Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2024, 11:17:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: My burning question. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My burning question.  (Read 3274 times)
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

on: October 13, 2007, 12:05:18 AM

I see Archie comics for sale in every single grocery and drug store I walk into.  Places that would never dream of bothering to sell Spider-Man or Superman or any sort of real comic will have multiple Archie titles at the magazine rack and checkout counter.  My question is, who the hell is buying them?  They're fucking EVERYWHERE, but I couldn't name a single person who reads them.  I mean if I knew even one person who had a crazy mom or a retarded cousin who buys Archie comics, I wouldn't be here asking.  But I don't.

So like... what the hell?

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 01:49:01 AM

They're impulse items that parents buy for their daughters.  Marvel and DC stuff used to be available at grocery stores and 7-11's and places like that as well.  Those days are gone for various reasons, but the Archie digests remain.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 07:42:12 PM

I see Archie comics for sale in every single grocery and drug store I walk into.  Places that would never dream of bothering to sell Spider-Man or Superman or any sort of real comic will have multiple Archie titles at the magazine rack and checkout counter.  My question is, who the hell is buying them?  They're fucking EVERYWHERE, but I couldn't name a single person who reads them.  I mean if I knew even one person who had a crazy mom or a retarded cousin who buys Archie comics, I wouldn't be here asking.  But I don't.

So like... what the hell?

Archie Comics outsell pretty much everything else in the market. They are to comics what Nintendogs is to games.

Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 06:57:09 PM

They need a cover of Zombie Jughead eating Zombie Archie burgers.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 07:09:46 PM

My mom used to buy me Archie comics all the time. I have a few hundred. There was some weird shit in some of them. I think they slipped bizarre moments in just to stay sane.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 09:58:36 PM

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 08:05:11 AM

!

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 05:49:41 PM

Oh, man! I forgot all about that one.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 05:57:08 PM

I think Betty is licking her lips.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: My burning question.  
Jump to: