Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:34:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Memoirs of a Suicide Ganker 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Memoirs of a Suicide Ganker  (Read 249036 times)
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #525 on: January 31, 2010, 02:34:31 PM

For those who aren't sure of the exact prices the cost of both those ganks is in the region of about 20-22b. There was a potential for up to 18-19billion to drop, excluding ship cost and rigs, but of this only 2b dropped over the two ganks. Not a good day at the races but at least we made a profit and did a shedload of damage.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #526 on: July 03, 2010, 05:12:13 AM

So I reactivate a suicide ganker I trained up last year and never used with the free 5 days offer, I  decide to try out the old stomping ground of Balle in a Hurricane. Her skills aren't of the highest order and she only gets about 610 DPS w/overheating but I'm sure it's enough to pop an untanked afk hauler. I'm on the Du Annes gate now cause Concord are on the Aufay one and I spot a guy with what I think is 200m in skill books going the other way, I follow him to Vylade after realising he didn't warp to Aufay. Then realise Vylade is a 0.8 but I been sitting arond all day with no targets so I'm trigger happy, luckily he pops and drops. Damn killboard informs me Capital energy turret is only worth 19m, I thought it was in the region of 90-120, oh well it pays for the cache of ships and mods.

I refit, saved ship fittings for the absolute win here, go to the Du Annes gate again and this time after waiting an hour scan a dude carrying a Medium pos and structures. Price check on the stuff tells me somewhere between 300-500m, so I quickly follow him to the Aufay gate and there he is autopiloting. I pop out my drones and unleash Minmatar power, no sooner do I hear my autocannons rat tat but I get instajammed by a Concord Commander, I had completely forgotten why I wasn't on this gate :(

I'm disconsolate now and can't believe my idiocy but to further punish myself I use my hauler account to follow the target into Aufay and check the next gate I could have gotten him on, no Concord there fuck and he looks like he's docked up. A few minutes later I trundle back to Balle, but just as I jump in I notice a wreck on the gate with the targets name on it! Ok so someone else must have popped him after me, I MWD over to the container and see a Proteus huggin it for dear life I get there just before a freighter who is homing in on it and open it, everything is fucking in there. I scoop everything real quick and can't believe my luck. I then check my gankers combat log and see that I have a kill for him  Head scratch

I still have no idea how I single volleyed a mammoth with a 1500 alpha strike, also oddly there was another wreck just sitting there with a Protea and a load fittings worth 50m I have no idea how that happened either, but I scooped it.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 06:42:36 AM by Amarr HM »

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #527 on: July 03, 2010, 10:58:25 AM

I still have no idea how I single volleyed a mammoth with a 1500 alpha strike, also oddly there was another wreck just sitting there with a Protea and a load fittings worth 50m I have no idea how that happened either, but I scooped it.

The cargo mods all reduce his structure, but even then he should have had over 3000 EHP after resists and basic skills.  Perhaps he had armour or hull damage already?

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #528 on: July 03, 2010, 01:08:07 PM

Exciting stuff. I really should start doing this, I feel like my sec status is burning a hole in my pocket unspent.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #529 on: July 03, 2010, 05:27:09 PM

The cargo mods all reduce his structure, but even then he should have had over 3000 EHP after resists and basic skills.  Perhaps he had armour or hull damage already?

Yeh quite possible, I didn't even get to see his outlay cause I got jammed instantly. But I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #530 on: July 09, 2010, 02:00:32 PM

Marvellous news for suicide gankers!

CCP Zulu said:
If you blow up a ship that happens to be carrying PLEX, it may drop the PLEX as loot or it may be destroyed in the conflagration (much like any other item in a ship's cargo hold). The refund policies for PLEX will not be any different from any other item.

http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=776

Time I got a piece of this action, and it's Hulkaggeddon week too!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 02:08:26 PM by Stabs »
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #531 on: July 09, 2010, 08:47:29 PM

Are the reductions in insurance payouts reducing the amount of suicide ganking?
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #532 on: July 09, 2010, 09:10:49 PM

It would probably be a slight deterrent to freighter ganks, but generally I would say no. It just means the ganker has to raise the bar a little to offset the loss, a cheaply fit battlecruiser is fairly negligible compared to the potential net profit.

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #533 on: July 09, 2010, 09:44:54 PM

Wait, PLEX is an ingame item you can carry??  You can lose your subscription up to pirates?  Cash shops tomorrow..
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #534 on: July 10, 2010, 03:55:59 AM

You can't lose it if you right click it and Add Time to Account.

You also can fly with a shuttle to anywhere and buy your plex there if you're buying it.

The plexes that will be available to pirates are plexes that are being moved by people who didn't purchase them originally. Speculators, traders etc. I checked yesterday and you could buy them for 295m in Rens on Buy Order while in Jita there were 306m buy orders. Come Tuesday traders may try to run them for +11m per plex (if you don't get ganked).

We don't yet know how heavy they will be. If you can fit ten in a shuttle then it's a very quick way to make 110m if you don't get ganked.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #535 on: July 10, 2010, 09:31:32 AM

For something that small I'd use a covert ops frig. You could still get nailed by smartbombing Domis and crap on a gate though.

Hic sunt dracones.
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #536 on: July 10, 2010, 11:49:00 AM

I would have thought a warp stabbed interceptor would be better. Quick and just about unstoppable in high sec. All you're doing is jumping, aligning and warping to zero. You clearly wouldn't afk autopilot with 3b isk worth of plexes in cargo.

Edit: I guess the most dangerous part is docking in Jita if it's laggy. If you crash then you could just be sat there available to be scanned. Whatever ship minimises that risk might be best as would simply selling them at a different Jita station.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 11:52:54 AM by Stabs »
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #537 on: July 10, 2010, 12:46:46 PM

Covops are nearly as agile as interceptors and can warp cloaked.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #538 on: August 07, 2010, 06:02:42 PM

A nice suicide gank.... but why anyone would be carrying PLEX's in that number in that ship boggles the mind.

Kestrel Kill

apparently the whole stack was destroyed with the ship.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #539 on: August 07, 2010, 06:08:36 PM

It's a shame that the program apparently seems to check for destruction one stack at a time rather than individually. I suppose it's too much load where things like ammo and cap boosters need to be checked.

Feel rather sorry for the intrepid gankers. They should get a "I did a 22 Bill gank and all I got is this lousy T-shirt Cyno Generator I" T-shirt
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #540 on: August 08, 2010, 03:47:16 PM

A nice suicide gank.... but why anyone would be carrying PLEX's in that number in that ship boggles the mind.

Kestrel Kill

That isn't a suicide gank. The Space Monkey's Alliance alliance pilot undocked with war targets in system.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #541 on: August 08, 2010, 04:10:32 PM

Kestrel Kill

That isn't a suicide gank. The Space Monkey's Alliance alliance pilot undocked with war targets in system.

CLUNK!

Oh, excuse me, my forehead just hit my desk.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #542 on: August 08, 2010, 10:20:10 PM

Um, just to clarify, would these plexes have been bought with ingame or RL cash?

Hic sunt dracones.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #543 on: August 08, 2010, 11:10:06 PM

There's no real way to know unless the person who lost them reveals that information. However since he was killed flying into Jita it suggests he'd probably bought them for isk and was planning to re-sell them in Jita at a profit. If he'd bought them for real life cash there's no reason not to claim them in Jita.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #544 on: August 09, 2010, 01:29:45 AM

Funnily enough, I reset them earlier in what turned out not to be a great day for the SpaceMOkney's Alliance alliance, when they let Awox in and he did his thing with a PL gang.  So I've been speaking to their diplomat and between his prevarication and the comments on their killboard it looks awfully like this was an ill-advised alliance investment that went spectacularly wrong.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Nope
Terracotta Army

Reply #545 on: August 09, 2010, 02:29:37 PM

went spectacularly wrong.

dreddit got several recruits out the front page reddit story. thanks monkies.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #546 on: August 09, 2010, 04:20:25 PM

And here was me thinking dashMostly Harmlessdash's choice of pets couldn't get any worse after Vanguarddot.

I really can't imagine why anyone would ever even consider something like this under a war dec.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #547 on: August 09, 2010, 06:41:34 PM

Says the man whose corporation lost a Retriever to the same group of gankers earlier that day.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #548 on: August 09, 2010, 11:01:51 PM

Hush. It's all part of our k+d/m strategy.  awesome, for real

Though anyone still flying a retriever can be forgiven things that anyone who can afford a 70 billion cargo really shouldn't be.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #549 on: May 11, 2012, 09:40:00 AM

So, now when you scan stuff it tells you if it is BPC or BPO.

New bummer is, you do not get insurance on ganks. All in all, it's probably how it should have been for ever.....

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #550 on: May 11, 2012, 09:57:23 AM

Nice nerf/buff.

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #551 on: May 11, 2012, 11:44:45 AM

Yeah, pretty much everyone knew that it was silly to be able to get insurance payout on ships that were killed by Concord during piracy.  Bless gankers and the work they do keeping the skies clear of rich idiots, but there should definitely be a fair money sacrifice involved in ganking to make sure they can't profitably kill anyone and everyone at random.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #552 on: May 11, 2012, 12:29:58 PM

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=16402641

So, I went back to my old hunting grounds, fitted up a YARRRRicane, and began scanning at work. Saw 100k of Zydrine and committed, without really knowing current prices. Fumbled around a bit and had some video issues, but popped em no problem. Most everything dropped, was a good gank. Maybe 3-400 mil at the cost of .3 sec status and 45 million isk ship.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #553 on: May 11, 2012, 01:48:56 PM

Just missed a PLEX cause my work machine is balls.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #554 on: May 11, 2012, 01:59:28 PM

Sit on that Zydrine for a while, the price is going to go up.  Presumably a lot.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #555 on: June 04, 2012, 05:47:59 AM

[ 2012.06.03 21:27:31 ] Kareena Evol > sup
[ 2012.06.03 21:27:40 ] Kier'a Dax > hey
[ 2012.06.03 21:27:53 ] Kareena Evol > sorry about that
[ 2012.06.03 21:28:01 ] Kier'a Dax > wtf was that about
[ 2012.06.03 21:28:21 ] Kier'a Dax > can you please allow me to recover my cargo?
[ 2012.06.03 21:28:39 ] Kareena Evol > how do you suppose we could do that?
[ 2012.06.03 21:29:13 ] Kier'a Dax > idk, but thats my mate's tengu
[ 2012.06.03 21:29:55 ] Kareena Evol > 'was' your mates tengu
[ 2012.06.03 21:29:59 ] Kareena Evol > it's mine now
[ 2012.06.03 21:30:22 ] Kier'a Dax > how the fuck did u pop me that fast in highsex   (I one shotted her/him)
[ 2012.06.03 21:30:41 ] Kareena Evol > were you even tanked?
[ 2012.06.03 21:31:01 ] Kier'a Dax > you arent sposed to be able to lock that fast jumpjump
[ 2012.06.03 21:31:24 ] Kareena Evol > I got skills
[ 2012.06.03 21:31:33 ] Kier'a Dax > can i atleast get my cargo rigs back?
[ 2012.06.03 21:32:06 ] Kareena Evol > I have a stricly no returns policy sorry for any inconvenience

Combat log - http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=16621593

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #556 on: August 06, 2013, 08:30:07 AM

So I resubbed the other day and went to rejoin Bat Country until I noticed my main had sec status of 5.0. I pull my app and clone-jump to empire so I could redact this blight on my character screen, wholly uninterrupted of course.

Straight away I get back into the groove and put my name on a few unsuspecting haulers, the first hauler is carrying 1bill but only a meager 100m drops, gah! The next 700m hauler drops 80m. I'm just keeping head above water when finally I manage to nab a 250m drop from a 400m hauler, yay.

Meanwhile I have started to learn of this new criminal flag system, mainly through having to switch it off so I could actually attack and loot these haulers in the first place, I find out apparently my hauler alt can get flagged as a 'suspect' for just looting the wreck. I only find out the true meaning of this when my hauler gets flagged and blown up trying to loot a 250m drop, oh god I also got podded and lost 800k skillpoints and 50m million implants from my alt. Ha total disaster but I should have read the warning signs. I will now have to look into ways to avoid this perhaps being in gang with my ganker might prevent such happenings when I loot the wreck.

I'm really impressed with this feature, even though I felt the sore end of it. They also finally did something with the bounty system. Apparently you can buy killrights to get my ganker multiple times for very little, I may rectify this with an alt before I carry on.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #557 on: August 06, 2013, 05:49:11 PM

In the meantime, the Ministry of Love is currently blockading nitrogen isotopes.  So go kill some mackinaws!
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #558 on: December 29, 2013, 09:56:42 PM

https://zkillboard.com/detail/35550466/?ModPagespeed=noscript Few months late.

Highlights from fleet chat were:
Jake Saissor > YOU SONS OF BITCHES!
Jake Saissor > Fuck you with a fucking forty foot pole!
Temariix > xD
Temariix > you jelly Jake?
The Great Pumpkin > ?
Jak Hakaari > ?
Atticus Evingod > ?
Temariix > ?
Jake Saissor > Someone from the fleet fucking ganked me!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Memoirs of a Suicide Ganker  
Jump to: