Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:11:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Awesome Pictures Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Awesome Pictures Thread  (Read 2873817 times)
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #11235 on: July 22, 2019, 02:06:31 AM

Volcano again. The Etna eruption created something that looks like a Lava Phoenix:

Pretty nice.  Heart

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #11236 on: July 22, 2019, 09:32:22 AM

King's Landing really should have rang those bells earlier...

awesome, for real
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #11237 on: July 22, 2019, 11:10:09 PM

more like Rodan dropping by for a visit.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #11238 on: July 29, 2019, 01:00:49 AM

'Cat walking away from a volcanic eruption'
via William Gibson on Twitter
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 01:02:52 AM by Tale »
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #11239 on: August 02, 2019, 05:48:40 PM

4 years of awesome pictures to catch up on it and it didn't even take an hour.

Fucking slackers.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #11240 on: August 05, 2019, 06:50:17 AM

I like how you signed your post
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #11241 on: August 07, 2019, 03:27:05 AM

Needs more pics of Dog and hot girlfriend.

Hic sunt dracones.
justdave
Terracotta Army

Reply #11242 on: August 07, 2019, 12:36:44 PM

No shark, 7/10.

"They started to resist with a crust that was welded with human brain and willpower."
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #11243 on: August 08, 2019, 10:58:15 PM

Needs more pics of Dog and hot girlfriend.

Dog(s) and hot wife now.

Einstein got a little brother, Newton.

Newton is an asshole.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #11244 on: August 08, 2019, 11:01:49 PM

Your dogs  Heart

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #11245 on: August 09, 2019, 01:17:59 AM

Correction (as a fellow Corgi-dad): "lovable asshole"

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #11246 on: August 10, 2019, 12:24:32 PM

Your dogs are super cute!

First leaks from the new Fallout Achinsk:

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #11247 on: August 14, 2019, 06:33:31 PM

Hic sunt dracones.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #11248 on: August 15, 2019, 08:24:18 AM

ACK!

Is that from a zoo in some Asian country that doesn't have the concept of liability so they just throw you in with the animals and figure it's survival of the fittest?

Whenever I've seen bison they've been behind multiple layers of electric fence.  They're fucking huge and easily annoyed.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #11249 on: August 15, 2019, 09:46:48 AM

I have sorta reached the point where, if people by their own accord choose to get close to obviously dangerous animals, then fuck em.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #11250 on: August 15, 2019, 09:50:58 AM

ACK!

Is that from a zoo in some Asian country that doesn't have the concept of liability so they just throw you in with the animals and figure it's survival of the fittest?

Whenever I've seen bison they've been behind multiple layers of electric fence.  They're fucking huge and easily annoyed.

Really? You can get into a similar situation in Elk Island Park in Alberta. I've come across bison, wolves, elk, bears while hiking. I've gotten charged at a couple times. It actually isn't that threatening if you aren't a complete moron.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #11251 on: August 15, 2019, 09:52:28 AM

No idea where that is, I just ran across it looking at random stuff.

Looking at it several dosent times, it seems to have been the girl withthe checkered shirt that set the Bison off after taking a photo. Whats the betting she used a flash for whatever godforsaken reason?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 09:58:49 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #11252 on: August 15, 2019, 10:22:54 AM

It actually isn't that threatening if you aren't a complete moron.

Yes, but most of the population is a complete moron, which is why we have the concept of legal liability for morons being able to do dangerous things.   awesome, for real

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #11253 on: August 15, 2019, 03:43:08 PM

That could just be anywhere in Yellowstone National Park. They are all over the place.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #11254 on: August 15, 2019, 06:58:33 PM

That's Yellowstone for sure--those are the walkways they have in the geothermally active areas.

Where there are bison every fucking where. Tons of them. People frequently get too close to them because they seem like big placid cows, and just as frequently, people get hurt by them because they're giant wild animals with a short temper.

For the most part tourists in Yellowstone at least know not to fuck with grizzly bears and wolves. But there's multiple incidents every year with bison and elk due to dummies getting too close. A little girl just got badly hurt the other day because of it.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #11255 on: August 15, 2019, 07:42:56 PM

Looking at it several dosent times, it seems to have been the girl withthe checkered shirt that set the Bison off after taking a photo. Whats the betting she used a flash for whatever godforsaken reason?

Nah, blue shirt guy was already running from the right. He already thought it was going to charge him (and it did head for the place where he had been).
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #11256 on: August 16, 2019, 10:20:31 AM

That's Yellowstone for sure--those are the walkways they have in the geothermally active areas.

Where there are bison every fucking where. Tons of them. People frequently get too close to them because they seem like big placid cows, and just as frequently, people get hurt by them because they're giant wild animals with a short temper.

For the most part tourists in Yellowstone at least know not to fuck with grizzly bears and wolves. But there's multiple incidents every year with bison and elk due to dummies getting too close. A little girl just got badly hurt the other day because of it.

To be fair to bison, even "big placid cows" can become "giant wild animals with a short temper" pretty dang quick.

And that catches people by surprise too. Even in literature -- I've read otherwise smart science fiction writers who succumbed to the trope that "Herbivores must be pacifists by nature!"
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #11257 on: August 16, 2019, 10:46:06 AM

Those are what we in the trade actually call “unsmart” science fiction writers.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #11258 on: August 16, 2019, 05:16:07 PM

To be fair to bison, even "big placid cows" can become "giant wild animals with a short temper" pretty dang quick.

And that catches people by surprise too. Even in literature -- I've read otherwise smart science fiction writers who succumbed to the trope that "Herbivores must be pacifists by nature!"

Ya I was seriously threatened by one of my mom's cattle a couple of months back when we were trying to move them from one field to another. Was seriously ready to charge me, and would have if I hadnt backed off and left it alone to calm down.

One of the stories of the Beast of Gevudan was that it tried to attack a Farmer and his herd of cows drove it off.

Hic sunt dracones.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #11259 on: August 16, 2019, 11:51:11 PM

I got bitten by a cow once.

It didn't break the skin but I got badly grazed.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #11260 on: August 17, 2019, 12:17:48 AM

Going back to that picture above that Cal posted of Russia exploding.  FYI, if you ever see an explosion that big, even from that distance, you really need to take cover instead of standing there watching it (tempting as it may be).  Even that far, I'm pretty sure those people are still within the range of random bits of concrete, trees, and Russian soldiers to come crashing down on.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #11261 on: August 17, 2019, 08:48:05 AM

The ‘splosion picture puts me in mind of the scene in “Chernobyl” with all the spectators with their families  ACK!

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #11262 on: August 17, 2019, 09:25:21 AM

The ‘splosion picture puts me in mind of the scene in “Chernobyl” with all the spectators with their families  ACK!

The Chernobyl disaster happened in the last week of April. Less than a week later the city of Kyiv went ahead with the annual May Day parade down Kreschatyk, thousands of schoolchildren marched or spectated under the fallout cloud for several hours.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #11263 on: August 17, 2019, 10:48:45 AM

Going back to that picture above that Cal posted of Russia exploding.  FYI, if you ever see an explosion that big, even from that distance, you really need to take cover instead of standing there watching it (tempting as it may be).  Even that far, I'm pretty sure those people are still within the range of random bits of concrete, trees, and Russian soldiers to come crashing down on.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #11264 on: August 18, 2019, 12:56:40 AM

Heh, yeah, exactly.  In the recent counter threat training I had to go through (week long class they make us take to practice how not to die in various situations overseas) they showed us some fun videos from Iraq.  Good one was of a group of soldiers standing on a balcony watching as some massive bomb blast went off in the city nearby, and a giant hunk of concrete comes flying in and smashes the wall just above their heads.  Can't seem to find it through google.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #11265 on: August 19, 2019, 02:32:22 AM

Good news on that is that none of those people died because of it. Wind patterns on the day meant that the fallout pretty much avoided the town, although I believe the documentary heavily implies that they did all die of cancer.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #11266 on: August 19, 2019, 12:11:16 PM

The scary Yellowstone story I heard was about someone who didn't obey the signs to stay on the walkways and purportedly fell through the crust somewhere in the Norris area.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #11267 on: August 19, 2019, 12:34:46 PM

Oh, you mean the dude who dissolved? Pretty fuckin wild. I don't care to look for it, but the story as reported was he and his sister went off trail to do some wild observation, he slipped and fell in a pool. Sister ran for help, by the time they got back the only thing found was his backpack. Soylent brown. Yum.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #11268 on: August 19, 2019, 12:39:40 PM

There are also the people who willingly jump into those pools thinking they are like a hot tub and boil to death.  ACK!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #11269 on: August 19, 2019, 12:57:26 PM

Hakuna Matata.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Awesome Pictures Thread  
Jump to: