Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:32:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Guy Faw^h^h^h Epic Fail Day (first subscription only event) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guy Faw^h^h^h Epic Fail Day (first subscription only event)  (Read 59351 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #35 on: November 06, 2007, 09:35:13 PM

It's their first REAL event. The halloween stuff was half-assed. I'm _sure_ they'll do better next time around.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: November 07, 2007, 06:51:25 AM

They are patching the servers again this morning.  The note says they are down for an update to the Guy Fawkes event.  No actual patch notes though.  Probably upping the drop rate of Bonfire Toffee recipes or something...
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #37 on: November 07, 2007, 06:56:42 AM

I think they'll probably make future events better... they have all that forum whinging and moaning to consider!  And there's a lot of it.  Nice thing is that though the game can be annoyingly buggy and borken, you can play and not pay until they DO start getting things right.  Even though the lack of inventory and storage space is FRUSTRATINGLY inadequate, the UI and chat is bollocks, there is a desperate need for guild tools and a reason to group, it's still good fun to blitz through and blow up everything in sight.  I love that stuff.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: November 07, 2007, 07:09:12 PM

True to its name, this Event is an Epic Failure. Finally got the last of the 3 foozles needed for the quest (Beer, Cheese and Bread), killed Some Guy for the next step, and 0 reward, despite 2 recipes and an elixir being listed as the 3 rewards. At this point I realize there's no in game cust. serv. (the help icon ingame redirects to the website), so I submit a ticket, and this is my immediate response:
Since our knowledge base includes answers for all In-Game or Game-Play questions, we do not reply to Game-Play inquiries.
Hellgate's customer service as almost as good as SOE's!  Shaking fist

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
schild
Administrator

Reply #39 on: November 07, 2007, 07:26:34 PM

hehehehhheheeh

First 2 paragraphs of an article I was too lazy to finish, but I might in light of this.

A few weeks ago, someone asked Are in game GMs essential? in the forums.

Well, I think I've found the answer to that question. See, I've been playing Hellgate: London. My love of loot, random levels, elite/hardcore modes and shiny particle effects aside, Flagship has managed to make one of the dumbest goddamn decisions in the history of gaming. Or maybe it was that fake PR/CS group Ping0. Either way, this is just boneheaded.

You see, Hellgate: London has no in-game support. Hell, there's no way to even submit a goddamned trouble ticket in game. Ignoring all of the billing and client issues they've had and focusing completely on the 'bugged quest' issue, I'm going to illustrate what a huge fucking problem this situation is and will continue to be for Flagship.

Exhibit A:
Phunked
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: November 07, 2007, 07:51:12 PM

hehehehhheheeh

First 2 paragraphs of an article I was too lazy to finish, but I might in light of this.

A few weeks ago, someone asked Are in game GMs essential? in the forums.

Well, I think I've found the answer to that question. See, I've been playing Hellgate: London. My love of loot, random levels, elite/hardcore modes and shiny particle effects aside, Flagship has managed to make one of the dumbest goddamn decisions in the history of gaming. Or maybe it was that fake PR/CS group Ping0. Either way, this is just boneheaded.

You see, Hellgate: London has no in-game support. Hell, there's no way to even submit a goddamned trouble ticket in game. Ignoring all of the billing and client issues they've had and focusing completely on the 'bugged quest' issue, I'm going to illustrate what a huge fucking problem this situation is and will continue to be for Flagship.

Exhibit A:

Please finish it. It would fuel my love of vitriol.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 09:09:38 PM by Phunked »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #41 on: November 09, 2007, 12:14:40 AM

No one cares, especially cause with my lousy euro-key I won't be able to play with you anyway, but HG:L is finally releasing today in Italy (heading to the store now and I am SO afraid to find out that they dubbed it....  swamp poop ). Is the event still going or I missed this one too?

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: November 09, 2007, 12:37:43 AM

I care  Heart

Look me up when you get on - Nehmet. Just got on yesterday on the only EU server :)

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: November 09, 2007, 12:46:50 AM

Aargh! Even Bulgaria got it before CrappItaly!

I'll definitely look for you. And hey today I am dating a bulgarian girl. A sign of the hellgate actually about to open? "Hellgate: Sofia" would be a wonderful expansion by the way, if not too much Half Life 2 styled.

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: November 09, 2007, 04:05:51 AM

"Street date" is today here, too. Don't worry, we suck at least as much as you do :P

And keep your hands of our girl you filthy Roman pig  Hello Kitty

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #45 on: November 09, 2007, 06:35:43 AM

I've just got the US version, but I can play on both US and EU servers. So you can join us on Shulgoth, dunno how awful the ping would be though. I'm currently on the US east coast, getting between 120-200ms on both US and EU.
Ixxit
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: November 09, 2007, 07:30:52 AM

I've just got the US version, but I can play on both US and EU servers. So you can join us on Shulgoth, dunno how awful the ping would be though. I'm currently on the US east coast, getting between 120-200ms on both US and EU.

That's odd as I thought Flagship said that this is impossible,   although I guess with all the other problems with the release I can see this as just another example of something being what it shouldn't.

I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #47 on: November 09, 2007, 07:42:19 AM

I don't remember it being said that it was unpossible but I do remember they stressed that you would need an account on both if you wanted to subscribe to both. 

I am hoping Guy Fawkes is gone when I log in again.  It's bothering me now.  Just like it does when cocky children ask me for a penny and expect a fiver.  Little bastards.  Also, I hope that someday I can get past that CIS thingy thing in Embankment thingy.

Ixxit
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: November 09, 2007, 08:42:00 AM

I don't remember it being said that it was unpossible but I do remember they stressed that you would need an account on both if you wanted to subscribe to both. 

Now that I think of it, I think you're right.

I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #49 on: November 09, 2007, 09:12:53 AM

I got past that bit I was complaining about.  It seems that what ever caused my little soldiers to keep disappearing on me resolved itself.  I did still get stuck but for some reason was still able to attack the big thingy at the end.  Hooray.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: November 09, 2007, 09:34:28 AM

When I try to connect to the Shulgoth US server it says to me "wrong password" or something like that. So we can connect from here but we need a US box/key, right?

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #51 on: November 09, 2007, 09:51:41 AM

Just set up a US account. Your box key should work again. Turns out anyone who set up their Flasgship account before a certain date got it set for both EU and US.

<edit> I forgot to point out, I only have the sub stuff on US server. On EU, I'm one of the unwashed.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 09:59:30 AM by rattran »
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: November 09, 2007, 02:09:25 PM

I am hoping Guy Fawkes is gone when I log in again.

Same here, Bell Yard absolutely demolished my machine, it's simply unplayable for me right now.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: November 10, 2007, 12:43:41 PM

Uhm, I crafted some of these funky recipes, cider, potatoes and stuff. Other than activating cool Guy Fawkes' timed icon in the upper right corner of the screen, what else are they supposed to do?

taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: November 10, 2007, 12:53:07 PM

They're supposed to make you feel like less of a sucker for paying for a subscription?

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: November 11, 2007, 06:58:55 PM

They give buffs of some kind (or at least some of them do). The apple cider gave 300/min health regen iirc. Or maybe that was the cake...

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #56 on: November 12, 2007, 06:57:37 AM

I only every got enough treacle to make one toffee apple.  The couple of people I asked had the same problem.  You're lucky if you actually got enough to make the actually toffee.  I also made a baked potato and a bottle of cider.  That's it.  I picked up a ginormous number of recipes that have treacle as a component, though.  I also picked up some sort of special cider recipe and a recipe for Zombie steak and kidney pie but never got the stuff to make them with.  Yesterday I spent my game time destroying all those recipes.  They really need to let you destroy stuff in your bank.  Some stuff I can't seem to destroy regardless of where it is.   angry

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: November 13, 2007, 06:47:20 AM

Did this end yet?

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #58 on: November 13, 2007, 07:13:10 AM

No!  It's really pissing me off.  I'm tired of destroying recipes!  I get dozens every time I play.  I have a terrible feeling they've decided to make recipes not part of an event.  That would mean we have Zombieade and Impcicle recipes scheduled for the summer.   undecided
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 07:17:04 AM by Signe »

Drubear
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: November 13, 2007, 07:15:48 AM

They should just admit they screwed up and make an Achievement for "Collecting 100 Baked Potato recipes" and have done with it.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: November 13, 2007, 07:26:18 AM

By the way, where can you see your achievements?

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #61 on: November 13, 2007, 07:30:49 AM

I think it's "J".
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: November 13, 2007, 08:32:00 AM

I think it's "J".

Yeah, It's "J".

"I hate crates."

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: November 13, 2007, 09:24:10 AM

What's the point of achievements that dont persist across characters/add to an account-based total and aren't viewable by other players? They're great for an Xbox epeen measuring contest; here they seem like a half-assed ripoff.

(As an aside, I know Steam has them also; do those add to an account based gamerscore, or are they just based on the individual games?)

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: November 13, 2007, 11:57:28 AM

Yeah, and what are the "points" they give for? There's even a TOTAL score. Are you supposed to buy stuff with those point or are just for show like "hey I have a total of achievement points bigger than you"?

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #65 on: November 13, 2007, 02:59:47 PM

WHAT THE FUCK IS IT WITH THESE FUCKING TOFFEE BLUEPRINTS???  MAKETHEMGOAWAYGODDAMMIT!!!!

I'm stressy. 

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #66 on: November 13, 2007, 04:50:57 PM

3am patch removes Guy Fawkes day.

Fucking Hooray. I would have liked to have completed the 'gunpowder plot' but not at the expense of all that crap dropping.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: November 13, 2007, 05:07:13 PM

Thank god, ive barely played the last few days cause of this.  The halloween event was so much better.

I am the .00000001428%
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: November 13, 2007, 07:18:47 PM

3am patch removes Guy Fawkes day.

Fucking Hooray. I would have liked to have completed the 'gunpowder plot' but not at the expense of all that crap dropping.
You didnt miss anything, the quest doesn't actually give you rewards. Love those bugged quests.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Guy Faw^h^h^h Epic Fail Day (first subscription only event)  
Jump to: