Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:59:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Burning Region  |  Topic: Taking a break 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Taking a break  (Read 55568 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #70 on: April 10, 2008, 10:17:37 AM

DV, if I remember correctly, YOU were the one who flung the shit here via tubgirl.  In fact, you were always flinging shit around.  You have always been a mean man.  I don't like you.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
DV

Email
Reply #71 on: April 10, 2008, 11:06:16 AM

DV, if I remember correctly, YOU were the one who flung the shit here via tubgirl.  In fact, you were always flinging shit around.  You have always been a mean man.  I don't like you.

Heartbreak

Bring the noise.
Cheers.............
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #72 on: April 10, 2008, 11:11:50 AM

Don't make me feel guilty because you know I suck at hating people for long periods of time. 

Dammit.

schild
Administrator

Reply #73 on: April 10, 2008, 11:16:37 AM

Jesus, after 2 years, he still sounds like a bitch with a skinned knee.

What the fuck.

Deleted.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #74 on: April 10, 2008, 11:24:46 AM

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #75 on: April 15, 2008, 06:51:28 AM

Was he actually typing out that sig every time?
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #76 on: April 15, 2008, 08:11:49 AM

Yes, yes he was.

Bring the pumpernickel.
Jeers.........................
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #77 on: April 15, 2008, 08:43:43 AM

Been doing it for years.  By this point, I feel pretty sure he closes with that when has a conversation IRL.

Witty banter not included.
tkinnun0
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: April 15, 2008, 09:37:31 AM

He really should have quit while he was ahead.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #79 on: April 15, 2008, 12:04:58 PM

If by ahead, you mean a knob, then it's been too late for that for the years that I've known him.

tkinnun0
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: April 16, 2008, 12:53:16 AM

No, by ahead I mean his first post was pretty much thread over right there.
schild
Administrator

Reply #81 on: April 16, 2008, 01:08:38 AM

DV wouldn't know when to quit if someone said "quit now or I'll rip your fingernails out with pliers." In fact, it might have been one of his more charming traits.

Bring the Boise.
Potatoes............
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #82 on: April 16, 2008, 07:05:16 AM

No, by ahead I mean his first post was pretty much thread over right there.

Ah, okay.  I always confuse heads with knobs which is why I call the lot of you dick knobs all the time.  (in the nicest way possible!)

Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #83 on: April 16, 2008, 01:24:06 PM

I find it fascinating that if you apologize for offending anyone and just try to end an argument before it explodes into some kind of cross-forum flame war, that somehow means the other person "won".

Ah, internet.  awesome, for real

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
tkinnun0
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: April 17, 2008, 01:09:12 AM

There wasn't anything left to discuss after DV's first post; a fact you acknowledged as well. Hence thread over. DV had to re-register and you apologized for the emo-drama; trust me, nobody won anything.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #85 on: April 17, 2008, 10:19:53 AM

I think Xerapis won.  Of course, I love Xerapis and don't love Dark Knob, so I might be prejudiced. 

brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: April 18, 2008, 08:16:02 PM

DV wouldn't know when to quit if someone said "quit now or I'll rip your fingernails out with pliers." In fact, it might have been one of his more charming traits.

Bring the Boise.
Potatoes............

And again Hammy was right

Schild is a whiny bitch.

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #87 on: May 22, 2008, 04:46:29 AM

loldrama

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #88 on: May 31, 2008, 08:24:14 PM

Was it really necessary to drag thing thing up after it had a good month to sink it down into the depths of the forum?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #89 on: September 16, 2008, 08:43:27 PM

Was it really necessary to drag thing thing up after it had a good month to sink it down into the depths of the forum?

You think he got those 4000 posts all on fresh threads?

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #90 on: September 16, 2009, 05:29:26 PM

Was in two minds if I should post this or not, but figured a dead thread in a dead sub forum won't get much attention anyway.  Den or delete if you don't like.

I thought this was funny.

what boggles my mind is that you people actually liked having a forum that nobody posted in and are all pissed off that people are now making posts
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: September 16, 2009, 07:12:34 PM

I still have no idea what happened over there.  Kind of sad.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #92 on: September 16, 2009, 07:16:07 PM

I have no idea what any of this means! But it is sort of dramatic and entertaining nonetheless.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #93 on: September 16, 2009, 08:04:10 PM

I was banned from Corpnews at some point.  Though I never posted there.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Good times.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Gobbeldygook
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: September 16, 2009, 09:17:48 PM

I still have no idea what happened over there.  Kind of sad.
Rasputin's been cagey about it.  What I gathered is that the new posters are refugees from some deleted x-box forum.  They ain't got no home so Rasp said they could come crash at his place.  He hinted they were cast out of Penny-Arcade.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #95 on: September 16, 2009, 09:46:46 PM

Rasputin's been cagey about it.  What I gathered is that the new posters are refugees from some deleted x-box forum.  They ain't got no home so Rasp said they could come crash at his place.  He hinted they were cast out of Penny-Arcade.

How so? He announced them, apologized for them, etc. Its a dead forum. Good for Rasp.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #96 on: September 16, 2009, 10:52:44 PM

At least it's good to know that DV is still inviting all comers to bring the noise, with a cheers tossed in to sweeten the offer.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #97 on: September 17, 2009, 01:39:54 AM

Just fyi, some of the corp threads are now NSFW.

The truth is, you represent what this community was formed against: banality, conformity, averageness. You're not special; theres a million other guys in a million other forums doing the same stupid stunts and thinking themselves clever, or at least desperately hoping to seem so. A perfect example: your post saying you 'got under my skin'. That's not a retort, it's a pitiful attempt to turn the tables because, quite frankly, you're not as clever as I am and don't know how to respond. It's a weak maneuver, and time was that a member of this community would be ashamed to resort to it.

Now it seems that sort of idiocy is not only tolerated, but accepted.

I'm not mad at you anymore. You simply sadden me. All communities change, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worst. There once was a time when I really hoped the tribes of the diaspora would unite again, that we would reclaim that which we had lost. Corpnews was, until now, the last candle keeping that flame alive. It seems I need to accept that that which we have lost is lost for good.

Enjoy your new home here. Better men than you built it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIJIBo9bJk0
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 01:42:38 AM by Arthur_Parker »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #98 on: September 17, 2009, 10:54:34 AM

Pika's a good guy, and he's not wrong.   Here at F13 the community has chased-off asshats with better grammar and posts than those who Ras invited over to Corp.   They're just above Vault refugees in terms of post quality.  His summation of the retort is spot-on as is his assessment of what the community was.

It's not Ras' forum to do with, as he's not paying the bills.  It'd be like Trippy deciding that F13 is better used as a twitter portal than a pop culture/ gaming forum and inviting a whole lot of 144-character twits around, then telling us all he didn't know why we weren't happy with the increased forum activity.    Then again, I'm not really sure WHO is over there anymore, since Somebob disappeared and Mr. Poppinfresh went off somewhere in Asia.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #99 on: September 17, 2009, 12:34:24 PM

Past tense "was" is correct, but there was retarded stuff in the "good old days" too, maybe some people have slightly selective memories.  I just found it ironic that corp became a place with very little gaming discussion due to smart arse one liners from the old timers, yet now it's the old timers making wall of text e-respect posts due to an influx of new posters using one liners.  I wasn't ragging on anyone at corp, I don't have a problem with a single poster there, I really just thought it was funny and corp hasn't been entertaining for ages.
Gobbeldygook
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: September 17, 2009, 01:25:16 PM

Then again, I'm not really sure WHO is over there anymore, since Somebob disappeared and Mr. Poppinfresh went off somewhere in Asia.
Pops came back from Asia and now works for a Canadian lobbying firm.  Sbob's still around, he just ignores everything except the private forums.  He still pays the bills.  Rasp runs everything on the technical side.  I'm unsure if anyone actually 'moderates' it anymore.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: September 18, 2009, 03:08:58 AM

I used to check out Corpnews two or three times a week but haven't bothered since the place got flooded out with newbies. I did my best for a day or two but there's just nothing interesting about their posts other than the drama from the old hands who hate them.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: September 18, 2009, 09:13:41 AM

I also used to read Corp regularly and found it to be a nice counterpoint to these forums.  There are a number of people there that I have had some great conversations with on IRC. 

Sadly, they seem to be getting overrun.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #103 on: September 19, 2009, 05:07:54 PM

I wasn't ragging on anyone at corp, I don't have a problem with a single poster there

Zen's a bit of a dumbass (he still cries about schild and f13), so this whole thing was worth it just to see him ragequit and then crawl back the next day blaming it on being drunk.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #104 on: September 19, 2009, 05:43:27 PM

I was banned there for a while, too, but I think someone unbanned me.  I don't know.  I haven't logged in there for years.  I think Boog thought I was Schild's mom.   ACK! 

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Burning Region  |  Topic: Taking a break  
Jump to: