Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:32:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Killboard! f13.7mph.com 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Killboard! f13.7mph.com  (Read 40725 times)
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 20, 2007, 04:05:20 AM

I'm a little surprised that noone else has posted trying to get another roam happening during the week. With my new CoD4 and a main that needs to stay active, I pretty much can only run the Sunday Night thing.

I'd actually be quite happy to run a gang midweek at some point, and will when I'm back from Christmas, but someone else would have to give me suggestions of a few likely target systems to hit.  Outside of the south I'm moderately clueless about targets.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 20, 2007, 07:38:52 AM

I heard Bruce left Syndicate?
Hakeldaima
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 20, 2007, 07:43:36 AM

I thought Bruce had taken systems in Fountain (away from RISE?).
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 20, 2007, 01:37:47 PM

killboard should be back up, but with original version - new version coming later.

http://f13.7mph.com

- Viin
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 20, 2007, 11:13:13 PM

New version of the KB is up.

- Viin
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 15, 2008, 08:32:14 AM

Just a bump to make sure everyone is posting on the killboard.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: January 15, 2008, 09:06:44 AM

Still trying to figure out how it's allocating ISK for kills to members, haven't figured out what exactly is going on but it obviously doesn't make any sense.

The best measure of success on the KB will be on Killpoints, but the ISK count should work.

- Viin
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: February 04, 2008, 01:36:36 PM

Fresh bump, maybe we should just sticky this topic?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: February 04, 2008, 03:17:00 PM

I would if I could! No mods in this forum, they are scared! (Well, unless Yoru is around again.  smiley )

- Viin
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: February 05, 2008, 03:22:30 AM

I recently got disconnected in a mission and when I logged back in later, I found myself in a clone.

Since NPC's don't pod you, I conclude I was ganked, but I did not get a mail with the name of the person who destroyed my pod (or my ship, since I should have warped off on the disconnect, right) ?
 Why ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #45 on: February 05, 2008, 03:26:14 AM

I recently got disconnected in a mission and when I logged back in later, I found myself in a clone.

Since NPC's don't pod you, I conclude I was ganked, but I did not get a mail with the name of the person who destroyed my pod (or my ship, since I should have warped off on the disconnect, right) ?
 Why ?
You should have kill rights listed for the guy who podded you (bottom tab on the character sheet). If not then petition it to see what happened.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #46 on: February 05, 2008, 05:14:31 AM

He would get kill rights whether he was podded or not, unless it was a war target kinda thing. Like IainC said, check your character sheet for the kill mail and rights.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: February 05, 2008, 06:45:11 AM

Your combat log is the place to look, under "losses".

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #48 on: February 05, 2008, 09:41:12 AM

All of us need to post the loses from last night (myself included) to the Dominix at the end of another mostly frig training op.  Also send Irek your insurance cost for insuring your replacement ship for reimbursement.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #49 on: February 05, 2008, 09:43:50 AM

I'll get around to it when I'm on next.  I'm not gonna send the insurance bill to Irek, though, as I was using entirely corp-owned modules.. because my Rupture hull was empty when I got into Sankka.  swamp poop

Might be a few days tho, as I set Science to train to V so I have no pressing need to login for at least 5 days.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: February 05, 2008, 09:45:34 AM

Dominixes, vexors and other drone boats are probably the best thing to be wary of in frigate ops!

Not counting typhoons with faction smartbombs and Bhaalgorn backup...  awesome, for real

Twitter - Endieposts

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: February 05, 2008, 09:59:00 AM

Dominixes, vexors and other drone boats are probably the best thing to be wary of in frigate ops!

I think we might of been ok against the Dominex if we were ready but it was just bad timing.  Bhodi ran into him at the very last gate before we were in empire and done for the night, we had already searched the belts and everything in the system and were pretty much finished.  (He was very low security standing so fair game even on the gate.)  We were very disorganized and all over the place and his T2 drones tore into Bhodi (although he stuck it out for a while) and he beat up on  disorganized frigate stragglers jumping in to help.  Irek was in a battlecrusier but ended up with his own issues and I don't know if he ever even got to lay eyes on the Domi.  I think I managed to kill ONE drone before I had to jump out and I was in structure damage when I jumped.  Granted that one T2 drone probably cost 2X as the entire Rifter+fittings I had but getting no kill and losing Bhodi was very...bleh.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: February 05, 2008, 10:30:21 AM

Still, sounds like a useful learning experience, and at least you got a fight!

Twitter - Endieposts

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #53 on: February 05, 2008, 10:41:35 AM

I made a few mistakes:

1. I wasn't aligned, thinking I could jump through the gate if things got hairy. Gate Lockout FTL.
2. I split my EW between him and his drones, forgetting that:
   a. He can't command his drones to kill anyone if he's jammed
   b. EW apparently doesn't work on drones at all (or, maybe works, but takes WAY too much to jam them, on the order of 2 modules each)
   c. 2 racials doesn't completely lock down a BS all the time.

So, I jammed him until everyone got there, getting the jam off before he finished locking me... so his drones weren't hitting me at first. People showed up, started attacking his drones, but then I lost the jam, he sent his drones to me, my smartbombs wouldn't activate because I was sitting on the gate, plus I wasn't aligned so I popped, and then he just took out one guy after another. Again though it seems that we just don't have the DPS we need in frigates -- I'm not sure that we could have even broken his tank at all.

I lost maybe, I dunno, about 1 mil all told; Plat insurance return on a blackbird is cost + 500k, so it almost covered blackbird+insurance - I lost a few modules, I did have good named EWs, but I happened to grab them for great deals, so no biggie.

It's well worth the cost lost, to get more experienced in small scale PvP. 1 mil is pretty much nothing at this point.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 10:44:27 AM by bhodi »
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: February 05, 2008, 11:02:13 AM

I made a few mistakes:

1. I wasn't aligned, thinking I could jump through the gate if things got hairy. Gate Lockout FTL.
2. I split my EW between him and his drones, forgetting that:
   a. He can't command his drones to kill anyone if he's jammed
   b. EW apparently doesn't work on drones at all (or, maybe works, but takes WAY too much to jam them, on the order of 2 modules each)
   c. 2 racials doesn't completely lock down a BS all the time.

So, I jammed him until everyone got there, getting the jam off before he finished locking me... so his drones weren't hitting me at first. People showed up, started attacking his drones, but then I lost the jam, he sent his drones to me, my smartbombs wouldn't activate because I was sitting on the gate, plus I wasn't aligned so I popped, and then he just took out one guy after another. Again though it seems that we just don't have the DPS we need in frigates -- I'm not sure that we could have even broken his tank at all.

I lost maybe, I dunno, about 1 mil all told; Plat insurance return on a blackbird is cost + 500k, so it almost covered blackbird+insurance - I lost a few modules, I did have good named EWs, but I happened to grab them for great deals, so no biggie.

It's well worth the cost lost, to get more experienced in small scale PvP. 1 mil is pretty much nothing at this point.

For Caldari and Gallente I usually work on the basis that I need 3 jammers to keep a BS perma-jammed.

Just a couple of pointers for future smiley

Sounds like you were in transit somewhere which is why you were on the gate but otherwise you should always be at max-ECM range (which is usually out of drone range)

Bear in mind that, if you were there first, my understanding is that the drones would auto-attack you the minute you engaged if the drones were already in space - he probably didnt need to put them specifically on you until he was engaged by more than 1 target

I've only heard of people bothering to use ECM bursts on drones (and I'm really not sure why they bother since it only breaks lock) but since they have a sensor strength I guess they should be able to be jammed (lights have the same sensor strength as Frigates, Mediums as cruisers and Heavies as Battleships across all 4 sensor types)
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: February 05, 2008, 11:12:54 AM

And just for the record, I did engage the Domi with everyone else, but only for 10 seconds or so. Next thing I know I'm warping back to the belt I came from (wtf?) which was 60 AUs away. By the time I got back to the gate everyone was gone and I engaged the Domi again, killing one more of his drones and then lit out. I was barely eating into his armor tank by myself anyways.

- Viin
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #56 on: February 05, 2008, 11:15:38 AM

Sounds like you were in transit somewhere which is why you were on the gate but otherwise you should always be at max-ECM range (which is usually out of drone range)
Yes. We were heading home and hit a gatecamp from the other direction. The guy was sitting on the lowsec entrance gate, waiting to hit people coming into lowsec. It seems like I never get to fight at my optimal; I may just fit a damn MWD so I can rush out there since we always seem to be fighting /warping in on a gate or station for hi-sec warfare.

Bear in mind that, if you were there first, my understanding is that the drones would auto-attack you the minute you engaged if the drones were already in space - he probably didnt need to put them specifically on you until he was engaged by more than 1 target
You'd think that. I believe it's true, if the drones were in space. He launched them for me. We had passed through that same gate a few minutes before and were heading back; I believe he had just got there and was still setting up his camp. If the drones are out, they'll attack, but if you launch them they will just sit there apparently. I'm kind of sketchy on how this works. Maybe they don't autoattack because they are in range of gateguns or something.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 11:17:23 AM by bhodi »
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #57 on: February 05, 2008, 11:49:01 AM

You guys NPC right? Its the same effect. If I have my drones out, and someone attacks me (or if I lock and have drones engage target) they will fight until there are no more hostiles left to attack. No matter how many times im jammed, my drones will try to rape face on that first target.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: February 05, 2008, 12:31:25 PM

You guys NPC right? Its the same effect. If I have my drones out, and someone attacks me (or if I lock and have drones engage target) they will fight until there are no more hostiles left to attack. No matter how many times im jammed, my drones will try to rape face on that first target.
Does it? I've never really checked (mostly because the NPC's don't jam my targetting these days), but I really can't tell which of the following is true:

1) My drones will attack hostiles I've locked on to, even without the order.
2) My drones will attack hostiles even without the order.

I don't deploy drones until I have locked targets and aggro, and I can't recall if I've ever seen my drones go tearassing after a non-locked target. At the very least, they give priority to locked targets.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: February 05, 2008, 12:59:52 PM

Not true, unless the hostile in question starts shooting you.
2) My drones will attack hostiles even without the order.
True, if the hostile fires at you. Drones will also auto-attack a target after their current target explodes. Small drones will auto-attack frigates, medium drones will go for cruisers and large ones will attack a bs (if there are any).

If drones are attacking they will keep at it untill there are no more targets left in range, even if you are jammed/dampened the entire time.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 01:02:24 PM by lac »
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: February 05, 2008, 01:00:34 PM

They attack targets you have not locked, sometimes you lock a new target and it already has that drone attack symbol next to it.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: February 05, 2008, 01:01:58 PM

Drones will go after whoever has hit you (or them) recently.

If I'm doing PVE vs a bunch of small frigs I just get aggro and launch them, they will run around and pop, pop, pop there goes the frigs while I go loot and salvage.  No need to direct the fight or even target.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: February 05, 2008, 02:15:46 PM

Not true, unless the hostile in question starts shooting you.
That's what I meant by "hostile". I generally direct my drones -- they seem to occasionally split targets, and I don't like that.

Anyways, it's still worth it to jam the Domi and ignore the drones. Even jammed, he'll just play call and release with them, but when he's jammed he can't force them to attack his jammer, so they'll aggro more randomly.

I wonder if you can force them to aggro? Like once you jam the Domi, have someone with a solid tank drop a smartbomb on the drones -- get them focused on him while everyone else DPS's in the clear? Will they switch targets on damage, or keep on their current target? The Domi pilot probably won't recall his drones if they don't take too much damage, and if his targetting is jammed he won't be able to see how well the drone's target is tanking their damage.

If I was jammed and all my drones were concentrating on a single target and not dying, I'd probably leave them out -- but I'm a newb to PvP.
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: February 06, 2008, 12:53:41 AM

Thanks for the info

I dont NPC much anymore since I went to the dark side full time about a year ago (I find missions very boring but I do have a mission running character) and none of my characters are heavy drone users [currently] hence my drone knowledge is currently on the light side.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #64 on: February 06, 2008, 07:31:43 AM

http://f13.7mph.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=132

Still missing the other 3 kills, lazy gits.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: February 06, 2008, 07:40:15 AM

I'll grab them from the corp kill log tonight, unless we suddenly lose another 10 ships and it scrolls off ..  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

- Viin
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: February 07, 2008, 05:11:46 AM

"Top Losers"?  Should rename that, I think.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: February 07, 2008, 08:50:12 AM

It's not my fault you guys are losers!!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

- Viin
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #68 on: February 07, 2008, 08:55:52 AM

:(
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: February 07, 2008, 08:57:00 AM

Heh, actually the KB is acting a little funny because we have both F13 and BAT in there. Normally 'Top Losers' would just be folks in other corps, but it can't handle two primary corps.

- Viin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Killboard! f13.7mph.com  
Jump to: