Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:15:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Darkfall "Released" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 101 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darkfall "Released"  (Read 935890 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #35 on: May 12, 2008, 11:16:00 AM

Oi!  You are a sick fuck!   ACK!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: May 12, 2008, 11:52:41 AM

my what do we have here?
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: May 12, 2008, 01:25:21 PM

That was tacky.  Even for f13.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: May 12, 2008, 01:47:15 PM

It's only tacky because its in MMOG. Have you seen politics or serial business lately?

That whole story enrages me.  swamp poop

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #39 on: May 12, 2008, 02:40:35 PM

Cause they are gonna die anyway.

Um they will?  Horizons, shadowbane, and a lot of others prove otherwise.

Anything I could have responded with doesn't matter now with that previous picture post.

Oi. God even my other statements would have just sounded bad.

So forget it.

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: May 12, 2008, 03:45:05 PM

It's only tacky because its in MMOG. Have you seen politics or serial business lately?
Half my posts are there.  As I said, even for f13...

schild
Administrator

Reply #41 on: May 12, 2008, 03:46:36 PM

I think the moratorium on Schiavo jokes was lifted like a year ago. I mean really, people, it's offensive? REALLY?

Internet.

Once more:

Internet.

It is, however, a pretty apt comparison to shitty MMOGs.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: May 12, 2008, 03:58:01 PM

Well played.
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #43 on: May 12, 2008, 10:06:27 PM

I just keep hearing the teacher from Charlie Brown.

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #44 on: May 15, 2008, 06:26:44 AM

That was d4rkj3di's best post ever.  And I don't even mean that in a left-handed insulting sort of way.  It was well-played indeed.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
mutantmagnet

Email
Reply #45 on: August 28, 2008, 04:39:48 PM

this guy looks legit All the credit goes to Shaar for finding this bit of news.

It looks like Darkfall will go into beta in October because they signed a deal with a company by the name of AudioVisual to release the game in 50 countries and there will be a "pilot program" in October. i believe the devs said they wanted their beta to be brief (but I maybe confusing them with the devs making Mortal Online). If so the game will release in November.

I'm personally itching to play warhammer after learning so much about it this past month but I'll forget about if Aventurine makes an official announcement before the time I expect to purchase the game.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 28, 2008, 04:44:09 PM

mutantmagnet

Email
Reply #47 on: August 28, 2008, 04:50:17 PM

croaker69
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 28, 2008, 05:43:06 PM

Ok, I laughed.

What may at first appear to be an insurmountable obstacle will in time be seen for what it really is: an impenetrable barrier.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #49 on: August 28, 2008, 06:20:47 PM

They announced that AudioVisual thingy some time ago.  I just reckoned it was a ruse to get some money out of some brain dead investor with more dollars than sense. 

Oh, and:

LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: August 29, 2008, 01:32:38 PM

Looks like they just opened beta sign ups for the 100th time.

http://beta.darkfallonline.com

Along with a new video:

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=64217

150mb h.264 version:

http://files.filefront.com/df+gameplaymp4/;11651620;/fileinfo.html
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 03:12:57 PM by LC »
mutantmagnet

Email
Reply #51 on: August 29, 2008, 01:36:17 PM

Damn you LC you beat me to it. Now I have to edit my post by saying McCain just picked Palin as his VP.  ACK!

I've never seen a calculated move so stupid and brilliant at the same time.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 01:38:43 PM by mutantmagnet »
schild
Administrator

Reply #52 on: August 29, 2008, 01:45:55 PM

I got all you fuckers beat.

Welcome, schild.
You last visited: 12-13-2004 at 04:46 AM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 1.

Oh, I got a private message 4 years ago? What was it?

Blade
1000+
Long term follower
Flaming and insulting personally boardmembers isnt allowed here, so please refrain from doing so, im deleting the part where you call Uzik a Moron from your post, if it repeats ill bann you for a while ok?

Thnx and have fun

Hmmm. Moron? That doesn't sound like me. I'm more creative.

Forums must've been wiped. Can't find the post. Unless I only made one post and it was only "Moron."

View Who's Online     
Most users ever online was 1,471, Today at 08:40 PM.

Holy crap. You can sell anything in this industry. Wow. The lead guys on this project are some cool cats though, so best of luck to them.
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 29, 2008, 02:26:33 PM

If you saw their last video you can skip ahead to 12:30 in this one. Some of the stuff after 12:30 looks pretty cool.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #54 on: August 29, 2008, 05:09:48 PM

The archers at around 1:50 look like members of the Village People.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: August 29, 2008, 05:15:53 PM

Everything about Darkfall looks good, and sounds good.  I'm not worried about that, but I am terrified at how it will play out when it goes live.  I don't want another Shadowbane, I want a PvP+ MMO to succeed.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #56 on: August 29, 2008, 05:43:47 PM

I'm not gonna lie, those floating battle tank things are pretty rad.

I think it's cute how when the wall or building disappears due to damage, the people standing on it just kind of fall out of the air.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #57 on: August 29, 2008, 09:34:56 PM

Is it just me, or does it look like a spanking paddle is an official weapon in Darkfall?

Good trailer.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #58 on: August 30, 2008, 03:13:19 AM

Is it just me, or does it look like a spanking paddle is an official weapon in Darkfall?

And yet, I'm fairly certain there will be an altogether different kind of butthurt when this is all said and done. 

Zing?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #59 on: August 30, 2008, 06:52:46 AM

You guys should start a fanzine.  Really.  Except for Schildy.  He is the anti-fan.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #60 on: August 30, 2008, 07:39:21 AM

You guys should start a fanzine.  Really.  Except for Schildy.  He is the anti-fan.

We shall call it Darkfallen, because we have fallen in love with Darkfall. We'll spend months talking about how Darkfall will revolutionise the MMO genre, is finally PvP done right, on how it will avoid all of the pitfalls of earlier MMOs based solely on information provided by the devs and justify how spending 8 years on the title was necessary in order for it to achieve true greatness.

Then, when Darkfall launches and isn't raptor-riding robot jesus, we will at first deny that Darkfall isn't what we dreamed it to be in our heads, then turn in a feeding frenzy on everything associated with Darkfall and its developers. How dare they deny us what they promised! How the lying lies those liars told us scarred us! How dare they sacrifice the vision of Darkfall to the altar of WoW in order to make something grubby like money when they could have been making pure gaming heaven! We will then spend the next five years talking about what Darkfall could have been, if only they'd got it right like they promised us ...

Truly, it would be a wild and crazy ride.

But, you know, I'm already stalking Cryptic's past and future output. Someone else will have to take up the challenge.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: August 30, 2008, 09:00:02 AM

I have to say it. Graphics aside. That combat looks fun. And boats, and land boats, and castles that go "boomb".

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: August 30, 2008, 09:12:39 AM

We shall call it Darkfallen, because we have fallen in love with Darkfall. We'll spend months talking about how Darkfall will revolutionise the MMO genre, is finally PvP done right, on how it will avoid all of the pitfalls of earlier MMOs based solely on information provided by the devs and justify how spending 8 years on the title was necessary in order for it to achieve true greatness.

Then, when Darkfall launches and isn't raptor-riding robot jesus, we will at first deny that Darkfall isn't what we dreamed it to be in our heads, then turn in a feeding frenzy on everything associated with Darkfall and its developers. How dare they deny us what they promised! How the lying lies those liars told us scarred us! How dare they sacrifice the vision of Darkfall to the altar of WoW in order to make something grubby like money when they could have been making pure gaming heaven! We will then spend the next five years talking about what Darkfall could have been, if only they'd got it right like they promised us ...

But, you know, I'm already stalking Cryptic's past and future output. Someone else will have to take up the challenge.

I'm sorry, didn't you get your fill of the Vanguard forum edition? You should be able to spot a steaming pile of shit from a mile away now.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #63 on: August 30, 2008, 10:26:36 AM

I'm sorry, didn't you get your fill of the Vanguard forum edition? You should be able to spot a steaming pile of shit from a mile away now.

Apparently I needed to add more green.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: August 30, 2008, 11:25:16 AM

I have to say it. Graphics aside. That combat looks fun. And boats, and land boats, and castles that go "boomb".

What Castle? Something from that video or another one?

I ask because the video from above looks like more of the same, like WAR2 or something, or WAR if it began development last year. I swear, it's probably my age, but all these videos look the same to me these days. The only thing I learned from the one above is that it appears there's some sort of collision detection in the game. That would be cool except like other MMOs, the world is so Unreal-like oversized that blocking anything matters for nothing.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #65 on: August 30, 2008, 12:18:53 PM

Apparently I needed to add more green.

It looked pretty green to me!

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: August 30, 2008, 03:39:00 PM

The archers at around 1:50 look like members of the Village People.
Y - M - C - A - A - ARROOOOWS!

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: August 30, 2008, 03:43:54 PM

Video looks nice and all, and while it did appear to be in-game, I don't think it was an indication of actual gameplay.  They seemed to have some sort of god mode going during a lot of the scenes, except the melee parts, where it was 2 to 3 hits, and splat.

The biggest concern I had after watching the video was whether or not the last scene was scripted, or not.  I'm pretty sure it was, but I've learned never to underestimate the stupidity of MMO developers.  If they did include 1 hit kills, in a game with full loot, then they're just doomed.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #68 on: August 30, 2008, 03:45:44 PM

WAR2
Did you even watch it? It's Shadowbane with vehicles.

"Me am play gods"
krazyk
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: August 30, 2008, 04:51:56 PM

Video looks nice and all, and while it did appear to be in-game, I don't think it was an indication of actual gameplay.  They seemed to have some sort of god mode going during a lot of the scenes, except the melee parts, where it was 2 to 3 hits, and splat.

The biggest concern I had after watching the video was whether or not the last scene was scripted, or not.  I'm pretty sure it was, but I've learned never to underestimate the stupidity of MMO developers.  If they did include 1 hit kills, in a game with full loot, then they're just doomed.

The guy was running away. It could be if your back is to the enemy you take a lot more damage (makes sense). I'm pretty sure they take into account things like momentum (jumping off a wall etc.) or if you attack from a higher position than your enemy you do more damage, it's not too far of a stretch to think if you run like a pussy you will get your head lopped off.

Overall the trailer looked good to me. All I care about is the gameplay and while the animations sucked they won't detract from the game if it is fun. Everyone I showed the trailer to so far has been impressed with the gameplay.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 101 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Darkfall "Released"  
Jump to: