Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:12:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Killboard! f13.7mph.com 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Killboard! f13.7mph.com  (Read 40726 times)
Viin
Terracotta Army

on: December 16, 2007, 02:50:11 PM

EDIT:

Setup a killboard for us if we want to use it:

http://f13.7mph.com

You can post your kill mails here (good or bad) using the password F13KILL.

Feel free to use it even if you aren't in the F13 corp.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 09:57:34 PM by Viin »

- Viin
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 03:41:35 PM

Mmmmm...taste of blood in ze mouth :)

Good call though, we can leave comments about how noob our ships are when we blow up. Bonus points for equiping a Miner One or Civilian Gatling ;)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 04:52:27 PM

I have, as I mentioned before, set up the main eve-o KB before, and can do it again (it is a pain, though).  My spare server space is all .net right now, though, so we'd need some php hosting.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 09:57:57 PM

Killboard setup, see top message. Already posted the two from last sunday.

- Viin
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 06:11:32 AM

Nice, can anyone explain to me why my kill thing said this though? -

Name: Daala Phage (laid the final blow)
Security: -0.2
Corp: Guristas
Ship: Thorn Rocket

I'm in the F13 corp and have been for over a week, and I was flying a Moa at the time.  swamp poop

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 06:42:46 AM

Time to post my stupid moment last night when I got popped. You guys may enjoy this:

I'm doing missions in .5, and there's a small .4 gatecamp in the next system over; I fly into it mission running and see their setup was a raven, a myrmidon, and two other misc cruisers. They had apparently caught a badger II and a few cruisers but see they are completely incompetent -- the only people they are getting are afk haulers and complete noobs. No webbing, just DPS and pray.

I warp to deadspace, do my mission, come back through and people are chatting in the .5 local. I tell them if they are really bored, they should take out the gate camp. Fast forward 15m, someone announces the camp destroyed. I warp in hoping I can find some good loot -- I there is still stuff on the raven, but he was 150km out. I head to him.

I loot the wreck; I don't get much of value except some ammo, but I figure oh well, it was worth a try. I notice I can't warp back to the gate (duh) so I warp to the nearest asteroid field for a turnaround. I see some guristas here and they are worth 75k each! I think this will make a nice addition to my outing. I lock and start killing them. This was also where my brain apparently turned off.

10 seconds later a Vagabond warps in and before I can even align, I'm locked and scrambled. 15 seconds after that, I'm floating in a pod.

Epilogue: I come back with an ibis and loot my own wreck, can't open the cargo (I forget about the cargo button and keep trying to right click my ship to open the cargo hold) and get blown up by the rats that he generously left. I come back a second time and get the stuff he didn't destroy, including 2 of my arbalest assault launchers. Life was good.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 06:56:23 AM by bhodi »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 06:52:46 AM

Nice, can anyone explain to me why my kill thing said this though? -

Name: Daala Phage (laid the final blow)
Security: -0.2
Corp: Guristas
Ship: Thorn Rocket

I'm in the F13 corp and have been for over a week, and I was flying a Moa at the time.  swamp poop

That is supposedly fixed in today's patch.  It's an error with the trinity killmails.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 07:30:33 AM

Says I am not authorized to post my mails from last night.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 07:53:50 AM

Using that F13KILL password? Hmm. Post one here and I'll try it.

If you are doing it in game it may not work unless you are in the F13 corp (though I think I can turn that off).

- Viin
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 07:57:56 AM

Using that F13KILL password? Hmm. Post one here and I'll try it.

If you are doing it in game it may not work unless you are in the F13 corp (though I think I can turn that off).

That kb software defniitely, by default, stops you posting unless you/one of the killers are in the corp that is set as owner.

Twitter - Endieposts

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 08:05:09 AM

That kb software defniitely, by default, stops you posting unless you/one of the killers are in the corp that is set as owner.

Yah I think I know the setting, I'll go turn it off.

As long as you can't post without the password I don't care what's posted.

- Viin
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 08:23:59 AM

Ok, now it looks like it will only show the kills with f13 involved.

I posted like 5 kills from last night to just make the board look a little more active :) I might just keep posting em there...im bored enough at work.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 08:25:54 AM

Well it is a board for f13.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 08:27:28 AM

True :)

He did say he doesn't care what gets posted though as long as we have a password.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 08:28:03 AM

I posted like 5 kills from last night to just make the board look a little more active :) I might just keep posting em there...im bored enough at work.

Yah the home page will only show F13 kills (I can't seem to find how to change that) but if you search for yourself or your corp you will find the kill mails.

- Viin
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 08:51:14 AM

Updated to show all kills on the home page, but only tallies F13 losses/kills.

- Viin
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 18, 2007, 08:54:12 AM

Any other F13ers want to do a friendly competition for kills? Either way I'd like to see some kills from the other guys...helps cure my work boredom.

dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 18, 2007, 09:33:53 AM

Oh man you'll pwn me so hard. RL is kicking internet spaceships in the balls right now.

But sure, I'm in!
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 18, 2007, 09:36:40 AM

Oh man you'll pwn me so hard. RL is kicking internet spaceships in the balls right now.

But sure, I'm in!

Honestly, last night was the first roam I have been on in a week. RL will pwn me more soon with the holidays!

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: December 18, 2007, 02:37:36 PM

As long as it is by value and not by number of ships, then cool: Tri might get to kill roleplayers in punishers but Bob goes for bigger stuff and doesn't die as often :/

Twitter - Endieposts

dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: December 18, 2007, 02:49:31 PM

We'll have separate races for quantity, isk, and pods!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 18, 2007, 03:13:01 PM

We'll have separate races for quantity, isk, and pods!

That said, the KB puts the loss for battleships at about 35 mill or something  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Twitter - Endieposts

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 18, 2007, 03:21:43 PM

I updated the KB to have F13 specific Stat, Loss, Kill pages, and then a generic 'Stats' page for all posted kill mails (including top killers, and top scorers, etc).

- Viin
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 18, 2007, 04:28:04 PM

Bah, I get 0 isk for the hull on my Nightmare kill.  and nothing for his faction fittings...  Heartbreak

Also, is the KB dividing up the value of the loss by the number of participants or something?  That's a new feature if it is.

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 18, 2007, 06:57:21 PM

I might be slackin for a bit, just got COD 4 as an early xmas gift.......... :)

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: December 19, 2007, 08:38:35 AM

You assholes have me THIS close to re-subbing  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Again.  ACK!

Heart

edit: I'll just get another trial account, never did any serious pew pew anyway.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 08:45:43 AM by Der Helm »

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: December 19, 2007, 10:33:09 AM

Color me jealous of the Nightmare kill.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: December 19, 2007, 10:37:16 AM

I wanna blow stuff up! Rock Out

So whats the best way for a newer player to start working my way out to lower-sec?  I'm assuming just heading solo to the nearest 0.0 gate and trying to blow someone up won't get me very far.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: December 19, 2007, 10:57:05 AM

I'm a little surprised that noone else has posted trying to get another roam happening during the week. With my new CoD4 and a main that needs to stay active, I pretty much can only run the Sunday Night thing.

To answer your question, as a low SP Caldari cruiser/BC pilot ... the going might be tough. The key would be finding an effective and affordable ship and fit. Maybe a Caracal? I don't have much experience soloing with Caldari ships, and from my knowledge of them they are not really great at that role. I would say, find a friend or 2. Two cruisers/BCs with decent EWAR or DPS can take down a ratting battleship.

One of the main problems with Eve PVP is its not easy to find a 'fair fight'. Everyone will be looking to outnumber you, outsize you, outlag you, outrun you. Look into duoing with a particular role in mind. Both of you guys running Tracking Disruptors (with tracking speed scripts) and make it near impossible for a large ship to hit your cruiser, as you orbit him raping his face. Another old favorite (which would be changed now to using Sensor Distance) is Remote Sensor Dampeners. You lower his lock range to like 10k by both of you dampening him, and orbit at 15k with rails/missiles and watch him slowly die, basically helpless.

Have one guy run a Energy Neutralizing Battlecruiser, load up with Medium Neuts and NOSferatu (and a cap injector) while the other guy goes heavy DPS. This combo basically sucks the cap out of your target, making him unable to run, shoot, repair.

Or just throw as much firepower on two ships as possible and hope you kill something before it kills you.

Having two guys, or 2 accounts, in this game is big. 

Hakeldaima
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: December 19, 2007, 11:20:17 AM

The dampacal can be quite an effective low skill point pvp ship as Slayerik mentioned - although perhaps not a good soloship (never soloed in it).

BCU's in the lows, AB and damps in the mids, heavies in the highs. Pretty good dps with an engagement range up to 60km. Works well in a cruiser/frig gang, but needs a tackler.

I've only once flown a Thorax (30 man thorax gang that flew into TRI space shortly after the tournament and got raped), but from all accounts it's a pretty solid solo cruiser - MWD+web+scram in the mids, blasters in the highs, tank/damage mods in the lows.

But yeah, life as a single corp-less pilot in eve is hard, and more often than not, short.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: December 19, 2007, 11:37:57 AM

Color me jealous of the Nightmare kill.

You'll note I'm quite a bit down on the damage, despite using dread guristas ammo.  That's because I was actually shooting the primary: then when Lord Waratron was called primary I targetted him - plenty of time to spare as at 140km or so I had range to spare in a Rokh and had scripted accordingly - to find that his ship was already in deep armour with all the P-L killmail whores wanting to get on the killmail   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

On thing I'll say is that lag was virtually zero for me: I've always been relatively lightly hit by it, but last night I was able to warp in and warp out three times when primaried, with only a couple of seconds of module lag at most, and I was able to use ecm drones to get out when tackled, which in 9-9 would have been tricky, and in 00Y, 66- or D2 would have been downright impossible.  Grid would load, with 150-odd ships or more, in no time.  I know a few people suffered more (loading the newer graphics? I used the old ones for the fight), but I think CCP may have made some sort of a difference this time, like they claimed.

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: December 19, 2007, 11:54:14 AM

The reason you are so low on the damage is

1. Scouts

2. Rohk

:)

I love my Sniperthron RAWR

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: December 19, 2007, 12:52:26 PM

The scouts are there because of pod-jumping to Catch and scrabbling stuff together from the local market: I can fit T2s when they are around.

And the Rokh is not bad, though I am four days from an Eagle and looking forward to that (and to the Cerb for small gang stuff).  http://f13.7mph.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13 - same fight.  I'd have been top damage on a few if our tacklers had survived.

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: December 19, 2007, 12:59:12 PM

I was just giving you a hard time. Rokhs are nice boats, and the shield resist is nice. The extra turret hardpoint almost makes up for the lack of a damage bonus.

My next sniper will be a Snyperion. 8x 425 IIs with +25% to damage? Word. Bummer the armor repair bonus will go to waste, as I'm sure I'll just plate it up.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: December 19, 2007, 07:49:17 PM

Btw, kill board is offline for a few while I upgrade the damn thing to PHP5 to support the newest killboard software.

- Viin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Killboard! f13.7mph.com  
Jump to: