Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:09:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Fuck Vitamin Water 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuck Vitamin Water  (Read 19073 times)
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

on: July 30, 2007, 10:37:06 PM

My wife won't stop buying this stupid shit and it's really pissing me off. It's fucking tapwater, corn syrup, and some ground up vitamins. The whole bottom quarter of our fridge is full of this shit. I tell her it'd be healthier to drink Kool Aid and take a OneADay. And the shit is expensive on top of everything else.

And fuck 50 for putting this stupid shit out.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 10:48:21 PM

Actually, you can thank the Coca-Cola Company. They own the company that owns the brand.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 10:49:49 PM

Pepsi finally admitted that their Aquafina water is just tap water.  So is Dasani from Coca Cola. You're probably right about most vitamin water, too. 

That Yoru is a quick little rascal.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 01:12:20 AM

Ah, Bob living up to his name again ...  Heart

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 03:50:48 AM

For the time being, Glacieau is still a separate company.  My company is still distributing it for our neck of the worlds, and will continue to do so until the  folks from coke drop by to pick it up, but we'll flood the market to maximize our total sales in the weeks before that, just so we can maximize our profits.

Fuze, which is about the same thing. just got transferred to Coke this past week. We sold so much in the last three weeks that they' wont be delivering  to stores any time soon.

I am so glad I don't work on that side of my companies business.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 05:01:20 AM

Signe, never change your avatar again.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 05:52:05 AM

Pepsi finally admitted that their Aquafina water is just tap water.  So is Dasani from Coca Cola.
If  you look at the bottle it has said where it comes from for years.  I always figured they were just tap water especially considering some of the places they bottle it.  If it tastes good, I don't get offended.  I sure don't expect it to somehow be healthier or better for me, except by not having floaty shit in it like tap water in the town I grew up in did...
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 06:33:30 AM

I can't believe people don't read labels. We buy almost no products with corn syrup, especially the 'high fructose' variety, though it's getting harder since they put it in everything. And as Selby said, the labels for bottled water have said for a long time that it's from a municipal supply.

My fiancee is a bottled water nut, and I'm inclined to agree for different reasons. I think our municipal water is fine, it's the pipes within my crappy old apartment I don't trust. If I owned the place I'd get it tested and fix any problems and drink tap water. Growing up we had sulfur in the water, you could literally get gouts of flame from the tap.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 31, 2007, 06:39:33 AM

you could literally get gouts of flame from the tap.

I'd pay good money to see the expression on visitors' faces when this happened.  Also, filter pitchers are a hell of a lot cheaper than buying bottled water. :P

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 06:47:48 AM

Pepsi finally admitted that their Aquafina water is just tap water.  So is Dasani from Coca Cola.
If  you look at the bottle it has said where it comes from for years.  I always figured they were just tap water especially considering some of the places they bottle it.  If it tastes good, I don't get offended.  I sure don't expect it to somehow be healthier or better for me, except by not having floaty shit in it like tap water in the town I grew up in did...

Oh... it said in the story I read that they used an an acronym, PWS, Public Water Source, or something like that and no one really knew what that was.  Maybe I read it wrong or something.  Anyway, I drink bottled water because the water tastes horrible here. 

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 07:09:13 AM

Get a Brita water filter? Or have one installed on your water lines.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 07:13:18 AM

Get a Brita water filter? Or have one installed on your water lines.
Sometimes a Brita water filter is not enough. There was a period of time when my tap water, which comes from the Sierras, was being heavily chlorinated for some reason and even filtered you could still smell it and so I switched to drinking bottled spring water for a while.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #12 on: July 31, 2007, 07:24:26 AM

I can't have anything installed on anything here. It doesn't belong to me.  I've tried a Brita filter and water around here, and in NJ, still tastes awful.  Even the cheap Acme water, $4 a case for 24 16.9s, is a million times better.

schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: July 31, 2007, 07:28:36 AM

Fiji water or bust, bitches.

Short of that, we have water delivered. You have to in Arizona. Tap water here is the devil.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #14 on: July 31, 2007, 07:54:13 AM

My wife won't stop buying this stupid shit and it's really pissing me off. It's fucking tapwater, corn syrup, and some ground up vitamins. The whole bottom quarter of our fridge is full of this shit. I tell her it'd be healthier to drink Kool Aid and take a OneADay. And the shit is expensive on top of everything else.

And fuck 50 for putting this stupid shit out.

Quiet you, and take your medicine.  I have a mortgage to pay.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007, 07:56:29 AM

Fiji water or bust, bitches.

Short of that, we have water delivered. You have to in Arizona. Tap water here is the devil.

I pay extra for Fiji, because it has a pretty picture of a waterfall on the bottle.

My standard drinking water is Aquafina, however. They say right on the bottle it's pretty much just filtered tap water. I'm okay with that, it's nice and cold when I buy it from 7-11.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: July 31, 2007, 08:14:08 AM

For the most part, I believe the draw of bottled water is from the convenience, not so much that it is any healthier for you or not.  I've seen very few people actually buy and use nice little bottles they fill themselves.  That would make sense, but then you would have to clean them and keep track of them, etc.  We all like the flexibility of just throwing the bottle away or leaving it behind on accident with just a shoulder shrug.

The vitamin water thing is just a way to feel like you are doing something proactive about your health while not really doing anything out of your normal schedule.  Tons of people hate taking pills/vitamins, so compared to that, this is heaven for them.  They are also popular in that, they have flavor.  I'm one of those that really doesn't get off on water alone.  It does nothing for me.  In fact, I avoid it even though I shouldn't.

Flavored water gives me the water I want with some added flavor.  The added nutrients go towards excusing myself of indulging in the sweetness and makes it look like I just came from a workout (why else would I need to replenish my electrolytes??!)

Don't get me wrong.  I rarely buy it anyway.  I drink coffee and beer.  In that order.  Not together.
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: July 31, 2007, 08:18:49 AM

Slap her few times, show who is the man in the house. She probably does it just to piss you off.

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #18 on: July 31, 2007, 08:32:04 AM

I love Fiji water.  I've been drinking it forever.  I even had it as an avatard once.  BUT... I feel silly pouring it into my coffee maker at those prices. 

Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #19 on: July 31, 2007, 08:40:07 AM

I started drinking Vitamin Water after reading that Glacieau sold it to Coke for $4.1 billion, with 50 Cent making $400 million dollars in the process.

It's pretty good, but it is sweetened with fructose (not of the HF variety, but fructose none the less) so it's off limits (although I remember it only has something like 14mg of sugar, half that of soda).

Oh and Fiji water is the devil, SMARTWATER FOR LIFE (which is manufactured by Glacieau, suprise suprise).

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #20 on: July 31, 2007, 08:41:49 AM

Slap her few times, show who is the man in the house. She probably does it just to piss you off.
Better yet, fill all the bottles with tap water.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: July 31, 2007, 08:43:28 AM

Don't forget food coloring, vitamin water is colored.

I'll admit, I drink the stuff quite a bit at work.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: July 31, 2007, 08:46:21 AM

The one I don't get is the "Energy Water" with 0 calories...

I'm no scientist, but 0 calories means 0 energy to me.

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: July 31, 2007, 08:52:49 AM

The universe is at an end. We have found infinite energy!

But yeah, it's a big scam. But I buy into it, so I happily drink the kool-aid.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #24 on: July 31, 2007, 09:00:39 AM

Okay, two things: as aforementioned, Vitamin Water does not contain HFCS, just crystallized fructose (which is just sugar from fruits, and easier on you than sucrose). It is tasty and refreshing and only 50 cal/serving instead of 100. I wish they just sold the powder though, because I get sick of my recycling bin getting filled up with those wasteful bottles (I am not a hippie, but I don't condone wasting valuable resources. Maybe I shoulda been born in the Depression).

Fiji water is the devil, because it comes from a company getting rich off an aquifer that no Fijian has access to. In general, Fijians have very little access to clean drinking water, because rich white motherfuckers pay to drink all their water.

Pur water filter ftw. Plus Portland tap water is ridiculously clean anyway because it comes from the Bull Run watershed, which is completely forested (by law). All you ever hafta worry about is the quality of your plumbing.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
schild
Administrator

Reply #25 on: July 31, 2007, 09:02:19 AM

Fiji water is the devil, because it comes from a company getting rich off an aquifer that no Fijian has access to. In general, Fijians have very little access to clean drinking water, because rich white motherfuckers pay to drink all their water.

Don't be a hippy.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #26 on: July 31, 2007, 09:04:49 AM

The one I don't get is the "Energy Water" with 0 calories...

I'm no scientist, but 0 calories means 0 energy to me.

My guess is that it's of the caffeine, guarana, ginseng, taurine variety, which I guess would have no calories.

Water Joe == the awesome.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: July 31, 2007, 09:08:28 AM

Imma newb.

This guy made 400 million dollars of the Vitamin Water sale?
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #28 on: July 31, 2007, 09:14:16 AM

Imma newb.

This guy made 400 million dollars of the Vitamin Water sale?

He has "his own flavor" and is someone who endorses the product.

Here's the 50 Cent Vitamin Water site.

In Chicago, that same flavor is sold as "54" and talks about Brian Urlacher in the label blurb, IIRC.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: July 31, 2007, 09:16:24 AM

Goddamn....Not a bad days work...
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #30 on: July 31, 2007, 09:22:52 AM

On the flip side of that, I strongly suspect that our purchase of Glaceau for $4.1 beeeeellion will have some impact on my bonus.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #31 on: July 31, 2007, 09:28:32 AM

Bottled water. Pft.  Weaklings.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 31, 2007, 09:57:41 AM

I just buy a couple of those 5 gallon jugs from two different local sources (well one is actually a local company, one is from a local source but in an inspiring display of efficiency is bottled a few states away)  I'm not such a pre-diabetic fatty that I need to walk around everywhere with a canteen everywhere though.

That vitamin water shit just seems like a scam though.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: July 31, 2007, 10:30:59 AM

Like stated, in AZ, one must drink bottled water though we have a RO system at work here (and friends have RO systems where the water doesn't taste too objectionable) that seems to work OK… …but generally speaking, drinking tap water is not advised…

…I've always refrained from "purified water", instead forking out the extra cash for "spring water", though you have to wonder if there's rampant violation of "truth in advertising" there too…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: July 31, 2007, 10:57:27 AM

Of course there is.  Define 'spring' and you'll see where the problem lies.

I grew up drinking tap water and so generally I don't have a problem with it.  Unfortunately the building I live in is so old that the water coming from the taps comes out cloudy unless you let it run for a few minutes first.  So, I bought a Brita pitcher to filter it, works fine.  The pitcher I use has a digital monitor on it that is supposed to tell you when to change your filter.  Uh, yea.  It's just a timer.  I've been using the same filter for several months more than indicated, I figure I'll change it when I either notice a change in the taste of the water or it stops filtering out the cloudy particulates.

If I'm out and about though it's Aquafina all the way though.  Simply because it's just water, with no flavor, and doesn't have sodium added to it like Coke does with Dasani.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Fuck Vitamin Water  
Jump to: