Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:21:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Top Chef 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Top Chef  (Read 65875 times)
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: May 15, 2008, 11:56:21 AM

Anyone else feel like this is the wrong time for Restaurant Wars?  Down to six left,  don't think any of them particularly like each other, add in some pressure....  should get some melt-downs.

Lisa signed her death warrant at Judge's Table.  They had to get rid of Andrew, because he didn't follow the rules of the competition and produced a sub-par dish, but I think the judge's have a good idea who they want to knock off before each elimination really starts,  and who they want to hang around.

Last season with Dale felt like Tom really had to work to keep him in the show when he goofed one of the dishes towards the end of that season....   I just remember Tom harping on the "which is worse,  failure of execution or failure in conception" bit.

I think a final four of Andrew, Antonia, Dale and Stephanie would be pretty solid.
schild
Administrator

Reply #36 on: May 15, 2008, 12:52:19 PM

If it's guys vs girls, it's a great time for restaurant wars. Also, what the hell is up with people liking Stephanie? She's not even on the same level as Andrew or Antonia let alone Dale.
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #37 on: May 15, 2008, 12:55:54 PM

Have you even been watching the show to date? Stephanie has been up on the winner's block more than anyone else. The girl's got skills. She even got a winner to share his win with her. How the hell do you manage that? It's a competition.

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #38 on: May 15, 2008, 03:21:54 PM

I was sort of sorry to see Psuedo Haemish leave, but he deserved it.  Well, so did Lisa.  Spike, too!  Anyway, I sort of liked Dale's attitude during this show, although I suspect he might have buggered up Lisa's rice and I think he "tripped" accidentally on purpose.  I also like Antonia.  Her food is okay, but mostly because I suspect she's a sweet person. 

If Xerapis comes to visit, I'll be serving:

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 15, 2008, 05:31:53 PM

Next week it's Lisa or Spike.

God why can't it be both.

schild
Administrator

Reply #40 on: May 15, 2008, 05:35:29 PM

There's 13 episodes a season right?

6 people left. They could very well kick off one guy on the girls team and one on the guys team.

Too bad it can't be Lisa and Stefanie or whatever her name is.

She even got a winner to share his win with her. How the hell do you manage that? It's a competition.

Blaise isn't a winner, he's a goober. And likes to kiss major ass. However, he happens to be (probably) the best chef on the show, and giving that win away means nada to him.
Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #41 on: May 15, 2008, 05:39:29 PM

Have I mentioned lately how much I love Signe?   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

And yeah, I would love to see them eliminate two people next week.  Preferably Lisa and Spike.

Stephanie needs to get kicked out all by her lonesome so they can spend more show time on her complete and utter meltdown.

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: May 15, 2008, 06:44:44 PM

Have I mentioned lately how much I love Signe?   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

And yeah, I would love to see them eliminate two people next week.  Preferably Lisa and Spike.

Stephanie needs to get kicked out all by her lonesome so they can spend more show time on her complete and utter meltdown.

I..so agree. I wanna see her do some kind of huge and mental flip out. It would bring great joy to my little life.

And Schild:

I think the best chef kind of hovers between he and Dale. Blais is a goober, and he is kinda creepy actually.. reminds me of a piece of oiled salmon. Still think it was nice of him to do that even though it is a competition and he needs to buck up.

He's like.. the ANTI Marcel.

schild
Administrator

Reply #43 on: May 15, 2008, 06:49:11 PM

I think the best chef is Dale, flat out. But people (even the judges) seem impressed by Blaise's party tricks. He fancies himself a chemist. Whatever, that's fine and it'll take him a long way on Top Chef. Good for him. All I know is Ookii and I called Blaise and Dale in the first episode, and we want to see them go all the way, so it's only good tv for us. HOWEVER, if one of them fuck up and get kicked off, I want the other one to BEAT THE EVER LOVING SHIT out of whoever they're against. I do NOT want another Elan situation.
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: May 15, 2008, 06:57:23 PM

I think the best chef is Dale, flat out. But people (even the judges) seem impressed by Blaise's party tricks. He fancies himself a chemist. Whatever, that's fine and it'll take him a long way on Top Chef. Good for him. All I know is Ookii and I called Blaise and Dale in the first episode, and we want to see them go all the way, so it's only good tv for us. HOWEVER, if one of them fuck up and get kicked off, I want the other one to BEAT THE EVER LOVING SHIT out of whoever they're against. I do NOT want another Elan situation.

Totally agreed.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #45 on: May 15, 2008, 08:32:16 PM

I think Dicky Dale might end up being my new favourite.  I loved how he was mocked for only doing Asian and then he kicked everyone's ass and won.  I totally approve!

voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #46 on: May 15, 2008, 08:47:31 PM

Plus he's the closest thing to good-looking we got this season!

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #47 on: May 15, 2008, 08:53:12 PM

Blaise has actually not been doing much molecular gastronomy on this show. Even though he is into it, he has been mostly cooking straight up.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: May 15, 2008, 08:54:35 PM

Plus he's the closest thing to good-looking we got this season!

Amen. He is a cutie, especially when he gets all pouty.

And Abagadro:

He seemed to start off kind of strong with it and then tapered off.

schild
Administrator

Reply #49 on: May 15, 2008, 10:41:32 PM

Blaise has actually not been doing much molecular gastronomy on this show. Even though he is into it, he has been mostly cooking straight up.

He wrote the gastronomy until he fucked up fish in the circulator. By then he knew to give it up.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #50 on: May 16, 2008, 07:21:20 AM

I finally got to watch this week's episode. As much as I wanted to gobsmack Andrew every time he opened his mouth, he shouldn't have gone home with what those other two pulled. Lisa is a perfect cuntmouth and needs to go back to sucking dick in the bus station for quarters. She's not anywhere near the level of chef needed to win this thing. She can piss and moan about the goddamn burners all she wants, but they video the whole fucking thing. SOME camera would have caught somebody turning up her burners. I think she fucked it up herself because she's just not that good.

And Spike... twat. At least he didn't throw anyone under the bus at judge's table like he normally does. But that whole strategy of denying the other chefs ingredients was lame, especially when he did fuckall with it. I love that he questioned Tom's pallette after producing the lazy ass shit he's produced all season. I'm thinking he'll be out for Restaurant Wars. That seems to be the challenge that separates the lazies from the workers.

Yeah, I called Blaise and Dale pretty early on as well. They are just three levels above anyone else on the show.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #51 on: May 16, 2008, 07:43:07 AM

I like the trend of calling out the judges.  THAT'S gonna help you!

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: May 16, 2008, 08:27:01 AM

I like the trend of calling out the judges.  THAT'S gonna help you!

Y-E-S!

People have really gone after the judges this season, which is funny.  It gives Chef Tom a chance to say some classic, cold-blooded line.
schild
Administrator

Reply #53 on: May 16, 2008, 10:27:34 AM

And Spike... twat. At least he didn't throw anyone under the bus at judge's table like he normally does. But that whole strategy of denying the other chefs ingredients was lame, especially when he did fuckall with it. I love that he questioned Tom's pallette after producing the lazy ass shit he's produced all season. I'm thinking he'll be out for Restaurant Wars. That seems to be the challenge that separates the lazies from the workers.

I like it when contestants fuck with other people for no other reason than to fuck with them. Especially when they produce something shitty and coast. It means he "gets" the game.  That's to say nothing about his cooking that episode though. Which was shitty.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: May 16, 2008, 11:02:56 AM

People have really gone after the judges this season, which is funny.  It gives Chef Tom a chance to say some classic, cold-blooded line.

Didn't he say something to Andrew like "Unfortunately for you, my opinion matters"

I was laughing at that one.  Tom is my hero.

I can't wait to watch Tony Bourdain this week.  Ah, the carnage.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #55 on: May 16, 2008, 11:44:05 AM

Tom did say that and he's had to say it a couple of times this season.  I like when people fuck with other people, too, if it's for no reason.  I think one of the things you need for a job as a head chef is a tough skin.  I don't mean that in a pervy way.  It sounds pervy though.  Sorry.

SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: May 16, 2008, 12:06:26 PM

I hope Anthony Bourdain rips into the remaining contestants. I mean absolutely, horribly, without a doubt just screws them all up. I want the ebilness I know is within him to shine right through and maybe even strike and kill Spike. You shouldn't be allowed to wear as many hats and bandanas and head cover ups as he does and live to tell the tale.. a tale..any tale..

I'm stabby over this last judge's table.

P.S. Tom has mentioned like three times this season that it was his opinion that it was his/the chopping block's table that mattered. I <3 Tom.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #57 on: May 16, 2008, 12:07:27 PM

I hate it when the contestants will do something to fuck over the others like Spike did, mainly because they generally don't think about what they want to do with it, just how it'll fuck someone else. Concentrate on making your shit tight and leave everyone else the fuck alone. Oh, and make sure to talk shit about them on the interview cam.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: May 16, 2008, 12:11:34 PM

I think Spike has the biggest fuck over so far on Top Chef.  I can't remember anyone else doing something, simply to screw them over.  If he would have actually used the ingredients, that would have been one thing... but having it just be on the side was prickish.  I was really hoping he'd get kicked off for that, but Andrew got what he deserved.
schild
Administrator

Reply #59 on: May 16, 2008, 12:13:19 PM

I hope Anthony Bourdain rips into the remaining contestants. I mean absolutely, horribly, without a doubt just screws them all up. I want the ebilness I know is within him to shine right through and maybe even strike and kill Spike. You shouldn't be allowed to wear as many hats and bandanas and head cover ups as he does and live to tell the tale.. a tale..any tale..

P.S. Tom has mentioned like three times this season that it was his opinion that it was his/the chopping block's table that mattered. I <3 Tom.

Bourdain loves asian food. I can really see him rip into that bitchy girl for making fake asian when Dale cooks up something real. In fact I would pay to see that.

Unfortunately, since it's restaurant wars, someone will fuck over Dale and he won't get to make Asian food.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #60 on: May 16, 2008, 12:16:01 PM

I'm stoked for Bourdain to be back. I've really missed his blog of the show this year.  One of my favorite TC moments of all time was when he said after tasting a lobster dish that it was like eating a Barbie's head.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
schild
Administrator

Reply #61 on: May 16, 2008, 12:17:55 PM

I'm stoked for Bourdain to be back. I've really missed his blog of the show this year.  One of my favorite TC moments of all time was when he said after tasting a lobster dish that it was like eating a Barbie's head.

Yea, Bourdain not having a blog is a crime. Casey, however, has turned out to be a total fucking airhead and shouldn't be allowed on the internet. She writes like a 12 year old in a yearbook. Man, she's lucky she's super hot.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: May 16, 2008, 12:28:18 PM

Yea, Bourdain not having a blog is a crime. Casey, however, has turned out to be a total fucking airhead and shouldn't be allowed on the internet. She writes like a 12 year old in a yearbook. Man, she's lucky she's super hot.

I'd hit it.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: May 16, 2008, 05:38:08 PM

Bourdain loves asian food. I can really see him rip into that bitchy girl for making fake asian when Dale cooks up something real. In fact I would pay to see that.

Unfortunately, since it's restaurant wars, someone will fuck over Dale and he won't get to make Asian food.

Asian food is godlike. They should leave him be. Or..if they know anything at all about Bourdain..let him lead.

schild
Administrator

Reply #64 on: May 16, 2008, 06:52:15 PM

Yea, if Dale doesn't lead his team, things will end.... badly.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: May 16, 2008, 08:39:54 PM

I think Spike has the biggest fuck over so far on Top Chef.  I can't remember anyone else doing something, simply to screw them over.  If he would have actually used the ingredients, that would have been one thing... but having it just be on the side was prickish.  I was really hoping he'd get kicked off for that, but Andrew got what he deserved.

At least Spike is subtle and competent about being a prick.  Lisa blurting out what she did was just off the wall, and basically set her up to go down later.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #66 on: May 17, 2008, 09:36:59 AM

Didn't Lisa fuck up a challenge where she didn't follow the rules? (I think it was the stupid improv comedy episode) She didn't go home for that. I think Andrew went home because his dish was too small and didn't taste good. They never call people out completely on a technicality.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
schild
Administrator

Reply #67 on: May 17, 2008, 09:37:42 AM

Didn't Lisa fuck up a challenge where she didn't follow the rules? (I think it was the stupid improv comedy episode) She didn't go home for that. I think Andrew went home because his dish was too small and didn't taste good. They never call people out completely on a technicality.

She didn't go home for that, but didn't her teammate? ^_^
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: May 17, 2008, 03:00:54 PM

She fucked up with her partner when they didn't use Polish Sausage in a dish for the improv thing. Only I heard later they did use it, only mixed with chorizo. I think her partner, the cuter of the lesbian couple, went home. (Zoe, the Greek one)

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #69 on: May 19, 2008, 09:18:15 AM

No, Zoe went home because she was on Spike and Antonia's team and Spike wanted to make butternut squash soup and Antonia didn't. So Zoe didn't season her mushrooms well enough and it was bye-bye Argentina.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Top Chef  
Jump to: