Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:46:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Hellgate London Alpha 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hellgate London Alpha  (Read 394053 times)
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

Reply #875 on: October 27, 2007, 11:26:21 PM

Oh, that's another Halloween kicker. Both the pet and the mask are items you can put together from parts you find out in instances. Both are permanent and can be used year round.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #876 on: October 28, 2007, 12:47:04 AM

Any good spoilers sites for the game?  The wiki is really weak.
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Reply #877 on: October 28, 2007, 03:09:11 AM

www.hellgateguru.com

The community there is complete and utter ass, but they do have the skinny on just about everything Hellgate.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #878 on: October 28, 2007, 10:47:03 AM

Is the mini game gone for good?

I am the .00000001428%
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #879 on: October 28, 2007, 03:55:02 PM

www.hellgateguru.com

The community there is complete and utter ass, but they do have the skinny on just about everything Hellgate.

Utter ass you say?  I found this little gem :

I play online because I like the feeling of superiority my hardcore style provides me. In D2 I have that. I hope to have that in Hellgate London.

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #880 on: October 28, 2007, 08:06:54 PM

The mini-game was broken for transferred toons on the Test Center, but worked fine on newly created ones. And it was persistent over zones, including stations, so it was easier to complete. Instead of spawning a boss crowd, it just dropped the phat loots on the floor when it completed.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #881 on: October 29, 2007, 01:27:41 PM

The mini-game was broken for transferred toons on the Test Center, but worked fine on newly created ones. And it was persistent over zones, including stations, so it was easier to complete. Instead of spawning a boss crowd, it just dropped the phat loots on the floor when it completed.

Sucks if they took out the mini-game. I like figuring out systems then breaking them so the game is no longer fun.

Also: what's the word on playing today?
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #882 on: October 29, 2007, 02:12:12 PM

Also: what's the word on playing today?

Been trying but keep getting the message that the servers are down.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #883 on: October 29, 2007, 02:17:18 PM

If you start playing early, you'll go through the first 3 acts without cinematics, voiceovers, or (most importantly) the day 1 patch. I plan on waiting for release.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #884 on: October 29, 2007, 02:58:16 PM

All right, well, I'm not having much success here.  I try to log in to the beta server but it gives me an invalid account/password notice.  The test centre server doesn't work at all, it's offline.  So I assume my login got wiped and I need to create it again, clicking on that button sends me to a website with a 403 Forbidden error message.  I try to see what the hell is up on the forums and I get a database error.

That's a clean sweep baby awesome, for real.
schild
Administrator

Reply #885 on: October 29, 2007, 02:58:32 PM

Hahahahhahahaha.
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Reply #886 on: October 29, 2007, 03:14:27 PM

Last thing I knew was that FSS planned on upping the servers today to let people reserve names and get a head start if they want. Supposedly this will also be the time when the forums and account management features will be opened up as well. They're on west coast time so this could come around fairly late for we east coast chaps.

Also we need to think of a guild name. Something witty, rude, dry, but with just enough class to keep it tasteful.

My vote is for "Poor White Trash"
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #887 on: October 29, 2007, 03:16:48 PM

Fat Drunk Bastards.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
schild
Administrator

Reply #888 on: October 29, 2007, 03:18:06 PM

Mom's Asshole Pie or MAP.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #889 on: October 29, 2007, 03:23:36 PM

Mom's Asshole Pie or MAP.

Nice.

How about:

Citizens Versus National Threats

or CVNT.
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Reply #890 on: October 29, 2007, 03:32:38 PM

I'd also suggest that anyone who fails to complete Zombie Robot before the end of the Halloween event is subject to both court marshal and dismissal.

lesion

Reply #891 on: October 29, 2007, 03:34:36 PM

first person to mention "godly" gets a sewage enema?

we should totally yoink the Suck Off Jockeys angle.

Peacekeeping Happenstance Under Kindred Moderation

Co-Operative Reclamation Kinship--Demon Insurrection Collective Kappa 5

I got nothin'

steam|a grue \[T]/
bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

Reply #892 on: October 29, 2007, 04:20:41 PM

How about "Educated White Trash"?  :-D

or "We see dead people"
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #893 on: October 29, 2007, 04:58:41 PM

Can you fucking play today?  I've been looking forward to trying this out all weekend..

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #894 on: October 29, 2007, 05:40:34 PM

Launch Approaches
As we're in the final hours before Hellgate: London ships off to all of you, we're doing a few more final tests to re-re--RE-check that our online systems will be as happy as you are. Expect to seem some sporadic downtime throughout the course of the day.

Also, just so you all know for sure, Hellgate IS coming out tomorrow. In fact, we just got some boxed copies in the office. Check the pic below.

US Retail, baby!
Posted by: Kaiser on Mon, 10/29/2007 - 23:42 Talk About This Story!
Filed under: News, Update

Thingy

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #895 on: October 29, 2007, 05:47:49 PM

Wait, release tomorrow? A day early? Oh shit
Chorulle
Terracotta Army

Reply #896 on: October 29, 2007, 06:17:07 PM

Maybe so.  According to the Gamestop site my pre-order for the CE has shipped already complete with tracking code

"Saying that nobody needs more then web apps is like saying noone needs a fridge because we can all drive to T.G.I. goddamn Friday's for chicken wings"

- Walt Mosspuppet (Mike Arrington is wrong: Chrome OS won't matter)
schild
Administrator

Reply #897 on: October 29, 2007, 06:17:26 PM

Yep, I should be able to pick mine up in store tomorrow, THEORETICALLY.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #898 on: October 29, 2007, 06:24:20 PM

Multiple servers.

Do we pick one?
schild
Administrator

Reply #899 on: October 29, 2007, 06:27:40 PM

Is there a server list and server type?
schild
Administrator

Reply #900 on: October 29, 2007, 06:33:11 PM

lesion

Reply #901 on: October 29, 2007, 06:49:00 PM

he's the best NPC in the game, objectively. RUINER.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #902 on: October 29, 2007, 07:12:02 PM

So do i have to make a new login or what? am i supposed to be able to play?

I am the .00000001428%
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #903 on: October 29, 2007, 09:12:17 PM

Damn, looks like mine got shipped to my house instead of here. I have to decide whether or not it's worth buying a second box retail.
schild
Administrator

Reply #904 on: October 29, 2007, 11:46:57 PM

I'm a fan of the Hellgate one. So this goes in this thread.

Also, it's still up on EBGames.com right now.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 11:52:49 PM by schild »
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #905 on: October 30, 2007, 01:17:39 AM

Played the demo.

Mmmm.  Not "MMMMM". Just "Mmmmm."

Need to see what the final product looks like.  Considering I *couldn't finish the demo due to bugs* made me rather upset.  Oh, and are grenades really that messed up? I threw a grenade, watched where it landed, and it exploded in a completely different location.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #906 on: October 30, 2007, 05:38:52 AM

They need to get the fucking servers up since the game is out today. One hour til the mall opens eastern.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #907 on: October 30, 2007, 07:24:39 AM

Heh, I just got the CE delivered.  When you look at the pictures online it seems the exact same size as normal boxes but it is actually about twice as big.  It looks like one of those oversized display boxes, it's still just a standard cheap cardboard box though.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #908 on: October 30, 2007, 07:30:43 AM

I played the demo, even knowing I have a big anti-diablo bias. It's free.

First playthrough I was goofing around because the fiancee was over, and she's still new to games (it's cute). So I created a total goofball character named CheechChong, complete with blue mohawk and anemia. Didn't read any of the tutorial text. Found you could just hold the shoot button and the gun would keep shooting. So I just kept shooting until I came across a guy I couldn't shoot, he must be God. God wanted to chat, so I chatted with him. He said something, I dunno, I skipped it. Then he started stalking me. So I tried to shoot him (by facing him, I was still shooting everything in front of me nonstop since I never run out of ammo or overheat the barrel).

Maybe I pissed him off with my heathen ways. So I started running. The fiancee suggested I go see some London site, something park, who really listens? Let's just pretend she said Big Ben. She's a big fan of London, she's excited. So ok, I'll play along. Let's find Big Ben. Maybe it's in this basement. Nope. Maybe in this other basement that is totally not an instanced mirror copy of the other one, nope, just an excruciatingly exact random occurance, totally natural. But no, Big Ben isn't in there.

Now God is starting to creep me out, he just silently stalks me. Maybe once I find Big Ben (or, you know, whatever the hell she said) I can find a nice Bobby to fill out a restraining order on this creepy God fellow. So I start running away from this nutjob until I see magic letters floating in the air over a giant metal orifice with some glowing mist in it. Hey, I've been to Rapture, where the first thing you do after crash-landing in the middle of nowhere and being attacked by drug-addled superbeing is to grab an old hypodermic needle filled with god-knows-what (maybe he's cross-game stalking) and jam it in my wrist. So I know the drill, I jump in.

This apparently broke my gun, because now I can't continuously shoot everything in my path. Maybe I finally broke it or ran out of ammo. Shitty timing, because even though that creepy divinity stopped shadowing me, there's some annoying kids. Who let a kid into a video game, obviously a mistake that needs to be remedied, and how can you remedy mistakes without a gun?

So now I'm getting frustrated that I can't shoot at all, even though I bet these guys are in with that God dude and they'll be invulnerable, too. God is such a prankster like that. Like the time he inspired someone to call a lisp a lisp. That's fucking cruel. But maybe pointing that kind of thing out is why he's fucking with me now. I dunno. I gotta get out of the train station, so since there aren't any rusty hypodermic needles filled with an unknown genetic-modification drug lying around, I hop into the nearest giant glowing metal orifice, ignoring those people who are sprouting punctuation from their heads. That can't be good, it might be contagious. I don't want punctuation leaping out of my head. Ok, maybe just an ampersand. That's how they pull you in.

Now I pop out into some kind of factowarehouoffice building. Some drunk guys shamble towards me...but I can shoot again! So I press the trigger on my magic gun of continuously spraying projectiles and rain on this party. I figure I'll clean out these losers and find the keg, keep it all to myself. Hey, at least that God character stayed behind, maybe he's inflicting puncuation on people in the Tube. But this factowarehouoffice party is a real sausage party, where are all the white women at? So I decide to look around a bit, to maybe find the keg and nookie. Like that old movie Keg, Nook and Candle. Not sure what the candle is for, but it sounds kinky.

But I don't see any of those, not even the stupid candle. Just tons of repetetive hallways and rooms. Hey, wasn't I just here? Oh, I get it. It's that God bloke again, fucking with me. Maybe this is like some kind of fun-house, with mirrors or something. I try shooting the walls or mirrors or whatever, but my magic neverending gun doesn't even mark it up! Magic walls, too. Definitely a mischievious diety at work. So I wander down hall after hall of mysteriously identical rooms, mowing down shambling drunks for some inscrutable reason I can't figure out.

Then I got bored and turned it off.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #909 on: October 30, 2007, 07:34:08 AM

Heh, I just got the CE delivered.  When you look at the pictures online it seems the exact same size as normal boxes but it is actually about twice as big.  It looks like one of those oversized display boxes, it's still just a standard cheap cardboard box though.

I called EB and told them it was apparently released today according to press and numerous reports of people getting theirs delivered. They said no. I hung up and installed it from EA direct.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Hellgate London Alpha  
Jump to: