Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:03:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: EQ2 Beta Contest (from f13) (originally from IGN) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EQ2 Beta Contest (from f13) (originally from IGN)  (Read 61933 times)
Belzac
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: October 09, 2004, 01:46:58 PM

Quote from: Shockeye
If the lurkers are coming out then it will probably have to switch to a contest. At least that way we would only be hating "the man" for keeping us down, not schild personally.

This lurker wouldn't mind a chance toward beta
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #36 on: October 09, 2004, 01:58:03 PM

post count for "teh win".

Kidding.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #37 on: October 09, 2004, 04:29:05 PM

Quote from: Shockeye
lurkers.

Eh, fuck lurkers. If they only come out to get free stuff, then they're not much better than the random assweeds who'd register just to get free stuff.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 09, 2004, 04:42:36 PM

Both myself and my friend the poster "Grind" are certainly interested.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: October 09, 2004, 04:43:11 PM

Quote from: angry.bob

Eh, fuck lurkers. If they only come out to get free stuff, then they're not much better than the random assweeds who'd register just to get free stuff.

Yep.  Delurking strictly for the free shit is fairly low class.
Grind
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: October 09, 2004, 05:19:40 PM

Definitely interested in an EQ2 beta spot Schild.

Cheers,
Grind
schild
Administrator

Reply #41 on: October 09, 2004, 05:25:29 PM

Quote from: Big Gulp
Quote from: angry.bob

Yep.  Delurking strictly for the free shit is fairly low class.

Correctomundo. The first thing we're going by interested parties is post count and input. If all of your posts are like 'hahaha wtfpwn' then no, you don't get a spot. Everyone who has talked knows if they'll get a spot or not.

Threatening me to leave when you don't get a spot won't make me care one way or the other btw. So yea, some people have priority. This isn't a contest. It's me passing on things to you all. Think of it as a thank you for support.

Edit: Bob, Gulp - the aggressive comments in there weren't aimed at you two. Just a general - don't delurk.

Edit: I also think it's important to note that due to some recent behind the scenes changes more stuff like this may come along. So if you don't get into this one, keep posting, you might get into the next one. I won't be posting the people that got in until Tuesday (as about 300 of the posters here only post on weekdays). Here's how it'll go though.

Fax in the form on monday. Hopefully get response on Monday as well.

The people will be added in 3 groups of 10. The 30 people will be chosen by tuesday (or wednesday, depending on My work schedules). The 30 people will then be broken into the groups according to post count and my own personal bias (mostly postcount, except for the 3-4 accounts I've already promised people). So if you aren't in the first group, don't take it personally.

Next week I will email some people about MxO, Guild Wars, WoW, and I'll try to get some news on Tabula Rasa for you all. Even if it's just a couple screen shots. I'll also be releasing some other news early next week.

Thanks for the interest in EQ2 - but if a single one of you break NDA after I give you an account, you'll be banned. So if you're a loud mouthed tool, consider yourself screwed. k?
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: October 09, 2004, 06:00:58 PM

I'm not interested, heh.

I'll just read yer reviews of it once NDA is lifted.  Same with WoW.
Disco Stu
Delinquents

Reply #43 on: October 09, 2004, 08:12:38 PM

Quote from: schild

Seriously, do 30 of you care or have the time to play?

Both... its currently a toss up for me between EQ2 and WOW a beta account would help tons.
Shavnir
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 09, 2004, 09:58:19 PM

So if you're a loud mouthed tool, consider yourself screwed. k?

Dualy noted.

EDIT : Not only do I lose at life I can't seem to remember which boards allow me to attach names to quotes, lol.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #45 on: October 09, 2004, 10:03:00 PM

Count me interested in EQ2.  It looks shiny.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: October 09, 2004, 11:58:41 PM

I'd be interested in a spot, but reading this thread is like what happens when a rich relative dies.  Everyone is coming out of the woodwork!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: October 10, 2004, 02:52:25 AM

This lurker wouldn't mind a chance toward beta

hahaha wtfpwn!

... and I'll fucking leave if I don't get one.

Or not. Depending on what scares you the most.

Allthoug WoW seems more like my thing, I'd love to test EQ2 as well. If for nothing else, then the chance to play with some of you guys.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
schild
Administrator

Reply #48 on: October 10, 2004, 05:35:05 AM

Hmmmm, this may piss a couple of you off pretty good.

Quote from: Sony Agreement
"Participants must be 18 years of age or older and acknowledge that their participation in the beta is at SOE's discretion and is subject to the terms of the EverQuest II Beta agreement, the Station terms of service, and other applicable rules of conduct.  This is open to North American and European Union/UK residents only."

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: October 10, 2004, 07:45:42 AM

"European Union/UK residents only."

Er, why the specification of UK? All of the UK is inside the EU. Or do they mean to include Commonwealth states like India or Uganda?

(Pity my Norway isn't a member. Welcome to Outside-Norway, obedient to EU but without representation. Or EQ2 betas.)

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: October 10, 2004, 08:33:38 AM

Quote from: AOFanboi

(Pity my Norway isn't a member.)

Yeah, going the route of national sovereignty and not having to kowtow to ivory tower bureaucrats in Brussels is such a drag...

Thankfully it looks like anti-EU sentiment in the UK is really starting to gain steam, much to Blair's chagrin.
AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: October 10, 2004, 09:10:43 AM

Quote from: Big Gulp
Yeah, going the route of national sovereignty and not having to kowtow to ivory tower bureaucrats in Brussels is such a drag...

Er, I think you misunderstand: Norway does kowtow to bureaucrats in Brussels, we just don't have any of our own. The economic agreement between Norway and EU is practically membership without the benefits (like representation). There is a theoretical veto when EU wants us to jump, but it has never actually been used, whether the Labour party or the current moderate coalition were in power

Anyway, I seem to recall Americans not reacting well to some states not wanting to kowtow to bureaucrats in Washington DC back around 1860... :)

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: October 10, 2004, 09:44:06 AM

Been busy this weekend so I'm probably number 31 at this point. ;) I'm definitely interested in testing out EQ2 beta if you can manage to fit me in one of the spots.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #53 on: October 10, 2004, 06:27:33 PM

I will test it out. Right now my money though is on WOW.  Played EQ for a long time and actually got into it because PIKA convinced me it was the next thing beyond UO.  Still cringe at thinking that....

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
Belzac
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: October 10, 2004, 08:16:00 PM

I guess I would have to be actually playing an online game again before I can make any intelligent comments.
Aslan
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: October 10, 2004, 11:47:47 PM

This lurker will come out long enough to see if there are enough left to snatch one up...
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: October 11, 2004, 03:28:52 AM

..... why the heck would the beta contest be NA and EU only when they're planning on a worldwide release? That just doesn't seem to make much sense.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
jwinston2
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: October 11, 2004, 03:58:15 AM

Well I would be interested since I am just about to graduate from grad school and will have a lot of free time while waiting for a job.

However since I am rather new and have a low post count, I guess I should just be one of those fringe people, if you have an extra account and other senior members didn't receive one then send it my way.

One of the things Ford Prefect had always found hardest to understand about humans was their habit of continuously stating and repeating the very very obvious, as in It's a nice day, or You're very tall, or Oh dear you seem to have fallen down a thirty-foot well, are you all right?
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: October 11, 2004, 05:49:48 AM

If you have any spots left I'd be interested too. If only to do a truly valid look at it to see how it compares to WoW. From what little I've heard EQ2 sounds quite interesting but there are some things I'd have to see for myself.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: October 11, 2004, 05:55:14 AM

Pika has infected my mind with eq2 with his constant babble.  I'd like to try it, if only to tell him how much is sucks.
Azhrarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: October 11, 2004, 06:21:06 AM

What?  Tabula Rasa?  Oh, wait.  Too early to ask for that one. :)

A hearty MEH to EQ2!

I came here to be drugged, electrocuted, and probed.  Not insulted! - H.S.
kidder
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: October 11, 2004, 07:54:03 AM

Add me and my pathetic post count to the list.

Kidder
-I read forums.  Dur!
Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: October 11, 2004, 08:00:58 AM

Ooooh free beta. I'm deffinatly interested.

Wiiiiii!
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: October 11, 2004, 08:05:39 AM

Quote from: schild
Hmmmm, this may piss a couple of you off pretty good.

"Participants must be 18 years of age or older and acknowledge that their participation in the beta is at SOE's discretion and is subject to the terms of the EverQuest II Beta agreement, the Station terms of service, and other applicable rules of conduct.  This is open to North American and European Union/UK residents only."

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

After paying to beta SWG very little SOE does could still piss me off. Make me feel pathetic yes, piss me off no.

Actually I kinda like the whole 18 or older, though we all know the kids will still manage to sneak in like they always do.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: October 11, 2004, 08:27:42 AM

I'd be up for a shot at one.
kemmyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: October 11, 2004, 09:44:01 AM

i'd love a shot - if you ever get enough to hand one down this far on the list.  thanks!
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: October 11, 2004, 10:13:08 AM

Ooh. Guerrilla marketing crack dealers.

I'll take the first hit as long as it's free.
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: October 11, 2004, 10:46:40 AM

Give me a call when there's an 18+ retail server, and when that age is measured to terms of intellectual capacity.

Also, with pr0n.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #68 on: October 11, 2004, 11:20:56 AM

Hmm, I'm probably too late for this one (This is what I get for ignoring posts with "IGN" and "EQ2" in the title...2 pages long? I knew something was up).

Count me in if you can. Too busy to check it out as much as I'd like, but I'd like to know if it's as good as people are sayin'.
AlteredOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: October 11, 2004, 11:26:58 AM

But it doesn't hurt to up my post count so that I won't be accused of being a lurker for the next beta giveaway of a game that might actually be cool :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: EQ2 Beta Contest (from f13) (originally from IGN)  
Jump to: