Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:59:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: "Fell" (Ellis) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Fell" (Ellis)  (Read 9166 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

on: January 08, 2008, 03:49:25 PM

I'd never heard of this.  Got TPB Vol 1 for Christmas.  Just read it.  Loved it.  I don't dare hope that there will be any more, though.   0.0 DPS

Has Ellis done more than a dozen issues of anything since Transmet?  He seems to have the attention span of a goldfish.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 05:17:21 PM

He's done quite a few things as miniseries and that generally seems to get his material out.

However, put him on a longer run and he seems to go hard for a few issues then it's "ooh, shiney" and he's off doing something else. Meanwhile, you're stuck waiting for Planetary #27 to complete the series.

(Yeah, I know what happened with Planetary #27, so it's not 100% Ellis' fault, but he didn't have to redo the script and delay things further)

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 06:12:02 PM

Fell is a really good book.  I think the most recent issue (#8, not sure if it's collected in the TPB) came out only a few months ago.  9 and 10 have been solicited, but are running about half a year late so far.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 08:44:32 PM

What happened with Planetary #27?

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 09:46:47 PM

My understanding is that Ellis has finished and sent in the script, and Cassaday is expected to finish up the art sometime early this year.  Presumably Cassaday has been tied up finishing his run with Whedon on Astonishing X-men.

Also, Diamond has Fell #9 listed as shipping this week although it's not unheard of for the shipping lists to be changed at the last minute.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 06:38:22 PM

Ellis wrote the script, but Cassaday was doing other work at the time so he was late. During that period of lateness, Ellis reworked the script, but didn't have the reworking done in time for Cassaday once he was free again. Cassaday needed work, so he took on a movie job to pay the bills, but that meant he didn't have time to provide the art for Ellis' now finished, reworked script.

It's coming out "soon".

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 03:14:07 AM

Fell #9 did in fact ship on Wednesday.  It's also one of the best issues thus far.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 11:37:31 PM

Fell's a very good series, but its horrible, erratic, constantly-late release schedule hurts it a lot.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 08:34:29 AM

I try to look on the bright side- since I only pick up a handful of titles every month, those erratic releases give me a chance to see what else is out there.  smiley

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 02:24:51 AM

I was already getting excited about the upcoming video game Dead Space (the prequel comics have art from Fell artist Ben Templesmith).  Then today I read that Ellis helped do a lot of the writing for the game.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 05:40:07 PM

Awesome that he's involved. I think this'll be a wicked game. I'm all about that holographic wrist display for use as a character menu/inventory.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 06:24:46 PM

Fell's a very good series, but its horrible, erratic, constantly-late release schedule hurts it a lot.

I'd agree with this in regards to a lot of Ellis comics, but each issue of Fell is largely a stand alone story, so it doesn't really bother me too much.  It's not something where you need to go back and read the previous issues to remember what happened.  It's just a nice bonus to me anytime an issue of Fell comes out.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 09:18:08 PM

Wake up sleepy thread!

Some Planetary news.

Quote from: Warren Ellis on his website
And for those who will inevitably ask, John seems to now be into the last half of #27.

The Planetary vol. 4 hardcover is due to be released on Jul, 7th of next year, so it looks like the final Planetary is only a few months away! lol

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: "Fell" (Ellis)  
Jump to: