Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:26:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Team Fortress 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Team Fortress 2  (Read 178814 times)
Jobu
Terracotta Army

Lord Buttrot

Reply #35 on: September 20, 2007, 06:49:56 PM

Blue or Red?

Blue4Life over here.

Is Blue the new Alliance and Red the new Horde?
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #36 on: September 21, 2007, 05:43:07 AM

Last night was fun, even with the turtlefest at 2fort.

We probably had 12+ f13 guys there and around 8-10 on teamspeak. If you get a few more we can basically take over an empty server. That rocks.

schild: Is there multiple channels on that TS? IIRC there was just the one. If we actually got 20 guys on there it would be cool to have a red room, and a blue room.

I have some buddies that I havent invited to TS cause, well, they arent f13ers. I may invite a couple so we could actually fill a server.

P.S. - bhodi: I musta pissed this guy off in some posts, cause he sure has a hard on for trying to knife my ass. :D  Most the time I make em eat shotgun, so it's good times all around! lol   Hopefully see ya all tonight. I'll probably be drunk, f34r ze drunken Slay!!!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #37 on: September 21, 2007, 06:49:38 AM

I was really an equal opportunity knifer. My knife is indiscriminate, there's nothing personal about it, except for the glee I feel at your fallen corpse. :)

Sorry to Nix too, who ended up getting the pointy end quite a bit.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #38 on: September 21, 2007, 06:50:08 AM

I was really an equal opportunity knifer. My knife is indiscriminate, there's nothing personal about it, except for the glee I feel at your fallen corpse. :)

I got you a couple times.  So it's all good.

Do have "4-click-6" bound somewhere?  I hardly ever saw you in spy form after the stab.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #39 on: September 21, 2007, 07:11:59 AM

When does the orange box come out, you fuckers?
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #40 on: September 21, 2007, 07:16:54 AM

Do have "4-click-6" bound somewhere?  I hardly ever saw you in spy form after the stab.
You can hit 'b' to change form to your last selected one. It only takes about two seconds. Since you can also do it while cloaked, you knife someone, then cloak and change, run to an unobserved spot, and decloak.

And yes, perforations (or deformations of the head) were to be had by all.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: September 21, 2007, 08:09:17 AM

I've decided that there needs to be more achievements, and much much more stats and visuals and comparisons of stats amongst the community.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #42 on: September 21, 2007, 08:35:57 AM

I hate you.

With real scorn.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #43 on: September 21, 2007, 10:42:49 AM

How do I join the same game as you guys are playing. I was on at the same time as everyone, but I couldnt figure it out.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #44 on: September 21, 2007, 10:53:51 AM

Words of wisdom.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #45 on: September 21, 2007, 10:59:14 AM

Ok, just got the Orange Box.  Prepare for the worst competitive FPS player ever.

-Rasix
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #46 on: September 21, 2007, 11:17:56 AM

How do I join the same game as you guys are playing. I was on at the same time as everyone, but I couldnt figure it out.
In the friends menu, you should be able to right click on the name, then join game.

I suggest you actually load up TF2 and do it from within the game using the overlay, that way the time between detecting an open slot on the server and actually getting in the game is minimalized.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #47 on: September 21, 2007, 11:49:42 AM

Is there any way to join a game from the f13 group or do we all have to add everyone to our friends list?
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #48 on: September 21, 2007, 11:59:58 AM

You can, theoretically -- sometimes the option "Join Game" is greyed out with people who are in f13, sometimes it's not. I don't know why.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #49 on: September 21, 2007, 12:06:15 PM

I just added schild as a friend and I follow him around like a lost puppy. <3 schildy

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #50 on: September 21, 2007, 03:29:42 PM

Ok, so maybe you guys can help me with this.

I use Kaspersky Internet Securities. It fucking HATES Steam games. Like they are its mortal enemies. So far to play TF2 I have to disable Kaspersky. I dont enjoy having to do that each time.

I have had Kaspersky create rules saying the game is ok, and all that stuff, but each time I launch it, it pops up its little window asking if its ok to run the game, and that minimizes the game, and if I tab back in the game crashes.

Help?
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #51 on: September 21, 2007, 03:39:29 PM

Ok, so maybe you guys can help me with this.

I use Kaspersky Internet Securities. It fucking HATES Steam games. Like they are its mortal enemies. So far to play TF2 I have to disable Kaspersky. I dont enjoy having to do that each time.

I have had Kaspersky create rules saying the game is ok, and all that stuff, but each time I launch it, it pops up its little window asking if its ok to run the game, and that minimizes the game, and if I tab back in the game crashes.

Help?
Uninstall Kapsersky, buy a router.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Grublet
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: September 21, 2007, 03:49:32 PM

Ok, here's how to make Steam games work with KIS.

First, Anti-Hacker must be set on Low Security level. Then delete every single entry in the settings for any steam game. Reboot computer. Enjoy.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #53 on: September 21, 2007, 04:30:09 PM

Runs great. No crashes (just had one on launching a map) after I bumped down the DX level and upgraded my vid drivers.

This is fun shit.  I need to get a new mouse though, mine isn't going to cut it (wireless).

-Rasix
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #54 on: September 21, 2007, 04:39:19 PM

Much fun was had.

I was up until 2:30 am. I get up for work at 6:30am. Oh well.

We need to organize more on Cap Point maps; trying to win matches during Sudden Death is not reliable.  evil

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #55 on: September 21, 2007, 09:39:21 PM

Are all you guys buying through Steam, or is the box out on the shelves yet?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
lesion

Reply #56 on: September 21, 2007, 10:14:55 PM

Steam preorder thingy deal, it's not "out" yet.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

Reply #57 on: September 21, 2007, 10:26:32 PM

Yep, helluvah lot of fun. Nix, Slayer, Bhodi and myself were rockin the shit earlier today.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 10:28:31 PM by Falwell »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: September 22, 2007, 03:41:22 AM

Blue or Red?

Blue4Life over here.

Is Blue the new Alliance and Red the new Horde?

After the inevitable time I was playing on a team-kill enabled server, and sneaked through some tunnel or other, came out amoungst my own team, forgot I was blue, and slaughtered everyone; I decided I'm sticking with Red from now on.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
schild
Administrator

Reply #59 on: September 22, 2007, 07:32:41 AM

Grublet, you are not me. Why do you use picture of me. Why.

Also, I've been collecting tons of screenshots of people killing me and such. If you want me to crop them down for avatars, just say so.

Edit: Example:

I do, of course, have full size screens. f(o_O(f  <};_;<} If I don't have a picture, I'll take one in the next game we play together, of course, we play regularly enough that I'll probably end up taking it anyway. Fuck this game has style.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 07:40:39 AM by schild »
Grublet
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: September 22, 2007, 07:50:42 AM

I know how much you love it when I call you s-child.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #61 on: September 22, 2007, 09:20:20 AM

I was in for a bit but never got to kill SChild. I did kick some serious ass before he showed up.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #62 on: September 22, 2007, 12:28:35 PM

Quite a bit? I believe you had a streak of 5 before someone killed you. YOU HATE ME AND YOU KNOW IT!
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #63 on: September 22, 2007, 12:41:25 PM

Heh, no one ever plays medics. What's also weird is that no one ever plays heavies.

WayAbvPar

Reply #64 on: September 22, 2007, 01:23:50 PM

I see all you bastards playing via Steam all the time. If I buck up and buy, you will all disappear as per usual, right?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #65 on: September 22, 2007, 02:08:50 PM

....Eventually.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #66 on: September 22, 2007, 03:26:17 PM

Heh, no one ever plays medics. What's also weird is that no one ever plays heavies.

I was on for like 6 hours last night and the Heavy has the most playtime of any class so far on my stats thingie.

Nothing like a Heavy + 2 medics to put The Fear in you.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 03:27:52 PM by Yoru »
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: September 22, 2007, 04:01:50 PM

I was on for like 6 hours last night and the Heavy has the most playtime of any class so far on my stats thingie.

Nothing like a Heavy + 2 medics to put The Fear in you.

One spy is all you need for that, but that assumes they aren't moving all over the place and you don't get stupid fucking special backstab manuever that might take an extra second and throw your aim off instead of regular slash attack that hits instantly and is much more accurate.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: September 22, 2007, 05:11:17 PM

Schild: Awesome.

I had Grubs following me around earlier.

Pocket healer ftmfw.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #69 on: September 22, 2007, 05:33:46 PM

I played mostly heavy which is awesome when you have a medic behind you, there were some great moments where I mowed down half the enemy team.  I can't see it in the stats though so I guess our server doesn't do that or it takes a while to update.

Oh and if your playing engineer the Heavies will give you big sloppy kisses if you build teleporters so that we don't have to waddle all the way to the front line :).

Edit: In the stats page where all of those "Most whatever" fields are is that per life or round?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 05:37:56 PM by Miasma »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Team Fortress 2  
Jump to: