Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:19:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Burning Region  |  Topic: Taking a break 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Taking a break  (Read 55831 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

on: February 21, 2008, 06:40:24 PM

I'm not going to be on much in the near future, but I'd like to continue playing when you all need a 5 man healer.   If you guys would like to do some dungeon crawls in Outlands, just post a day and time and I'll be happy to help.

The only thing less fun than grinding faction solo is getting ganked by people in purple armor while grinding faction.   I think a break may do me well. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 06:40:17 AM

I'm out.

Broke my promise of playing casually weekends, trying to do Kara instead of going to brunch with people.

Consider me /canceled from MMOs, aka gamer cancer, for a while.
Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 02:06:38 PM

Ya know, it's kinda bizarro when I login during US prime time and see that out of a 61 member guild...I AM THE ONLY ONE ONLINE!

I mean, DAMN!

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 02:12:08 PM

Smells like F13 spirit.

awesome, for real
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 02:37:23 PM

I wish I had more time to play but I've got a ton on my plate and a few hours on the weekend are about it. Even spring break is getting eaten up with work.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 02:59:59 PM

Smells like F13 spirit.

awesome, for real

^^ This.

This is why I didn't rush, didn't push and didn't consider Malvi "my main."  It took longer than I expected, but as always the usual "gaming ADD" and "differing goals" thing blew up again.   You can usually catch a few of us EST players on every few days, (I know I haven't been alone when I log in to do a BG or two) but not much more than that.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 03:17:32 PM

I'm still around, but only for maybe an hour a day.  There's really not much to do; noone else is on, and when they are, there's not much I can do to help.  There's not a lot I can do solo or anything, and I'm not crazy about PUGs.  So, mostly I just do the daily PvP and try to get one or two thousand honor points before I log.  If someone needs me for something, feel free to let me know, but I feel like a bit like a third wheel otherwise.  No sense in sitting around staring at the Batphone in case someone needs a gimpy Arms warrior or anything.

Maybe 2.4 will have something we can do as a guild; who knows.
Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 03:29:07 PM

I dunno, one the big things for me was just to have people to at least chat with while levelling, mining, or whatever.  When I login and no one's online, I start to wonder why I even bother.

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 05:54:03 PM

The shine has worn off! I think we all knew this was bound to happen.

I still haven't resorted to referring to Barrens Chat for company, but it's been quiet for a while now. A full plate of classes and a job hasn't increased my play time. Since this is the first character I've leveled past 55 (and my second stab at the game), I'm still into it and will get to 70 at some point. There won't be a different MMO getting my money for a while, at least.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 08:15:17 PM

I've got a 5 month old who is consuming a ton of my attention and a gaming partner who has decided to go for 70 on our Alliance server and potentially start raiding again (she says to do it, I do it), so that is where all my time went.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 05:40:04 AM

Eh.

F13 guilds always come with a *
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 09:00:29 AM

I didn't even attempt joining you guys for this very reason.  You guys have one or both of these characteristics:

1.  You jump around from game to game constantly.  Not that some people don't do this, but a huge percentage of you here do.  It is kind of what brought you together in the first place.

2.  Most of you have a love/hate relationship with MMO's.  I know a lot of you are spending a significant amount of time on platformers or single player PC games, so the attendance on a nightly basis will always be very sporadic.

I get into MMO's either to just sample or go for the long haul.  I like the slow constant feeling of a morphine drip rather than multiple hits of crack each month.

That's F13 guild's problem:  too many crack users.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 09:24:29 AM

I'm not a jumper or a consoler.. I just haven't given-up on my other server toons.  Fucking WoW is my crack vial, and I still play at least every other night.  I just have 'things to do' since I'm gathering badges/ raiding every few nights.

At least I'm not playing 14 hour weekend stretches anymore.   ACK!

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 10:01:20 AM

I'm still playing WoW, I've just moved to another server with a group of old friends.  I guess the PvP server just wasn't my thing.  I love to PvP, but I prefer to choose when and where I do.  Sometimes a night of mindess pve is a nice diversion.  You just can't do that on a pvp server.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 10:46:55 AM

That's F13 guild's problem:  too many crack users.

I dunno, I think part of it is game mechanics.  Even when we had  people online, there wasn't much we could do with each other.  1-70 is all solo, now, pretty much.  Then at 70, there's nothing else to do unless everyone else is 70 (unless you feel like running AV over and over and over and over).  If someone can come up with something for us to do, then I'd love to be there, but I can't think of anything unless A: we hit some critical mass of 70s and can start doing 5-mans or, or B: there's something added for smaller groups to do.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 11:11:04 AM

I wish I would have been a bigger part of this in its heyday, but just about the time it started up, I finally convinced two of my RL friends to play on my "real" server.

Now they're approaching 70 and our collective interests are waning in the game  swamp poop

One thing I found that I don't like about it, is that PvP is vastly different at 70 versus 1-69.  It seems like every lifeless jackass has a full set of arena purples, and while I like WoW PvP, I don't like it enough to plow a month+ of grinding BGs, then multiple weeks of grinding arena to get to the point where I'm at least competitive.

I don't enjoy PvE servers, and I don't enjoy level 70 PvP, so that consigns me to the 1-69 world, which is great the first 5 times.  For now...  I may be cultivating an interest in that OTHER PvP game...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 11:12:56 AM by Jayce »

Witty banter not included.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 11:28:01 AM

I'm still playing WoW, I've just moved to another server with a group of old friends.  I guess the PvP server just wasn't my thing.  I love to PvP, but I prefer to choose when and where I do.  Sometimes a night of mindess pve is a nice diversion.  You just can't do that on a pvp server.

This is why I was hesitant to join you all.  I know Nebu is more pvp centric than I am, and if he had problems with the PVP server environment...

Not to say this isn't expected, but with a group this small you run into problems with play times and enough folks to even do a basic 5 man.  If you can't even run a 5 man instance every once in a while, the game is just going to get stale.

-Rasix
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 11:30:48 AM

I think I lost interest when Hat, Kail, and especially Righ stopped playing.  Righ was really the cohesive force behind the guild and with him gone it's just not the same.  I got used to the pvp thing, but it's really not conducive to having fun on any support class.

-  Mark Twain
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 07:07:39 PM

If everyone is going to quit does this mean I can raid the guild bank for everything and rake the profit$? ;-)

I still play, just my free time has been considerably cut or focused on other characters.  Trying to drag a PvE fan to a PvP world just doesn't work, especially when you get 1 hour to play and you spend 30m of that running for bodies after a band of roving alliance decide to lay waste and camp your corpse.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 19, 2008, 05:17:13 AM

The guild bank is there to be raided.  Start looting early imo since you're capped to how much you can take out at a time unless you're the leader.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 06:56:09 AM

My life's gotten busier lately, and when that happens, I play less WoW. 

I'm enjoying Outlands on the horde side - it's almost like new again.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 07:29:39 AM

I play once in a while, just not on that server. The Scyers server or something, mostly.  Sorry.  I simply don't enjoy WoW PvP.  I'm spending more time doing PvP in one of my  NDA games and I like it lots more.  I AM NOT GOING TO PLAY SHADOWBANE AGAIN.  NOT!!!

I SWEAR!!!!!!!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 08:26:39 AM

What?
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008, 10:52:43 AM

Sorry. I didn't mean to go AWOL, but while waiting for people to want to do post-60 instance content,I downloaded the freebie strategy game Battle for Wesnoth and got addicted. :) Haven't fired up WoW for a couple of weeks. But if anybody wants to do stuff, I'm up for it.

So what server did you go to Nebu? Even though I may whine about leveling characters, its more fun than trying to get PUGs in a wacky semi-PvP, semi-RP server community. :P

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 21, 2008, 08:34:28 PM

Awesome, I get to 70th level and you all bail.

Good thing I went with the corp people, we've got nine 70's sofar.

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #25 on: March 22, 2008, 01:43:47 AM

Where are the corpers?

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 22, 2008, 09:48:59 AM

Awesome, I get to 70th level and you all bail.

Good thing I went with the corp people, we've got nine 70's sofar.

I didn't bail, I'm just really slow.  I think I like the getting there more than being there.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: March 22, 2008, 09:56:09 AM

Same here. I like to take my time and hang out on the AH from time to time.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #28 on: March 22, 2008, 10:25:07 AM

Sometimes I find the AH to be the most addicting part of the game.  Now... if only they would add farming.

Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #29 on: March 22, 2008, 02:07:45 PM

Dang it!  I just got Webetrakkin up to level 11 and I'm still having fun being and Ork!  Zug Zug!  Of course I'm more an explorer and pvp than a grinder, but I do find myself setting and fishing for some reason...

Anyone got any low level 2 handed axes and bows/guns?
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: March 22, 2008, 08:07:29 PM

Where are the corpers?
"The Old Cabal" is their guild.  They have a few 70's who are on all the time.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #31 on: March 23, 2008, 06:18:32 AM

They're on the same server, too.  Righ has grouped with them before.  Sometimes I wish everyone was still on the same site.  Except for Boog because I'm scared of him.  He kills people, right?

brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: March 23, 2008, 06:43:06 AM

They're on the same server, too.  Righ has grouped with them before.  Sometimes I wish everyone was still on the same site.  Except for Boog because I'm scared of him.  He kills people, right?

He's standing behind you, naked, covered in blood.

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Gobbeldygook
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: March 23, 2008, 04:29:48 PM

And you can't see him.

Because he's a rogue.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: March 23, 2008, 06:07:30 PM

That made me laugh.  awesome, for real

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Burning Region  |  Topic: Taking a break  
Jump to: