Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:37:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Steam Sale 10%-50% Off Everything 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steam Sale 10%-50% Off Everything  (Read 17733 times)
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #35 on: January 06, 2008, 10:18:54 PM

Sure thing. I like Tuna, after all.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: January 09, 2008, 08:55:00 AM

Wow, they have a good selection of games. 

Do they have DRM attached to them?

Not in the sense of Starforce. I believe they "dial home" when you start the game to confirm you have a valid serial number. I can only say that I've never had any problem.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #37 on: January 09, 2008, 06:55:58 PM

So Steam style then? Do they have a "go offline" mode?

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: January 09, 2008, 11:17:28 PM

From the FAQ:

Q: Do I need an Internet connection in order to play the game?
A: No. An internet connection is only needed during the installation process and the first time you run the game. After that no more internet connection is required.

I'm intrigued by it.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #39 on: January 10, 2008, 06:46:52 PM

As a minor update to this, the entire Rockstar catalogue is OMGZBANNEDZOR to Australia.
Even titles that were, you know, released in full, unmodified form with no issues and can still be found on the cheap rack from time to time.

I'm looking at YOU, Max Payne 1 and 2.

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 10, 2008, 10:02:29 PM

Out of curiosity, did you find an actual confirmation of this?
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #41 on: January 10, 2008, 10:53:30 PM

Yes.

I followed the link from last page. Since I'm in Australia it changed/defaulted to a nearly-blank content page, but with sidebars, header, footer intact.

I followed the sidebar link: Rockstar Games Brings Full Line-up to Steam, which leads to
http://steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=news&id=1395&cc=AU

Click on the hyperlink for "The Rockstar Collection", get a birthdate page, and instead get the list of all Steam games:
http://storefront.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=all&cc=AU

Change that AU on the end of the URL to a US, and suddenly the front page includes GTA3, GTA:SA, GTA: VC and Max Payne.

Click on Max Payne, which was released here in Aust totally unmolested. The info comes up. Click on "purchase" and "Got Steam? comes up. Click "Yes, yes I do" and Steam loads up.

Then you get an error message "This subscription is not available for purchase in your country" with a click-for-more-info link.

Which then gives us this page:
http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=488&l=english

Interestingly, this page doesn't have any mention of Rockstar, but shows that Aussies and Kiwis are becoming proper fucked on Steam. Combine this bullshit with the Activision price bump on Call of Duty 4 and you have a tasty dish of DRM and region-locking.

I'm glad I only buy Valve games and super-discounted shit from Steam... other stuff is always avaialble one way or another. Usually legally, too. There's lots of cheap brand-new game sellers in the UK and Europe via eBay. Usually cost you 1/4 to 1/2 what local merchants are charging..

Steam Error: This subscription is not available for purchase in your country

Question
  I receive the Steam error message "This subscription is not available for purchase in your country." when attempting to purchase a game through Steam. What should I do?

Answer
  This error message will display if you are attempting to purchase a game which is not for sale over Steam in the region you are connecting from. Please see the region restriction information for specific titles below for more information.

Note: If the game which you are attempting to purchase is not listed below, please contact VALVe Billing and Support for assistance.

Call of Duty: United Offensive
This game is not available in Germany.

Call of Juarez
This game is not available in Canada, Mexico, and United States.

Championship Manager 07
Championship Manager 07 is available for purchase only in the following countries: Australia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Bangladesh, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus,Czech, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Israel,Italy, Malta, Mexico, Bahrain, Oman Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom.

Company of Heroes
This game is not available for purchase through Steam in Australia or New Zealand.

Company of Heroes:Opposing Fronts
This game is not available for purchase through Steam in Germany, Australia or New Zealand.

Dark Messiah
Dark Messiah is not available through Steam for purchase from the countries listed below. If you are in one of these countries, you can contact Ubisoft for more information regarding availability (http://support.ubi.com).

If you receive this message and you are not in one of the countries listed below, please click the "Ask a Question" tab at the top of this page to contact Steam Support.

Africa - Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of Congo, Democratic Republic of The Cote d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire), Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe

Asia - Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, China, Georgia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakstan, North Korea, South Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen

Eastern Europe - Bulgaria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine, Yugoslavia, UAE (Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait, Jordan and Qatar)

Dawn of War: Dark Crusade/Gold/Platinum
This game is not available for purchase through Steam in Australia or New Zealand.

Full Spectrum Warrior and Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers
This game is not available for purchase through Steam in Australia, New Zealand or Germany.

Medieval II: Total War / Total War Kingdoms
Medieval II: Total War™ and Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms™ are not available through Steam in Japan, North and South Korea, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Australia, or New Zealand.

Outrun 2006
Outrun 2006 is not available through Steam in Japan, North and South Korea, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Australia, or New Zealand.

Rome: Total War Gold / Total War Alexander
Rome: Total War Gold and Rome: Total War Alexander are not available through Steam in Japan, North and South Korea, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Australia, or New Zealand.

SEGA Rally
SEGA Rally is not available through Steam in Japan, North and South Korea, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, or the United States.

SEGA Rally Revo
SEGA Rally Revo is only available in the United States.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
This game is not available for purchase through Steam in Australia, New Zealand, or Germany.

Titan Quest and Titan Quest: Immortal Throne

Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Tomb Raider: Anniversary is not available for purchase through Steam from the following countries:
Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.

If you purchased this game prior to its release on Steam from one of the above countries, your subscription will remain valid and you may continue to play the game without any trouble.

Universe at War
Universe at War is only available through Steam in Canada, Mexico, and the United States of America.

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 10, 2008, 11:08:51 PM

Man.  This country sucks for gaming :P
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #43 on: January 12, 2008, 09:21:17 AM

The question is, would it block you from downloading the game off the server if you had it on your account.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: January 12, 2008, 11:07:50 AM

The question is, would it block you from downloading the game off the server if you had it on your account.

Or getting the game(s) as a gift maybe?  I do hope it would throw an error if they can't even download it versus just eating up the gift code.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: January 12, 2008, 04:46:06 PM

Hrm thats a good point.  I wonder if it's possible to connect steam through a proxy...
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: January 18, 2008, 03:08:10 PM

Gamersgate now has STALKER for $20.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Steam Sale 10%-50% Off Everything  
Jump to: