Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:10:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Yahoo Fantasy Football 07/08 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yahoo Fantasy Football 07/08  (Read 94055 times)
murdoc
Terracotta Army

on: June 18, 2007, 09:34:56 AM

What you say?

Yes, Yahoo has opened up for the season. You can create the leagues for the upcoming NFL season RIGHT NOW.

I would have created the F13 one, but I'm a terrible person to have running the controls.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 09:37:14 AM

I will set one up if you don't want to...shall we try to have a live draft? Those are always the most fun. I am thinking last weekend in August of we can get a reasonable time. Will that work?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 09:42:07 AM

I love me a live draft, so my vote is to go with that. I'm not sure how long it's been open to create leagues, so we might be already out of luck to use the Yahoo version.

Same rules as last year? Those seemed to work pretty good if I remember correctly. Plus, it's super easy in Yahoo to just carry over rulesets from previous pools you've been in.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 10:22:42 AM

Shit, guess it's almost that time already.

Live draft is always preferred, just try to keep it after 6:00 pst if on a weekday, if you can.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 10:26:02 AM

Shit, guess it's almost that time already.

Live draft is always preferred, just try to keep it after 6:00 pst if on a weekday, if you can.

It definitely won't be any earlier than that on a weekday if I am running things  :-D I would prefer a weekend morning/early afternoon if we can swing it.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 02:29:38 PM

Yes to everything in this thread.

Ravandor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 05:26:10 PM

I'd also like to join in with a yes to all of the above, if there's room for a lurker.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 05:34:18 PM

I'm down.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 05:39:12 AM

You gotta league?  I'll play in it.  I'm easy like that.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 08:47:06 AM

Definitely interested!
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 09:05:19 AM

Anyone have a list of people who've been playing the last few?  We should try to avoid last years "oh shit I missed this thread" leading to a 16 team league.  If anyone cares.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 10:14:41 AM

League started.

ID: 80995
pwd: harisu

Draft date: 8/23/07 9pm eastern

Same ruleset as last year.

There does seem to be a lot more livedraft "capacity" this year so if the date is a real issue we can try and move it. I am unavailable from 8/29-9/2.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 10:17:11 AM by shiznitz »

I have never played WoW.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 10:44:48 AM

The Pigs are back... and en espanol!

-Rasix
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 10:47:34 AM

In.  Who loves you baby?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Rasix

Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 10:49:53 AM

I would have gone with "The Murgosi".. but perhaps that'd just make you sound like a group of witches.

-Rasix
schild
Administrator

Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 10:51:13 AM

Wow. I just want to say. Having the password as Harisu is just 100% more lols than "f13football" or something would have been. Well played, Kool-Aid Man.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 10:51:50 AM

The Murgocratti?

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 10:59:59 AM

I wouldn't mind joining up, but I don't want to snag someone's spot who was in the league last year..
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 11:12:02 AM

Wow. I just want to say. Having the password as Harisu is just 100% more lols than "f13football" or something would have been. Well played, Kool-Aid Man.

I try to stay current. I often fail, but I try.

I have never played WoW.
WayAbvPar

Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 11:16:50 AM

IDKWTF Harisu is, but I am in. I better not lose a fucking playoff game by 2 points again this year or whatever. Bastards.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 12:14:00 PM

The Kilts are Waving again! Prepare for Mediocrity!

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 12:19:06 PM

Ah, what the hell. . . Sure.

There's some spirit for you.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 12:23:48 PM

I'd love to join. My qualifications are that I have an unrivalled ability to choose players who will either suffer grisly, season-ending injuries or do something incredibly stupid like hire someone to shoot his wife in the fase.

Free Honor Kill is in.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 12:28:54 PM by Montague »

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 12:38:36 PM

Yar, count me in for this!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 12:59:30 PM

You guys letting new people in or is this reserved for last year's crop?

As an aside: 6 points for a thrown TD will overvalue QB's, especially where immobile QB's are only penalized 0.25 for a sack.  Only 1 starting RB required?  Interesting. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 01:02:54 PM

As an aside: 6 points for a thrown TD will overvalue QB's, especially where immobile QB's are only penalized 0.25 for a sack.  Only 1 starting RB required?  Interesting. 

Ack! I thought this was a first time thing. Let me know if I need to drop out, I don't want to mess something up that's been going on for awhile.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 01:05:05 PM

We don't disagree but it is what it is. Not changing the rules after 3 years. I would ask those who have bever played in this league before to wait a week for the vets to have a chance to re-up.  Hell, if you get shut out, start another one. They are free.

I have never played WoW.
trotski
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 19, 2007, 01:36:53 PM

In.  Teh Herp is going to continue my tradition of F13 league mediocrity!

Xbox live: trotski44
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #28 on: June 19, 2007, 01:38:20 PM

Ok I'm waiting the desired new player week, but I'm going to forget that I'm waiting and miss this again.  After the pounding I took in the EPL season I'm eager to fail miserably at another sport.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: June 19, 2007, 03:32:02 PM

We don't disagree but it is what it is. Not changing the rules after 3 years. I would ask those who have bever played in this league before to wait a week for the vets to have a chance to re-up.  Hell, if you get shut out, start another one. They are free.

STAY THE COURSE!

<I'll wait my obligatory week... grrr>

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Rasix

Reply #30 on: June 19, 2007, 03:43:52 PM

QB points have worked out in the past.  Just means a few QBs sneak into the first couple rounds among the plethora of RBs.  Last year I got lucky and snagged Donovan in the fourth round.  He carried me for a while (heh, I also had Peyton during his 49 TD year) but then I had to finish out the year with Matt Leinart (still won).

Some of our roster limitations come from constantly having a 12 to 14 team league.  Try finding two quality runners in a 14 team league.  You pretty much end up handing the trophy to the only guy that manages to have both of his RBs stay healthy and stay starting.  You should see the amount of roster moves some of us end up making. 

-Rasix
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: June 19, 2007, 04:15:22 PM

The 14 teams last year, sheesh.  I was making 2-3 a week through the byes.  A year after I basically had a "GG" draft.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: June 19, 2007, 04:58:51 PM

Deleted my team, sorry about jumping the gun.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: June 19, 2007, 05:55:09 PM

Some of our roster limitations come from constantly having a 12 to 14 team league.  Try finding two quality runners in a 14 team league.  You pretty much end up handing the trophy to the only guy that manages to have both of his RBs stay healthy and stay starting.  You should see the amount of roster moves some of us end up making. 

I play in 16 team leagues that require starting 2 RB's and 2 QB's.  Having to find the gems in the later rounds of the draft and from waivers is what keeps it quite interesting throughout the season.  I don't mean to tell you guys how to play... was more of an observation really. 

-  Mark Twain
Rasix

Reply #34 on: June 19, 2007, 10:18:52 PM

I play in 16 team leagues that require starting 2 RB's and 2 QB's.  Having to find the gems in the later rounds of the draft and from waivers is what keeps it quite interesting throughout the season.  I don't mean to tell you guys how to play... was more of an observation really. 

Heh, last season for me was pretty much won by a waiver wire pickup.  Someone picked up Frank Gore in the last round and then cut him.  I was all too happy to scoop him up.  Sucker's going to likely be gone in the first 10 picks this year.

2 RBs and 2 QBs in a 16 team league.  Man, that's got to make for some really crappy teams when someone fails to get a pair of starting QBs and runners.  We seemed to be pretty competitive top to bottom last year with the exception a few teams getting raped by injuries.

Of course, I'm going to be biased.  I've been competitive 3 of the 4 years (or has it been longer) and won last year.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 10:22:06 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Yahoo Fantasy Football 07/08  
Jump to: