Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:57:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Football- It's FANtastic! 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Football- It's FANtastic!  (Read 174780 times)
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

on: September 30, 2007, 01:42:36 PM

... We can turn this into a general sports forum?  I feel like I need to join three fantasy leagues if I want to talk about Sunday's football games.   tongue
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 06:13:34 PM

Just post to the General forum. That's where the college football thread is.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 09:05:45 PM

Just post to the General forum. That's where the college football thread is.

Best. Thread. EVAR!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 02:10:07 AM

I have nothing to say other than that any haters should just start sucking Dallas dick right now. You'll probably bandwagon and convert anyways, but I think it'd be best if you just get it over with early.  smiley
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 02:13:15 AM

Don't get too excited just yet.  The Rams are absolutely horrible right now.

/sad Rams fan
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 02:30:56 AM

I like Tony Romo -- he reminds me a bit of Steve Young.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 03:27:59 AM

Don't get too excited just yet.  The Rams are absolutely horrible right now.

/sad Rams fan

Actually, I'm not trying to be too hard on the Rams. I don't dislike them! I'm just thrilled that Dallas is actually winning games again. And yeah Romo is cool. A good QB (that wasn't a geezer) was a long time coming. This is going to be an awesome year for Witten too.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 03:56:56 AM

If he doesn't get hurt. Poor guy is taking a pounding catching balls over the middle.
WayAbvPar

Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 09:14:01 AM

I like Tony Romo -- he reminds me a bit of Steve Young.

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Romo has been studly this year. I took him reluctantly in one of my pay leagues, and he has me in first place by a decent margin.

Also- gonna change the title to this thread and move it to GD so we have an NFL thread. GO SEAHAWKS!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 09:16:07 AM by WayAbvPar »

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 09:33:57 AM

Romo - Amazing comeback after the disaster in the playoffs, and a fantasy God.
TO - Hate his style, love the 3 TDs and 350+ yards in 4 games.
Cowboys - 4-0, 1st in the East, and 2nd ranked in Total Offense behind the Pats and AHEAD of the Colts.

Next week the Cowboys play a 1-3 Bills team that should be another solid win if they play smart and minimize turnovers. The last time this team went 4-0 was back in 1995 when the Cowboys rolled over everyone in the playoffs to a Super Bowl XXX win. All the Dallas fans are hoping for the same thing this year.

gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 09:47:43 AM

I had hopes for my 49ers but the o line let a DT get through untouched to our QB who then proceeded to jump on his back and separate his throwing shoulder. cry
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 09:57:43 AM

Cardinals are 2-2.  HAH.  The whole Leinart-Warner experiment may be helpful for winning a few games, but it may do nothing but leave Leinart a bit iffy mentally for when Warner, you know, turns 50 and goes to live the rest of his life with his horrid wife.  Have to take off the training wheels at some time or start planning your next failed QB experiment.  Maybe I'm just dreading the day when we let Warner start again and he loses some games while putting up deceptively good numbers. 

The NFL was unkind to me this week.  I lost at everything. This league is a complete mystery this year outside of a handful of teams.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 10:02:06 AM

I hate the Cowboys. I continue to wish for Terrell Owens to take a helmet to the knee, shattering his facade and removing him from my sports world forever.

That Rams team is fucking awful. PUTRID. I think the Saints could beat them right now. I wouldn't quite get too excited about them, as look who they've beaten.

The Giants in Game 1: That was before the Giants learned how to rush the passer or play any kind of coverage. The Giants defense is FUCKING AWFUL. They have gotten better since their first two games, but really, they aren't that great. They beat the piss out of McNabb last night, but McNabb looked like he was Drew Bledsoe, completely unable to scramble. Dallas STILL gave up 35 points to the Giants, and again, they aren't that good.

The Dolphins in Game 2: The Fins can't beat anybody. Their defense is old, slow and incompetent against the pass, and their offense is just as bad. They lost the RAIDERS badly, for fuck's sake.

The Bears in Game 3: This would have been their toughest test, if the Bears were worth a shit. They aren't. Their defense is still good, but not nearly good enough to keep them in most games. Their offesne under Grossman... it's REX GROSSMAN. While still impressive that they put up over 30 points, it's the REX GROSSMAN BEARS.

The Rams in Game 4: The Rams can't stop ANYBODY. Bulger is playing with broken ribs, and is bad and Jackson was out. This team is bad bad bad bad bad.

Not one team they've played is any good. Among the 4-0 teams, I would consider Dallas 3rd behind the Colts and the Pats (Well, the Pats aren't 4-0 yet, but really they will be after tonight), and only ahead of Green Bay because the Packers have no running game yet. But Dallas's defense is pretty mediocre, and I think a good team is going to ram it down their throats. Probably in Week 6. But looking at their schedule, I'm not sure I see many other teams challenging them. They have a soft schedule mainly because their division is so weak.

Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 10:30:49 AM

That Rams team is fucking awful. PUTRID. I think the Saints could beat them right now.

Who put the fucking gris-gris on the Saints?

I liked the part where we were winning and people said "New Orleans" and "Superbowl" in the same sentence without using some form of negative.

But, yes, Rams suck.
WayAbvPar

Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 10:32:55 AM

I think it is all the killer mold that FEMA is growing in the city that is killing the Saints.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 11:20:54 AM

Is it sad that as a Bears fan I've pretty much reached the point of watching the games for highlights of a line backer's tackles and for punt returns? Oh well, as long as we stay ahead of the fins.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #16 on: October 01, 2007, 11:37:37 AM

Not one team they've played is any good. Among the 4-0 teams, I would consider Dallas 3rd behind the Colts and the Pats (Well, the Pats aren't 4-0 yet, but really they will be after tonight), and only ahead of Green Bay because the Packers have no running game yet. But Dallas's defense is pretty mediocre, and I think a good team is going to ram it down their throats. Probably in Week 6. But looking at their schedule, I'm not sure I see many other teams challenging them. They have a soft schedule mainly because their division is so weak.

What? I mean I understand hating the Cowboys, but calling the schedule soft because of a bad start for two teams in the division isn't really fair. I mean look at the freaking Colts! They play in a division with Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Houston. Can you find me a team there that's head and shoulders better than the East? I can't. The Jags and Titans are 29th and 23rd in scoring. The Bears score more points than they do. Houston lost to the Falcons. Did you hear that right? Yeah, those Falcons. However, I can almost guarantee that the Eagles will turn things around and give the Cowboys a run for their money. They always do. They went 6-2 after the halfway point last year.

The Cowboys are the real deal this year, hate them or not. I think they will probably lose 3-4 games, most likely one to the Pats in Week 6, and they will earn the top spot in the NFC.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007, 11:54:17 AM

Is it sad that as a Bears fan I've pretty much reached the point of watching the games for highlights of a line backer's tackles and for punt returns? Oh well, as long as we stay ahead of the fins.

God damn that game was hard to watch.  Bring back the Kyle Orton era!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #18 on: October 01, 2007, 11:55:17 AM

The Cowboys schedule IS soft. The Eagles are in no way a convincing team. Their special teams are fucking atrocious and have already lost them one game. McNabb wasn't just ordinary last night, he was fucking awful. Their defense, while good, isn't going to do any better job stopping the Cowboys than they did against the Giants.

The Giants team is terrible. They dropped more balls last night than a hooker with Parkinson's. Had McNabb been anything like his former self, he'd have been sacked about 1/4 as much as he was, and if the Eagles had any good receivers, it would have been a lot closer.

Washington is similarly unconvincing to me. They barely beat Miami (shit team), their offense took a half off against the Giants and lost, and they beat the Eagles with Westbrook(see above). The Skins are the only team in the division who will give them trouble.

The Jets, Detroit and Minnesota are all gimme games. Detroit is probably the one they will lose. The Carolina game is a tossup, but the Panthers are in no way a consistently good team right now, and are even worse with Carr under center. Green Bay and New England are the only good teams I see left on their schedule, and I see the Green Bay game being a shootout. So out of 16 games, I see what 5 games as potentially tough for the Boys (2 against Washington, the Bears, Pats and Packers) and the rest being games that a good team should win without question. It may not have LOOKED like a soft schedule when they were making the fixtures, but it's turned out that way with the Eagles being such a disappointment.

EDIT: As for the Colts, their division is on the rise. The Jags have a strong D, the Texans are certainly not pushovers like last year and the Titans have Vince Young, who makes a difference even when he shouldn't. Of course, looking at the Colts' schedule now, their schedule looks about as soft as the Cowboys, only with better defensive divisional competition.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 11:57:46 AM by HaemishM »

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #19 on: October 01, 2007, 12:11:19 PM

Lol, great... Basically the whole league sucks and the Boys are getting a free ride. Gotcha.  rolleyes
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #20 on: October 01, 2007, 12:22:01 PM

Lol, great... Basically the whole league sucks and the Boys are getting a free ride. Gotcha.  rolleyes
Welcome to the NFC!

"Me am play gods"
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 01, 2007, 12:24:58 PM

GO PACKERS! Hehe life in Green Bay is so much more livable if we win. Everybody is so damn grouchy if we lose a game.

I was really not expecting much of anything this year given how young our offense is. I was expecting a decent defense and a struggling offense and maybe an 8 and 8 season again.

What we got is favre who is really throwing great and receivers who seem to be learning the system pretty fast or at least fast enough to get the job done.

I was thinking when I looked at our starting schedual we would be doing good to be 2 and 2 at this point. But here we are at 4-0 and looking competent color me surpised.

Are they one of the best teams in football nah but they are playing good and its fun to watch them and thats about all I ask for from my team. The pack won this week and the vikes and bears lost all is well in the universe.

Its pretty funny that they are doing so good when you just know the opposing teams know exactly what we will try to do to them and they still cannot stop favre. We have NO running game none, zip, nadda, nil. To go 4 and 0 against good teams who know damn well how one dimensional you are is pretty impressive.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #22 on: October 01, 2007, 12:30:02 PM

Fuck this anti T.O. stuff, he's nothing compared to Randy Moss in terms of fucking outright bullshit fuckwads.  Also T.O. has never done anything bad off the field except try to kill himself.  The guy has confidence problems, almost everyone in SF is convinced he is a closet homosexual which explains a ton when you think about it.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 01, 2007, 12:46:24 PM

In the Rams defense, we lost most of our front line in the first two weeks, some of them for the whole season.  Plus there's that whole Bulger-playing-with-broken-ribs-and-getting-sacked thing.

That said, I may be abandoning my hometown Rams for my college state Packers   Hello Kitty
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #24 on: October 01, 2007, 12:57:18 PM

The NFC is a REALLY SHITTY CONFERENCE right now. The best teams in it are the Cowboys, Packers, Seahawks and TAMPA? That's shitty, and I say that as a Packers fan. I mean, Detroit is 3-1 for fuck's sake, and they got tattooed with 51 points against an Eagles team that hasn't worried anyone else they've played. You look up and down the standings in the AFC and tell me you are convinced that Arizona or the 49ers or the Giants should be 2-2.

Of course, looking through the standings, it's shaping up to be a really weird year in the NFL. It isn't just parity, there are somethings happening with teams and players that are like full moon weird.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #25 on: October 01, 2007, 01:09:42 PM

Why are the conferences lop-sided with the salary cap?

"Me am play gods"
WayAbvPar

Reply #26 on: October 01, 2007, 04:01:58 PM

Also T.O. has never done anything bad off the field except try to kill himself.

If only he was as good at that as he is at catching TD passes and running his fucking yap. ALL THE LIVELONG DAY.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #27 on: October 01, 2007, 04:09:16 PM

The NFC is a REALLY SHITTY CONFERENCE right now. The best teams in it are the Cowboys, Packers, Seahawks and TAMPA? That's shitty, and I say that as a Packers fan. I mean, Detroit is 3-1 for fuck's sake, and they got tattooed with 51 points against an Eagles team that hasn't worried anyone else they've played. You look up and down the standings in the AFC and tell me you are convinced that Arizona or the 49ers or the Giants should be 2-2.

Of course, looking through the standings, it's shaping up to be a really weird year in the NFL. It isn't just parity, there are somethings happening with teams and players that are like full moon weird.

Dude, what in the hell are you talking about? The AFC basically has 3 teams! The Colts, Pats, and Steelers. Denver's 2-2 and looking very shitty barely eeking out wins against Buffalo and Oakland, but losing horribly to Jacksonville and Indy. It's exactly the same in both conferences this year. There will be 3 teams that step up and make things interesting, while the rest of the LEAGUE looks like shit across the board.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #28 on: October 01, 2007, 04:29:46 PM

The AFC South is the strongest division in football right now. There's a reason why the Colts lost to those teams on the road last year. However this year the AFC is not looking to be as dominant over the NFC as it was last year. The Chargers fall off is the most obvious example but the Ravens D is not nearly as good as it was in years past. There's still nobody in the NFC that's shown themselves as being as good as the Pats or the Colts, however.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: October 01, 2007, 09:19:13 PM

Bengals tackling was absolutely horrid.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #30 on: October 01, 2007, 09:20:44 PM

That's what happens when you have no linebackers playing.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: October 02, 2007, 05:51:31 AM

Go Browns!

I'm overjoyed at the 2-2 record, they were one blocked field goal away from being 3-1! With the toughness of their schedule for the first 5 games I really expected at best a 1-4 record and then a head coaching change. I think Romeo just bough himself the rest of the year and I actually think the Browns might be able to reach a near .500 record.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: October 02, 2007, 07:44:27 AM

Anyone here about 230 lbs and can run a 4.5 40?  Cinci needs LB's and will pay well.  I have a good friend that played LB for Atlanta and SanDiego.  At 40, he's starting to wonder if his phone is going to ring soon.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: October 02, 2007, 08:11:07 AM

It's a battle of which team can keep their third string healthy at this rate.    Injuries are always bad, but this year is absurd.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #34 on: October 02, 2007, 09:26:35 AM

Dude, what in the hell are you talking about? The AFC basically has 3 teams! The Colts, Pats, and Steelers. Denver's 2-2 and looking very shitty barely eeking out wins against Buffalo and Oakland, but losing horribly to Jacksonville and Indy. It's exactly the same in both conferences this year. There will be 3 teams that step up and make things interesting, while the rest of the LEAGUE looks like shit across the board.

I'd put Denver (much as I hate to say it) and Jacksonville against any of the NFC teams this year and expect them to win or at least keep it close. Even Dallas. Denver's O is better than I thought, and their D is better than Dallas. Jacksonville's D is better than any defense in the NFC, including the Bears, Packers, Bucs and the Cowboys. I'd actually put Tennessee above half the teams in the NFC. Houston losing to Atlanta had a lot to do with their running game. Ahman Green was out, leading them to rely on Ron Dayne. You ain't getting much if Ron Dayne is your feature back.

The Chargers' shittiness is very surprising to me this year. I keep expecting them to get their mojo back, though, despite the loss to KC.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Football- It's FANtastic!  
Jump to: