Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:18:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Hellgate London Alpha 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hellgate London Alpha  (Read 393950 times)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #910 on: October 30, 2007, 07:44:31 AM

Heh, I just got the CE delivered.  When you look at the pictures online it seems the exact same size as normal boxes but it is actually about twice as big.  It looks like one of those oversized display boxes, it's still just a standard cheap cardboard box though.

I called EB and told them it was apparently released today according to press and numerous reports of people getting theirs delivered. They said no. I hung up and installed it from EA direct.

lol.

Question: Do we have to reinstall the retail or can we just amend our account w/ a retail key?
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #911 on: October 30, 2007, 07:48:50 AM

I started the EA installer program and instead of it prompting me to download HGL it just said PLAY. And I did. But the servers weren't up and FSS's PR department is still ass so who even fucking knows when they're going to be up. Because essentially what I venture is happening is:

1)They said they'd bring the beta servers back up so people could reserve their names but they're not up
2)It's not 9am Pacific and, really, why would you want to put in a little extra time the day or two before release, especially given that there might be East Coasters playing?
3)And that this early release stuff may be complete nonsense in which case someone gave the go ahead to deliver the boxes early which would be a monumental fuck up.

Which is just a complete guess on my part but I know that I have the game and you have the game and other people have the game but there's no fucking game because there are no fucking servers.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #912 on: October 30, 2007, 07:54:43 AM

I started the EA installer program and instead of it prompting me to download HGL it just said PLAY. And I did. But the servers weren't up and FSS's PR department is still ass so who even fucking knows when they're going to be up. Because essentially what I venture is happening is:

1)They said they'd bring the beta servers back up so people could reserve their names but they're not up
2)It's not 9am Pacific and, really, why would you want to put in a little extra time the day or two before release, especially given that there might be East Coasters playing?
3)And that this early release stuff may be complete nonsense in which case someone gave the go ahead to deliver the boxes early which would be a monumental fuck up.

Which is just a complete guess on my part but I know that I have the game and you have the game and other people have the game but there's no fucking game because there are no fucking servers.

I'm going to guess, they discovered they were not quite as ready as they thought. I'm predicting...no forums for 3 days so they don't have to listen to the bitching... I might have to go visit guru just to watch all the whining about people not getting the name they wanted.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #913 on: October 30, 2007, 07:55:11 AM

Well, I was getting the server offline error message until today.  Now I'm getting the not connecting with server message.  Not that it means anything different....

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #914 on: October 30, 2007, 07:56:16 AM

Let's be honest, the real problem here is that if you preordered the fucking game in stores, it looks as though you won't get it until November 2nd.

Seriously.

I'm just about done with gamestop.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #915 on: October 30, 2007, 07:57:31 AM

Isn't this the same thing they did with the beta?  Announce it for one date, then release early in a mass of confusion and anger?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #916 on: October 30, 2007, 08:01:15 AM

Isn't this the same thing they did with the beta?  Announce it for one date, then release early in a mass of confusion and anger?

It was!  And it was very exciting! 

Hopefully, they'll still bring the beta server back up for those who don't get their boxes on time and then transfer the characters to the server you want.  I would become confused and disoriented if anyone else was running around with the name Schild.   undecided

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #917 on: October 30, 2007, 08:04:12 AM

If I can't reserve the names Hugs, Cuddles, TomTom, Beullah, Ator, Nerdcore, and Tacostain I'm going to have an aneurysm.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #918 on: October 30, 2007, 08:09:07 AM

When I was little, there was a kid named TomTom who lived in the woods near our house.  We used to hit him on the head (not hard!) like he was a drum.  I feel very guilty.  He was really strange and I think we might have made him brain damaged.   embarassed

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #919 on: October 30, 2007, 08:24:42 AM

I sure hope no one takes my names!

Blademaster: Drizzt
Guardian: Lancelot
Evoker: Gandalf
Summoner: Snape
Marksman: ThePunisher
Engineer: Scotty

If you're reading this please don't take them, I thought of them first!

Edit: Added sarcastic green, just in case...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 11:46:57 AM by Miasma »
schild
Administrator

Reply #920 on: October 30, 2007, 08:36:16 AM

I wanted all my names to be common household pets. That's seeming less and less like a possibility. Maybe I'll name them after kung-fu moves or chinese/american restaurant dishes.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #921 on: October 30, 2007, 08:38:20 AM

I was going to go with the Super Friends.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #922 on: October 30, 2007, 08:40:22 AM

They're pretty much dead to me, and it's due to pre-order fuckuppery.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #923 on: October 30, 2007, 08:42:40 AM

Fun foods:

Escamoles
Casu Marzu
Lutefisk
Pacha
Balut

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
schild
Administrator

Reply #924 on: October 30, 2007, 08:42:55 AM

They're pretty much dead to me, and it's due to pre-order fuckuppery.
It's funny. I have over 40 things on preorder from now to the beginning of January.

Fucking up on an mmog is the LAST STRAW.

Worst part, I'm friends with all the people there.
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

Reply #925 on: October 30, 2007, 08:44:01 AM

Heh, I just got the CE delivered.  When you look at the pictures online it seems the exact same size as normal boxes but it is actually about twice as big.  It looks like one of those oversized display boxes, it's still just a standard cheap cardboard box though.

I called EB and told them it was apparently released today according to press and numerous reports of people getting theirs delivered. They said no. I hung up and installed it from EA direct.

lol.

Question: Do we have to reinstall the retail or can we just amend our account w/ a retail key?

My money is on the latter Hat. My reasoning for this is the fact that after they put the pre load up on EA, it already showed me as having it installed ie. it was reading the beta client as a full retail one. Didn't download a damn thing. So I would assume just popping in a retail key to your account would set you straight. Worst case scenario would be some extra patching involved.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #926 on: October 30, 2007, 08:56:18 AM

Awesome, won't have to worry about not getting my box till Monday then.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #927 on: October 30, 2007, 09:43:35 AM

I'm not going to call BestBuy (I already gave them $10 for the preorder box and the dye kit) to see how bad they are going to fuck me untill 5:15 today, because I have to work and my focus is already fucked up as dreams of setting people on fire then shooting them in the face with a shotty dance through my head.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #928 on: October 30, 2007, 10:50:56 AM

EB hasn't fucked on for me yet.  I nearly always pre-order from them.  This time I just did the digital download, mostly because I like the dye kit.  We've ordered a few games in the past from Amazon and they've always come late. 

PS  I have no purpose today.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #929 on: October 30, 2007, 10:52:33 AM

I will give you purpose:

Report to use the time the servers open up and swallow the internet whole.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #930 on: October 30, 2007, 12:48:43 PM

ATTN Beta Players!
Hey everyone. Sorry for the short notice, but in the next 15 minutes or so, you'll be able to hop into the game and start creating characters. This goes for both the US and EU servers. Get to it!

More updates to follow...

http://www.hellgatelondon.com/underground/attn-beta-players

schild
Administrator

Reply #931 on: October 30, 2007, 12:52:51 PM

fuck

i get off work in 30 minutes
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #932 on: October 30, 2007, 01:04:00 PM

I'll take schild for you...

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #933 on: October 30, 2007, 01:06:37 PM

I'm going to try to get my retail box but I'm wondering if my mistake of being too drunk all weekend to remember to sign up for the beta w/ my preorder key is going to punish me.  I have the preorder key, from way back, but I never made a beta account...

This is going to be interesting.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #934 on: October 30, 2007, 01:09:51 PM

So - what server is everyone going to be on? Shul or Aba?

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #935 on: October 30, 2007, 01:13:20 PM

And now...

Hey everyone. Sorry for the short notice, but in the next 15 minutes or so at 1:30PM PDT, you'll be able to hop into the game and start creating characters. At 5:00PM PDT, the game will open up to everyone else. This goes for both the US and EU servers. Get to it!

schild
Administrator

Reply #936 on: October 30, 2007, 01:21:18 PM

Pick a server. Make a thread. Pick the least slammed one.

Like we did with Earthen Ring.

It's bound to have problems.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #937 on: October 30, 2007, 01:31:29 PM

Pick a server. Make a thread. Pick the least slammed one.

Like we did with Earthen Ring.

It's bound to have problems.

Fuck it,

I'm leaving early and will be home in an hour, so you fuckers better have something picked by then.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #938 on: October 30, 2007, 01:32:10 PM

Funny shit is I'm supposed to play poker tonight.

Guess I'm leaving work early to get my download setup ... and I came in late today too. ;_;

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #939 on: October 30, 2007, 01:33:23 PM

Nothing seems to be happening yet.

wirespeed
Terracotta Army

Reply #940 on: October 30, 2007, 01:36:24 PM

For anyone that used the EA store (I know... I know...).  In the last hour, my preloaded download's release time changed from 7 hours; 9PM PST tonight to 21 hours or ~9AM PST tomorrow.

That's what I get for using the EA store I guess.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #941 on: October 30, 2007, 01:37:49 PM

Servers are apparently up now. Of course, I just found this out after uninstalling the beta client. Open to non-beta at 5pm PDT
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #942 on: October 30, 2007, 01:39:34 PM

4:50pm EST and the servers are still down. The first thing I'm doing is taking the name Signe. I propose that we all join the Sluggorth (whatever) server as that's the only one still showing up.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #943 on: October 30, 2007, 01:39:51 PM

Have to love it when a digital download directly from the publisher is delayed past a brick and mortar launch time....

I really hope someone at EA fixes this shortly.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #944 on: October 30, 2007, 01:44:23 PM

Well, if no other aspect of this game is like an actual MMORPG, at least the launch day is!  Rimshot

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Hellgate London Alpha  
Jump to: