Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:14:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Pirates of the Burning Sea  |  Topic: Pirates of the Burning Sea- Now playing 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pirates of the Burning Sea- Now playing  (Read 92496 times)
WayAbvPar

on: January 09, 2008, 10:02:10 AM

Now that the game has gone live (for prelaunch), I wanted to get a new thread started so we can all find each other when needed. Please post your server name, nation and character name(s), and any society associations.

Rackham- Spanish Naval Officer- Guido Cordoba. Unassociated atm, but likely will be joining up with taolurker's bunch of misfits.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 11:36:00 AM by WayAbvPar »

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 10:35:27 AM

Erik Christensen - Rackham - Spanish Freetrader.  No affiliation yet.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 11:25:33 AM

EDIT!

Arcelia Martinez, Spanish Freetrader, Rackham

I may be a dirty bread-baker, but at least I look like an ass-kicking latina vixen.

Thanks, Schild.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 11:29:34 PM by Stormwaltz »

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 12:09:04 PM

Stormwaltz, on my way home, I'm going by EB to pick up Kingdom Under Fire. I'll get you a preorder box and Pm you the code.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 01:39:50 PM

Stormwaltz, on my way home, I'm going by EB to pick up Kingdom Under Fire. I'll get you a preorder box and Pm you the code.

Is that going to cost you? If so, PM me your email, I can PayPal it back to you.

Thanks. ^_^

- Henry Cobb
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 03:15:48 PM

Laozi Mi'Karma
Spanish Naval Officer
Rackham Server
De-facto society leader of The Browncoat Alliance, headquartered in Campache, New Spain.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 03:42:59 PM

Stormwaltz, sent.
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 06:32:01 PM

Bonny - French - Sidereal Nom
Rackham - Spanish - Sidereal de Cadiz
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 11:06:55 AM by sidereal »

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
trotski
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 08:09:18 PM

Rackham
Spanish Naval Officer
Ayatolla Hispaniola
Currently Unaffiliated

Xbox live: trotski44
WayAbvPar

Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 09:10:53 AM

Rackham
Spanish Naval Officer
Ayatolla Hispaniola
Currently Unaffiliated

Heh. Nice name. Johnny and I joined up with taolurker's bunch (The Browncoat Alliance)- you should join up too.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 02:39:20 PM

Dirty Merri, Spanish Freetrader, Rackham

Joined up with taolurker's group.  Have little idea what I'm doing.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 04:51:19 PM

If you had questions Xanth, jus ask. Quite a few of the folks the Browncoats were in beta a while or can help you out with questions.

We're already working on building the economy about as good as the two or three other large societies, and the two I'm friendly with are maybe a day ahead of where we are (which is the day we didn't get set up because of the original leader not being there).

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 08:21:06 PM

Awesome, thanks, I will be sure to ask.

I put in a couple of plantations in Havana today, and have a textile mill, hunting lodge, and two tanners - figured I could always sell leather and rope or canvas.  I also read two books (but I forget what they are! - one had something to do with outfitting, forget the other one).

How what where does the society need?  Should I do something else?

Was planning on picking up the tax evasion skill soon, so that I can maybe put in a fir logging camp over in Belize.
WayAbvPar

Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 08:59:21 PM

If you had questions Xanth, jus ask. Quite a few of the folks the Browncoats were in beta a while or can help you out with questions.

We're already working on building the economy about as good as the two or three other large societies, and the two I'm friendly with are maybe a day ahead of where we are (which is the day we didn't get set up because of the original leader not being there).

As soon as I get my NO leveled sufficiently, I am going to start a FT and get my part of the production started. Let me know what TBA needs and I can fill in whereever.

Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 10:23:20 PM

I'll be on to join you guys probably late tomorrow night and over the weekend.  Been a bit busy the past couple days.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 10:06:16 AM

Katiri Furiously - Privateer reporting for duty.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 07:54:10 PM by Furiously »

schild
Administrator

Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 09:28:18 PM

I am uh, analyzing my files now.

WAP has some pretty impressive mind tricks.

Also, I'm on Teamspeak.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 09:53:12 PM

I am uh, analyzing my files now.

WAP has some pretty impressive mind tricks.

Also, I'm on Teamspeak.

Hah!

-Rasix
schild
Administrator

Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 10:33:48 PM

Uhm.

Damnit.

Schild Longshadow.

British. Rackham. I like it.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 11, 2008, 10:57:10 PM

Uhm.

Damnit.

Schild Longshadow.

Then all of us will be Spanish, and will be able to team up and gank you as an English.

You can only have one nation per server, so if you hurry and delete that guy before you get too attached you can still move over to Spanish. Nearly everyone else is in the society I built from the remnants of the old one, and we have 21 members, are already building ships and almost everything in the economy.   ecit to add Still hadn't seen Stormwaltz or Abelien in game, and the one time I sent a message to Trotski he disconnected minutes later and I haven't seen him since/

One of the Browncoats had a Ventrilo server, but I guess if you're on Teamspeak, and are English, then the voice comms won't really help too much anyway.

I put in a couple of plantations in Havana today, and have a textile mill, hunting lodge, and two tanners - figured I could always sell leather and rope or canvas.  I also read two books (but I forget what they are! - one had something to do with outfitting, forget the other one).

How what where does the society need?  Should I do something else?

Was planning on picking up the tax evasion skill soon, so that I can maybe put in a fir logging camp over in Belize.

Like I said in game, that's fine, we always need rope and sails, and riggings and leather are decent sellers. We have a couple of people working on them, but I'm sure when we get a couple more shipyards that having extra of everything will be a benefit.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 11:07:02 PM by taolurker »

schild
Administrator

Reply #20 on: January 11, 2008, 11:11:14 PM

It seems like everyone and their dog plays Spanish and Pirate on Rackham though.

So gank away. I always play the underdog.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 11, 2008, 11:43:29 PM

English were the zerg during beta, not sure if that'll change around launch.  They probably outnumbered the Spanish and French combined, which is why a lot of us here wound up play Spanish.

Classical underdog would be the French though awesome, for real.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
schild
Administrator

Reply #22 on: January 12, 2008, 12:12:36 AM

I just went by server pops, since I started around east coast peak time, I'm not too worried.
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 12, 2008, 12:15:02 AM

Henry Rathborn French Freetrader of the Damned Yankees on Rackham.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: January 12, 2008, 04:55:56 AM

Remember this is only pre-order, and whatever the populations are now is not what they are likely to be at launch. Also, on Rackham at East Coast primtime I have seen Moderatre in every nation except the French.

English were the zerg during beta, not sure if that'll change around launch.  They probably outnumbered the Spanish and French combined, which is why a lot of us here wound up play Spanish.

Classical underdog would be the French though awesome, for real.

English and Pirate are going to be the most populated nations, on every server, at launch. The French are going to be lowest, except on the French speaking server, where there are likely to be no Spanish and English.

Henry Rathborn French Freetrader of the Damned Yankees on Rackham.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

See now, this I understand, gimpy is already in a society.. But it seems like Rackham is where everyone decided to go. /shrug

sidereal
Contributor

Reply #25 on: January 12, 2008, 09:57:57 AM

I won't be surprised if FLS invent server queues for Rackham and Blackbeard.  The beta servers seem to be getting a lot of residual love.  Plus Blackbeard has that 'most famous pirate not played by Johnny Depp' thing going.

And what taolurker said on nations.

English = Human
Pirate = Night Elf
Spanish = Undead
French = Tauren

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
trotski
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: January 12, 2008, 10:55:15 AM

Uhm.

Damnit.

Schild Longshadow.

ecit to add Still hadn't seen Stormwaltz or Abelien in game, and the one time I sent a message to Trotski he disconnected minutes later and I haven't seen him since/

taolurker -- I didn't receive any messages from you, in game.  I haven't seen you online either, I'll keep an eye out for you, and IM you when i do.

Edit to add: Just received my invite. I's all joined up.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 10:56:53 AM by trotski »

Xbox live: trotski44
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: January 13, 2008, 10:02:19 AM

And what taolurker said on nations.

English = Human
Pirate = Night Elf
Spanish = Undead
French = Tauren

What I was thinking was

English = Albion
Spanish = Midgard
French = Hibernia
Pirate = 12 year olds**

**according to the popular wisdom - I don't know, I haven't tried Pirate yet, was planning on doing so later on after launch on some other server.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: January 13, 2008, 11:54:24 AM

I am sort of wondering why this game wouldn't be all pirates.  And, if only like one port is popping up as contentious at a time, why any merchant wouldn't just go to one of 79 other ports.  It'll end up being fifty pirates cruising around the one area of contention, waiting to gank 2 garlic and 1 wood from some hapless Freetrader newb's starting ship.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: January 13, 2008, 09:43:30 PM

Nationals get Naval Officers, and that means the baddest ships in the ocean.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: January 13, 2008, 11:26:10 PM

Still hadn't seen Stormwaltz or Abelien in game

Last week was consumed by the angst of getting financing for new car as a "non-landed" American citizen in Canada. My new Saturn is much like the old - relatively cheap, sensible, and thoroughly unsexy. But it has an iPod hookup.

I'll be on more this coming week.

- Henry Cobb
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: January 15, 2008, 08:33:33 AM

Well, I'm pretty sure everyone from this thread except Stormwaltz was a part of the Browncoats now, and if any others were interested just send me a private message through the forums or look for Laozi Mi'Karma in game on Rackham's Spanish side.

Stormwaltz, last night I did see you log out of game, and sorry if you did try to contact me and I didn't respond, but now that I've hit the level cap I doubt I'll be tied up in combat that much.

d4rkj3di
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: January 16, 2008, 09:54:20 AM

I'm on Blackbeard as a Pirate because I'm the 12-yr-old Night Elf who won't stop jump-flipping. Ever.

Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: January 16, 2008, 12:15:38 PM

Mr. Tao- I am getting a new comp soon and will prolly join you guys around launch.  Although my instincts do scream "BE A GRIEFING PIRATE, SPANISH R NOT TEH COOL."

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
WayAbvPar

Reply #34 on: January 16, 2008, 01:47:55 PM

Mr. Tao- I am getting a new comp soon and will prolly join you guys around launch.  Although my instincts do scream "BE A GRIEFING PIRATE, SPANISH R NOT TEH COOL."

The server needs targets too.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Pirates of the Burning Sea  |  Topic: Pirates of the Burning Sea- Now playing  
Jump to: