Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:13:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Wolverine and the X-Men 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wolverine and the X-Men  (Read 9131 times)
HAMMER FRENZY
Contributor

on: May 08, 2008, 05:58:00 AM

My Face... Rocked...Can't stop talking...Like this....  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=11491

My Genesis games... LET ME SHOW YOU THEM!
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 08:26:45 AM

I don't know what to think.  The title is stupid.  Saw lots of secondary characters I like.  Not nearly enough Nightcrawler.  The animation looked good.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 08:30:50 AM

I can never get enough of Magneto referencing Wolverines metal bones. It's always so great. Ohhhhh, I see.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 11:39:36 AM

Ok, that looks pretty good. The inclusion of a shitton of minor and major characters is a never a bad thing, and the style doesn't bother me too bad. The only issue I have is with the obvious casting of Wolverine as the leader. That's just not right.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 12:42:37 PM

That actually does look good, even for someone who's not into it. However, it also is very reminiscent of X:Men 3 imho.

And "A War is Coming"? Really? For how freakin' long have they been saying that now?!

I did like the prevent-the-future angle though.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 01:55:37 PM

The storyline isn't all that new.  It looks like a retelling of the old Sentinels stuff and the "Days of Future Past".  (Thanks Wikipediea!  I couldn't remember the exact info.)  Mojo and Spiral were shown, which ties into Rachel Summers and the alternate future the X-Men will work towards preventing.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 11:35:08 PM

Prof. X will be playing zordon in the next power rangers movie it seems.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 11:55:25 PM

I'm kind of tired both of Wolverine and X-Men recycling the same plots for the last 20 years.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
HAMMER FRENZY
Contributor

Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 05:48:47 AM

Margalis: Amen to that shit. I think that this looks good, but the story seems rehashed. That, and I am totally tired of Wolverine.

My Genesis games... LET ME SHOW YOU THEM!
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 12:31:20 AM

Prof. X will be playing zordon in the next power rangers movie it seems.

I know that floating head looks damn familiar but I couldn't really quite put it Heheh. Good catch!

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 01:12:13 AM

That looks alright, actually.

Also, is the woman in white Emma Frost aka The White Queen? I thought the whole Hellfire Club lot were ebil villans? Then again, I haven't read Marvel in many years now...

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #11 on: June 04, 2008, 01:18:24 AM

That looks alright, actually.

Also, is the woman in white Emma Frost aka The White Queen? I thought the whole Hellfire Club lot were ebil villans? Then again, I haven't read Marvel in many years now...

Emma Frost first joined up with the X-Men when she was co-leader of Generation X with Banshee.  More recently she became a full member of the X-men in Morrison's run on New X-Men (not to be confused with the later New Mutants reboot of the same name), and has had proiment roles in Whedon's recently concluded 25 issue run of Astonishing X-Men, and Brubaker's current run on Uncanny.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 01:07:08 AM

Hm.

Back when I was reading, the only X-Men around were Uncanny. There was also X-Factor, which was the reformed originals, until Angel became Archangel. The New Mutants, and Excalibur. Wolverine also had his own series beyond the 4-or-6 part limited one, though it was in it's first 10 or 30 or so issues.

Generation X, New X-Men, Astonishing X-Men are all news to me...

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 01:17:45 AM

Hm.

Back when I was reading, the only X-Men around were Uncanny. There was also X-Factor, which was the reformed originals, until Angel became Archangel. The New Mutants, and Excalibur. Wolverine also had his own series beyond the 4-or-6 part limited one, though it was in it's first 10 or 30 or so issues.

Generation X, New X-Men, Astonishing X-Men are all news to me...

2 out of 3 of those are worth reading.
Arnold
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 15, 2008, 10:13:09 PM

Ok, that looks pretty good. The inclusion of a shitton of minor and major characters is a never a bad thing, and the style doesn't bother me too bad. The only issue I have is with the obvious casting of Wolverine as the leader. That's just not right.

Eh, I seem to remember Wolverine being the leader of the X-Men for a period, while Prof-X and Storm were MIA in the comics.  Hell, even Magneto led the X-Men for a while.
Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 01:27:36 AM

very reminiscent of X:Men 3

THIS IS NEVER GOOD!

God, I hated that fucking movie. 

I'm hoping for something more like Age of Apocalypse.

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 12:15:42 AM

In other cartoon/comic related news, Warren Ellis is going to be doing a bunch of short G.I. Joe cartoons.

The G.I. Joe Websites are all abuzz about G.I. Joe: Resolute, a series of ten 5-minute cartoon episodes with a 10-minute conclusion.  Each episode is self-contained, but there is also an overall story arc. These short cartoons, which are targeted at adults, have a distinctly Vertigo flavor since they were written by veteran comic writer Warren Ellis and based on character designs by 100 Bullets cover artist Dave Johnson.  In this series, which is rated "PG-13," the guns shoot bullets, not lasers and there are real consequences.  Although there isn’t a lot of blood there is lots violence and a hint that major “characters may die.”

The G.I. Joe: Resolute cartoons will debut as Webisodes on the Hasbro Website early next year. Hasbro is also hoping to place the G.I. Joe: Resolute shorts on the Cartoon Network and then release them on DVD.  In addition to releasing a DVD, Hasbro is planning a toy series based on the G.I. Joe: Resolute cartoons. 

One of the five-minute shorts in which Snake Eyes saves Duke and Roadblock from a Cobra ambush was shown at the recently concluded 2008 JoeCon, and it got rave reviews from diehard fans such as those at the hisstank.com Website who reported: “It really was what you’ve been waiting for all these years.  As they described it in the panel, while you were playing with these toys as a kid, or even watching the shows and reading the comics back then, what we saw today is what we thought we saw back then. And it's what we expect, and that’s why the new versions of the old stuff don't play with us now. But, this new direction, PG-13 based adult themed entertainment, should fill that gap.”

If the G.I. Joe: Resolute cartoons are successful, Hasbro has plans to do something similar for the Transformers.  Given the interest in properties like G.I. Joe and Transformers from older collectors it just makes sense that Hasbro address the interests of this older audience in animation as it has in producing sophisticated toys that target collectors rather than kids.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Wolverine and the X-Men  
Jump to: