Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:04:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: (f13.wiki) / JotSpot Wiki Accounts 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: (f13.wiki) / JotSpot Wiki Accounts  (Read 40924 times)
schild
Administrator

on: October 20, 2007, 12:38:14 AM

Thanks to an unnamed member who was at the top of his class in Middle School. We now have a full jotspot account.

Tis free. Tis awesome. Puts Media Wiki to fucking shame.

We have file cabinets, screenshot depositories, etc.

If you would like an invite, just post here and I'll mail it to the address on file for the account. If you love wikis and love contributing to them and moderating them and shit like that, send me a PM and maybe I'll make you a moderator (once I figure out how).

I'm going to be using the calendar built into JotSpot to make a game release calendar. - Calendar bites right now.

Anyway, let's make the best wiki together. With burning passion.

Also, sorry for making another sticky.

LAST THOUGHT: This is still an internal google beta. Say thank you to the fantastic middle schooler.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 01:01:09 AM by schild »
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 12:46:26 AM

My thanks to the precocious and generous teenager.  I think I would be interested in participating.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 01:01:35 AM

My thanks to the precocious and generous teenager.  I think I would be interested in participating.

Sent! :)
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 03:04:55 AM

It doesn't really have to be a secret.  Please enjoy the shiny!  No clue what the middle school business is about ^^

Since we are not a gamesdev shop, f13 will have to enjoy this wiki beta instead of a game beta.

Disclaimer: I don't work on JotSpot itself and cannot answer questions about it, nor do I have a big pile of beta signups to give away.

- Q
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 08:38:14 AM

I would be willing to give it a shot when I have the time.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 10:40:29 AM

Count me in.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 11:04:42 AM

In.

Yes, MediaWiki is a gnarly beast…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 12:03:09 PM

I don't have any idea what the fuck this all means, but I do love hearing myself talk, so  awesome, for real

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 12:24:00 PM

I'm interested.  If nothing else, I'm VERY curious how it compares to Mediawiki, since I've been working with MW for a while and have found it generally awesome.

What're we planning on putting in this here f13 wiki?  Information on games?  Or just whatever?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 01:01:00 PM

Yes, whatever! 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 02:20:10 PM

Invites sent.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 08:34:55 PM

Sounds like fun. I'd like in just to see what it's like!
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 21, 2007, 02:55:42 AM

f13 wiki, shiny! Count me in please.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: October 21, 2007, 03:59:41 AM

Invites sent.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 21, 2007, 05:44:19 AM

Count me in!
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 21, 2007, 06:10:16 AM

Is this like a "history" type thing, of F13, or just an experiment in gaming culture, because oddly enough there's a relevant "history" thread emerging over at corpnews which began as a discussion of Ads and people absconding with donated web site funds.

Dunno what this entails, but I likely wouldn't get an invite anyways

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #16 on: October 21, 2007, 08:20:02 AM

Why not?  You've been around for a long time.  You're just the silent type.

Sairon
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 21, 2007, 08:25:46 AM

I'm intrested in checking this out  smiley
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #18 on: October 21, 2007, 08:53:19 AM

Is this like a "history" type thing, of F13, or just an experiment in gaming culture, because oddly enough there's a relevant "history" thread emerging over at corpnews which began as a discussion of Ads and people absconding with donated web site funds.

Also, I sneaked over and got distracted by your HG:L review.  Nice!  I enjoyed your article.  I found the ad thread, which was really long, read a few pages but never found the history/absconding with funds stuff but I'm pretty sure I know what that's about anyway.  I feel funny over there since they chased me away a few years ago so I never stay long.  I don't think I've tried to log in since they banned me a few years ago undecided and I always feel like Boog or Ray or someone is going to shout abuse at me even when I peek in as a guest.   Nice work on the article, though.

taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 21, 2007, 08:59:54 AM

Thanks Signe for the nice comments... The discussion of the history started on page 5, and on page 6 I posted something I'd archived for posterity detailing the whole mess.

As for why I wouldn't get an invite, I'm not that well liked on that many forums, probably because I am quiet except when I'm too vocal... and being around a long time only gets you grey hairs.

wink tongue

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #20 on: October 21, 2007, 03:16:11 PM

Holy crap, that was a walk down memory lane. Has it really been 8 years since this all started? Jeez.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 21, 2007, 03:30:25 PM

1998 to 2007.. hmm I think it's 9 years.

schild
Administrator

Reply #22 on: October 21, 2007, 03:56:30 PM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh god that hilarity.

Is that the corpnews staff fighting over the exact same shit I fought over 3 years ago?

I do believe it is. They also would have learned that at the end of the first month (first month is always awesome), the ad payout drops off as they cap IP addresses to a certain amount and they always have a good list after that first 30.

Ads are hard. They're even harder when corporations don't like words like "fuck" and "smegma." Unless they're written by the editor. And you know what they like the least, Talking about the Ads. It's like Fight Club. I think Rasputin figured that out 3 to 4 pages in. According to internal tickers, probably 80% of f13 blocked the advertisements we had/have up when compared to the advertiser fill rate. They are CPM and don't need to be clicked. And people still blocked them. This could have probably been a full time job for me if ad-blockers didn't exist. I blame the hippies.

This isn't about a history or anything even though I made a memorable thread page. Online Gamers wiki is still up. Even if it's rosey-colored, it's still enough of the random shit thrown into one place. I'm personally using it as more of a depository for screencaps and videos since the gallery and attachment functions are very nice.

If you want an invite, I have no problem giving you one. But then, I'd rather it be about games and such if it's writing you want to do. So I guess you could call it an experiment in gaming culture.
schild
Administrator

Reply #23 on: October 21, 2007, 04:21:58 PM

On another note, I see they're running Project Wonderful. I've heard good things and I've yet to see them put out a garish flash ad. I've considered switching to them but I can't find hard info on the level of their payout or rather how much they make.
Baldrake
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 21, 2007, 06:00:13 PM

Yes, please!
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #25 on: October 21, 2007, 07:26:29 PM

Still never understood why so many people feel they must block ads.

I use Firefox. I can't remember the last time an ad "intruded" upon my browsing. Then again, I'm not OCD and just ignore the little banners at the top of the page.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
schild
Administrator

Reply #26 on: October 21, 2007, 08:10:29 PM

Baldrake, sent!
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #27 on: October 22, 2007, 02:16:20 AM

This isn't about a history or anything even though I made a memorable thread page.

The first thing you should have done after making that page was put thejeni's thread in there.

Regardless, feel free to sent me an invite if you'd like.
schild
Administrator

Reply #28 on: October 22, 2007, 02:17:53 AM

Sent.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: October 22, 2007, 06:11:38 AM

While the people are friendly, i had bad dealing with jotspot (Billing, and account size), of course, this was at a time when they had really started up..so maybe it changed.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
schild
Administrator

Reply #30 on: October 22, 2007, 07:53:50 AM

While the people are friendly, i had bad dealing with jotspot (Billing, and account size), of course, this was at a time when they had really started up..so maybe it changed.

From what I can tell, we have an enterprise account. And they don't bill anymore.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: October 22, 2007, 08:42:45 AM

From what I can tell, we have an enterprise account. And they don't bill anymore.

Like i said, it was a while ago. The main issue was that i used the free for a bit, then upgraded (to get more pages and users ETC..) , however i continued to add pages, and then went over the limit on the trail, thus they locked me out of my account (That was no longer listed as a trial anywhere, especially on my bill), and sent me an e-mail requesting i remove pages.. But my account was locked and i had no way to do so, i even sent screen shots of the bill (Showing what i bought), the site size according to their web page (That showed the max amount i HAD paid for) ETC.. They kept saying it was my fault, and i needed to remove pages, this is over the course of 2 months (2 more bills at the upgraded price) with me being locked out of my account and having NO controls at all.

This was before the goggle , and all. If they no longer charge, well... I guess you get what you pay for. wink

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #32 on: October 22, 2007, 08:47:25 AM

Can I have a go? I don't know what it is, but let me in!

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #33 on: October 22, 2007, 08:55:36 AM

On another note, I see they're running Project Wonderful. I've heard good things and I've yet to see them put out a garish flash ad. I've considered switching to them but I can't find hard info on the level of their payout or rather how much they make.

I'm using Project Wonderful on the blog.  I can't speak to their payouts, because only sites with lots of hits makes that much money. But the ads are mostly not offensive. You can do animated ads, but not Flash ads AFAIK. It can be a bit of a chore keeping track of all the ads you place, especially if you place a lot of Zero bid ads (which can only last 2 days), but I'm happy with the service.

schild
Administrator

Reply #34 on: October 22, 2007, 09:02:49 AM

Is there a CPM breakdown that you can figure out? We can talk about it in PM if you want. I would kill to get rid of flash ads in a reasonable manner undecided

Flash ads are  awesome, for real.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: (f13.wiki) / JotSpot Wiki Accounts  
Jump to: