Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:07:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Microsoft and EA Wife-Swap 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Microsoft and EA Wife-Swap  (Read 11960 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: July 17, 2007, 01:26:50 PM

Microsoft and EA Wife-Swap

Peter Moore goes to EA.

Dan Mattrick, former President of EA, goes to Microsoft to head up the XBox and GFW divisions.

Well, I guess that's that.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 02:33:45 PM

Er... wait, what?

DID PETER MOORE ROCK OUT TOO HARD? Were they all like, 'Jesus, Peter. You rocked on Easy. Come sell our product.'

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 03:45:29 PM

According to his Wikipedia entry Peter Moore wanted to move back to the Bay Area and will be heading up EA's Sports Division.

Edit: here's the Peter Moore press release.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 03:47:33 PM by Trippy »
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 06:15:11 PM

Oooh EA sports division, that's gotta be a cushy job.  His day will merely consist of randomly adding/removing features from last year's version of the game and the most critical decision he will have to make is whether or not to update the rosters with new names.  All he has to do is make sure the game's name ends with the correct year and rake in the money.  Sweet.

His only care in the world would be if Madden dropped dead.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 07:06:12 PM

You think they will rename it if Madden chokes on a porkchop tomorrow?  Please.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 07:25:42 PM

You think they will rename it if Madden chokes on a porkchop tomorrow?  Please.
More then likely, they would push out a "Madden: Memorial" edition, with 5 different collectable case arts.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 08:40:23 PM

His only care in the world would be if there was zombie panic on the east coast.

Seriously. Zombie Panic is more likely than Madden, himself, dying or Madden the game becoming unpopular.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 01:01:50 PM

From what I hear Peter Moore is a pretty big sports fan, so maybe he'll push them to make Madden a better game.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 02:20:33 PM

Will this have any affect on EA's development of games for the PS3, considering how poorly it's been received?  Will they focus on the 360?  The price cut on the PS3 should help, but if the August pricehack of the 360 goes through....
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 02:51:08 PM

I'd put "EA not releasing new sports games on every console" somewhere between a "global zombie panic" and "the Sun dieing a few billion years early".

Remember, this is EA and Peter Moore we're talking about.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 08:14:12 AM

They are getting deeper into bed with eachother.  Microsoft is now going to be selling adspace in PC and 360 versions of Madden, NASCAR, NHL, Tiger Woods and that Skate game they are making.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Microsoft and EA Wife-Swap  
Jump to: