all that they would be fixed shortly, or even within a year.  Unfortunately, it seems like stuff like that never gets fixed, because I am weird and nobody else cares.

Edit:  Also, random disappearing/appearing mobs in southern khopshef are pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 08:10:03 PM by Abelian75 »
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #450 on: June 22, 2008, 08:10:06 AM

What is the point of making melee NPC mini-bosses that can teleport all over the place?  The fuckers need to come running right back to fight again anyways, it's not like they can teleport and start casting.  It gains them nothing and just pisses me off.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #451 on: June 22, 2008, 08:41:10 AM

You sure its not just lag?

Hic sunt dracones.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #452 on: June 22, 2008, 09:04:36 AM

Yes I'm sure, there's a teleport animation and everything.
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #453 on: June 25, 2008, 06:11:44 PM

So I went to the treasury of the ancients, having read in one of the patch notes that it had been newly revamped and all.  I walked in and walked through a long, empty hallway.  When I reached the end of the hallway, right before it opened up into a big room, I hit an invisible wall and and got an on-screen message that said "start camera shake woot."  There was no camera shake.  Awesome so far. 

I walk back to the entrance, intending to leave, where I encounter another invisible wall blocking my way out.  "Fuck," I think.  Then, as I am attempting to log out, I get attacked by invisible primitive statues that i can only spot because of the big circular target symbol appearing on the floor when I auto-target them after being attacked.  I start killing these as they randomly float toward me, looting statue heads.  I keep trying to pass through the invisible wall and, after killing enough invisible statues, eventually succeed. 

I enter the big, ominous circular room, and am greeted with another "start camera shake woot" on-screen message (again, no camera shake).  I am able to target an invisible "queen" statue in the center of the room, and after whacking away at her for a bit, she starts spawning a couple minions (which, miraculously, I can actually see).  I kill her without further incident, and loot the exciting jeweled treasure chest she drops.  It contains a random green, her head, and an invisible box with the tooltip "no name."

All in all, a fucking trashy experience.  Revamped my asshole.

I've enjoyed doing tortage like six times, though.  After that it rapidly goes to shit.  Like, serious, serious shit.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #454 on: June 25, 2008, 11:53:59 PM

After a week or so off, I hopped back on my PoM tonight and ground from 58-60 on some apes and shit, so sweat, it went quickly, had some pvp along the way.

After a few hours of grinding, decide to take a break to pvp with the guildmasters level 34 assassin, we head off to the Eig mountains to have some fun.

Holy fuck are ToS are necro's broken right now.  I mean holy fucking shit.  At level 60, the only way I can take out a 53 ToS is if he's stupid enough to stand still, and necro's are just clownshoes.

That being said, I really do like the survivability of the PoM, I was kiting 5 level 51-55s, including a necro and his full array of pets for about 15 minutes before I got bored and wandered off.

But yeah, necro pets that instantly sap you down to 0stam/mana, ToS's being able to out HoT my damage even while 7 levels lower, I don't expect pvp to be balanced, but I don't expect it to me *this* rediculous.

Oh, it was still fun, though.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Let's be MORE Useful! Things you don't like!  
Jump to: