Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:04:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Top Chef 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Top Chef  (Read 65873 times)
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #105 on: May 30, 2008, 01:56:07 PM

Don't forget in the last episode Richard and Stephanie will get to make anything they want.  I think Richard will prevail.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: May 30, 2008, 04:41:58 PM

I would have eliminated both. I'm obviously a pushover for Lisa, but no, she's not in the same class as the other three.

Except.

O M G that new haircut from the previews is DYKE O RIFIC HOT!

I thought it would take a miracle for Richard to lose, but after the last two eps, I think any of the three can take it.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #107 on: May 30, 2008, 05:02:07 PM

I thought her new do completely changed her looks.  I wasn't sure who it even was when I first saw the preview and had to flip back. It absolutely suits her. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: May 30, 2008, 05:04:59 PM

Jen and Zoi are doing some kind of cooking demo at Boston Pride!  I'm all excited.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #109 on: May 30, 2008, 05:25:31 PM

Is Jen DOING IT FOR ZOI!

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #110 on: May 30, 2008, 05:27:56 PM

Jennifer was one of my favourites from the beginning.  I was sad when she left.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: May 30, 2008, 05:44:44 PM

Bourdain on his ep as guest judge

Another tidbit buried in there which explains why he hasn't had a regular blog on bravotv.com about Top Chef is that they wanted it to be sponsored by Michelob and he told them to stick it.  Dude rocks.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
schild
Administrator

Reply #112 on: May 31, 2008, 10:36:37 AM

Yea, well, too bad he managed to fuck up the whole series by kicking off Dale. At that point I was firmly convinced it was rigged so a chick would win.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: May 31, 2008, 11:08:51 AM

Read what he says about it and he makes a pretty good case as to why he was tossed off.

-H.L. Mencken
schild
Administrator

Reply #114 on: May 31, 2008, 12:18:48 PM

I did. Still not good enough. They've kept other people on because they were better overall. My theory is that they needed Dale off, and got Bourdain to do it since Collichio didn't have the heart. Can't have another asian win before a woman wins. Vaginas everywhere will be butthurt.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: May 31, 2008, 12:36:12 PM

Are you like anti-women or something Schild?

Heaven forbid a female can have the ability to cook as well as a male. 

Dale fucked up and he got kicked off, there was no conspiracy.

I think Bourdain pretty much gave us the reason it happened, unless of course you like butterscotch on your scallops.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: May 31, 2008, 01:13:32 PM

Stephanie and Antonia have been good all season. They deserve to be in the final 4.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
schild
Administrator

Reply #117 on: May 31, 2008, 02:47:03 PM

Are you like anti-women or something Schild?

Heaven forbid a female can have the ability to cook as well as a male. 

Dale fucked up and he got kicked off, there was no conspiracy.

I think Bourdain pretty much gave us the reason it happened, unless of course you like butterscotch on your scallops.

No, I'm anti-Lisa.

Also, the fact Spike made it further than Dale was political. Unfortunately, it's top chef. I've always hated how one member (the front of the house) always got a bye on Restaurant Wars.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #118 on: June 01, 2008, 09:05:28 AM

It's either going to be Stephanie or Richard. I don't think Antonia has enough chops to win. We KNOW Lisa isn't going to do it, because she sucks.

EDIT: What is it about lesbians liking that dyke cut Lisa got? I've never seen how that's an attractive look for a woman.

As for Dale's getting kicked off, it happened during last season's restaurant wars too. Cliff got kicked off when he was CLEARLY a better chef than most that stayed. But he took the executive chef role just like Dale, and when the food wasn't as good, he got shitcanned just like Dale. If you don't win restaurant wars as executive chef, your ass is going home. And yes, front of house guy ALWAYS gets a free fucking pass.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 09:08:18 AM by HaemishM »

voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #119 on: June 01, 2008, 10:04:17 AM

EDIT: What is it about lesbians liking that dyke cut Lisa got? I've never seen how that's an attractive look for a woman.

Because it segues perfectly into a mullet. All they hafta do is keep getting the sides trimmed!

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: June 01, 2008, 06:29:13 PM

What is it about lesbians liking that dyke cut Lisa got? I've never seen how that's an attractive look for a woman.

Well, you're not a dyke are you?

i don't get the stuff about Dale and women. I don't care how many women there are. I'll be utterly shocked if Richard doesn't win. He hasn't shone in the past few challenges becuase they haven't been his forte, but he's excellent and in the final he'll have a chance to do what he wants.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #121 on: June 02, 2008, 08:43:17 AM

What is it about lesbians liking that dyke cut Lisa got? I've never seen how that's an attractive look for a woman.

Well, you're not a dyke are you?

I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: June 04, 2008, 08:00:02 PM

And bitch-face survives again.

She really has the worst attitude - expects everyone to be nice to her while she is a total ass.

I almost hope she wins though. That would be awesome.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #123 on: June 05, 2008, 06:37:24 AM

GODDAMNIT. Lisa is such an unlikeable twat-face. I've hated contestants in the past (Hung, Marcel) but at least those two were you know, good chefs. She has TOTALLY coasted, is a shit chef in comparison to at least half the other contestants on the show, and continues to prove just how odious one person can be. The "you could have congratulated me" shit... seriously, WHAT THE FUCK? Congratulated you on BEING 3RD FUCKING PLACE AND NOT COCKING UP AS BAD AS THE OTHER ONE? Jesus, shut the fuck up already. You smell funny and nobody likes you because you are a cunt. You don't deserve to be there. You have coasted worse than any contestant on the show ever. Did you ever even win ONE FUCKING CHALLENGE? EVER?

If that bitch wins, I'm not sure I'll be able to stomach another season. I probably will because I'm a whiny bitch, but still. She should never have gotten past like episode 4.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #124 on: June 05, 2008, 07:11:43 AM

She can't possibly win.  CAN'T.  POSSIBLY. 

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: June 05, 2008, 08:17:22 AM

The awesome part about last night's show:

Lisa had almost managed to change my opinion of her,  before the spiel at the end. 

The haircut suits her, and presentation wise she looked more relaxed and presentable.  Most of the season she was tense and overly defensive.

She got along with Andrew pretty well, despite past incidents.

At Judge's table she was gracious, positive, and complimented the winners' dishes while supporting her own,  rather than attacking the judges or lashing out at other contestants.

Antonia definitely appeared to be the one who deserved to go home.  She was a mess,  and I really don't think Nikki was a very good support for her.  If Antonia had gotten someone like Jenn (who should have been around longer than she was),  she might have been able to pull it together.

Both Richard and Stephanie pulled classic stunts for them. 

Richard had some inspired cooking,  and presented the dishes well mixing his own take with the challenge.

Stephanie had a major foul up,  and did some inspired improv.  For as tense as she can appear,  she can really pull great things together.  Dale is a good chef, but the dude is just scatterbrained.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #126 on: June 05, 2008, 11:03:35 AM

Dale is a good chef, but the dude is just scatterbrained...

when he's not working on his own stuff.

He really works best alone, I think. When he's working on team challenges, he gets too involved in fixing what other people do on top of his own work.

schild
Administrator

Reply #127 on: June 05, 2008, 11:29:29 AM

Dale is a good chef, but the dude is just scatterbrained...

when he's not working on his own stuff.

He really works best alone, I think. When he's working on team challenges, he gets too involved in fixing what other people do on top of his own work.

I don't even care about this season anymore, but I just want to point out he won both times he teamed up with Blaise. They were unstoppable. No one even compared. That's why we wanted to see them 1v1.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #128 on: June 05, 2008, 01:04:37 PM

Yes, you are correct. I guess when you team up with the top chef, you really don't have to worry about what he's doing.

Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #129 on: June 05, 2008, 06:37:47 PM

And Blaise will win!

(Antonio sucks and was never ever going to win)

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: June 06, 2008, 05:59:38 PM

She's really good at being a bitch, but I don't think anyone was more surprised than Lisa that she wasn't out.

Nice challenge, I approve.

Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #131 on: June 06, 2008, 09:32:23 PM

Lisa is officially the Hillary of Top Chef.

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
schild
Administrator

Reply #132 on: June 06, 2008, 11:29:14 PM

Yea, but unlike Hillary, I want Lisa to cry like a 7 year old girl.
Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #133 on: June 12, 2008, 02:22:24 AM

Hmm...I'm actually not surprised.

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #134 on: June 12, 2008, 11:08:26 AM

I wasn't all that surprised, either.  I like Stephanie.  I though Richard was going to win up until the last episode.  Stephanie just seemed to outshine him.  I was sorry to see him feel so bitter.  I bet bacon ice cream brought cheers from the F13 crowd!  I wonder what the Ben and Jerry's bacon ice cream will be called?  I bet they're working on one.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: June 12, 2008, 11:37:28 AM

The entire season was a failure of the "What have you done for me TODAY?" style of judging.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #136 on: June 12, 2008, 05:02:51 PM

Schild right now thinks Blaise won, let's see what he says after he finds out it was Stephanie!

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: June 12, 2008, 05:16:20 PM

Lisa just wasn't good enough. Richard choked. Reasonable result. I suspect we'll see Richard back in future seasons despite being more or less "third."

God, Lisa and the other woman were hot together.

I agree about the "today" comments, but the worst example of that continues to be Sam.

schild
Administrator

Reply #138 on: June 12, 2008, 06:28:37 PM

Schild right now thinks Blaise won, let's see what he says after he finds out it was Stephanie!

No, I didn't. You didn'tyell when the episode was over. So I assumed one of the women took it. It couldn't be Lisa because she's just a terrible human being. As such, it had to be Stephanie. Having seen all the final meals, Dale would've rocked their ass and I know for a fact Hung is sitting at home holding his head in shame.

Every other season of this show is doomed to be like Season 2. Elan, Stephanie. Get the fuck outta here.

Also, in any other season, undercooking leeks and delivering a shit dessert would've gotten you kicked to the curb.

Oh, and Lisa is Serek Dmart. Thinks the world of her shit and yet every single episode every other contestant and viewer thought she was just a psycho bitch.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 06:31:22 PM by schild »
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: June 12, 2008, 07:22:20 PM

Oh, and Lisa is Serek Dmart.

Heh, that is so true that it is frightening that I hadn't thought of it before you said it.

-H.L. Mencken
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Top Chef  
Jump to: