Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:18:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: EQ2 Beta Contest (from f13) (originally from IGN) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EQ2 Beta Contest (from f13) (originally from IGN)  (Read 61258 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: October 08, 2004, 04:26:54 PM

IGN (sorry, there was no getting around saying it!) is having a contest to win an EQ2 beta account.  Thought some of you who have accounts there, though agressively shun it, might be interested.  :)

EverQuest 2 Vault Beta Contest

Welcome to the first of 3 weekly EQ2 beta contests we will be running here at EQ2 Vault! We will give 10 beta accounts away each week from now until the last week of October, for a total of 30 beta accounts in total!

Here are the particulars for the first contest:

1. Make a post on this thread: http://vnboards.ign.com/EQ2_General_Board/b22210/76738524/?0. The post should simply say “contest entry” (or something witty if you prefer). That is all you have to do to enter the contest.

2. Your account must be in good standing at the Vault Network. If you are banned from VN and create an account to post an entry, it will be disqualified.

3. Multiple accounts will be disqualified. We will check the selected winners’ accounts to ensure that the name they won with is the only name they have registered and posted on the thread with.

4. The contest will run from the day and time this thread is posted until 1800 EST on Wednesday, 13 October.

5. Winners will be announced on our site Thursday, 14 October, and should receive their beta accounts by the beginning of the following week.

6. Participants must be 18 years of age or older and acknowledge that their participation in the beta is at SOE's discretion and is subject to the terms of the EverQuest II Beta agreement, the Station terms of service, and other applicable rules of conduct. This is open to North American and European Union/UK residents only.

7. The next contest will start Friday, 15 October.

8. Winners will be randomly selected by IGN Vault management. All decisions are final

Good luck!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 07:08:02 PM

Hah. Well since you've posted it, I'll let the cat out of the bag.

We're going to be running the exact same promotion if I can get my shit together and actually fax the form back. Yes, that's right - f13 will have 30 beta invites to give away. It won't be a contest and new members can't even get them. Why? Because I don't want kiddies signing up just for an invite. Since they won't even get back to me til monday, if I see enough response, I may actually send the form back in.

So, is it safe to assume you're all interested or would you rather do the ign contest? ;-)

Seriously, do 30 of you care or have the time to play?
Ezdaar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 07:26:53 PM

I'll trade you 6 gmail accounts for an EQ2 beta account!

edit: On a serious note, I too would like to have a go at the EQ2 beta.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 07:28:14 PM

30? Wow.

Yeah, you'll find at least 30 of us willing to make time to do so, I imagine. I've been interested for a while.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 07:31:38 PM

I look forward to wheeling Corky the special needs Shadowknight through a plastic Norrath.

Sure, I'll never turn down a free beta invite.
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 07:36:20 PM

Since I'm already in the beta, can I get a second one for a friend of mine?

Bruce
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #6 on: October 08, 2004, 07:43:31 PM

I'll take a couple too.

But if we're not giving out group packages.  Just one for me.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: October 08, 2004, 07:46:19 PM

Bruce, Don't be a fool. Hat, don't be bruce.

One a piece. None for your friends. This is for f13 peoples. Oh, as long as I'm posting, you need an SOE Station account (or you need to make one) and the email address has to be valid.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 08, 2004, 07:52:11 PM

Quote from: schild

One a piece. None for your friends. This is for f13 peoples. Oh, as long as I'm posting, you need an SOE Station account (or you need to make one) and the email address has to be valid.

Ugh, where did I put it...
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #9 on: October 08, 2004, 08:01:09 PM

I would like the chance to see what EQ2 is all about. I would appreciate it if you could swing this for us, schild.
Otis
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 08, 2004, 08:14:09 PM

Uh, if those of us who aren't terribly active at posting count, and you have thirty to hand out, I would certainly be interested.
Evil Elvis
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 08, 2004, 08:25:08 PM

I'm torn on eq2.  My friends who got in hate it, and history tells me its going to suck, same as all the rest.  But the teaser video was almost enough sugar coating to make me think it may actually be worth trying out.

You might as well send in the form, too.   Worst case scenario, you'll be able to form your own fanboy man-harem.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #12 on: October 08, 2004, 08:33:54 PM

I care and have the time to play. The revelation of PvP-only content on the "PvE" servers has really soured me on WoW.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #13 on: October 08, 2004, 09:49:01 PM

I'd certainly playtest an EQ2 beta.  I've got more questions than someone who wasn't a hardcore caster can answer, and I believe I'm in their target demographic...  that of 'people who like the Everquest qorld, but got turned off by the nature of the system'.  I also have plenty of hardrive space I'm not using.

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 08, 2004, 10:01:43 PM

I'm not interested in beta testing it. But the idea of this boards population being able to tear it apart as soon as the NDA drops sounds intriguing.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Liquidator
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 08, 2004, 11:03:46 PM

Hah. Well since you've posted it, I'll let the cat out of the bag.

We're going to be running the exact same promotion if I can get my shit together and actually fax the form back. Yes, that's right - f13 will have 30 beta invites to give away. It won't be a contest and new members can't even get them. Why? Because I don't want kiddies signing up just for an invite. Since they won't even get back to me til monday, if I see enough response, I may actually send the form back in.

So, is it safe to assume you're all interested or would you rather do the ign contest? ;-)

I most definitely care!  I've been looking forward to playing EQ2 for a while.

Resvrgam
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 08, 2004, 11:25:57 PM

I'd love a chance to bug hunt the game.  I doubt I'd actually pay to play that game when it finally goes live but I'd have a blast testing it out for SOE's customers.

"In olden times, people studied to improve themselves. Today, they only study to impress others." - Confucius
lariac
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 09, 2004, 12:38:24 AM

It would be interesting to do a compare/contrast between EQ2 and WoW since these are the 2 juggernauts coming down the pipe.

`A`ohe lokomaika`i i nele i ke pâna`i
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 09, 2004, 01:23:42 AM

I'd like to, but I barely have time to eat and sleep as it is.  Would be an interesting situation for me, though, catassing at work only to come home and catass at a beta.
AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 09, 2004, 02:51:00 AM

Sounds interesting - plz. count me in. My "credentials" are to have played too many of them (but only AC1 and AO for a long time).

(Though I have received bad omens because both the Doom3 and Tribes: Vengeance MP demos caused my computer to lock up... 3D is scary.)

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #20 on: October 09, 2004, 03:57:19 AM

This is good.  I'd really like to level up a char and test out the guild content.  From everything I've read, there will be no PvP, at least at launch and while that is disappointing, I'd still like to see what the guilds have to offer.  There is NO WAY POSSIBLE EVER IN A MILLION YEARS that I would join the IGN guild that's been offered, so this is definitely promising.  Especially if MrHat is there playing a swashbuckling pirate and I can order him about with impunity. ;p  

I am very Yaaar-ticulate, you know.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #21 on: October 09, 2004, 04:43:38 AM

I'd certainly like on please, it would be nice to know if I should go ahead and get the super-preorder or just skip the game. In exchange I'll happily insult Bruce much less often. Or much more. I'll leave that up to you.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Shavnir
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 09, 2004, 05:27:52 AM

I'd be up for giving it a go.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 09, 2004, 05:48:42 AM

given that the only MMO I am currently playing is CoH, and given that i have never pleyed EQ1, I would be game for a beta account.

I think I would at least have some kind of "fresh" perspective on how fun or un-fun it is, considering I wont be tainted by the previous EQ.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Nyght
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 09, 2004, 06:20:33 AM

Yes, please. The old dog died.

"Do you know who is in charge here?" -- "Yep."
toma levine
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 09, 2004, 07:22:25 AM

I'd like an EQ2 beta shot, if possible. Most likely my wife and I would split the account.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #26 on: October 09, 2004, 07:46:52 AM

Oh, as long as I'm posting, you need an SOE Station account (or you need to make one) and the email address has to be valid.

For those considering going to create a station account:

So long as you've played SWG, EQ or Planetside you've got an SOE station account.  If you remember your PW, login and make sure the e-mail address is up-to-date. If you don't remember it and your e-mail address has changed since you last played any of them.. well you get to create a new one.

Schild, looks like you've got almost 30 interested parties.  Just let us know what we need to get to you & when.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
CassandraR
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: October 09, 2004, 08:03:05 AM

I got plenty of time to play if you'd like to send me one. I just quit CoH recently because I got bored of it. And im very interested in seeing how EQ2 works.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: October 09, 2004, 08:17:21 AM

I want in.  I'm a sucker for Beta's.  Heck, I've been wanting a good reason to upgrade my video card anyway.

Now, about that station account.  I'm sure I have one, the question is what name and pw did I use?

Edit - found it!

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: October 09, 2004, 12:22:23 PM

Quote from: Signe
This is good.  I'd really like to level up a char and test out the guild content.  From everything I've read, there will be no PvP, at least at launch and while that is disappointing, I'd still like to see what the guilds have to offer.  There is NO WAY POSSIBLE EVER IN A MILLION YEARS that I would join the IGN guild that's been offered, so this is definitely promising.  Especially if MrHat is there playing a swashbuckling pirate and I can order him about with impunity. ;p  

I am very Yaaar-ticulate, you know.

Bah, you guess good.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #30 on: October 09, 2004, 12:38:46 PM

I would be interested in one of the accounts. I would really like to evaluate EQ2 vs WoW for myself.
Lanei
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: October 09, 2004, 12:50:10 PM

I'd be interested.
Luxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: October 09, 2004, 12:52:44 PM

Now you see us lurkers coming out the closet fast :) Ive seen it at a friends house so miss me out if you oversubscribe but yeah I'd like a chance at it.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #33 on: October 09, 2004, 12:58:34 PM

You will have to get more invites, schild, because those who don't get one will hate you.  Be sure to let all the ladies in first... you don't need THAT sort of hate.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #34 on: October 09, 2004, 01:02:01 PM

If the lurkers are coming out then it will probably have to switch to a contest. At least that way we would only be hating "the man" for keeping us down, not schild personally.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: EQ2 Beta Contest (from f13) (originally from IGN)  
Jump to: