Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:33:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoff Predictions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Playoff Predictions  (Read 83153 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #35 on: January 05, 2008, 04:47:54 PM

Congrats to Seattle for killing the dream of a dead hero.  awesome, for real

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: January 05, 2008, 04:49:59 PM

Obviously, Todd Collins was not the QB Redskins were looking for.

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 05, 2008, 04:56:55 PM

Congrats to Seattle for killing the dream of a dead hero.  awesome, for real

Fucking announcers.  I was about to mute the game for the entire fourth quarter because they wouldn't stop flapping their gums about Sean Taylor.    Christ, it was approaching Maddenesque "You need to score to win the game" levels of inanity.

edit - added n't
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 08:11:42 PM by JWIV »
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #38 on: January 05, 2008, 05:05:29 PM

I have the crazy feeling I'll go 0-4 in this game because I went with the emotional upsets.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
trotski
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: January 05, 2008, 05:11:36 PM

Between Tom Brady in the Giants game last week and Sean Taylor today, I wonder if Collinsworth's mouth hurts from all the cock (and posthumous cock) he's choked on the last two weeks. Christ he's awful. Seriously, how the fuck does he have a job?

Bring on the Pack. "Give us the ball we're gonna score"

Xbox live: trotski44
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #40 on: January 05, 2008, 05:14:11 PM

Chris was the one saying very early on (like week 4) that the Pats were the best team he had ever seen.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: January 05, 2008, 06:16:39 PM

Pittsburgh looks shitty shit shit. They look like they don't even want to be there.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 05, 2008, 06:38:34 PM

Helga! Helga! Helga!

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #43 on: January 05, 2008, 08:30:18 PM

0 for 2, dammit Pittsburgh you suck-diddly-uck. They freaking HAD IT!

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: January 05, 2008, 08:32:56 PM

Lousy coaching by Tomlin in 4th quarter.

Been driving the ball all half and then once they get a 1 point lead they decide to just sit on it and go ultra-conservative, and then special teams coverage failure gives Jaguars ball at midfield.

Then, after having been done in by draws by Jaguars in previous game, don't have that covered on 4th and 2.

Unfuckingbelievable.

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #45 on: January 05, 2008, 08:34:42 PM

Well, at least it was close =)
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: January 05, 2008, 08:35:00 PM

No kidding.   God they played sloppy tonight.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #47 on: January 05, 2008, 08:46:35 PM

Helga! Helga! Helga!

It's with two "L"s.  American Gladiators is all class, baby.  Are people really going to watch that crap?

Odd game.  Both QBs took turns forgetting how to play football.

-Rasix
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: January 05, 2008, 08:59:21 PM

Reowr.

-H.L. Mencken
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: January 05, 2008, 09:02:18 PM

Lousy coaching by Tomlin in 4th quarter.

Been driving the ball all half and then once they get a 1 point lead they decide to just sit on it and go ultra-conservative, and then special teams coverage failure gives Jaguars ball at midfield.

Then, after having been done in by draws by Jaguars in previous game, don't have that covered on 4th and 2.

Unfuckingbelievable.

This is how the Steelers played all season. It's called inconsistent, and it does not win Super Bowls. Or Playoffs. Or Wild Card. Or games. Bleh.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #50 on: January 05, 2008, 10:07:34 PM

Both my predictions were correct.

Man, inconsistency abounded today. The Seahawks/Skins game should never have been close. It's been a while since I watched the Hawks. What the fuck happened to their offense? They can't run for shit most of the time, and Hasselbeck was all over the place. If they had been able to make one or two more plays in the first half, that game would have been over by the 3rd quarter. Todd Collins is what I thought he was, a backup at best. Santana Moss is just an underachieving twit. He's got all the skills to be a top receiver in the league, but he just never seems to give it his all. That Hawks defense is pretty solid though. Too bad their offense is going to get dickstomped by the Packers next week.

The Steelers/Jags game also should not have been that close. I'm not sure what happened to the Jags' coverage in the second half, but it was full of fail. It isn't like the Steelers were mixing things up at all. Davenport did fuckall for running all night. So why couldn't the Jags cover anyone in the second half? Definitely bad play-calling on Tomlin's part in the end. They'd already proved that they couldn't run the ball, so why not just go for short slants and high percentage passing? It's too bad the Jags are in the same division as the Colts and Pats. They'd be my pick for the NFC Championship if they were in the NFC, as that defense is better than both the Cowboys and the Packers, IMO. I bet the Jags are rooting for the Titans like a motherfucker, just so they can go play the Colts.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: January 06, 2008, 12:43:53 PM

Tampa nooooooooo  cry

1st quarter it looked like they were gonna smoke the Giants... and then it all went wrong.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #52 on: January 06, 2008, 01:11:53 PM

0 for 3.

Tennessee is doomed.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: January 06, 2008, 01:50:29 PM

Welcome to the playoffs Mr. Young.

-H.L. Mencken
trotski
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: January 06, 2008, 02:56:04 PM

Interesting first half in the Tenn-SD game. SD has got to get LT going, or it's going to be a long day for Mr. Rivers.

trotski
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: January 06, 2008, 04:27:21 PM

Wow, nice second half Mr. Rivers. Congrats Bolts.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: January 06, 2008, 05:05:17 PM

Vince Young just knows how to win!

I'm totally watching American Gladiators. I expect it will be aweome.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: January 06, 2008, 05:05:52 PM

I'm totally watching American Gladiators. I expect it will be  awesome, for real

FiFY

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #58 on: January 06, 2008, 05:12:27 PM

I believe I called them all right.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: January 06, 2008, 06:12:00 PM

I believe I called them all right.

Just went through the thread and tallied it up -

Winners
Jacksonville
San Diego
Seattle
New York

Stray - 4/4
Phildo - 4/4
Rasix - 4/4

Hoax - 3/4
Nebu - 3/4
Ozzu - 3/4
sidereal - 3/4
shiznitz - 3/4
tazelbain - 3/4
WayAbvPar - 3/4
trotski - 3/4
HaemishM - 3/4

naum - 2/4
Trippy- 2/4
El Gallo - 2/4
Wershlak - 2/4
JWIV - 2/4

Zetleft - 1/4
LanTheWarder - 1/4

Paelos - 0/4

edit - counting to four is hard sometimes.  Fixed HaemishM's tally.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 08:35:04 AM by JWIV »
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: January 06, 2008, 06:19:31 PM

American Gladiators is pretty good so far. It's funny though that the competitors are all pretty buff, in some events I can't even tell which is the gladiator. In the old days the challengers were all skinny.

Edit: The female gladiators are much smaller than they were before. But one of them just did a piledriver on someone.

Edit: Some of the female gladiators are pretty hot.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 06:32:04 PM by Margalis »

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #61 on: January 06, 2008, 06:21:09 PM

Dead...
fucking...
last

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #62 on: January 06, 2008, 07:33:59 PM

That's what you get for voting with your heart!
trotski
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: January 06, 2008, 09:57:45 PM

Nice work JWIV!

Oh, and I want Crush on AG to have my babies. I  Heart her.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #64 on: January 07, 2008, 08:05:48 AM

NEXT!

Jacksonville @ New England
SD @ Indianapolis
NYG @ Dallas
Seattle @ Green Bay

I am calling home team sweep.

I have never played WoW.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #65 on: January 07, 2008, 08:15:38 AM

Ditto, though I think Sea vs GB might be a nailbiter.

Fuckin-A, I'm so glad Dallas is playing the Giants.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: January 07, 2008, 08:15:52 AM

NEXT!

Jacksonville @ New England
SD @ Indianapolis
NYG @ Dallas
Seattle @ Green Bay

I am calling home team sweep.

I'll be cheering for Seattle, but I think shiznitz is right.

New England
Indianapolis
Dallas
Green Bay
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #67 on: January 07, 2008, 08:25:36 AM

HaemishM - 2/4

Umm, no. I got 3/4. I picked the Chargers.

I was surprised by the Tampa game. I kept expecting Eli to choke on it. Instead, it showed just how shitty the Tampa receivers are when Galloway isn't 100%. I mean, you're playing the goddamn Giants, whose coverage doesn't get better than suspect, and they don't even have one of their starting corners. And you can't get more than 14 points? You suck.

I actually expected the Chargers/Titans game to be closer, but their defense just didn't hold up. It wasn't a blowout, but it beat the spread.

EDIT:

New England - Come on, the Jags MIGHT beat them... but I doubt it. I can't beat against the Pats no matter who is playing.
Indy - The Chargers just aren't consistent enough. If Harrison back, it'll be worse.
Dallas - Giants will choke. They just delayed the choke by a week.
Green Bay - Seattle's offense is WAY WAY too inconsistent. The Pack's will pack them in when they don't have to defense the run.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 08:27:52 AM by HaemishM »

JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: January 07, 2008, 08:36:37 AM

HaemishM - 2/4

Umm, no. I got 3/4. I picked the Chargers.

I was surprised by the Tampa game. I kept expecting Eli to choke on it. Instead, it showed just how shitty the Tampa receivers are when Galloway isn't 100%. I mean, you're playing the goddamn Giants, whose coverage doesn't get better than suspect, and they don't even have one of their starting corners. And you can't get more than 14 points? You suck.

I actually expected the Chargers/Titans game to be closer, but their defense just didn't hold up. It wasn't a blowout, but it beat the spread.

EDIT:

New England - Come on, the Jags MIGHT beat them... but I doubt it. I can't beat against the Pats no matter who is playing.
Indy - The Chargers just aren't consistent enough. If Harrison back, it'll be worse.
Dallas - Giants will choke. They just delayed the choke by a week.
Green Bay - Seattle's offense is WAY WAY too inconsistent. The Pack's will pack them in when they don't have to defense the run.

Sorry bout that, fixed it!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #69 on: January 07, 2008, 09:20:53 AM

Pats
Colts
Cowboys
Packers
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoff Predictions  
Jump to: