Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:17:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Goalline Blitz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goalline Blitz  (Read 166059 times)
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #595 on: October 22, 2008, 07:12:13 AM

I handed over GM, OC, and DC duties before the season, so I did what I could to avoid autopilot.

Unless they've added a REFUND button I'm unaware of, the FP will just rot there if I don't use it to renew the team.  The offer stands!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #596 on: October 22, 2008, 09:00:56 AM

Thanks for all of your efforts, Sauced. 

So much wasted potential in this game...   Heartbreak

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
kidder
Terracotta Army

Reply #597 on: October 22, 2008, 09:57:24 AM

I did say autopilot...just because I haven't seen anything on the team forums about any kind of strategy.  I check my players before and after each game, but I'm not boosting anymore.  My other teams tell the players how to set their tactics for each game...one of them is actively recruiting players to upgrade all positions throughout the season.(which bothers me when they keep adding players at my position. LOL)  They bring in higher and higher level players...because there is no level cap at all, so you HAVE to get the highest level players with good builds to stay competitive.

I'll stay active on CC, but without boosting I think CC will just lose more and more games.

Kidder
-I read forums.  Dur!
Bokonon
Terracotta Army

Reply #598 on: October 22, 2008, 06:16:57 PM

Sauced, I don't know how often you check your GLB mail anymore, but could you redo Long Snappa's contract to end on day 40 this season instead of Day 2 next season? There's another team interested in him.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #599 on: October 24, 2008, 05:46:52 PM

Personally, I fooled around with some of the defensive stuff, adding odd blitzes and such, changing coverage here and there...

But, to do this game right just takes FAR more time than I am willing to put into it. I'd rather troll forums here, do my fantasy teams for a few minutes here and there, and use my 360 or play EQ2 with friends.

Oh, and DnD 4th ed takes up a lot of my time each week. I'm REALLY eating my words with that one. Thankfully, no one I play with has called me on it.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #600 on: October 24, 2008, 07:53:29 PM

Ah, you're the reason my LB finally got a sack.  In his 4th season.  First sack.  Le sigh.
Strazos

Reply #601 on: October 25, 2008, 06:54:28 AM

O rly?

I'll have to log in and see...that was one of my goals. I''ve seen it done in other leagues, so I was sick of our LBs doing not a whole lot in pass rushing.

Also, I tossed in a few corner/safety blitzes, because I think they're awesome fun. DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #602 on: October 27, 2008, 09:34:39 AM

Straz or whoever, can you please pm shadowmane (a GM on the team Viin and I'm on)? He's interested in Crush and Cholly and wants to dump some players. They're only A and probably too low level, though. If you don't want to dick around with it, can you cut my two guys? Thanks. Want to squeeze a little more life out of this diversion.
Strazos

Reply #603 on: October 27, 2008, 05:29:32 PM

Speaking of which, anyone want my account? I have 3 solid players, and some FP left.

Fear the Backstab!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #604 on: October 27, 2008, 08:40:33 PM

I'm just hanging by a thread myself.  I've been updating and such just so I wouldn't drag the team down. 

Maybe it's time for someone to call the time of death for this game.  We can pull up the sheet and move on.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #605 on: October 28, 2008, 01:10:47 PM

Sky, feel free to tell that guy make trade offers.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #606 on: October 28, 2008, 01:25:20 PM

Thanks for taking the time to look at the offers. I hope this guy sticks with it for a bit, especially now that the team owner is back from Iraq. If not, I'm probably done with GLB, too. No interest in dicking around with the FA marketplace.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #607 on: October 28, 2008, 01:27:22 PM

Realizing that the training points were capped at 14, and that even if I wanted to try all my players are gimped for their level because of it, put a fork in it for me.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #608 on: October 28, 2008, 01:57:56 PM

Wait what? You can only accrue 14 training points, or you can only spend 14 training points per level? I haven't checked back much since then, so I'm sure my guys have at least that much training. Either way, it's  swamp poop

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #609 on: October 28, 2008, 02:44:44 PM

If you don't spend them, it caps at 14, and you don't get anymore. 

As far as I can tell.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #610 on: October 28, 2008, 02:48:44 PM

If you don't spend them, it caps at 14, and you don't get anymore. 

As far as I can tell.

Brilliant mechanic... more clownshoes. 

I weep for the lost potential. 

-  Mark Twain
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #611 on: October 31, 2008, 06:48:28 AM

What's the status of the trades to the Blood Knights? I think they could also use Strazos' LB.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #612 on: October 31, 2008, 09:24:21 AM

I'll log in and check on that.  I'm not planning on reupping the team, so any thing you need from me make it fast.  I'm ready to wash my hands of it.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 09:25:58 AM by Sauced »
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #613 on: October 31, 2008, 09:54:56 AM

Ok, msg sent to Evo. Hopefully he'll get in touch and I can stop bugging you about this game :)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #614 on: October 31, 2008, 10:06:31 AM

So, is the team dissolving after this season?  Should I be looking for another team?

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #615 on: October 31, 2008, 10:08:18 AM

I can't even bring myself to log in.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #616 on: October 31, 2008, 11:17:02 AM

So, is the team dissolving after this season?  Should I be looking for another team?
My guys are all moving over here, the team Viin mentioned for my WR earlier in the thread. They've got a couple active guys coaching and setting stuff up, so it's extending the thing a little while. Get in touch with the owner because they're working on trades right now. A few more guys from CC would make them a heck of a team.

Going to miss JP and Olaf, though. Power offense, we've been spoiled :)
Strazos

Reply #617 on: October 31, 2008, 04:41:27 PM

I won't miss seeing my ROLB get hung up on a OT while he's also blocking our number 1 DE.

Fear the Backstab!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #618 on: November 03, 2008, 06:21:06 AM

Actually, if anyone else wants strazos' account, lemme know. I'm done with GLB as of today.

I logged in to find out the team owner who had been all about building a great team, especially after I brought him 4 good players, was going to 'slow build' a team (start from lvl 1 and don't spend SPs till you hit the cap naturally). So he's trading everyone away for cash, found my WR on some shitball team.

Fuck that guy, and fuck this game. Done.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #619 on: November 04, 2008, 07:15:25 AM

So this debacle (in a game I don't really even give a shit about) has restored my faith in the shittiness of humanity. Whenever I get involved in any non-f13 endeavour, it ends up like this. Now the guy isn't releasing players so they can find teams before next season, he's holding everyone hostage to make a few million bucks. And they'll be moved to whatever team he decides to deal with.

All is normal, I hate online people again.
Strazos

Reply #620 on: November 04, 2008, 08:42:33 AM

I hope they get a good deal for my ROLB.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

And then go inactive, just to screw them.

Fear the Backstab!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #621 on: November 04, 2008, 08:47:13 AM

So this debacle (in a game I don't really even give a shit about) has restored my faith in the shittiness of humanity. Whenever I get involved in any non-f13 endeavour, it ends up like this. Now the guy isn't releasing players so they can find teams before next season, he's holding everyone hostage to make a few million bucks. And they'll be moved to whatever team he decides to deal with.

All is normal, I hate online people again.

I'd say that it's time to retire.

-  Mark Twain
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #622 on: November 04, 2008, 08:50:33 AM

I'd say that it's time to retire.
Yeah, way ahead of you, hoss :) But:

Sorry, but you cannot retire a player while he is under contract with a human controlled team. You must get your manager to release you or trade you to a CPU team first.
:(

Straz: they never picked up any of your guys.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #623 on: November 04, 2008, 10:12:45 AM

Sorry, but you cannot retire a player while he is under contract with a human controlled team. You must get your manager to release you or trade you to a CPU team first.

Damn.... I guess it makes sense to keep that in game, but damn.

As soon as I get released, I think I'm going to call it.  The game was pretty fun the first few seasons.  I appreciate the effort you guys put into this and thank you for letting me tag along.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 10:15:48 AM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #624 on: November 04, 2008, 12:34:57 PM

Yeah, thanks to the owners and GMs. Too bad the ultimate BiiF score is "Clownshoes."
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #625 on: November 04, 2008, 12:56:34 PM

Someone move this thread to the Graveyard.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #626 on: January 08, 2009, 06:47:30 AM

One necromantic comment, because my guys have been sitting on a decent team with possibly the worst playcalling ever. I've been trying to see if these guys could turn it around and learn the system. Nice couple minutes worth of diversion every few days.

With the new season, people who boost boosted. I had a couple left in the tank, so I boosted one of my guys a couple. And this is where the utter genius (or shittiness) of the game comes out. Beyond the massive grief factor, of course. I know we've talked about it, but I just want to underscore for posterity: If you don't plan on spending money on this game, don't bother.

I finally did some numbers to it, and once you're xp capped per game (at 100, maybe level 30?), you earn 75xp/day and level 2.4 times per season. People who boost will earn 168.75xp/day for 5.4 levels/season. Add in people who game the system, and it's useless to bother. Even as a free diversion, the fun wore thin before this thread was over. For some reason I keep an eye on it, like that stupid KotOR2 mod that will never come out.
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #627 on: January 08, 2009, 04:34:54 PM

This thread is awesome.  I'd never heard of the game until I started reading it (which is weird. . multiplayer online football is right in my sweet spot), so it managed to compress the entire gaming disillusionment arc into a tidy 15 minutes.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS"What's this, a football MMO RPG?  I just had an orgasm!"
 Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?"Wow, people are leveling up!  Playing with friends! The potential is incredible!"
 awesome, for real"Oh, some catasses are kind of ruining it, but let's just ignore them"
 Ohhhhh, I see."Oh, there's a lot of catasses and you need to pay cash to be competitive.  Well, maybe you can just stay in lower leagues"
 ACK!"Oh, they're fucking up all the leagues"
 swamp poop"Oh, everyone is an idiot and the game is ruined"
 sad"I wasted my money on a stupid game"
 cry"I am hatred"

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #628 on: January 11, 2009, 01:04:02 AM

Indeed, what an enlightening read!  smiley
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Goalline Blitz  
Jump to: