Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:04:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Pirates of the Burning Sea  |  Topic: Free Trial? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free Trial?  (Read 51825 times)
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #35 on: March 08, 2008, 07:13:06 PM

On one hand, I don't seen schild as ever having been a SOE fanboi. On the other hand, no MMO (and only some games) get my money without some kind of trial. Even if that trial is buying it from EB games.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #36 on: March 09, 2008, 06:24:43 PM

On one hand, I don't seen schild as ever having been a SOE fanboi.

Wow, that is some amazing crack you are smoking.  Can you introduce me to your dealer?

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #37 on: March 10, 2008, 02:33:15 AM

As an assist for your reading comprehension:

SOE stands for Sony Online Entertainment. ie Everquest. Everquest 2. Star Wars Galaxies. Etc.

Not Sony Computer Entertainment. Those of the Playstation. That's SCE. SCEA/SCEE/SCEJ. He's the world's biggest fanboi for that arm of the company. That's not the Smedtown SOE.

WayAbvPar

Reply #38 on: March 10, 2008, 09:26:47 AM

You must have missed the 100+ page thread that started when schild was exposed to the SWG NGE before it came out and declared it Robot Jesus.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #39 on: March 10, 2008, 06:58:17 PM

No, I remember that. I was pretty sure it helped him learn his lesson. Wasn't that also about 18 months ago now? I'm also not sure if it made him a SOE fanboi, or someone who was easily suckered by friendly devs. Did they fly him out to that, too, or was he in Houston for some other reason anyway?

Anyway, if he were a SOE fanboi, he'd be all over POTBS, EQ1/2, still hard for SWG, and possibly even Vanguard and MXO. I'm not seeing any of that, currently.

For fuck's sake. I'm defending schild. Please stop.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: March 11, 2008, 01:44:56 AM

Okie dokie.  After playing Pirates of the Caribbean, I realized I wanted to play this for reals.  So I bought the game.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #41 on: March 11, 2008, 07:37:20 AM

No, I remember that. I was pretty sure it helped him learn his lesson.

It didn't.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #42 on: March 12, 2008, 01:14:22 AM

since it didn't. please to be making an elaboration of schild's "current" SOE fanboism please. with specific examples.

you know, current ones.

cevik
I'm Special

Reply #43 on: March 12, 2008, 09:00:23 AM

since it didn't. please to be making an elaboration of schild's "current" SOE fanboism please. with specific examples.

you know, current ones.

Why?

schild
Administrator

Reply #44 on: March 12, 2008, 10:21:16 AM

Azazel, don't feed the troll.

Once again, I did not resub to SWG, all the other people that think READING IS HARD did.

Meh, whatever. I've been over this countless times. Clean server, no lag, game handled perfectly, and even then - No CD No Sub.

The environment I wrote about was not indicative of the SWG that it was launched... into (?). Anyway, whatever, apparently people think I'm an SOE fanboi. I should stop wearing that cape that says SOE fanboi.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #45 on: March 12, 2008, 10:46:20 PM

Why?

Just to show that you're not full of shit.

You know how it goes, if you make accusations, be prepared to back them up. That kind of thing. The stuff we teach elementary schoolkids.

awesome, for real

cevik
I'm Special

Reply #46 on: March 13, 2008, 10:22:55 AM

Just to show that you're not full of shit.

You know how it goes, if you make accusations, be prepared to back them up. That kind of thing. The stuff we teach elementary schoolkids.

awesome, for real

If you walk into a physics convention and shout "I don't believe this thermodynamics stuff, someone prove it to me" you'll get the same response I'm about to give:

Be quiet, the important people are talking.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 10:30:11 AM by cevik »

schild
Administrator

Reply #47 on: March 13, 2008, 10:30:26 AM

I'm supposed to care enough about some guy on the internet that I should spend my time searching forums for proof of something that everyone else here already knows to be the truth?

You must spend most of your time disappointed if you really think your opinion is that important.

Actually, he's saying don't be an accusatory punk without any support to back up your claims.
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #48 on: March 13, 2008, 10:31:19 AM

Actually, he's saying don't be an accusatory punk without any support to back up your claims.

I like my modified response better. :)

And, uhh.. again I'll ask:

Why?

EDIT:  And for the record, it took a month for me to troll you into a justifying your SWG review yet again, so I really do consider this to be a fail.  I'm out of practice.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #49 on: March 15, 2008, 04:04:29 AM

Cool, so a bunch of frontin' bullshit, no balls to back up your claims, a straw man, and some weak, weak smack talk.

In other news, I'm done playing with young cevik here. But I would like to see a trial of PotBS.  awesome, for real

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: March 15, 2008, 02:19:51 PM

In other news, I'm done playing with young cevik here. But I would like to see a trial of PotBS.  awesome, for real

Did anyone get you that key yet?

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #51 on: March 18, 2008, 05:43:35 AM

Azazel, don't feed the troll.

Once again, I did not resub to SWG, all the other people that think READING IS HARD did.

Meh, whatever. I've been over this countless times. Clean server, no lag, game handled perfectly, and even then - No CD No Sub.

The environment I wrote about was not indicative of the SWG that it was launched... into (?). Anyway, whatever, apparently people think I'm an SOE fanboi. I should stop wearing that cape that says SOE fanboi.

I failed, eh?

taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: March 29, 2008, 06:06:00 PM

Well, they actually are going to be doing a promotion where they giving more buddy keys away, and each subscribed person is going to get 3 keys to give to friends for 14 days of PotBS. link

Also now is a good time to make lots of alts, because mid week all characters are gonna get some bonus experience items.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 06:08:45 PM by taolurker »

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #53 on: June 03, 2008, 01:55:03 PM

Saw this at Target in a bargin bin for $9.98, can't get a much better trial.  Not my style though, didn't pick it up.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: June 18, 2008, 07:37:30 PM

Well, I still do enjoy this game, and actually am playing multiple classes, on different servers, enjoying it in small doses, and not grinding myself or trying to burn out... but the buddy key program and recent changes plus server merges isn't helping... So:

TADA

Free Trials coming!!

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Pirates of the Burning Sea  |  Topic: Free Trial?  
Jump to: