Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:29:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Memoirs of a Suicide Ganker 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Memoirs of a Suicide Ganker  (Read 249018 times)
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #490 on: October 15, 2009, 01:16:52 AM

Reg has, indeed spoken about how he has griefed others out of the market. I fail to see how deliberately depriving a player of a few hundred million is different if you do it by using the sell items button instead of the shoot lazors buttan.

Also, reg, I think it was you who started lecturing on social contracts.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #491 on: October 15, 2009, 06:09:34 AM

Heart this thread.

Thank you CCP. I might just stay subbed forever just to support a game that has the balls to allow shit like this to even be a topic. Item drop on death, griefing, espionage, alliance warfare and drama, scams, market games, massive PVP, massive theft, and adrenaline puts this game on another level as anything out there. Somehow, even after all my arguing over the years that there IS a strong niche for this, they have proven it. UO in space pretty much.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Kamen
Terracotta Army

Reply #492 on: October 15, 2009, 07:06:23 AM

Thank you CCP. I might just stay subbed forever just to support a game that has the balls to allow shit like this to even be a topic. Item drop on death, griefing, espionage, alliance warfare and drama, scams, market games, massive PVP, massive theft, and adrenaline puts this game on another level as anything out there. Somehow, even after all my arguing over the years that there IS a strong niche for this, they have proven it. UO in space pretty much.

I'm still holding out hope for the day that we can rip the implants out of corpse's  awesome, for real

Also, I'm planning on doing some suicide ganking of non-afk haulers after they jump through, and would appreciate setup suggestions for a Harbinger.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #493 on: October 15, 2009, 08:56:13 AM

game

Eve is not a game anymore. Its a real virtual universe, it transcended what a game is and is now something else entirely.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 08:57:59 AM by Pennilenko »

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #494 on: October 15, 2009, 10:03:59 AM

Reg has, indeed spoken about how he has griefed others out of the market. I fail to see how deliberately depriving a player of a few hundred million is different if you do it by using the sell items button instead of the shoot lazors buttan.

I drive people out of the market so that I can make more money.  I'm not just doing it to be a prick.  I have no idea why you people are having so much trouble with this.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #495 on: October 15, 2009, 12:30:40 PM

I'm still holding out hope for the day that we can rip the implants out of corpse's  awesome, for real

Also, I'm planning on doing some suicide ganking of non-afk haulers after they jump through, and would appreciate setup suggestions for a Harbinger.

I'll PM ya some info.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #496 on: October 15, 2009, 01:20:43 PM

game

Eve is not a game anymore. Its a real virtual universe, it transcended what a game is and is now something else entirely.

There is truth to this and will become a little more apparent in the next year or two I imagine.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #497 on: October 15, 2009, 01:31:39 PM

Yeah, by then we will have walking in stations and I can open up a wig shop!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #498 on: October 15, 2009, 09:03:03 PM

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #499 on: October 15, 2009, 09:36:15 PM

We did it all for the X type! The X-Type!

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #500 on: October 15, 2009, 09:47:54 PM

http://f13.7mph.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=4342

This is only one example of many and not my best,  but I find my method to be much more satisfying. ;) I might have to post here all the hate mails I have, some are fuckin priceless. And for some reason I think I posted em earlier in this thread. Oh well, will give me something to do tomorrow.

Random suidice target hate mail.

--------------------
2008.04.08 14:47
For 5 months i have spent 17 to 20 hrs a day working hard for what i have, and in 1 foul swoop u took it all away from me. Yes it is only a game but for it to work it takes a lot of hours in real time, and for some Cock Head to take away the 2380 hrs in 5 seconds it will be a bad move on your behalf. I am not in alliance but have real life friends that play that have said tell me who, so u cost me 180000000 isk so if u r smart repay that amount or ill make ur life HELL and the bounty will increase buy the day and ill let my mates off there chains next week, Remember i spent hours behind here to get that and I will stop only when u repay or u get sick of being popped and bounty goes up every day ur online smiley

----------------------------------------

ME:

2008.09.06 18:06
Was good to see you flying in a transport.

Least you learn your lesson.

Fly safe.

--------------------

2008.09.07 04:16

Yes m8 with many thanks to you smiley lol
--------------------

Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #501 on: October 16, 2009, 05:13:58 PM

He took 5 months to earn 180 million?  Is this a joke?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 05:30:22 PM by Brolan »
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #502 on: October 16, 2009, 07:39:19 PM

He actually got my bounty up to about 60 million before I took my alt and claimed it. LOL

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #503 on: October 16, 2009, 07:52:53 PM

The bounty system in EVE is easily one of the largest failures I've ever seen. Has there ever been a time when an actual "bounty hunter" has gotten a legit kill?

The only thing the bounty system seems to do is give players a "badge of honour" or another payday.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #504 on: October 16, 2009, 09:33:42 PM

I've seen a few small bounties paid out, but if it gets too high then the target usually claims it himself or for a buddy.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #505 on: October 17, 2009, 12:29:53 AM

You can just jump-clone into a implant-less clone and just cash in, right? Someone in a rifter just pops your pod and everyone is rich!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #506 on: October 17, 2009, 06:49:34 AM

Yes.

Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #507 on: January 07, 2010, 10:00:49 PM

Hulkageddon started yesterday, and seeing some shiny and easily attained prized, I threw my hat in the ring.

http://hulkageddon.wordpress.com/

Looks like I'm the winner of a shiny new proteus - there was a contender that posted a kill with 2 t2 megathrons and a velator against a hulk in .9, and the velator got the killing blow with 156 damage.  Apparently the mails were all faked as everything by that poster has been removed.  The best part of this had to be that he had 5 valk ii's in his drone bay, and while he was lamenting his fate on ventrilo he apparently forgot to deploy them, as even with a neutral logistics pilot 5 t2 meds would have made short work of my 75hp shield buffer.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #508 on: January 08, 2010, 03:34:05 AM

Idiot. I always mined with Drones deployed, which meant the drones would agress on anyone trhat atttacked me. I mearly killed an intie that attacked me once with valk 1s  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

Reply #509 on: January 08, 2010, 06:08:34 AM

Oh he wasn't mining, I was trying to catch him on a gate as he was hauling stuff in his hulk and he kept jumping in 20km away, and the velator was only cap stable with a scram.  Right when he said he was going to log I asked if he could come grab a can of ore out of a belt for me, he warped right to me. Pop goes the hulk.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #510 on: January 08, 2010, 06:50:04 AM

Idiot. I always mined with Drones deployed, which meant the drones would agress on anyone trhat atttacked me. I mearly killed an intie that attacked me once with valk 1s  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Trouble with that is that the ganker doesn't lose any sec status if your drones agress him.  Concord will still pop him but it's one less batch of ratting to do to get his sec status back.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #511 on: January 08, 2010, 07:09:50 AM

Is this a general rule? If you shoot back at a ganker in high sec, he doesn't lose sec status?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #512 on: January 08, 2010, 07:24:00 AM

Is this a general rule? If you shoot back at a ganker in high sec, he doesn't lose sec status?

He loses sec from attacking you, he loses more from destroying your ship, and he loses a fuckload from podding you, unless the rules changed.

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #513 on: January 08, 2010, 07:40:54 AM

The rules have not changed.

From the wiki:

If a ship has combat drones out, they will usually auto-target you back when you start firing and you won't incur the sec hit for the kill.

Twitter - Endieposts

lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #514 on: January 08, 2010, 08:00:22 AM

So it's only with auto-agressing drones, not when you fight back. Looks like a bug turned feature.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #515 on: January 08, 2010, 11:52:05 AM

So it's only with auto-agressing drones, not when you fight back. Looks like a bug turned feature.

No it's only talking about drones because it's from an article about jihading hulks, which won't have other weapons.

Twitter - Endieposts

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #516 on: January 08, 2010, 11:20:06 PM

Lets say someone tried to kill a simple shuttle with a caracal cruiser and failed. Would it be because he did not fit target painters ? Is the use of such painters even possible, because that certain someone only got a single volley of before concord popped his cruiser.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Nerf
Terracotta Army

Reply #517 on: January 08, 2010, 11:34:39 PM

Use artillery to gank, the alpha on it is insane with the recent patch, and training med arty's doesnt' take too terribly long.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #518 on: January 09, 2010, 08:51:40 AM

Trouble with that is that the ganker doesn't lose any sec status if your drones agress him.  Concord will still pop him but it's one less batch of ratting to do to get his sec status back.

When a faggot is attacking my Mining barge, the last thing I would be worried about is his sec status and his ability to plot future attacks, to be fair.

Hic sunt dracones.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #519 on: January 09, 2010, 10:11:45 AM

Lets say someone tried to kill a simple shuttle with a caracal cruiser and failed. Would it be because he did not fit target painters ? Is the use of such painters even possible, because that certain someone only got a single volley of before concord popped his cruiser.

I think people usually use BCs and up due to their alpha, though a shuttle can't have many EHP.

A target painter could help here since a shuttle probably has a low sig radius, but it's like adding nails to a broomstick rather than just using a gun.

Witty banter not included.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #520 on: January 31, 2010, 01:03:24 AM

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #521 on: January 31, 2010, 01:13:34 AM

I used to use BC's fitted with frigate guns and targeting/speed packages for swatting pods/shuttles/frigates.  Basically set up as a oversized destroyer with a medium smartbomb or two for fun, being cruiser sized they often thought as long as they stayed fast they could outrun my tracking, where they would have run at the mere sight of a Destroyer or Interdictor.  Made a good design for close support of a BS sniper group, lots of tacklers died without ever understanding why until they saw the killmails.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #522 on: January 31, 2010, 02:30:52 AM

I used to use BC's fitted with frigate guns and targeting/speed packages for swatting pods/shuttles/frigates.  Basically set up as a oversized destroyer with a medium smartbomb or two for fun, being cruiser sized they often thought as long as they stayed fast they could outrun my tracking, where they would have run at the mere sight of a Destroyer or Interdictor.  Made a good design for close support of a BS sniper group, lots of tacklers died without ever understanding why until they saw the killmails.

I did this a bit in Providence with an undergunned rail Myrmidon, and with the drone speed module added to make my warrior IIs travel at inty-fucking speeds.

Twitter - Endieposts

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #523 on: January 31, 2010, 07:51:37 AM

I used to that in my drake as well - level up those missile skills and use t2 missiles and it's amazing how much you can do.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #524 on: January 31, 2010, 01:44:55 PM

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Memoirs of a Suicide Ganker  
Jump to: