Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:45:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Fuck Vitamin Water 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuck Vitamin Water  (Read 19071 times)
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #70 on: August 02, 2007, 05:21:51 PM

I visited the Bay Area last spring and was definitely warned by many people not to drink the tap water for that reason.

The thing that surprised me most about that entire area is the obsession with all-natural, free-range, no-hormone stuff. It's totally not like that on the other coast. I work in a grocery store here to pay the bills and we have a little four foot by four foot section with all-natural stuff. Just walking into Trader Joe's was something amazing to me.

I suppose I'm not anything like most other people though -- I pay attention to grocery stuff :P

That also extends to the Chicago area. We have a ton of organic grocers in the area, which is nice. The kid and I are sharing a bison NY strip steak and some shrimp for dinner tonight. It also helps that both myself and the wife get 20% off at Whole Foods.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: August 02, 2007, 05:24:43 PM

Hm. I wonder if that's just the norm in more urban areas. I live in suburban heaven, also known as Tampa Bay, Florida.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #72 on: August 02, 2007, 05:41:06 PM

Based on the people I used to hang with in Tampa, I'd have thought they had some hippie grocers in the area.

Granted, my friends all ran a pirate radio station and did Food Not Bombs each weekend, so maybe that was part of it.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: August 02, 2007, 05:44:16 PM

Really? I used to hang out with a lot of the people who did FNB and the like. Granted I'm more of a moderate and I support the lets go feed the homeless deal, but I don't do all the yay anarchy stuff that is more prevalent in the FNB in Tampa.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #74 on: August 02, 2007, 05:50:25 PM

My friends were autonomists (which, I guess, is the post-modern version of anarchists).

We almost got arrested many times trying to feed the homeless, which rather pissed me off. So, I spent a week ditching classes at U of AL to go ahead and do the research to get them started on the path to having a permit to do it. The annoyance on the faces of the cops was priceless. Then we went and skated the Bro Bowl. It was a good time all around.

Also fun was the fact that they were friends with, IIRC, members of The Skunks (or was it The Slackers), so that was some fun ska fanboy stuff for me.

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: August 02, 2007, 07:17:14 PM

Yeah, there is a hole in the wall bar here called Skipper's which was really into Ska and the whole deal. I remember they had Magadog (sp?) and Skatellites here a little while back.

I wasn't really that big into Ska, but the bar is pretty big for being a blues/ska bar (one of the only ones in town).

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Fuck Vitamin Water  
Jump to: