Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 05:07:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: "As far as I'm aware it's not a criminal offense to cook very strong chili" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "As far as I'm aware it's not a criminal offense to cook very strong chili"  (Read 4921 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: October 03, 2007, 08:36:23 PM

Spicy chili smell leads to evacuation

Not a particularly interesting story, I just like the quote.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 09:30:06 PM

My wife fried up some habeneros and Thai chiles with garlic and onion for me last week. Spicy, yes. But for the rest of the night she, I, and our 2.5 year old were coughing and sneezing from all the capsaicin in the air upstairs. I told it it was great, but not worth pepper spraying all three of us.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 09:34:31 AM

I thought the English were fond of spicy currys (curries?). Maybe they are just prejudiced against SE Asian cuisine.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 11:20:59 AM

Made chicken vindaloo from scratch once. Simmered for two hours. My roommate came home and almost fell over backwards when he opened the door. Threatened to kick me out if I ever even thought about doing it again.

It tasted great.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 12:11:37 PM

Made chicken vindaloo from scratch once. Simmered for two hours. My roommate came home and almost fell over backwards when he opened the door. Threatened to kick me out if I ever even thought about doing it again.

It tasted great.

If it makes you feel better, I'd pay you to have our house smell like vindaloo.
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 12:18:16 PM

I make hotwings every Sunday during football season.  Always varying the recipe, I added some well-aged green habenero sauce to the marinade.  Only about two tablespoons in a few dozen wings. 

The wings were incredible. 

Monday and Tuesday were filled with the cold sweats, mild hallucinations and what felt like a chest-popper in my abdomen.  I even met my spirit guide.
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 12:19:30 PM

Monday and Tuesday were filled with the cold sweats, mild hallucinations and what felt like a chest-popper in my abdomen.  I even met my spirit guide.

Was it a fox with a bowling ball?
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 12:31:12 PM

I think it was a jackalope.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 12:32:06 PM

I think we should start a new meme. Those are great creatures.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 12:44:00 PM

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 12:59:55 PM

OOooh THAT'S what the new WoW non-combat pet is.  I thought they just didn't want to call it a Jackalope for some lame reason.  It also explains why it's linked to their Ocktoberfest.  Nifty,I learned something, time to go home.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
WayAbvPar

Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007, 01:04:57 PM

Best minor league hockey team name ever.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 01:08:16 PM

Um the first one was a Jackalope, and the second one definitely is a Wolpertinger meaning NO Jackalopes don't have fangs and wings. It even includes the wiki page for Jackalope in it's description of the fabled German beer-garden hallucination.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 01:16:14 PM

My favorite band of the moment: http://www.jakalope.net/

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 06, 2007, 10:06:02 AM

Best minor league hockey team name ever.
That's where I grew up.  They were very proud of the team.  I have no idea why in the hell jackalopes were associated with W. Texas so much despite several strange theories I have heard over the years.  And don't even get me started on the retarded people at school who actually thought the jackalope was a real creature because they had seen it on a postcard in Wal-Mart...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: "As far as I'm aware it's not a criminal offense to cook very strong chili"  
Jump to: